Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312999 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tjadeba(m): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2010
justwise:

Sadly i did not, studied my undergrad in another uni here, yes Portsmouth is very moderate compared to others i have checked out.
They also give 10% GOAL Award to foreign students.

I don't know much about the cost of living there, most especially the accommodation.

yea,you would still be given 10%,you are right.Housing is like £50-£100 per week(excluding bills), but african food is expensive here (a little bit than in London),But you wont really need to get around in public transportation during term time cos the school bus takes students freely and most students live in houses on the school bus route.I hope you got my point
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2010
tjadeba:

yea,you would still be given 10%,you are right.Housing is like £50-£100 per week(excluding bills), but african food is expensive here (a little bit than in London),But you wont really need to get around in public transportation during term time cos the school bus takes students freely and most students live in houses on the school bus route.I hope you got my point

Yea i get ur point. Do you have any contact for accommodation? Studio apartment or flat sharing, any good info will help my budgeting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2010
Reading the post here has reduced my anxiety cos I have also applied for visa and its exactly 10 working days today and no response yet. I hope it will be ready soon so I know what decisions to make. Anyway, congratulations to those that have been issued visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tjadeba(m): 12:34am On Aug 21, 2010
tjadeba:

this is the official and regulated private student housing list, could be of help

http://housing.port.ac.uk/lists/housinglistnew.pdf

then try portsmouth gumtree,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:44am On Aug 21, 2010
tjadeba:

this is the official and regulated private student housing list, could be of help

http://housing.port.ac.uk/lists/housinglistnew.pdf

then try portsmouth gumtree,

Thanks for that.

I have tried Portsmouth gumtree, nothing much there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by darkroll(m): 2:36am On Aug 21, 2010
Just wanna share dis with you guys ,  cause i find it bizzare

candidate A . original CAS , fake school certificate , fake bank statement ,  he applied for a uk visa 5years ago with date of birth 1970 and was refused due to insufficient funds  , he got a new passport with same name but new date of birth 1975 and he stated in his application that he applied before and was refused but he lost his old passport . To my greatest shock he was granted a student visa yesterday

Candidate B: ( My cousin ).All documents original but was refused due to no strong relationship between him and his sponsor

I kinda wonder if some of dis ECOs keep records of applicants before the bio metric thingy started ( they should have detected that Candidate A as applied before with a fake D.O.B)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 6:12am On Aug 21, 2010
thanks and well done to all d positive contributors in dis forum, pls i summited applictn since on d 13th of august hopefully to collect my visa b4 d months runs out so i am makin provision for accommodation if any have clue on house rentage in paisley campus scotland pls help with d price range n also wat to let all expectant of their visa like me not 2 worry n shud knw that god is d only reliable help so lets hope in god 4 he alone can make a way wen there is no way, congrat in advance get ur things ready for immediate takin off if u are resumin early next month no time bro n sist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 6:14am On Aug 21, 2010
@LIKEITHOT, HOW FAR JUST RELAX OOOOOOOOOOO GOD DON ENTER EMBASSY 4 THOSE WEN PUT THEIR TRUST ON HIM , DIS MONI GO DEY PROCESS OUR VISA SO NO CHECKIN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 7:25am On Aug 21, 2010
Visa application processing times has increased due to the summer rush, so dont be afraid if your application does not come out of BHC even after 15 working days. At times they purposely delay the application to see if an applicant will withdraw from the maintainance funds just to have an excuse for refusal. I guess they derive joy in refusing people visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2010
Femtopsy:

Visa application processing times has increased due to the summer rush, so dont be afraid if your application does not come out of BHC even after 15 working days. At times they purposely delay the application to see if an applicant will withdraw from the maintainance funds just to have an excuse for refusal. I guess they derive joy in refusing people visa

Femtopsy, you too study this people oooooo, LOL cheesysmiley, well, you re right!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2010
@Justwise and the house, I am so confused. A friend submitted his documents for visa application first week of July. he is to do an undergrad programme in UK starting October and uptill now he has not not gotten any response. He called twice and they told him they are stil on it and will get back to him soon. Its a month and two weeks now he submitted. What could be the reason y its taking so so long and pls any suggestions on way forward. tanx.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2010
Ardenb:

@Justwise and the house, I am so confused. A friend submitted his documents for visa application first week of July. he is to do an undergrad programme in UK starting October and uptill now he has not not gotten any response. He called twice and they told him they are stil on it and will get back to him soon. Its a month and two weeks now he submitted. What could be the reason y its taking so so long and pls any suggestions on way forward. tanx.

Its summer rush, they may have to give priority to Sept starters since urs is Oct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 10:30am On Aug 21, 2010
@All: I'm actually sorry 4 just posting this. I guess am just waking up to this reality. We(myself and 4 other friends) got our visas yesterday aftern'n, which happens to be the 17th day of our submission. We basically digested the guidance note and made sure we wrote a well researched personal statement. Above all, we fought for it in the spiritual. This is through fasting and prayer. Best of favour to those awaiting their visa decisions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 10:57am On Aug 21, 2010
[tt]I'm actually sorry 4 just posting this. I guess am just waking up to this reality. We(myself and 4 other friends) got our visas yesterday aftern'n, which happens to be the 17th day of our submission. We basically digested the guidance note and made sure we wrote a well researched personal statement. Above all, we fought for it in the spiritual. This is through fasting and prayer. Best of favour to those awaiting their visa decisions. [/tt] [b][/b]

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2010
ceteris09:

@All: I'm actually sorry 4 just posting this. I guess am just waking up to this reality. We(myself and 4 other friends) got our visas yesterday aftern'n, which happens to be the 17th day of our submission. We basically digested the guidance note and made sure we wrote a well researched personal statement. Above all, we fought for it in the spiritual. This is through fasting and prayer. Best of favour to those awaiting their visa decisions.

Congrat and all the best with ur studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2010
@CETERIS09, CONGRAT 2 U FOR A WELL , SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION, PLS CAN U TELL THE HOUSE WAT WRE D DOCUMENT U SUMMITTED , ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2010
@ceteris: do u mean 17 working days or 17 days, pls clarify,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2010
likeithot:

@ceteris: do u mean 17 working days or 17 days, pls clarify,
Which school are you going to in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
I'm going to Uni of Glasgow, I have not even made arrangements for accommodation,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2010
@likeithot, my broda how far na.which course are u goin to study down there in glasgow , ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2010
@likeithot, have u gotten ur entrance clearance , n along did it took for it 2 come out, n wat are d document u summited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2010
@likeithot: it was 17 working days.
List of documents submitted, my other friends also did the same:
1. DegreeTranscript (it has my univ valid contact details, but they didnt contact my sch at all, because i included my NYSC cert);
2. First bank statement dated 4rm 28-06-10 to 27-07-10. Though, there was a bank interest transaction on 30-06-10 ; and
3. A 'strongly worded' personal statement.
That was all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2010
hi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2010
pls can u add me on ur yahoo msger so we can chat more, klemsworld@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2010
@ateteh: are u directing ur request to me? If yes, i'm using my phone browser and cant add u. Confirm so i can send my phone no. to ur email addy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2010
@ceteris09, yes i am , ok,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2010
@ateteh: i just sent the email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2010
@ Justwise or anyone.>> I'm actually new to Nairaland. I've been seeing my sister using it and in- fact, this is her account. Yeah, I submitted my application at The VFS Ikeja. Today is the 9th working day since I submitted my application. The lady at the counter wrote " 5 working days" on the photocopy of my data page. But since then I've not heard anything. I hope there's no need to panic. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:54am On Aug 22, 2010
Cori_corde:

@ Justwise or anyone.>> I'm actually new to Nairaland. I've been seeing my sister using it and in- fact, this is her account. Yeah, I submitted my application at The VFS Ikeja. Today is the 9th working day since I submitted my application. The lady at the counter wrote " 5 working days" on the photocopy of my data page. But since then I've not heard anything. I hope there's no need to panic. smiley
There is no need to panic. Did you get a recommendation that you applied through an education agency registered with the British Council? Because normally student's visa takes btw 10 - 15 working days for processing, while those that apply tnrough recognised agents takes btw 5 - 10 working days, bearing in mind that we are in the middle of the peak period, it could take a bit longer before visa's are issue. Therefore you have no cause for alarm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:45am On Aug 22, 2010
Femtopsy:

There is no need to panic. Did you get a recommendation that you applied through an education agency registered with the British Council? Because normally student's visa takes btw 10 - 15 working days for processing, while those that apply tnrough recognised agents takes btw 5 - 10 working days, bearing in mind that we are in the middle of the peak period, it could take a bit longer before visa's are issue. Therefore you have no cause for alarm.

Please where did you get that from? Can you name any of those agencies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2010
@ ateteh; I'm a lady nd going to study financial forecasting and investment. My passport isn't ready yet.

I doubt if d agent thing determines how long they process d visa cos I went thru BCIE nd dey even gave me a letter but it was exactly 10 working days on Friday and no SMS yet. Hopefully dis week'I should get their message.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2010
justwise:

Please where did you get that from? Can you name any of those agencies?

Justwise, there is a process called STUDENT SELECT SCHEME, whereby student applications from recognised agencies are fast tracked. The 2 that I know are BCIE (British Canada International Education) and PFL (Preparation for Life)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.