Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312942 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
Real112:

@justwise

Do u mind me adding you on my msger? I have some things to ask you. Thank you

Sure i don't mind
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2010
@justwise

Thank you so much. I have been trying to add you to my msger list but its not letting me, i think the server is not too good here. Here is my email addy: realvehicles@yahoo.com, kindly add me to your msger. I am online now. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2010
justwise:

You can book one way ticket, some pple book for a year return. You can still change your ticket though u will be charged administrative fee.
10Q U
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2010
by 2mrrw it will be th 13th working day 4 my application , hmnnnn, it ain't easy to be pregnant ooooo, 9months and am already complaining for 13 working days. to even sleep well na war, God grant us all peace in our hearts, as we all await a POSITIVE response from BHC. Amen!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by runsman003: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
@scooby, Mine is even 18days now, since August 3rd!!! LOL

Am still strong and Hoping for the best! In JESUS NAME (AMEN)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2010
runsman003:

@scooby, Mine is even 18days now, since August 3rd!!! LOL

Am still strong and Hoping for the best! In JESUS NAME (AMEN)
Dat's the spirit man, am eagerly waiting to hear the good news from you. I know they will call u up soon most likely 2moro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lekepee: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2010
Pls does anyone know if applying through an agent makes a difference in the no of days it takes for the application result to come out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2010
lekepee:

Pls does anyone know if applying

Applying through an educational agent registered with the british council takes 5 - 10 working days, while the normally application takes 10 - 15 working days, during normal period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by datruguy: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2010
Men am so tired of waiting. Today is the 15th working day and yet no show.

I didn't pay for the text msg notification but for duz that have gotten their visas, pluz when you got the text n checked online, did it say returned to vfs or wat?

Hoping I'd get it soon enuff sha cuz this waitin period is killin oh!

Anyway we shall all rejoice @ last in Jesus name oh!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
datruguy:

Men am so tired of waiting. Today is the 15th working day and yet no show.

I didn't pay for the text msg notification but for duz that have gotten their visas, pluz when you got the text n checked online, did it say returned to vfs or wat?

Hoping I'd get it soon enuff sha cuz this waitin period is killin oh!

Anyway we shall all rejoice @ last in Jesus name oh!

I will advice u to check the your VAC on monday or Tue. Am very very sure it will be there. My sister got her entry clearance yesterday and she didnt pay for the SMS, yesterday was the 17th day for her application. am nt abt that tracking thing, its not working. normally, it should change wen ur application progresses along the process line: check this tread:

GUIDE LINES FOR TRACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Application forwarded to BHC means that VAC has forwarded your application to the British High Commission where your application will be considered by UKBA staff.

2. Application under process at British High Commission means that the BHC concerned with assessing your application has admitted your application in their work queue and is presently somewhere in the assessment cycle (waiting to be assigned to a caseworker, assigned to caseworker, being assessed by caseworker, under review by ECO, etc. etc.).

3. The next step, when a decision is reached, will be a message to the effect that "your application has been processed and returned to VFS" - which effectively means that a decision has been reached by BHC on your application and the application has been returned to the VAC (or is on its way there).

Decisions about the applications are not disclosed on VAC website / through SMS, and will become known to you only when you receive your documents back.

Hope this clarifies doubts regarding VAC's online status messages and their meanings.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2010
The online tracking thingy is just static, the same message everyday "Your Application has been forwarded to British High Commission" I dont think the tracking thing changes, any1 in house has something to say about this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by cobusburge: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
love the thread. if you linked this to paypal you would be rich. wink

a couple of question regarding my financial guarantees:

1) are you allowed to add 4 bank accounts to get to the total amount (as long as they are all in you are your parents name?)
2) can i use a sponsor as a stand-alone financial guarantee? if he is my professor is that fine? does he need to send proof of his finances?
3) if i haven't paid my tuition fee yet does it show on my CAS, do i need to have more money in my account then?

cobus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2010
cobusburge:

love the thread. if you linked this to paypal you would be rich. wink

a couple of question regarding my financial guarantees:

1) are you allowed to add 4 bank accounts to get to the total amount (as long as they are all in you are your parents name?)
2) can i use a sponsor as a stand-alone financial guarantee? if he is my professor is that fine? does he need to send proof of his finances?
3) if i haven't paid my tuition fee yet does it show on my CAS, do i need to have more money in my account then?

cobus

Cobus let me start by asking "are you above the age of 18?" Yes/No:

If yes, I will advice that you have maintenace + tuition yet to be paid in ur own account, however you can still back your application with a sponsor letter from ur parents.

Your CAS will show that u haven't paid, so also ur Unconditional Offer letter will show that too.

present ur birth cert. to show a relationship with ur parent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2010
Hey! Don't panic. When I went to collect my passport, I saw so many sealed boxes ( about 50) stacked in a corner. They were obviously containing the gray envelopes. I saw them opening two at a time then recording the information to send texts. So, all we that submitted two weeks ago shouldn't panic because they have already been processed. Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2010
Cori_corde:

Hey! Don't panic. When I went to collect my passport, I saw so many sealed boxes ( about 50) stacked in a corner. They were obviously containing the gray envelopes. I saw them opening two at a time then recording the information to send texts. So, all we that submitted two weeks ago shouldn't panic because they have already been processed. Cheers.

What a relief, did you see ma name? scobyy2007 written on any of the envelops, lol, just pulling ur legz. thanx for the tip of encouragement!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by datruguy: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2010
Thanks scobby

I think I'd call the ikeja VAC office tomoro to know if my applicatn has been returned.

I didn't know online trackin wasn't workin. Been like that since 6th when I applied.

I stay in abk n it won't make sense to travel down to Lag only to be told it's not there.

So do ya think I shld call them tomoro before headin down to Lag?

Thanks y'all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tjadeba(m): 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aks:

@ Justwise-- thank you, your contribution really helped me and put me in the right direction
@ tjadeba-- i can't forget your post on page 25 & 26 that changed my thought about the application
@ tylosgirl-- thanks for your post on page 26
@ all-- thank you, for those waiting for their VISA, i know we'll all get positive result

These are the documents my brother submitted: University certificate (no transcript), WAEC certificate, statement of account from GTB (deposited money on 5th July, printed it out on 2nd AUG) with a back up letter from the bank (he didn't credit nor debit the account b4 printing the statement), a copy of CAS statement & a strong personal statement.

easy does it bruv, thanks n am happy for u n ur brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2010
datruguy:

Thanks scobby

I think I'd call the ikeja VAC office tomoro to know if my applicatn has been returned.

I didn't know online trackin wasn't workin. Been like that since 6th when I applied.

I stay in abk n it won't make sense to travel down to Lag only to be told it's not there.

So do ya think I shld call them tomoro before headin down to Lag?

Thanks y'all

Please call them, My own advice is for you to wait till Tue. most peps are now getting it on the 17th working day, urs might not be the same. so please call b4 embarking on the journey to Lagos.

Best of LUCK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2010
@everybody thanks for your info.i have all my documents and am good to go.but i have some questions.(1)how much is the visa fee now?(2)which bhc office in lagos is the best to submit aplication?(3)about d personal statement letter is it important if yes what should be d content?(4)my course starts on d 7th of sep and i want to apply on the 1st of september.i hope no cause for alarm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2010
SAMMYTOPE:

@everybody thanks for your info.i have all my documents and am good to go.but i have some questions.(1)how much is the visa fee now?(2)which bhc office in lagos is the best to submit aplication?(3)about d personal statement letter is it important if yes what should be d content?(4)my course starts on d 7th of sep and i want to apply on the 1st of september.i hope no cause for alarm.

I read thru all the guidelines regarding tier 4 student (general) visa and i did not see any such thing as personal statement. It is in desperation and in a bid to do everything possible that people include irrelevant materials not requested for by the BHC. This just makes your application bulky. One of my friends went as far as including his resume, nysc discharge certificate, AISEC stuff etc, LOL. I think you should just provide exactly what the BHC requested for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 4:24am On Aug 27, 2010
visa fee 49750
Sms : 400
Bank charges: 500
Total: 50,650.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:46am On Aug 27, 2010
segbas:

visa fee 49750
Sms : 400
Bank charges: 500
Total: 50,650.
[/quote)

Plus the above quote hold extra cash. They can be funny!!!! Say like N5,000 extra. Just of any emergency expenditure!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 8:24am On Aug 27, 2010
FIXED DEPOSIT.

For those who have been inquiring whether a fixed deposit account can be used, YES it can.However, in addition to the fixed deposit certificate, you must produce a recently dated supporting letter from the bank that includes: Confirmation of sufficient funds to meet the maintenance criteria and that these funds have been maintained in the account covering a consecutive 28 day period ending no more than one month before the date of application lodgement, Student’s name or their parent’s/legal guardian’s name, Account number, Date of the letter , Bank/financial institution’s name and logo .
For more details see
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/marketing/tier4maintenanceguide

I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2010
tjadeba:

easy does it bruv, thanks n am happy for u n your brother
10Qs man, I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 9:20am On Aug 27, 2010
pls i need the full address of where to submit my application in lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by runsman003: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2010
God please help me. This is my 19th day!!!

Still Hopeful oooo, It is well in JESUS NAME (AMEN)!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2010
runsman003:

My PLs take a bold step this morning and visit the VAC. Dnt wait for any SMS. Atleast to satisfy ur enxiety
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2010
muami:

FIXED DEPOSIT.

For those who have been inquiring whether  a fixed deposit account can be used, YES it can.However, in addition to the fixed deposit certificate, you must produce a recently dated supporting letter from the bank that includes: Confirmation of sufficient funds to meet the maintenance criteria and that these funds have been maintained in the account covering a consecutive 28 day period ending no more than one month before the date of application lodgement, Student’s name or their parent’s/legal guardian’s name, Account number, Date of the letter , Bank/financial institution’s name and logo .
For more details see

I hope this helps.

@muami, nice one, i wish i saw the link before submission. my own state ment on the other hand is sort of a mix. it shows a debit in my savings which is the fixed deposit, and the deposit also matured back into the savings in 30 days, thereby increasing the money at the closing balnce. do you think they will add both up? the fd of 1,296,000 + savings of 730,000 for the same period?abi mine is a lost case? justwise and evry guru out there, do i stand a chance?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 11:12am On Aug 27, 2010
runsman003:

I'll advise you get in touch with them today if you don't hear from them till 12PM. I want to believe you paid for SMS notification at the point of submission. it's well bruv
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by runsman003: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2010
@scobyy2007 and AKS, Thank you and God Bless!

I sent them a mail yesterday and just received a reply stating;

"Dear Sir

Your application has been fully assessed and it will be returned to the application centre by Tuesday next week.

Thank you and regards"

Am hopeful, God help me!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 27, 2010
muami:

FIXED DEPOSIT.

For those who have been inquiring whether  a fixed deposit account can be used, YES it can.However, in addition to the fixed deposit certificate, you must produce a recently dated supporting letter from the bank that includes: Confirmation of sufficient funds to meet the maintenance criteria and that these funds have been maintained in the account covering a consecutive 28 day period ending no more than one month before the date of application lodgement, Student’s name or their parent’s/legal guardian’s name, Account number, Date of the letter , Bank/financial institution’s name and logo .
For more details see

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for this info. I wish i knew this before i applied. Please what does a fixed deposit certificate look like? I only provided a letter from my father's bank confirming that he holds a fixed deposit account with them, the amount in the account (which is far above the sum of my tuition fees and maintenance) and other relevant account info. Guys, please what do you think about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2010
runsman003:

@scobyy2007 and AKS, Thank you and God Bless!

I sent them a mail yesterday and just received a reply stating;

"Dear Sir

Your application has been fully assessed and it will be returned to the application centre by Tuesday next week.

Thank you and regards"

Am hopeful, God help me!!!

Dat's cool bro, I'm praying along with you, it shall be well

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.