Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,393 members, 7,901,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:39 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! (66953 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2009
50-51 seasons without a trophy & 5 seasons without one?? Do the math son else your brain'z having a crisis(as always)

Errrm, just so you know Arsene Wenger's arsenal's most successful coach till date, you clown!
Remember going a whole season "un-beaten" and winning the trophy in style?. . .Arsene led the team!
So what are u on about Sauron. . .i'm starting to question your IQ shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by denzel2009: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2009
Can a Mod lock this thread pls? Now the arguments are getting boring.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2009
The game against city will be one of those fast pace to and fro games as City don't lack pace themselves.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
edo,
yea this would be one of those "ussain bolt" sprint-like matches angry undecided

But the boyz have got some skill in they tank to nick this one
cool cool
Can't wait to see Fran Merida, Wilshere n co. . .run riot in Citeh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2009
Run riot on em, that's just the phrase i want. The thing with reserves is you just can't say. If you get your mix of the reserve and first like Man U last night, you could shock the opposition to high heavens
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
but fab4,nasri n co aren't on the list. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2009
I noticed too. The defence is what i'm worried about, should have had Verm in it. Tots kept blowing hot air yesterday and would have been 2 - 0 up in the first 20 if it wasn't for Vidic and to a lesser extent Kuskus
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2009
im OK with that list. . . .the boyz needs to just step up. . .that's all!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2009
yea, watched the game too. . .tots did the play,manure did the scoring

Hughes'll list a full strength squad for this match. . .robinho, SWP,bellamy,Adebayor,Ireland. . .the list continues. . . shocked shocked

It would laff myself to stupor if Man city lose!! which i know they will. . . !! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
The best for me would be a draw so we'd bring em back to the Emirates for a nice time grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2009
naw. . .seeing em heads hanging low. . @ home would be the icing on the cake for me grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
The thing with the CC victories is the loser could always say, "well it was only the CC anyways" grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
edoyad:

The best for me would be a draw so we'd bring em back to  the Emirates for a nice time  grin

A DRAW WILL TAKE THE GAME TO EXTRA TIME AND THEN PENALTIES!!!

its on in the FA Cup that a draw takes the game to Home/away fixtures!

so a winner MUST emerge tonight.

Wish the young gun best of luck!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by denzel2009: 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2009
v3nom4eva:

naw. . .seeing em heads hanging low. . @ home would be the icing on the cake for me grin

Whatever gave you the impression that Arsenal will beat City? The last time you played with your 1st team you got thrashed. This is the only chance for both teams to get a silverware this season, I suggest AW use the full squad or else more complaints on this thread 2moro.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2009
I take that back with a vengeance, A RESOUNDING VICTORY PLEASE. grin The varying cup rules are somein else.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by duduspace(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2009
I've seen that Merida, Wilshere, Watt attacking trio and they look impressive in the reserves; add Vela and Ramsey (who should by now have watched that Sunderland match a thousand times  to remind himself of how not to play) into the mix and we have a very potent frontline that should do well in a cup game. I think Song and Tweety will bring up the rear with Eboue and Traore to give us a very solid backline platform to play. I would like to see this team start.

Fabianski

Eboue - Song - Silvestre - Traore

Ramsey -  Coquelin - Merida

Wilshere - Vela - Watt

but I think it is more likely Eastmond comes in for Coquelin, Gilbert comes in for Eboue and Rosicky comes in for Watt who I heard had a minor car crash earlier in the week but should still make the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2009
denzel2009:

Whatever gave you the impression that Arsenal will beat City? The last time you played with your 1st team you got thrashed. This is the only chance for both teams to get a silverware this season, I suggest AW use the full squad or else more complaints on this thread 2moro.
I see that this Chav victory is making you guys yarn gibberish
Comparing Citeh's ambitions with Arsenal!!!
and have you seen any team at all make so much noise after being knocked out of the CC
Your Chelski was knocked out by Burnley or was it Barnsley last season,Manure got beaten by Coventry a few seasons ago.
Only the small teams see the CC as a big deal and ARSENAL isn't one tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2009
i'll be watching out for Jack tonite. He's got waht he takes to be a game decider. Well look out for Bartley too the kid is good. thats if AW plays him though, with the song at CH situation dunno.

Alrite young guns, tenhutt!!!! Cannons loaded. , . . .check!!! Fire!!!!

Its the RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by denzel2009: 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2009
HNIC:

I see that this Chav victory is making you guys yarn gibberish
Comparing Citeh's ambitions with Arsenal!!!
and have you seen any team at all make so much noise after being knocked out of the CC
Your Chelski was knocked out by Burnley or was it Barnsley last season,Manure got beaten by Coventry a few seasons ago.
Only the small teams see the CC as a big deal and ARSENAL isn't one tongue

I knw I cant win arguments with you guys but if I'm an Arsenal fan, I will still cherish the CC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by duduspace(m): 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2009
slimshay:

i'll be watching out for Jack tonite. He's got waht he takes to be a game decider.

Not only you slim but myself and other millions of English men who know anything about football, he might be Arsenal's most significant contribution to the English football setup for the next 10 years. I personally feel Arsene shld give up on this Theo experiment and start fasttracking this boy, he's got all the tools to make it big.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2009
Arsene knows the number 1 "killerz of english talent" are the english press!

Remember the buzz that surrounded, David Beckham, Wayne Rooney, SWP, Theo Walcott and co? Wenger's trying to shield Wilshere from the press who would KILL to see him put a foot wrong in ANY game he plays (be it arsenal or england)
Wilshere's got talent and has a bright future with england. . .and wenger's NOT about to let some paparazzi kill d boy before his time wiv some lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2009
Arsene knows the number 1 "killerz of english talent" are the english press!

How odd that sounds with English and talent beside each other.

You mean the "talents" that were humiliated by Germany 4-0 both at U17 and U21 this year alone

Lennon , Walcott, Agbonlahor are talents maybe in sprint races
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by v3: 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2009
DK,

I feeel for you. . .nvm, i hope we get to meet this time in the UCL (i doubt grin grin), so i could show you how footie is played!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2009
dayokanu:

You mean the "talents" that were humiliated by Germany 4-0 both at U17 and U21 this year alone

Lennon is a special talent.
He has improved a great deal and he is now streets ahead of Walcott(the player Wenger bought for £12 million).
If you put the fact that the same amount was paid for Cristiano Ronaldo, then you gotta admit Wenger is a failure with young talents.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by duduspace(m): 6:02pm On Dec 02, 2009
dayokanu:

Dayo, the fact that the English FA coaching crews at the different age levels are clueless does not mean they don't have talent. It is akin to Nigeria losing the world cup place to Angola in the 2006 world cup despite having more talent at our disposal than the Angolans.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2009
What do we have to gain by beating Assanal the 100th time?

Without Key players, we royally humiliated the Arsenal invincibles(Their best collection in a Century) so why should we want to play the bunch of retards they parade right now as a team

Dayo, the fact that the English FA coaching crews at the different age levels are clueless does not mean they don't have talent. It is akin to Nigeria losing the world cup place to Angola in the 2006 world cup despite having more talent at our disposal than the Angolans.

You mean Stuart Pearce is incompetent? You can help us by mentioning the talents worth mentioning in England.

Nigeria losing to Angola was due to NFA incompetence. or are you insinuating that the English FA is incompetent too.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by duduspace(m): 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Lennon is a special talent.
He has improved a great deal and he is now streets ahead of Walcott(the player Wenger bought for £12 million).
If you put the fact that the same amount was paid for Cristiano Ronaldo, then you gotta admit Wenger is a failure with young talents.
You clearly forget that:
1. Aaron Lennon is also 2 years older than Walcott and should be delivering the goods now at 22 years of age
2. CR7 was bought from the continent and English players are known to have inflated values
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2009
duduspace:

You clearly forget that:
1. Aaron Lennon is also 2 years older than Walcott and should be delivering the goods now at 22 years of age
2. CR7 was bought from the continent and English players are known to have inflated values

How old is Walcott now? He will be 21 in the next 3 months and i have not seen any sign of improvement.
At his age, Lennon was delivering the goods with Tottenham
Rooney n Ronaldo at 18/19 already blazed Euro 2004 before they hit 20.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2009
Players at Arsenal remain young forever. e.g Eboue, Sagna, Clichy are still youngsters
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by duduspace(m): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2009
dayokanu:

You mean Stuart Pearce is incompetent? You can help us by mentioning the talents worth mentioning in England.

Nigeria losing to Angola was due to NFA incompetence. or are you insinuating that the English FA is incompetent too.
Too many English talents to begin to mention, where was Germany in the Under 19 European competition earlier in the year where England came second? how are they faring at present in their group in the Under 21 qualification for 2011?

The English FA might not be incompetent but their coaching crews are stuck with the old style English soccer of long balls and Little man/Big man combinations upfront, yu should have seen them in the European U17s earlier in the year where Wilshere was picked out as one of the best players in the tournaments playing long balls when they had players of the quality of Wilshere and Bostock centrally.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2009
Too many English talents to begin to mention, where was Germany in the Under 19 European competition earlier in the year where England came second? how are they faring at present in their group in the Under 21 qualification for 2011?

Germany won the UEFA U17, and U21 this year.

This year the Germans were the first country to hold all UEFA youth trophies at the same time and in the process pumelling England 4-0 both in the U17 and U21.

Germany played the FIFA U21 quarters 2 months ago, where was England? Struggling with Aberbaijan and Tahiti for the worst team of the tournament.

In FIFA U21 records England scored their first goal in 10 matches against Azerbaijan shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So much for the talents
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by duduspace(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

How old is Walcott now? He will be 21 in the next 3 months and i have not seen any sign of improvement.
At his age, Lennon was delivering the goods with Tottenham
Rooney n Ronaldo at 18/19 already blazed Euro 2004 before they hit 20.

The age comparison was between Lennon and Theo, not Rooney and Ronaldo and why judge Arsene on Theo alone? why not Cesc, Song, Clichy, Bendtner, Denilson? and FYI CR7 got to Manure aged 18 from Sporting (a top club in the Portuguese league) and a ready made player already in the portuguese national team setup while Theo came to Arsenal at 16 from Southhampton who weren't even top of the Championship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: Super Cup (1 - 3) On 13th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.