Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:51 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (252700 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ all,
hello all pls how can i get a compass for tracking and if possible a spectrum analyzer, ( is it necessary?)
can i nail w2a with 1m dish?
i need the 2 in one LNBF too pls send me the detail and price

@ olofofo
pls can accept me in the google group? this is my gmail add sholasong@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4)
« #3520 on: Yesterday at 10:05:00 AM »

@pitodenz,
@badaru,
@BUTONEDAY,
@all,

I finally got round to tracking the naughty w2a mpeg4 signals (3927r & 3937r) yesterday using daarbox! Even though I had previously tracked the bird several weeks ago using the global mpeg2 beam (3865r) on my 46663X, when I input the above mpeg4 tps in daarbox nothing came out and I almost went ahead to collect the new STRONG 4669X until I made a last ditch effort yesterday morning.

What I did: I had earlier replaced my K6 lnb with SUPERMAX extended c-Band on Monday preparatory to yesterday's tracking. With the help of my satfinder software, I then copied the beam parameters for the MPEG4 signals and manually entered them on the daarbox transponder menu and gbam! Green jumped out! I was pleasantly surprised at the full signals (which have been there all along). I am hitting almost 85% quality on both tps after maximum tracking.

My findings: You can receive w2a with an offset c-band lnb on 2.4m here in the south-south. Also, daarbox works well with w2a but you to need to know how to manually adjust all the beam parameters for the signal to jump out.

@George D
please how does the satfinder software works and how can i get it, please help i need it badly.
thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
George_D:

@adewest,
That lnb looks promising but I remember in season 2 we discussed extensively on the disadvantages of using combined c/ku lnbs and concluded that they are not as effective as single. Are you now saying this is an improvement version or what? If yes, then I think I will like to try it on my motorised and see the difference.

The LNB belong to the brands of high gain prolific super LNB that has stand the trier of time. This is the world of high tech and as the world go round things changes dynamically  at a fast pace, so don't be left behind to those ancient story of our grand father.
    It is a easy to install type even my 10yrs old son can setup a nilesat in no time with it, in that proximity in determining where to  level the cutting associated with other ku lnb is count out.This mean the ku is of the primed focus type just like your normal FUJI lnb i.e no modification must be effected on the LNB after purchase. Also it is fitted with an inbuilt disecq. While tracking with other multiple band config takes more of your precious time to installed, this one takes a very short time for fact that both the ku and c band will fall at the prime orbital point (epicenter) of the dish thereby resulting in a very high signal gain on both band. For the tracking, just keep focuses only on the KU angle alignment the c-band will automatically line-up. How ever, additional c-band for either dial or non dial mode could as well be added if you are well informed.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
Adewest, shan 4d officer! how is ur moral? high I guess. kep d flag of fta flyin bros. over and out!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blacklion(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
Can some one pls assist me with my question? I'm new to all this FTA stuff so pls bear with me.

A friend in Dubai can get me the latest Strong HD decoder with recording function just like DSTV PVR. I want to know if it can work in Nigeria (Lagos). Here are the links to see what it looks like -
http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProdDetails.aspx?id=301
http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProdDetails.aspx?id=308

I know some models of Strong decoder are available at Alaba but my friend said these 2 above are the latest models and not yet available in naija.

Grateful for your asistance!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ Adewest

i can see you are online, are u the same Adewest the musician in ondo state?, that's bye the way, please i may need to learn a lot from you cause i am still a rookie when it comes to sat stuff, how can i get the lnbf and sat finding softwares?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 5:17am On Mar 13, 2010
enitan
great job on the Nile project.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 7:10am On Mar 13, 2010
Good stuff 4rm Ade west . I think that stuff of lnb is presently for proffessionals like you gurus; and apparently not for newbies like me . But 'am still learning 4rm you guys . Long live nairaland fta and its gurus .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by owoseg: 7:27am On Mar 13, 2010
@George_D
@Badaru

Though am new in the thread, have been installing few months now. Due to ur post and contributions of which i read ooverand over, i must salute u for weldone job.

I hope u will be of help wen ever i need u most.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 8:47am On Mar 13, 2010
blacklion:

Can some one pls assist me with my question? I'm new to all this FTA stuff so pls bear with me.

A friend in Dubai can get me the latest Strong HD decoder with recording function just like DSTV PVR. I want to know if it can work in Nigeria (Lagos). Here are the links to see what it looks like -
http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProdDetails.aspx?id=301
http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProdDetails.aspx?id=308

I know some models of Strong decoder are available at Alaba but my friend said these 2 above are the latest models and not yet available in naija.

Grateful for your asistance!

I will say go for the first one because of the added bonus that it can also do digital terrestrial television. Yes, both will work for satellite television when connected to a satellite dish aligned correctly.

obnelly:

its has come to a known fact now ,that the more we track nilesat signal the better and improvement in term of the signal received,

obnelly, sorry this is still wrong! You cannot increase the signal from a satellite by the fact that many dishes are pointed at it.

adewest:

The LNB belong to the brands of high gain prolific super LNB that has stand the trier of time. This is the world of high tech and as the world go round things changes dynamically  at a fast pace, so don't be left behind to those ancient story of our grand father. 

We talked about that combined C/Ku LNB in seasons 1 & 2 when it was still new. It might not have caught on yet in Nigeria because of non-availability, the price and the fact that people were getting good results with the conventional ways of doing things. Also, when the combined LNB first came out there was concern about its performance efficiency.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2010
It is now confirmed.
I can't track Nilesat from the present location of the dish.

A great member of this forum (Jayron) was at my place as early as 6am this morning  and on sighting the dish, knew that Nilesat was not possible from the present location,

However, he said  W2A is very possible from that location.

Thanks everyone for your concern.  I hope to relocate the dish soon but I have some convincing to do and some  things to trade for the space needed.

@Jayron,

Thanks a great deal for your brotherly love.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:30am On Mar 13, 2010
@ Obijack
You need not to thank me am FTA hobbiest, i did that for pleasure. Thank u for the warm reception, i was impressed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2010
my oga Enigma ,i mean to say the more people we have on those satellite the better,cos we can compare the signal strenght on our receivers for improvement for example if i am having 50% signal quality on my receiver ,and yours is like 64% i will improve on my signal quality at least to match that of yours which on my part its an improvement.Getting more dishes hooked up to a particular satellite doesnt increase the signal for real.

obijack ,is that dongoyaro tree the obstruction ,i still believe you can get the signal.Did you try to track or did you test the signal with compass or any equipment?How did you comfirm that nile is impossible.I believe in possibility .Is the building blocking your dish then why cant you increase the basement of your dish by putting concrete at least like 3-4 coaches of blocks and see if nile while not pump up.i still believe in possibilities.
if all you ever wanted is nile then remember what Henry Ford said,when his engineer told him its not possible,he said"JUST DO IT".
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by donald303: 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2010
@all
@oga george
on the issue of skewing of lnb.i found sth confusing.my neighbour's dstv lnb's f-connector is placd at 3'0clock when standing in front of d dish while another neighbour's hitv is skewed at 9'0clock while standing in front of d 60cm dish.so my question is this, since hitv and dstv are on d same bird,does different tps require different skewing on d same bird or is it dat skewing on ew4 doesn't av any effect? finally,wat will b my skewing of lnb for EW3A when standing in front of the dish? thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blacklion(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2010
@ Enigma,

Thank so much for replying question! I appreciate. Basically, I want an HD PVR that I can use for both FTA and DSTV as needed. When I'm ready for my set-up, I'll contact you guys for more info and advice.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2010
movimg your dish away from the building while make you get that signal ,obijack
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
@adewest,
I can see the combined lnb is a 17K noise ratio comparable with a supermax extended c-band lnb. I think it may work wonders as you have said.
With reference to season 2, I think one of our Ghanian members (Ecowas4all) once experimented with one of these combined lnbs in which he sweated in the sun uneccesarily for weeks without achieving any tangible result:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.512.html#msg3093555

This made us conclude then that using a combined c/ku lnb may not give the kind of performance expected by enthusiasts but since you have brought this up again, there is no harm in trial. I will definitely like to see the performance of the stargold lnb and if better than supermax, will replace it maza, maza! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2010
@donald303,
The lnb skew that you just saw for DSTV is correct, however that of hitv is wrong. Most of these installers just install blindly provided it works, they collect their money and walk away. The essence of skewing an lnb is to get the best signal quality possible that will withstand rain fade (KU) but these installers will only aim at getting signal for the best weather and once there is any shade in the sky, the pictures begin to freaze. They don't bother so long as they been paid.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2010
owoseg:

@George_D
@Badaru

Though am new in the thread, have been installing few months now. Due to your post and contributions of which i read ooverand over, i must salute u for weldone job.

I hope u will be of help wen ever i need u most.

@owoseg,
Your welcome anytime! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2010
George_D:

@owoseg,
Your welcome anytime! smiley

Ask anytime any day
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2010
obnelly:

my oga Enigma ,i mean to say the more people we have on those satellite the better,cos we can compare the signal strenght on our receivers for improvement for example if i am having 50% signal quality on my receiver ,and yours is like 64% i will improve on my signal quality at least to match that of yours which on my part its an improvement.Getting more dishes hooked up to a particular satellite doesnt increase the signal for real.

Ah, yes!!! I do indeed agree with that.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2010
@pitodenz,
@badaru,
My w2a signals are now hitting up to 95% on daarbox! As you said, truly they've really improved their transmission. However, I noticed most channels like discovery world, NTA, etc have 'test' attached to them. Meaning maybe the providers are still test transmitting. What will happen next after they have fully launched their services is anybody's guess. wink

BTW,
I had to delete that bad girl channel on Test A4 to protect the kids from being too worldly wise!  grin

@BUTONEDAY,
No luck with MBC persia on my 3m. Looks like we will need up to 4m to receive it here in the south-south.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2010
George d , pls kindly tell me d tp u used on your ur darsat box 4 w2a. I got d first tp dat has d symbol rate 13322 . tanx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 3:33am On Mar 14, 2010
@lovala
R is V while L is H
@arsenal1:
Thankx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 6:10am On Mar 14, 2010
@all live boxing on sirius on one of the feeds
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2010
a verry good morning to all fta members. may thy joy of our LORD be with u all amen.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
@all any live match any where.And what happened to 2m on w6.have they stopped the live match broadcast
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
@all,no green on 'go africa' w3a . confirm pls. @Arsenal1 thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2010
Paps 1, as at yesterday 2m showed chelsea vs wigan. 2m is stil alive. @Ikeduru, Go A frica was showing as at last nite.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 3:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
@All man u vrs fulham on sirius
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2010
just use the sat-finder this morning and it was sweet and the lnb and dish was brought from the state. let call a spade a spade, the dish in Nigeria is not compare to that from abroad. the aliment in the dish always give problem why tracking a sat. today i track with easy and with maximum strength 98% in w4 and 93% on mytv this was don in less than 15mins even the man that own the sat. could not bliv is eye. the sat-finder comes along with the dish n lnb i am even begging the to lend me the finder(to practice with it).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2010
@all! pls i just hook up my daar dish to W3A this afternoon, i hereby requested 4 Go-Africa tp & sbr

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.