Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:01 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251490 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by hooged: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
@segunfms thanks very much, bt i stil need ur help, im using dat strong decoder with 90mm dish for mytv and i want to change to FTA, which one should i go for CRTV OR MALAGARSY, i love movie and football, thanks again for dat ur quick response.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2010
@
George_D

Thank u for ur quick response. It is a fibre dish, i believe it was abandoned to years and it was used for Analog signal meaning it is a communication Fibre dish.

The depth of the dish is not as that of recent fibre dish.Just last week it was re foiled and repainted.

Supermax LNB is used onthe dish.

What could the fault be.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2010
@jayron,
If that dish was once used as a communication dish, then it must be very good.
Remove the supermax lnb and use a fuji lnb instead. Also, try and ask the original owners
for the focal lenght of the dish. If they can't give you, then calculate it yourself using this
formula:

f = ( D * D ) / ( 16 * c )

where D = The diameter of the dish (end to end)
c= the depth of the dish from the centre.

NOTE: To get the centre of the dish, tie two ropes across diagonally and notice the point at which
they meet. That is the centre. Then to get the depth, use a tape and measure from that point
where the ropes meet to the middle inside the dish.

Adjust the fuji lnb focal lenght using a tape to whatever you get as your result using the formula
above. You should hit more than 75% quality on MBC.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ Badaru1

Thank u for ur response
U can check ur mail box.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2010
IRAPADA:

@ george pls post d front view of your dish,i wt to see hw u cont d 3 lnb to d tripod

@IRAPADA,
Pictures were posted originally on page 79 of this thread. But since you asked, I have reproduced them
here once again for your benefit:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-331817.2496.html#msg5359077

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-331817.2496.html#msg5359091

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-331817.2496.html#msg5359099

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-331817.2496.html#msg5359106

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2010
irapada, more pix:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ George_D

I beleive the focal length is okay. Tracking NSS7 at 97% means its okay (is that not so)

As i told u the barrack is beside my office and am not the installer, i only had pitty on the guy because he won the contract with ZERO experience and all other installers ran after days of fruitless effort and soldiers kept on asking o'boy which day u go finish.

It was only my friend who hit green with 48-51% which is still not enough.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2010
George,

Please respond. what could be reponsible for 53x rejecting the global beam frequency for w2a
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
@jayron,
Ok. Tell the guy to change the lnb to fuji and do all the necessary adjustments. I'm sure he's problems
will be over.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:20pm On Mar 18, 2010
ikeduru:

Congratulations to George-the man with 'WEAPON OF PAY-TVs DESTRUCTION'-5m dish .
Chineke meeeeeeeee ! !! !!!

@ikeduru,
That compliment actually goes to BUTONEDAY the official KING OF SAT.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by owoseg: 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2010
gud afternoon all member's, pls can anyone help me with the picture on how to download echolink upgrading software and how to upgrade echolink itselt
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by hooged: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2010
@all, Pls i need response to my questn above.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
@george thank 4 d pics.I realy apprec ur ef4
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arsenal1(m): 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2010
obijack:

George,

Please respond. what could be reponsible for 53x rejecting the global beam frequency for w2a

@ obijack
change the lnb type from universal to single at the dish settings sub menu of your receiver
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arsenal1(m): 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ pito
we were able to hit green on the tp 12226, but it wasn't stable. we got badr and the orbit showtime network on eurobird1@25.5 but we finally settled for nilesat where showsport was 56% around 2pm.the lnb is premium2(quad)
@adewest
a **** opens the osn bouquet on 7'w but couldn't open the osn on 25.5E. what could be the problem
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2010
Thanks arsenal1
]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arsenal1(m): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
@pito
this is the pic of the dish. I have a feeling that with a little adjustment and tweaking the the tp 12226 will increase in quality

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2010
seunoluomo:

@George-d

@microgaint

to all>
thanks for the recommendation you gave me 2 read season 1&2. i read all season one and two i add more to my knowledge, please i have some question to ask which i beg you to answers me.

1) after reading all , i tried to nail w3a and sirius together but i was only able to nail sirius but w3a didnt come up why?

2)i tried to nail astra 2b which but it didnt even show red talk less becoming green ,pls why? which point should i start from.

3) i also read that it is possible to use two lnb for nss7 and intel 907,is it true?

4) can i nail w6 with 90cm

5)what other satellite can i nail with 1m ?

6} less i foregt ,i also read that someone can nail w4 and arasat 2b tother is that infor true?

please all gurus i need your qiuck response

God bless you

long live free to air

@seunoluomo,
Try what borderline did. Use MBC frequency (11192v, 3210sr), change the polarity from V to H and
re-track.

Astra 2B is a little bit after dstv position (W7). Use CRTV frequency ( 12599v, 3250sr).

To use one lanb for NSS7/c and 907/c is feasible but your dish has to be more than 1.8m

Yes, you can nail w6 with 90cm especially if your in lagos.

W4 is no more. Try W7. Also both are not the same. One is KU and the other is C band.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2010
@George-D thanks for the correction . In reference to your explanation on how to get the F/L of a dish . F=(D*D)/(16
*c) what does the star mean ? and what should the normal F/L measurement be please ? God bless you .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ikeduru,
The star * is multiplication sign. While / is divide by. The number 16 in the formula is given meaning it is fixed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
@all

all pending group activation has been done
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
@hooged

you can go for Mbc the same sat with malagazy. Mbc shows more football but crtv shows more movies and if you can get a 60cm dish for crtv that will be ok for you so that you can watch both mbc and crtv. for this weekend go for mbc.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2010
segunfms:

@hooged

you can go for Mbc the same sat with malagazy. Mbc shows more football but crtv shows more movies and if you can get a 60cm dish for crtv that will be ok for you so that you can watch both mbc and crtv. for this weekend go for mbc.

I wont be surprise if mbc wont show any match on that day, they have always been failing to do that now.

@ obnelly/olason,

i will like to know from your experience with 2.4m dish for nilesat if your al-jazeera sports +1 to +4 is green during the day reply ASAP
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by hooged: 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
@segunfms thanks so much.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2010
@all . i saw an advert yesterday that stated that mbc will air live the Arsenal game on sat and on sun LIVE Man u vs L'pool.together with the Uefa and Europa cup draws tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2010
arsenal1:

@ pito
we were able to hit green on the tp 12226, but it wasn't stable. we got badr and the orbit showtime network on eurobird1@25.5 but we finally settled for nilesat where showsport was 56% around 2pm.the lnb is premium2(quad)
@adewest
a **** opens the osn bouquet on 7'w but couldn't open the osn on 25.5E. what could be the problem

@arsenal1
The subject in question have no merge network they operate on different Id. CAID:0604 for 7 deg w, caid 0601 for both 7w and 25.5e just for your info ONLY.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2010
enitan2002:

I wont be surprise if mbc wont show any match on that day, they have always been failing to do that now.

@ obnelly/olason,

i will like to know from your experience with 2.4m dish for nilesat if your al-jazeera sports +1 to +4 is green during the day reply ASAP

@ Enitan,
Long time how your end, i really miss u ooo . i think within ur geo axis, jsc+ come green through out day but drop slightly towards 0100-0200am from my observation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
adewest:

@ Enitan,
Long time how your end, i really miss u ooo . i think within your geo axis, jsc+ come green through out day but drop slightly towards 0100-0200am from my observation.

No wahala, me sef miss you like t^t#, what do you think i should do to make sure i get my al-jazerra sports through out the day and night?
Can you also be of help in how to use my 4653x for online card sharing? I know say u go surely bail me out in that regard, expecting your feedback ASAP.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2010
jayron:

@ George_D

I beleive the focal length is okay. Tracking NSS7 at 97% means its okay (is that not so)

As i told u the barrack is beside my office and am not the installer, i only had pitty on the guy because he won the contract with ZERO experience and all other installers ran after days of fruitless effort and soldiers kept on asking o'boy which day u go finish.

It was only my friend who hit green with 48-51% which is still not enough.

@ jayron,

u must get 98% on nss 7 for ur confirmation of a good reception.anything less than that may not give u a good reception on a motorised set up.nss7 must be 98% which means 100% cos strong receiver will not wxceed 98%
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by foxteroh: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
Long live fta. Tracking nilesat bird using 2.4 mesh is troublesome , i dont know if anyone has been able to nail the bird. If so , how do i go about that.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by folo28(m): 8:15am On Mar 19, 2010
@All
I hail the house for the FTA spirit, good work.

enitan2002:

No wahala, me sef miss you like that, what do you think i should do to make sure i get my al-jazerra sports through out the day and night?
Can you also be of help in how to use my 4653x for online card sharing? I know say u go surely bail me out in that regard, expecting your feedback ASAP.
Enny,
Congrats on your setup O! sorry I couldn't make the installation date, but hope to be there during the Easter break, let me know when Badaru will come in make we jam for your end. My JS +1 to +4 are okay the others are proving difficult to get with the recent tweaking that I did.

@Adewest
I salute O!, I would like that Star Gold K & C combined for a motorized setup against when am ready for the installation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:43am On Mar 19, 2010
@ Dejsam

I really appreciate and value of response. The dish in Question is not motorised, i would have preffered to have a shot of the dish u know the protocol in barracks u can come in with camera.

I will soon mail u for some discussions sha, u know our last conversation was on predator size of the dish & Modem force me out.

Any how i go hola u sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.