Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,141 members, 7,887,305 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:20 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251856 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:19am On Mar 17, 2010
@pitodenz,
AIT is back on motorised and better! Same frequency 3813r, 2480sr hitting 82% quality yesternight on my 4663X!

My findings: SUPERMAX extended C-band beats strong C band lnb anyday, anytime. I doubt even if they come out with K9 lnb, strong cannot match the power of supermax. On K6 I was recieving CNN up to 56% quality, but on supermax it jumped to 70-75%. NTA was nowhere to be found on K6 but with supermax, it bounced back with 54% quality! Also, TBN, smile, JCTV were red on K6 but with supermax, they are hitting 57% quality!

Also, for all its shortcomings, seems like daarbox is more sensitive to signals than strong decoders. On my strong 4663x, NTA is 54% but on daarsat kaon decoder it is hitting 82% quality! Can you believe that?!  smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 10:23am On Mar 17, 2010
Thanks George,

I just wanted to be very sure  so as not to waste my time during tracking.

And on  the Di-electric for the c-band LNB,  how do I place it in the throat  or should I just throw it inside.  This is my first time of dealing with a C-band LNB.

Thanks again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:47am On Mar 17, 2010
@obijack,
You just don't throw the di-electric inside! haba!

Open the blue lnb cover and you will see two grooves opposite each other inside the throat. That is where you will slide in the glass. First of all, look properly and you will see a black masking tape with the glass. Carefully peel off the tape and cut it in two. Test to see if the glass slips inside the groove with too much friction. If it is too tight find a rough edge and shave off some of the sides of the glass untill it slips in not too tight and not too free. Use the masking tape to hold it at opposite sides where it slips into the groove. Push it all the way in and ensure it doesn't fall out when the lnb is placed upside down. Replace the plastic cap and your done.

Will post pictures soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2010
@ George_ D, i dey hail oh.
I hope you are enjoying the more added station on w2a ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2010
@Kcben,
Yes oooo! Thanks. Those guys are too much!

However, I noticed the new tp was cracking at 77% quality just like those first two tps
were doing when they were initially added. I hope they work on it to be stable more
like the rest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2010
George how your end?ph dey bubble small small.hw wafi?hope the news no reach yunder for airport road?bros hw do I receive a sat with elevation of -17?a particular bird is showing that in PH bt wafi is showing 68 on the same bird.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 11:55am On Mar 17, 2010
@George , i notice it too but was able to resolve it by doing a litte tweaking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
@kcben,
Roger that. I might have do some tweaking too at my end.

@sayso,
Please come again with that info. You mean the elevation of the bird is -17 degrees? What is the name of the bird? Is it east or west?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
@obijack,
Here are pictures of di-electric to help you-as promised:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2010
See how they are inserted into the lnb throat:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ George, i dey try call your glo line now, but not reachable, How we in do now?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
Funny. Look at this one: smiley

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2010
@kcben,
You can call now. The line is free.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
@george hw mch can i buy a supermas lmb and and pls send al d sat ur re getting cos i ve a mesh i want to motorise
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
@irapada,
You can buy a supermax lnb for N1,700 here but I think it's cheaper in lagos.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2010
George sorry it was the site error,they have corrected it,it was dishpointer and the bird is Astra 2A.my curriosity got the other side of me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
George d, this freq on w2a 3867 v 13322 at 64% quality is wat am getting. kindly post d parameters of d others 4 me 2 try out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
George I don't know for the info,just pict it from dishpointer and am as suprise as you are,the bird is Astra 2B.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
@george wit my 2.4m mesh dish how sat posi wil i get and can i use 2 lnb ie c and ku lnb as shwn in pic abv
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2010
@george,pofolo,all. Any latest news on d addition channel CRTV were planing on astra2b.
Tvm malagasy and go africa have been red 3 to 4wks since ave change to mpeg4 decoder? Help with these sirs.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
Pls which bird is showsport? Is it d same with nilesat.?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yemoxtra(m): 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ all keep up di gud work guyz, Crtv neva ready they said in 2wks time dats ending of march @alancruise last 2wks they run 1 t.p test adding lovewordsat but since den di t.p still dey red. Make dem add even if na 1 entertainment channel if they nor fit carry 45
How una see am well hope its mpeg 2(dvb) srt4653 compactable.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Ameboperoo

Yes Showtime is on the same sat with nilesat. but now they call it orbit-showtime.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ all

please i need information on the position and the tp for receiving astra 2b and the list of channels viewable with strong srt4653x
thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
@sholasong

open this website http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2b.html

you can only view crtv and Gtv with ur 4653x the other channel can be view with mpeg 4 decoder which is multitv channels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Segunfms. Thanks a lot. Pls how can I get the subscription card and for how much?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Ameboperoo

i dont no the price for the card, you can ask olofofo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ Badaru

How u dey, u've not been frequent here. I would like to have ur mail box, there are dicussions i would want to discuss with u back door.

Thank you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ George_ D

Am a bit confused, beside my office an installer was trying to nail NILESAT for the past two weeks . I move closer to gain from him,from what i saw they could not nail a single bird.

I contacted a friend who came and nailed it. The quality attained was just 48-50% danggling. The dish itself is 4. something metres, and when we tracked NSS7 on it was 97%. Although it was used for analog signal by the military. Am confused, i dont know what next to do.

I need expert advise
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Badaru

Going through ur post, i read that u nailed HOTBIRD with 2.4 pan dish. Oga i hail u, what does it take me to track that.

Please kinly welcome my request.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 5:09pm On Mar 17, 2010
jayron:

@ George_ D

Am a bit confused, beside my office an installer was trying to nail NILESAT for the past two weeks . I move closer to gain from him,from what i saw they could not nail a single bird.

I contacted a friend who came and nailed it. The quality attained was just 48-50% danggling. The dish itself is 4. something metres, and when we tracked NSS7 on it was 97%. Although it was used for analog signal by the military. Am confused, i dont know what next to do.

I need expert advise

@ Jayron

Adjust the 3 poles holding the lnb , its the focal length and u didn't say the type of lnb u used?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Iykemann,All

Thanks be to God for the love that existed in the FTA Forum I had a problem with my dish in Lagos  and immediately I called on this my fellow FTA Nairalander Iykemann who responded to my call when we have NOT even seen before we both worked it out It was really a time of fun and re union.

I appeal to others Fellow Members let us always come to immediate assistance any time in sharing ideas and in assistance when we are around

Once again, kudos to George and others and more to Iykemann !!!!!!!!!!!!!! May the bond of love continue to grow in and around us

Long live FTA

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.