Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,724 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:18 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! (66246 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2009
debosky:

I have noticed - he is a great supporting striker at best, but has a mean shot on him. There is merit in comparing Rodallega to Eduardo since the claim is almost turning into replace Eduardo with x and we'd become a side that didn't concede 3 goals - as if he is the simple cause of all our problems. A simplistic but ultimately inaccurate conclusion.

Had Eduardo scored one of his chances in the first half, the complexion of the game woulda changed.
Goals change matches and United's match against Tottenham tonight shoulda taught you that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Debosky has reached an all time low comparing that shitty Eduardo to Rodallega.
If Arsenal had Rodallega on Sunday, they woulda threatened Chelsea more.

Can you shut up for once? The 'comparison' if any was introduced by Kit - I needed to show him that what he thinks we 'need' has been ineffective against teams we have smothered this season, and was not even able to penetrate our much maligned defence. In that regard, it is silly to make that comparison.

Rodallega undressed Vidic last season @ JJB Stadium.
He is tall, athletic and very strong. He can play as a lone striker(Something Eduardo can never manage).
He undressed Vidic but what happened in the second half? Last I remembered, Wigan were given their second largest tonking of the season. Morons like yourself will accept a little 'action' or gra gra as proof of being better? Not me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 12:02am On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Had Eduardo scored one of his chances in the first half, the complexion of the game woulda changed.
Goals change matches and United's match against Tottenham tonight shoulda taught you that.

What nonsense are you saying? So Eduardo is the only one who had a responsibility to score? Was he given passes in open spaces to shoot like Gibson got tonight or would a Chelski defence present such gaps? Your comparisons are more dumbed down by the minute.

I repeat, none of the 'chances' Dudu missed were as clear cut as those scored at the Emirates on Sunday. If he did get such chances, then I would castigate him the way y'all are doing. Given that what he missed could be best termed as half chances, I won't fault him for failing to score against the BEST DEFENCE in the land, something supposedly 'better' strikers like Rooney and Torres have also failed to do.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 12:03am On Dec 02, 2009
Ibime stop embarassing urself. . . Eduardo has spent like 70% of his Arsenal career on the left wing(including this season).

The problem with most people here apart from their sub standard intellect is they just dont understand english/footballing terms. . . when i say "eduardo has more ability than bent" its translated to eduardo is a better player than bent. However, i'd take eduardo over bent everyday and twice on christmas.
Who is a better player, robinho or drogba? Drogba. Who has more ability, robinho or drogba? Robinho.
It's unfortunate half witted buffoons like nateevs cant understand this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by denzel2009: 12:07am On Dec 02, 2009
Men I love this site to a fault most especially during these contoversies.The amount of grammars I have learnt since sunday are uncountable.

Damn, even oyinbos wont knw the meaning of those words, God bless Naija with some intellect.

I need more from you guys, oya
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 12:10am On Dec 02, 2009
debosky:

What nonsense are you saying? So Eduardo is the only one who had a responsibility to score? Was he given passes in open spaces to shoot like Gibson got tonight or would a Chelski defence present such gaps? Your comparisons are more dumbed down by the minute.

He had more than enough chances against Chelsea to at least test Petr Cech.
Are you okay? Did you sleep during the game or are you having one of your spastic moments again?

I repeat, none of the 'chances' Dudu missed were as clear cut as those scored at the Emirates on Sunday. If he did get such chances, then I would castigate him the way y'all are doing. Given that what he missed could be best termed as half chances, I won't fault him for failing to score against the BEST DEFENCE in the land, something supposedly 'better' strikers like Rooney and Torres have also failed to do.

Rooney scored against Chelsea in the shield with Terry and Carvalho playing.
Eduardo did not only fail to score, he didn't have a single shot on goal on Sunday. What kinda idiot is that?
How can you not show some stealth playing with 55,000 Arsenal fans baying for Chelsea's blood.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 12:45am On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

He had more than enough chances against Chelsea to at least test Petr Cech.
Are you okay? Did you sleep during the game or are you having one of your spastic moments again?

I disagree with you - none of the chances were clear cut. That is my opinion.

Rooney scored against Chelsea in the shield with Terry and Carvalho playing.
Eduardo did not only fail to score, he didn't have a single shot on goal on Sunday. What kinda idiot is that?
How can you not show some stealth playing with 55,000 Arsenal fans baying for Chelsea's blood.

Liar - Eduardo had a shot on goal that got saved in the build up to the disallowed goal.

Update: Wenger is looking for a striker come January.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-ll-be-active-in-transfer-window
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 1:13am On Dec 02, 2009
debosky:

I disagree with you - none of the chances were clear cut. [/b]That is my opinion.

Cheese n Rice.

Liar - Eduardo had a shot on goal that got saved in the build up to the disallowed goal.

Stop defending this stumblebum. . . . .
The stats don't lie. . . .

[b]Eduardo:

Fouls(2), Attempts created(2), Tackles won(1), Total passes(16), Accurate passes(13), Scoring attempts(0), On target attempts(0)
Total contest(2), Won contest(1).

Nasri:
Fouls(0), Attempts created(2), Tackles won(3), Total passes(45), Accurate passes(37), Scoring attempts(2), On target attempts(1)
Total contest(3), Won contest(2).

I hope this shuts you up for good. grin grin grin

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-ll-be-active-in-transfer-window

Balotelli is coming down. . . . .Jose Mourinho wants Cesc Fabregas in exchange. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:31am On Dec 02, 2009
Debosky after the Chelsea match

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by follypimpi(m): 1:48am On Dec 02, 2009
Chamotex,

NO dey diss the Lord of Gunner like dat now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 1:49am On Dec 02, 2009
chamotex:

Is that Debosky?
Look at his akpu 6-pac!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
His navel looks like a Yaba puff-puff. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:57am On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Is that Debosky?
Look at his akpu 6-pac!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
His navel looks like a Yaba puff-puff. cheesy

Yes, that is Debosky.
Apparently he was gunning for Wenger before the stewards nabbed him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 1:58am On Dec 02, 2009
chamotex:

Yes, that is Debosky.
Apparently he was gunning for Wenger before the stewards nabbed him.

Wenger woulda been so excited had Debosky gotten close to him. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mamagee3(f): 2:04am On Dec 02, 2009
Wenger is not a very good coach. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mamagee3(f): 2:20am On Dec 02, 2009
chamotex:

Who is this dark fool? shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Ibime(m): 2:22am On Dec 02, 2009
ritchboy:

Ibime stop embarassing urself. . . Eduardo has spent like 70% of his Arsenal career on the left wing(including this season).

Nucca dont say my name in vain.

Dont make me give you the Dr Kit treatment.  grin grin grin

Abi na everybody you see for internet be your mate?   tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 4:43am On Dec 02, 2009
@ sharon

i don't give a monkey's tail about your dodgy stats. . . .i know what i saw and i saw it again on replay- dudu had a shot on goal that was stopped by cech or a defender moments before the disallowed goal.

Besides, if we even accept your dubious stats, there is no way dudu wouldn't have had shots on goal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 8:08am On Dec 02, 2009
@ Sauron
Using your scummie logic that Arsenal hasn't won anything for 5 seasons
We can also conclude that Manure and Chelsea too has been trophyless for one season!
Can simple Maths be this difficult?
I wonder what trophies have been presented in the 09/10 season.
Anyone who says Arsenal have been trophyless for 5 seasons must be either woeful in Arithmetic or downright dippy
Arsenal last won a trophy in 2005 and simple Maths reveal Arsenal hasn't won a trophy for the last 4 seasons.
Wait till May when the season is over, before saying its 5 seasons
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 8:16am On Dec 02, 2009
Debosky, HNIC i'll implore you to stop arguing with these people.

When people like Dr. Kit come on Arsenal thread and unambiguosly calls us retards cause we refuse to lose faith in our team, why bother arguing with well known enemies. undecided

Its time we take it one match at a time. Conjectures dont matter now. One match at a time. 18 points up for grabs in december. 3 points at a time. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 8:21am On Dec 02, 2009
Anyone also saying an 11 points gap(with a game in hand) cannot be closed in the 2009/2010 season is a joker!
~A season in which the big 4 had lost 2 games each by November~
~A season in which Burnley has beaten Manure,Wigan thrashed Chelsea and Hull drew with Citeh~
~A season in which the big 4 have been having some difficulties in thrashing so called 'small' teams(except Arsenal)~
Come on.
There is still a lot to play for.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2009
Debosky, HNIC and co, I've said this time & time and will continue saying it. . .

It's TOTALLY pointless even trying to argue wiv the likes os sharon, chamo n the other scummies. .

Save Seun some bytes!

It's the red & white army baby 4 life!! Like slim said, there's 18 points up for grabs. . .one game at a time!!

cool cool

Gunnerz anyday,anytime~!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 8:31am On Dec 02, 2009
errrm, anyone know wat d line-up'll look like?javascript:void(0);
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Cristalz(f): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2009
Chamo, you're so cray-zee. grin
What were you doing taking pictures of our dear nude Debosky anyway? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by denzel2009: 9:29am On Dec 02, 2009
Damn that officer carrying him has started undoing his belt, His assanal wont enjoy this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 9:40am On Dec 02, 2009
debosky:

We have heard and read this season after season, this is just to cool temper of some aggrieved fans after sunday humiliation.
Its very unlikely for him to buy. If any of the young strikers score tonite he will promote him to first team player with 100% confidence.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 9:47am On Dec 02, 2009
debosky:

@ sharon
i don't give a monkey's tail about your dodgy stats. . . .i know what i saw and i saw it again on replay- dudu had a shot on goal that was stopped by cech or a defender moments before the disallowed goal.

That will register as a blocked shot. . . . not shot on goal.
Debo, you of all people should know better.

Besides, if we even accept your dubious stats, there is no way dudu wouldn't have had shots on goal.

Those stats were from OPTA. They have no reason to lie.

HNIC:

@ Sauron
Using your scummie logic that Arsenal hasn't won anything for 5 seasons
We can also conclude that Manure and Chelsea too has been trophyless for one season!
Can simple Maths be this difficult?

Of course, United have been Trophyless since last season. . . . . . . .
The last time Arsenal won a title was May 2005. They won't win anything until 2010(if they will win anything at all) . . . .
So how many years gap is that, Mr Mathematics?

I wonder what trophies have been presented in the 09/10 season.
Anyone who says Arsenal have been trophyless for 5 seasons must be either woeful in Arithmetic or downright dippy

No trophies have been presented in 09/10 as of yet but if Arsenal win the league in May 2010. . . . .Wouldn't that be 5 years since they last won a title?
May 2005 - May 2010 is how many years? Stop talking like a doofus.
This is Arsenal's 5th season without a TITLE. No matter what happens this season. . . . .It's been FIVE SEASONS without a title.

Arsenal last won a trophy in 2005 and simple Maths reveal Arsenal hasn't won a trophy for the last 4 seasons.
Wait till May when the season is over, before saying its 5 seasons

Since you cannot win anything THIS YEAR(2009). . . . . .It is very correct to say you haven't won nowt for the PAST 5 YEARS.
I know it hurts but it's the TRUTH. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by denzel2009: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2009
I doubt if they can win Man city tonight.

BTW why does everyone call them citeh?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2009
Positives from Sunday :
[*] Denilson's good to go when Song leaves for the ACN.
[*] Gunners(especially myself) have realised what we lost in RVP, dude's far more than influential than i was giving him credit for.
[*] Wenger knows the defence has improved but It still needs work if we're going to stand a chance this season.

PS: please Muki come back home, you can't expect smooth sailing every day sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 10:03am On Dec 02, 2009
Sauron
5 YEARS is different from 5 SEASONS. But even if we agree with ur daft logic, the carling cup final is not played in may. . . Either way, u have to admit u are mentally handicapped. grin

ibime,
what does all that rubbish u typed have to do with ur absurd claim about rodallega & eduardo?
Get back to me after some soul searching cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 10:07am On Dec 02, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron
5 YEARS is different from 5 SEASONS. But even if we agree with your daft logic, the carling cup final is not played in may. . . Either way, u have to admit u are mentally handicapped. grin

Olodo. . . . .5 years is 5 seasons unless you left your brain cells under your pillow before coming online.
Last season kicked off in August 2008. . . . . .This season kicked off in August 2009. That is a difference of 12 calendar months.
Last season ended in May 2009. . . . . .This season will end in May 2010. Another 12 calendar months.

Carling Cup final that Arsenal can never win. Letz even say Wenger wins it in Feb/March 2010.
The reports would still say. . . . .Arsenal win the Carling Cup after 5 seasons without a TROPHY.
This is the FIFTH SEASON without a title at the Emirates.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2009
Sauron, stop refusing knowledge because It's not cheap.
After winning Man U in the FA cup in 2004-2005 season, we didn't win anything the following season, 05 - 06. Thus two season's later in 06-07 we were said to have gone through the previous season trophyless and since we didn't win anything that season either it was our second dry spell.
That meant 07-08 was our 3rd season without a trophy and 08 - 09 fourth trophyless season.

If you still don't understand this it would explain alot about how your mind works.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2009
edoyad:

Sauron, stop refusing knowledge because It's not cheap.
After winning Man U in the FA cup in 2004-2005 season, we didn't win anything the following season, 05 - 06. Thus two season's later in 06-07 we were said to have gone through the previous season trophyless and since we didn't win anything that season either it was our second dry spell.
That meant 07-08 was our 3rd season without a trophy and 08 - 09 fourth trophyless season.

If 08/09 is your 4th season like you alluded. . . . . .Then what will 09/10 season be? The same 4th season or the 5th season?

If you still don't understand this it would explain alot about how your mind works.

You have no mathematical nous.
This is Arsenal's 5th season without a trophy.

05/06
06/07
07/08
08/09
09/10

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal (5 - 0) On 28th August 2021 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle United - (4 - 1) On September 11 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.