Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,352 members, 7,888,121 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313294 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tboyjnr(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2010
@runsman, how did you email them,
I applied on the 5th and the wait is killing me, i have not been thinking about anything else,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2010
16, billings way, oregun, Lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2010
i want to submit an application on the 3rd of september using a statement of account that with a closing balance ending 09 august. would it be considered cos it says, the funds should be held for 28days ending no more than one month prior to the date of application

does anybody know if there is any difference applying through PFL,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2010
Femtopsy:

Check this!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2010
dayo1401:

i want to submit an application on the 3rd of september using a statement of account that with a closing balance ending 09 august.  would it  be considered cos it says, the funds should be held for 28days ending no more than one month prior to the date of application
it would be considered since it is not more than one month to the date of application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tboyjnr(m): 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2010
runsman003:

@scobyy2007 and AKS, Thank you and God Bless!

I sent them a mail yesterday and just received a reply stating;

"Dear Sir

Your application has been fully assessed and it will be returned to the application centre by Tuesday next week.

Thank you and regards"

Am hopeful, God help me!!!

@ runsman et al, did you email vfs of the high commission directly.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by runsman003: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2010
@Tkboy, i sent a mail to the abuja Visa section.

his is their e-mail, " abuja.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk"

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by runsman003: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2010
@Tboy, i sent a mail to the abuja Visa section.

here is their e-mail, " abuja.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk"

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2010
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,
I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR ADVISE,
BASICALLY, HERE IS MY STORY,
I HOLD AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM UNI OF SUNDERLAND,
TUITION FEE 9000 + SCHOLARSHIP, 1,500 ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)
TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE = 7,500POUNDS( AS SHOWN IN CAS)

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID, 3,000 POUNDSTUITON FEE, ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)
OUTSTANDING PAYMENT FOR TUITION 4,500 ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID FOR ACCOMODATION = 2,000 POUNDS ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)

SO BASICALLY, I AM EXPECTED TO SHOW THAT I HAVE 4,500 (OUTSTANDING TUITION FEE + 3,400 MAINTAINCE ( SINCE I HAVE PAID IN 2,000 FOR ACCOMODATION WHICH IS PART OF MAINTANINCE AS SHOWN IN CAS))

TOTAL TO BE SHOWN 7,900POUNDS
I HAVE HELD IN 2MILLION FOR 28DAYS, BALANCE CLOSING 09 AUGUST 2010 IN MY MOTHER ACCOUNT FIRST BANK ACCOUNT
ORIGINAL BIRTH CERT INCLUDED AND LETTER OF CONSENT FROM MY MOTHER
ALSO INCLUDED ARE ORIGINAL DEGREE TRANSCRIPT , REFERENCE LETTER FROM SCHOOL AS DOCUMENT USED TO OBATAIN CAS.

PLS ADVISE ME, AM I GOOD TO GO WITH THIS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tboyjnr(m): 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2010
Ah, Thanks Runsman,
Goodluck for Tuesday, hopefully its good news

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2010
dayo1401:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,
I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR ADVISE,
BASICALLY, HERE IS MY STORY,
I HOLD AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM UNI OF SUNDERLAND,
TUITION FEE 9000 + SCHOLARSHIP, 1,500 ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)
TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE = 7,500POUNDS( AS SHOWN IN CAS)

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID, 3,000 POUNDSTUITON FEE, ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)
OUTSTANDING PAYMENT FOR TUITION 4,500 ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID FOR ACCOMODATION = 2,000 POUNDS ( AS SHOWN IN CAS)

SO BASICALLY, I AM EXPECTED TO SHOW THAT I HAVE 4,500 (OUTSTANDING TUITION FEE + 3,400 MAINTAINCE ( SINCE I HAVE PAID IN 2,000 FOR ACCOMODATION WHICH IS PART OF MAINTANINCE AS SHOWN IN CAS))

TOTAL TO BE SHOWN 7,900POUNDS
I HAVE HELD IN 2MILLION FOR 28DAYS, BALANCE CLOSING 09 AUGUST 2010 IN MY MOTHER ACCOUNT FIRST BANK ACCOUNT
ORIGINAL BIRTH CERT INCLUDED AND LETTER OF CONSENT FROM MY MOTHER
ALSO INCLUDED ARE ORIGINAL DEGREE TRANSCRIPT , REFERENCE LETTER FROM SCHOOL AS DOCUMENT USED TO OBATAIN CAS.

PLS ADVISE ME, AM I GOOD TO GO WITH THIS

make sure that the exchange rate as at the date you are applying favours you, print the exchange rate for that day and include it in ur documents, http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ <---visit this site please, it recognised by the UKBA, BHC officer's.
for instance today the forex(foreign exchange) is 2million Naira => GBP8,378.46 it favour for today ni ooooooo so watchout. Goodluck as u apply. we nairalanders are here to assist and pray for ur success, It is well In Jesus Name(Amen)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2010
@Runsman It is settled in Jesus Name. All I see is an Entry Clearance given to you on Tue by God's Grace.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2010
scoby2007 una no wan answer my question abeg now, look at it in the quote:
umo77:

[b]i wish i saw the link before submission. my own state ment on the other hand is sort of a mix. it shows a debit in my savings which is the fixed deposit, and the deposit also matured back into the savings in 30 days, thereby increasing the money at the closing balnce. do you think they will add both up? the fd of 1,296,000 + savings of 730,000 for the same period?abi mine is a lost case? justwise and evry guru out there, do i stand a chance?[/b]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2010
umo77:

scoby2007 una no wan answer my question abeg now, look at it in the quote:

Sincerely Umo77 I don't know much about this fixed deposit stuffs, I don't want to mislead you. thats y am mute over ur quote, I hope some of our genius in the house will have a fix for your quote. Please accept my apology. I understand how you feel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2010
umo77:

@muami, nice one, i wish i saw the link before submission. my own state ment on the other hand is sort of a mix. it shows a debit in my savings which is the fixed deposit, and the deposit also matured back into the savings in 30 days, thereby increasing the money at the closing balnce. do you think they will add both up? the fd of 1,296,000 + savings of 730,000 for the same period?abi mine is a lost case? justwise and evry guru out there, do i stand a chance?

Please can u rephrase ur question cos i don't really understand ur it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2010
justwise:

Please can u rephrase your question cos i don't really understand your it.

hi justwise, it's like this: i had 3.5milion on the 20th of july. i sent about 1.5million to my husband's current acct to send to the school, and put about 1.3million in a fixed deposit, leaving a balance of 700,000 in my savings, on the next day(21st july). I printed my account balance on the 23rd of august, after my fd had matured back into my savings,therefore making my total balance about 2m+. On the statement it showed the fd time, and the maturity time. my question is really that did i need to still add a fd letter, and will the ECO be able to understand that 1.2 was held for 30 days, while 700,000 was held for the same amount of time in the account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2010
@ scobby2007, thanks for your advice,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2010
i intend to submit my visa application on monday, at oregun, ikeja vfs. i heard applying through a visa agent makes ur application faster,
can anybdy advise me on this and let me know any reputable one i can use
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dancewith: 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2010
Hi Justwise

Great work u are doing here. Thanks

On my brother's application, he is set to apply by Monday. Here are a few issues for your consideration and advice. His offer letter states his tuition is 10,000 pounds but has a 10% discount if he pays the entire fees upfront

He has now paid 9,000 pounds and has the required 7,200 in his a/c for the required time period

His CAS is showing he has paid 9,000 pounds out of the 10,000 leaving a balance of 1,000

Do you think this 1,000 will be an issue considering he is perfectly entitled to the 10% discount, which amounts to the same 1,000?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2010
umo77:

hi justwise, it's like this: i had 3.5milion on the 20th of july. i sent about 1.5million to my husband's current acct to send to the school, and put about 1.3million in a fixed deposit, leaving a balance of 700,000 in my savings, on the next day(21st july). I printed my account balance on the 23rd of august, after my fd had matured back into my savings,therefore making my total balance about 2m+. On the statement it showed the fd time, and the maturity time. my question is really that did i need to still add a fd letter, and will the ECO be able to understand that 1.2 was held for 30 days, while 700,000 was held for the same amount of time in the account?

My advice to you will be to get a cover letter from you bank that will introduce you and explain the situation that you are refering to. You too should take your time to explain the situation to the entry clearance officer in the space provided for additional information. There is no need to panic as the ECO are also human beings and they too do understand. They are only trying to make sure that people have means to survive when they get to their country and dont need to depend on their govt. I see everybody on this thread being issued their entry clearance. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2010
dayo1401:

i intend to submit my visa application on monday, at oregun, ikeja vfs. i heard applying through a visa agent makes your application faster,
thanks

My advice to you is to go and submitt. Haven gone this far with the whole process I do not think you require the sercives of an agent. You will be charged for the service and to me it is a waste considering the fact that its just a couple of days difference. But if you insist, I know of BCIE and I did apply through them because they represent some schools here and they did all the whole processing on my behalf. They have two offices in Lagos, one at V.I and the other at Ikeja. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2010
dancewith:

Hi Justwise

On my brother's application, he is set to apply by Monday. Here are a few issues for your consideration and advice. His offer letter states his tuition is 10,000 pounds but has a 10% discount if he pays the entire fees upfront

He has now paid 9,000 pounds and has the required 7,200 in his a/c for the required time period

His CAS is showing he has paid 9,000 pounds out of the 10,000 leaving a balance of 1,000

Do you think this 1,000 will be an issue considering he is perfectly entitled to the 10% discount, which amounts to the same 1,000?

I will advice you add that GBP1,000 to the maintenance to be on the safer side, it will add up to GBP8,200. this is very very safe. after you add the GBP 1,000 to ur maintenance wait for the 28days to mature!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2010
dancewith:

Hi Justwise

I had a challenge similar to this, my tuition fee was 9,000. There was a clause on my CAS which stated 'pls note that a discount of 500 will be applied if the fees are paid in full on enrolment'
Because of this clause the regional manager of the agency I used refused to sign my recommendation letter saying that I was taking a risk because of the grammer, and that it was a 50/50 situation because I paid 8500. I was in a bad mood because I had been refused an entry clearance 2 weeks prior to that time, and what she was saying was not mentioned in the refusal notice. Then I was refused because of closing balance date. To cut the long story short, my sch rep had to call the sch, and they confirmed that in the CAS database they stated that I had paid 9000, while the one that was sent to me was showing 8500. The woman insisted on seeing the footnote which was immediately sent to her, and she signed the letter after she had confirmed with her own eyes. Offcourse I had to edit my form, the part where they ask you if you are benefitting from a scholarship etc. I was also asked not to submitt the CAS letter because of the difference. At the end I only filled my CAS number.
I will advice you to find out from his school. Fill the section on the form that you are enjoying a discount of 1000. Highlight the clause in your brothers CAS letter. Most importantly explain it in the space provided for additional information that you enjoy a discount of 10%.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2010
scobyy2007:

I will advice you add that GBP1,000 to the maintenance to be on the safer side, it will add up to GBP8,200. this is very very safe. after you add the GBP 1,000 to your maintenance wait for the 28days to mature!!!!
That is the best option you have to be on the safe side
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dancewith: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2010
Femtopsy:

That is the best option you have to be on the safe side

Thanks guys for your advice!!

I am of the impression since he does not have to pay this 1,000 pounds again in the UK, why must he show evidence for it? By the school's own admission, 10% has been waived for him as he has paid upfront, so why does he now have to show this amount?

Is this their usual practice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2010
dancewith:

Thanks guys for your advice!!

I am of the impression since he does not have to pay this 1,000 pounds again in the UK, why must he show evidence for it? By the school's own admission, 10% has been waived for him as he has paid upfront, so why does he now have to show this amount?

Is this their usual practice?

1 last option, Present an official receipt of payment. request for or present an official letter indicating that you will be awarded a scholarship of 10% at payment of the full tuition. then u will nt submit the cas print out. just write the reference number in ur application.

then to claim your 10points===> Official Payemnt Receipt + Official Letter confirming a scholarship of 10% (dnt submit the CAS printout
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2010
dancewith:

Hi Justwise
On my brother's application, he is set to apply by Monday. Here are a few issues for your consideration and advice. His offer letter states his tuition is 10,000 pounds but has a 10% discount if he pays the entire fees upfrontHe has now paid 9,000 pounds and has the required 7,200 in his a/c for the required time periodHis CAS is showing he has paid 9,000 pounds out of the 10,000 leaving a balance of 1,000Do you think this 1,000 will be an issue considering he is perfectly entitled to the 10% discount, which amounts to the same 1,000?
Your brother enjoyed the 10% discount cos he paid the whole fee in full. He has nothing to worry about.
The CAS letter the school send to the embassy should mention that BUT tell ur brother to use the space provided in the application for more info to remind the BHC that he was given 10% cos he paid his fees in full.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2010
umo77:

Femtopsy made a good point in his reply, get a letter from ur bank that will explain that to the BHC, that is better than leaving them guessing what is what.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2010
dayo1401:

i intend to submit my visa application on monday, at oregun, ikeja vfs. i heard applying through a visa agent makes your application faster,
thanks

Absolutely not true, the opposite maybe the case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by girlloom(f): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am a bit confused, my dad wants to give me two different statement of accounts from different banks that both shows money was in both accts for

28days. The issue here is that if i decide to take only 1 of any of the statement of accounts, the money in it would not be enough but when they are

paired its more than enough. Please is it possible for me to use two accounts, ? The visa gurus in the house, i urgently need ur response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2010
girlloom:

Hi Guys,

I am a bit confused, my dad wants to give me two different statement of accounts from different banks that both shows money was in both accts for
28days. The issue here is that if i decide to take only 1 of any of the statement of accounts, the money in it would not be enough but when they are
paired its more than enough. Please is it possible for me to use two accounts, ? The visa gurus in the house, i urgently need your response

Nothing wrong in using both bank accounts but remember to attach ur birth certificate and sponsor's letter from your dady to ur visa application package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by girlloom(f): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2010
Thanks alot justwise!

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.