Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,876 members, 7,872,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251154 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2010
@pitodenz,
@badaru,
@BUTONEDAY,
@all,

I finally got round to tracking the naughty w2a mpeg4 signals (3927r & 3937r) yesterday using daarbox! Even though I had previously tracked the bird several weeks ago using the global mpeg2 beam (3865r) on my 46663X, when I input the above mpeg4 tps in daarbox nothing came out and I almost went ahead to collect the new STRONG 4669X until I made a last ditch effort yesterday morning.

What I did: I had earlier replaced my K6 lnb with SUPERMAX extended c-Band on Monday preparatory to yesterday's tracking. With the help of my satfinder software, I then copied the beam parameters for the MPEG4 signals and manually entered them on the daarbox transponder menu and gbam! Green jumped out! I was pleasantly surprised at the full signals (which have been there all along). I am hitting almost 85% quality on both tps after maximum tracking.

My findings: You can receive w2a with an offset c-band lnb on 2.4m here in the south-south. Also, daarbox works well with w2a but you to need to know how to manually adjust all the beam parameters for the signal to jump out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 10:42am On Mar 11, 2010
@ All

If u have mpeg 4 decoder and 1.8m dish,check lyngsat astra 19.2 degree east Tp no 59,it is receivable in nigeria
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2010
@Obnelly,

Thanks. will give u a call later.  Jayron is coming to my bunk on Saturday morning to help with the tracking and I hope we will be able to hit green without much problem.

Thanks again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oliss: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2010
@ george
thks guy, i'll check it out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by isomadtech(m): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Enitan
welcome to the club of Nilesat viewers
@Olason
please i need to get in touch with you as regards the star terrestial box you talked about. i have been searching for it for some time. pls get in touch on isomadtech@yahoo.com i will expect your shout. thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2010
must someone go to Alaba before you get 69x for 16k? dats bad all the dealer i av been calling around Lagos said is 18k,

@Enitan, why d u chnage ur status to F??
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by isomadtech(m): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Enitan
welcome to the club of Nilesat viewers
@Olason
please i need to get in touch with you as regards the star terrestial box you talked about. i have been searching for it for some time. pls get in touch on isomadtech@yahoo.com i will expect your shout. thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Twins kenny,

O' boy how u dey? how is or was the honeymoon.

Tried getting in touch via messenger but u were out of reach. How far about the bunk issue, any headway?

Holla me oh.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by soki2ng(m): 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
Hello everyone,
the name is in the ID, I know i'm kinda Late to this thread, (part 4 now) cos someone else was in handling all this, and he is no more
I'm posting for help, tips, advice and even questions
<< current hardware config
2 Big Dish C-band , KU band , 1 small dish i dont know the LNB config
3 strong decorders, (FTA, / HITV) 1 skysat decorder (C-band/ cnn etc)
5 other DREAM decorders (which i can't get to show anything right now) angry angry
and no, all this ain't for personal use
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
Isomadtech, u can reach me on olaslasho@yahoo.com or cal 08033231671.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ All

I would like to alert u all on the latest development on this thread. I received series of SCAM in my box from fraud stars they have the following addresses:

Olive_sdoe@hotmail.co.uk
sharonkalifha6@yahoo.com
js_parrish@global.net
e.t.c
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ Obijack

I called u this morning with my land line u didnt pick, expect us with the hour of 06:15am and 06:30am on saturday.

Am sorry for planninng to come that early, on same day i would go to work, bear with me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 6:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ all,
hello all pls how can i get a compass for tracking and if possible a spectrum analyzer, ( is it necessary?)
@ olofofo
pls can accept me in the google group? this is my gmail add sholasong@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ enitan,congrats. The space in my house can contain six 5m dishes.d prob is my old man,i just hope he agrees to installin nilesat.he who has cap has no head to put it on
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ enitan,congrats. The space in my house can contain six 5m dishes.d prob is my old man,i just hope he agrees to installin nilesat.he who has cap has no head to put it on
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
God bless you all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 5:24am On Mar 12, 2010
twinskenny:

must someone go to Alaba before you get 69x for 16k? dats bad all the dealer i av been calling around Lagos said is 18k,

@Enitan, why d u chnage your status to F??

Actually 15800 at shop B270 at alaba, U might need to go there to save yourself the 2k+
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 5:28am On Mar 12, 2010
@ George_D,

This is two in one LNBF, ku and c-band. It saves you a lot stresses with a very high performance.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 6:58am On Mar 12, 2010
@all,good morning,its another friday and weekend on season 4,i will start my nile sat tomorrow,alot of guys installed with 1.8 in this eastern part of this country,i will post my result
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 7:17am On Mar 12, 2010
i guess those stations must be from poland
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 7:28am On Mar 12, 2010
its has come to a known fact now ,that the more we track nilesat signal the better and improvement in term of the signal received,Quoted Chief Badaru in the previous post.,season 1 and 2 precisely.Initially we couldnt get good signal either on nile or on hotbird but with the Help of Badaru and Adewest now the sky is nt our limit,keep tracking ,keep flying ,FTA forever.If we can contribute all these so much on free to air and i think its high time we open a thread on renewable energy sources i.e alternative energy ,i believe we can do it .if we can fight against pay tv due to there poor performance, we can too on power holder of 9ja ,I GUESS YOU KNOW WHAT AM SAYING HERE. Everything is free let us contribute and see if things wouldnt work.

ola i go hala u soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2010
Sun-sat:

@all,good morning,its another friday and weekend on season 4,i will start my nile sat tomorrow,alot of guys installed with 1.8 in this eastern part of this country,i will post my result

It's worth trying but try using the strongest TP
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arsenal1(m): 10:34am On Mar 12, 2010
@lovala
R is V while L is H
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ugeh: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
@adewest
what ar d particulars of that LNBF? am interested.
@All
Keep on keeping on.Cheers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Ugeh:

@adewest
what ar d particulars of that LNBF? am interested.
@All
Keep on keeping on.Cheers.

@ Ugeh
Drop your e- mail.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
adewest:

@ George_D,

This is two in one LNBF, ku and c-band. It saves you a lot stresses with a very high performance.

Where can one get to buy the Lnbf and at what price?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hello evry 1

@adewest

i am also interested in the LNBF you posted about it looks really good and promising.thanks, eagerly waiting for your reply.
here is my email Addy
wallydon77@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
to those who have more than 2 working wonder decoders should please consider me oooo, twins, butoneday, george-d, badaru, ifende dejsam and others, am at your mercy oooooooooooo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blacklion(m): 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2010
Guys,

Am new to all this FTA stuff so pls bear with me. My friend in Dubai can get me the latest Strong HD decoder with recording function just like DSTV PVR. I want to know if it can work in Nigeria (Lagos). Here are the link to see what it looks like -
http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProdDetails.aspx?id=301
http://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProdDetails.aspx?id=308

I know you can buy Strong decoder at Alaba but my guy said these are the latest model and not yet available in naija.

Grateful for your advice!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
@adewest,
That lnb looks promising but I remember in season 2 we discussed extensively on the disadvantages of using combined c/ku lnbs and concluded that they are not as effective as single. Are you now saying this is an improvement version or what? If yes, then I think I will like to try it on my motorised and see the difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.