Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,308 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313947 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2010
likeithot:

@ ateteh; I'm a lady nd going to study financial forecasting and investment. My passport isn't ready yet.

I doubt if d agent thing determines how long they process d visa cos I went thru BCIE nd dey even gave me a letter but it was exactly 10 working days on Friday and no SMS yet. Hopefully dis week'I should get their message.

Hi, am also a BCIE student, I frequent their office at V.I. So which school are u going to? The recommendation stuff does work as your application will be processed in Lagos instead of Abuja where student visas' are normally treated. That is why some students that apply in Lagos are given black dockets, while others are given red. The black ones are treated in Lagos, while the red ones are treated at Abuja. Its just the summer rush that is making the whole process take sometime, I know of a cousin that got her student visa after just two working days last year. Let me just add that going through an agency is not a guarantee of getting a visa, although most students do get their visa's.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2010
Femtopsy:

Justwise, there is a process called STUDENT SELECT SCHEME, whereby student applications from recognised agencies are fast tracked. The 2 that I know are BCIE (British Canada International Education) and PFL (Preparation for Life)

Ok, i never knew about that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2010
@ femtopsy: I used d ikeja office. I was also given a black docket. I guess its cos of d rush dats y its late. Hope it will be ready this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2010
I recently discovered that the hardest thing in life ( If you're a U.K prospective student) Is waiting to hear something from the embassy. We are five in our family. I'm actuall ;Dy the 'main guy' that everyone wants to see off. They've all got their visas. I'm the only one waiting for my would- be successful application.
@ Femtopsy., Thanks for the heart calming reply. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2010
Cori-Corde, That's true but the period of hybernation will soon be over. Just wait patiently with faith.
It is well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2010
Cori_corde:

I recently discovered that the hardest thing in life ( If you're a U.K prospective student) Is waiting to hear something from the embassy. We are five in our family. I'm actuall ;Dy the 'main guy' that everyone wants to see off. They've all got their visas. I'm the only one waiting for my would- be successful application.
@ Femtopsy., Thanks for the heart calming reply. grin

You are welcome. I just want people hear to learn from me as I was refused entry clearance for a little mistake I knew nothing about, something the embassy could find out if they wanted too. I had to reapply again and am also waiting for a decision, so I do know what the waiting period is like. So am wishing myself and everyone waiting for their decisions the best. By the way, which school are you going to in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by UNLEASHED(m): 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2010
@ Femtopsy

I'll like to chat with you, of course if you don't mind
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2010
UNLEASHED:

@ Femtopsy

I'll like to chat with you, of course if you don't mind

Offcouse I dont mind, you can send a mail to me. My email address is femtopsy@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2010
@ Femtopsy, I'm hoping to do my Foundation Programme at the University of Glamorgan in wales then move to Liverpool for my main course in Civil Engineering. So, what are you doing on your application, have u re- applied or what?? + If I tell you I just clocked 16 last month would you believe? ( + remember I'm a boy just using my sister's account). Thanks again. cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by eyesofgold(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2010
Greetings to all out here, esp justwise and femtopsy, you all are great. I have been following this thread ever since i made up my mind to do my masters programme in the uk.  I got my cas letter last week, and i have got money in my account for close to 30 days, so i am going to apply for my study visa tomorrow. I hope to join Birmingham City University for Maters in Health Promotion and Public Health.  I want you all to wish me well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 7:06am On Aug 23, 2010
eyesofgold:

Greetings to all out here, esp justwise and femtopsy, you all are great. I have been following this thread ever since i made up my mind to do my masters programme in the uk.  I got my cas letter last week, and i have got money in my account for close to 30 days, so i am going to apply for my study visa tomorrow. I hope to join Birmingham City University for Maters in Health Promotion and Public Health.  I want you all to wish me well.

Check your application one final time so you make sure you cross all the T's and dot all the I's. As per you bank statement, you said it is 30days now, please ensure that there is a closing balance date on the account that will prove that indeed the money has stayed in the account for 28 days, this is usually done by transacting after the 28 days, you can just pay N50 into the account. I'm saying this because despite the fact that my money had stayed in my account for 40 days, I was refused entry clearance cos the ECO said there no closing balance date, and the guidelines does not state that the date the statement is printed should be used as the closing balance date. On a final note, I wish you the best of luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2010
Cori_corde:

@ Femtopsy, I'm hoping to do my Foundation Programme at the University of Glamorgan in wales then move to Liverpool for my main course in Civil Engineering. So, what are you doing on your application, have u re- applied or what?? + If I tell you I just clocked 16 last month would you believe? ( + remember I'm a boy just using my sister's account). Thanks again. cheesy

I reapplied last monday so hopefully I should get my visa this week because my application is being treated here in Lagos, as I applied through BCIE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by eyesofgold(m): 7:18am On Aug 23, 2010
Thanks femtopsy, always new you guys will have something for me, i have done that. So i go today. Thanks once more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2010
I submitted mine last week Tuesday through PFL & I'm also hoping I'll get a text message either tomorrow or next (In Jesus' name).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2010
I mean the previous week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 10:03am On Aug 23, 2010
Cori_corde:

I submitted mine last week Tuesday through PFL & I'm also hoping I'll get a text message either tomorrow or next (In Jesus' name).

It may take a bit more time, but dont worry, everything is going to be OK. The most important thing is having your visa before the beginning of your course. We will all get our visa's in the Mighty name of Jesus, Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2010
Check your application one final time so you make sure you cross all the T's and dot all the I's. As per you bank statement, you said it is 30days now, please ensure that there is a closing balance date on the account that will prove that indeed the money has stayed in the account for 28 days, this is usually done by transacting after the 28 days, you can just pay N50 into the account. I'm saying this because despite the fact that my money had stayed in my account for 40 days, I was refused entry clearance cos the ECO said there no closing balance date, and the guidelines does not state that the date the statement is printed should be used as the closing balance date. On a final note, I wish you the best of luck!

Hey Femtopsy, i'd like to get answer from your quote thoroughly for explanation. When u have say 5million in your account transfered in one day. And then, you add some money to that say about 50 grand, making it 5 million fifty grand, this transaction occurred within the 28days. If however you decide that, you want to withdraw 1million on the 28th day, knowing you have excess funds and your balance has not gone below the required amount. Then on the 29th day you print the statement and apply without a further transaction. Can the transaction on the 28th day be regarded as the closing balnce? This is because you just said the transaction for the cosing balance could be done after the 28 days. Or what do you make of this?
Holla. This is just directed for better understanding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by persist: 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2010
After 12 days of waiting I have been called to collect my visa. I am scared like shit not even electro-Quantum physics scares me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
humblemoi:

Hey Femtopsy, i'd like to get answer from your quote thoroughly for explanation. When u have say 5million in your account transfered in one day. And then, you add some money to that say about 50 grand, making it 5 million fifty grand, this transaction occurred within the 28days. If however you decide that, you want to withdraw 1million on the 28th day, knowing you have excess funds and your balance has not gone below the required amount. Then on the 29th day you print the statement and apply without a further transaction. Can the transaction on the 28th day be regarded as the closing balnce? This is because you just said the transaction for the cosing balance could be done after the 28 days. Or what do you make of this?
Holla. This is just directed for better understanding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
persist:

After 12 days of waiting I have been called to collect my visa. I am scared like poo not even electro-Quantum physics scares me

lol, best best of SUCCESS, I can hear your heart beating, maybe na mine self, =))
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
somebody who got his/her visa under tier 4 should kindly clarrify us on this closing balance thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by wazobia2: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
I think what Femtopsy is trying to say is this,

Certain banks, like GTBank, do not have the statement showing the closing balance on the date the statement is printed. I know this because have printed statements from them on occasion. What they do is show the last transaction on that account at the bottom (be it COT, interest, etc), and of course at the top, they show the date it was printed.

To illustrate, say at on the 1st July I have N4m in my account, and the money sits in my account for 28 days, untouched, as the only transaction. I go to the bank and print out a statement on the 29th, which shows, at the top, the day the statement was printed (29th) but because there has been absolutely no transaction on the account, the only line on the body of the statement shows "July 1st 2010 , 4'000'000.00. Femtopsy says (at least what i understand) is that the ECO will refuse me on the basis that the closing balance on the 29th July was not explicitly stated in the statement.

My advice to anyone in this situation, where the final transaction on your account is not done after the 28 day period, is to make a small transaction just before you print out the statement. Or you can print out the statement twice, as the second print out will reflect the first as a transaction (N300.00 or so).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Chaoga: 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2010
Please come to my aid, I'm an aspirant, I've always wanted to study abroad but i'm short of fund and no one to help, now I've been able to save up some cash, I've been exchanging emails with a college (Excel College) in Manchester and they said they'll request for TOEFL before admission, that got me confused since it wasn't a UNI, I have a friend there who told me he didn't write TOEFL before admission into the same college, and when I asked the school, they said it's the new trend, not only them but all colleges in UK and it started this month,
I've  never written TOEFL neither do I know when and how it will be conducted, how are the questions set? please help me out.

God bless you all!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2010
Hey all, after waiting for 10 working days, got a text to come for ma passport and to God be the glory, I got my entry clearance today, Thanks to all dat contributed on dis thread. Good luck to those still waiting. Mwah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2010
likeithot:

Hey all, after waiting for 10 working days, got a text to come for ma passport and to God be the glory, I got my entry clearance today, Thanks to all dat contributed on dis thread. Good luck to those still waiting. Mwah.

Thank God for divine breakthrough, am happy 4u. I trust in God for mine too!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
@likieithot, a big congratulation 2 u , i am really happy 4 u , so tell me how are u feelin rite now, i meann d relief u xperience anyway hope to meet u at d top very soon 4 mine will be as from next wk by Gods grace,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by likeithot(f): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
I feel relieved right now cos at some point I got frustrated before submitting cos of all d rules and conditions I has to follow.

Thank God I went through an agent. I may not have known the little things that made a difference.

Please after keeping money in your account, make sure u show a transaction before printing the statement. U can ask them to debit ur account for the statement and let it reflect in ur statement before they print it, that's If u have more than the amount u need so d debit can be accomodated.

I submitted my original transcript, birth certificate, attestation letter from my uni and a statement of purpose alongside my application. Including d statement of account and a letter from my dad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2010
chaoga TOEFL has many test centre in nigeria, i dont know where u reside rigth now to know which centre is close to you. it has paper base or internet base. paper base means u answer all question on paper while internet base is done on-line. most institution prefer internet base. u will be tested on reading ie comprehension, listening ie u listen to short lecture and u are ask question base on the lecture,speaking ie you read a brief passage and listen to discussion base on the cmprehension and u are ask question and u answer orally through head gear and finnally writing which u write an essay. u get ur result in 14 days. u can write the september 11 test.u dont need to read much because is a reasoning test and not an acedemic test.u only need to get urself acqiunted to listening and understanding queens english ie whitety.

if u have any other quiry u can ask
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
less i forget likeithot congratulation thank for u info ,
wazobia2 many thanks to ur info too, it will help me in november when i will print my statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2010
Congratulations likeithot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2010
by 2mrrw, it will be DAY 10 for my application, hmnnn, Temperature is rising oooooo, I need cold water smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Chaoga: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ biloxy
Thanks a lot, once I pass, am i qualified for admission in International institutions that request for the TOEFL test? Is it useful in the nearest future if not now? God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.