Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,793 members, 7,935,387 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:35 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (254321 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Chuckdee(m): 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
Thank you George_D
smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
jayron:

@ George_ D

Am a bit confused, beside my office an installer was trying to nail NILESAT for the past two weeks . I move closer to gain from him,from what i saw they could not nail a single bird.

I contacted a friend who came and nailed it. The quality attained was just 48-50% danggling. The dish itself is 4. something metres, and when we tracked NSS7 on it was 97%. Although it was used for analog signal by the military. Am confused, i dont know what next to do.

I need expert advise

just to add to what adeexy said earlier, there's a formula used in calculating the focal point of fibre dish which i cant recollect now, i think butoneday and geroge_d can come to rescue you on that. if that still cant solve the problem, i think the dish needs to be refurbish, my 2.4m is even still performing more wonders than the dish in question.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2010
Olofofo, I hail you for ur good work 4 this thread o. Baba God go continue 2 bless u o. Pls I need info about showsport-their bouquet, subscription, content etc. Thanks in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
ART to quit pay-TV?

Middle East pay-TV operator Arab Radio & Television (ART) is mulling over whether to quit pay-TV in its Arabic heartland. Pay-TV operations internationally, to the US, Europe, Asia and Australia, would continue.

The problem is that since ART sold off its expensive sports rights to Al Jazeera’s sports division, ART’s subscriber numbers have shrunk. Sources suggests that “about” half of ART’s Mid-East subs have walked. ART sold its wide portfolio of sports programming for a reported $1.5bn in November last year. Since then ART has laid off staff at its Jordan Media City play-out HQ.

The options now being considered are for ART to exit pay-TV in the Middle East and focus on returning to its free-to-air roots. ART owns numerous Arabic movies and a huge catalogue of entertainment programming which would easily fill up a handful of channels – except that they would have to be advertising funded.

ART was founded back in 1993 by Sheikh Saleh Kamel. But Sheikh Salah, who is now semi-retired, had earlier played an important role at MBC, then a single London-based general entertainment channel.

Last summer two of ART’s rival Showtime Middle East and Orbit merged their operations.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
@enitan
@george
@microgiant
@dejsam
@all
Here is my experience 2day with ew3a. i took all d advice given by you guys into use &at around 3pm 2day,i finally got mbc at 53%,12728 tp at 67% wit tv miramar at 68%. i then skewed 2 try &finetune mbc.after skewing,i realisd wat george said about aving to change d V to H depending on d lnb skew cos mbc wit V pol. didnt come up again after skewing until i changd to H & came up wit that same 53.
but d latest twist in these 90cm w3a is dat i found out d 'bracing &clamping' of d pole were failing,thereby causing d dish 2 shake &ultimalely causing d signals 2 jump frm red-green-red.so i av decided 2 start afresh wit a new locatn 2 clamp &brace d dish strongly &then track again 2morow morning. finally,i would appreciate any new tips dat can assist me in getting a better mbc signal or cant d signal b higher dan 55 on a 90cm here in SATELITE TOWN,LG cos 3months ago,wit my 1.8m in berger lagos,i stil hit 65percent on mbc. thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ all,

pls,i think some of our discusions shud be at d backyard.
All those askin for OS subscription shud take note.

On w3a go-africa,
anytime frm 9pm it hits green on 11105v3800 on my 53x 90cm dish for w3a/sirius4. Presently @ 50% & not crackin.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 4:49am On Mar 18, 2010
Pofolo, Olofofo. Anybody with useful info on how I can get it should Pls contact me. My no 08053462659
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 5:32am On Mar 18, 2010
ALL

FOCAL LENGTH OF A DISH IS CALCULATED AS FOLLOWS :

DxD/16xC D = DIAMETER OF THE DISH

C = DEPTH OF THE DISH

eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 6:13am On Mar 18, 2010
@ Butoneday, bros you too much ! Thanks for responding to me yesterday.
@ George , thanks for the given me a new perspective. By the way i notice that the signal strength of that new tp on w2a now has a 10% increase since yesterday night.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 7:53am On Mar 18, 2010
hellow people,who has this title please respond before I find you out Otaru Of Auchi "Warlord of Etsakor Land.but sha you too much,I see you for yunder,so that stuff is on the way,congrats in advance
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2010
@ george pls post d front view of ur dish,i wt to see hw u cont d 3 lnb to d tripod
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2010
@ george pls post d front view of ur dish,i wt to see hw u cont d 3 lnb to d tripod also y d pt dat thing dat lok lk foil on d c band lnb
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2010
@Jayron

Here is my email address:badaru1@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:14am On Mar 18, 2010
live on Class W*3*A
F*ul*ham     v J*uv*en*tus (18-March)
A*rsen*al      v      W*est H*am (20-March) also check the Royals C*R*T*V
M*a*n U*t*d   v      L*iver*pool  (21-March) also check the Royals C*R*T*V

Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 11:29am On Mar 18, 2010
segunfms:

@Ameboperoo

i dont no the price for the card, you can ask olofofo.

@ Ameboperoo,
Call me, for subject is avail here.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:48am On Mar 18, 2010
sayso:

George sorry it was the site error,they have corrected it,it was dishpointer and the bird is Astra 2A.my curriosity got the other side of me.

sayso:

George I don't know for the info,just pict it from dishpointer and am as suprise as you are,the bird is Astra 2B.

@sayso,
Which bird exactly is it? 2A or 2B?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2010
@jayron,
Which type of dish is the 4m? Is it pan or fibre? And what type of lnb did they use?

@borderline,
Your mbc signals can be higer than that 53%. Check your dish alignment and if possible change your lnb. Have you tried premium 2 before? You can't beat that lnb for sharpness on 90cm.

@Kcben,
Maybe those guys have also worked on the new signals to match up to the other two on w2a.
Keep enjoying! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Farwee(m): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2010
@ all, i am grateful 2u 4 all ur contribution in dis great forum, i was able 2 nail sirius4 just yester9t tru what i read in dis forum, thanks 2u all d GURUs. but my capetown is nt showing with 4663x @ 69%, pls help also which of d channels shows
premiership. PLS HELP @ ALL
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2010
@olason,
Check my post on page 113 for the other tps of w2a:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-331817.3584.html#msg5694406

If you are tracking with new 4669x, just blind scan to bring out the channels
after getting the global feed tp but if your looping out to daarbox follow the
instructions as contained in my post.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2010
sayso:

hellow people,who has this title please respond before I find you out Otaru Of Auchi "Warlord of Etsakor Land.but sha you too much,I see you for yunder,so that stuff is on the way,congrats in advance

@sayso,
Thanks. Na God ooooo! We go drink very soon! wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2010
@George-d

@microgaint

to all>
thanks for the recommendation you gave me 2 read season 1&2. i read all season one and two i add more to my knowledge, please i have some question to ask which i beg you to answers me.

1) after reading all , i tried to nail w3a and sirius together but i was only able to nail sirius but w3a didnt come up why?

2)i tried to nail astra 2b which but it didnt even show red talk less becoming green ,pls why? which point should i start from.

3) i also read that it is possible to use two lnb for nss7 and intel 907,is it true?

4) can i nail w6 with 90cm

5)what other satellite can i nail with 1m ?

6} less i foregt ,i also read that someone can nail w4 and arasat 2b tother is that infor true?

please all gurus i need your qiuck response

God bless you

long live free to air
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2010
George_D:

@sayso,
Thanks. Na God ooooo! We go drink very soon!  wink
sayso:

It got to be Otaru of Auchi and its environs, and of course Warlord of Etsakor Land and its environs. While at it, we should also give him the Ogbonge of FTA, and that should also go with the coronation.  Congrats oooooooo. Oye amori oooooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2010
@twinstaiye ,the guy too much.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2010
@microgiant, i don't think mbc will show arsenal/westham. I heard they have big four right i.e man u/liverpool. I will nt absolutely disproved ur point provided its from reliable source.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2010
@  George and all,

What am I doing wrong.   I tried to manually input this freq 3865r, 13333sr into my 53x  but it kept showing  invalid  frequency.

George is there something else I need to do before this frequncy can be accepted or  will it be OK to do dat in my daarbox b4  following the instructions u gave on how to  get the MPEG 4 signals.

Also my C band LNB, I inserted the Di-electric in Horizontally into the throat. Thought it did not not touch the pins in the LNB with white plastic covering. Hope this does not prevent it from working because when inserted in potrait form the D-electric does not touch both edge of the throat.

Also, is the masking tape really needed as I don't what it is going to be used for.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 2:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
Congratulations to George-the man with 'WEAPON OF PAY-TVs DESTRUCTION'-5m dish .
Chineke meeeeeeeee ! !! !!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2010
Emeritus153:

@microgiant, i don't think mbc will show arsenal/westham. I heard they have big four right i.e man u/liverpool. I will nt absolutely disproved your point provided its from reliable source.

don't bet on you intuition, to know matches they will show during live match just watchout for matches advertised with time although it's in french but the names are still the same including the time, except for the days which are in french i.e. samedi, demache.

I can comfortably tell you that those matches will air live
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2010
@microgiant

Will C.R.T.V show Man U vs Liverpool Live?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2010
George d, tanx . it's al good
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by hooged: 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2010
Yeah, at all kudos to u,im a newbie in dis Fta but dis is my second or 3rd post here, my questn goes thus, i dont recognise the term use in detecting dish size, if i may ask DSTV dish is how many metre, My TV dish is how many metre, i think dats the two dish' i can afford to buy now? And can i get CRTV with strong x4663 and DSTV dish? Thank in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by hooged: 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
Yeah, at all kudos to u,im a newbie in dis Fta but dis is my second or 3rd post here, my questn goes thus, i dont recognise the term use in detecting dish size, if i may ask DSTV dish is how many metre, My TV dish is how many metre, i think dats the two dish' i can afford to buy now? And can i get CRTV with strong x4663 and DSTV dish? Thank in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2010
@hooged

Yes, you can get CRTV with dstv dish and the size of the dish is 90cm for dstv and 60cm or 90cm for mytv.

@all

MBC 3 will show Man U vs Liverpool Live on sunday 2:30pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.