Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251258 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2010
captainus:

@All man u vrs fulham on sirius
@captainus which ch showed de game.im using sirius/w3a but i cant pick the feeds.and the other thing is are you geting stv1 pliz confirm and were do you get the programe guide for the feeds?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2010
@all, pls help confirm, my go-africa on Ew3a has been red about 2-3wks,also tv malagasy has not shown since d time i change my decoder to 4669x. Wat might be wrong? Is it general or 4rm my end? Pls help confirm these. I use a diseq switch 4 combinin astra 2b and ew3a together.
Any mpeg 4 ku band package apart 4rm astra 2b? George,enitan,pito,twinst,and everyone. I hail o.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2010
@ rextab,
you wunt get d hyde-park & etv on sirius if u av w3a/sirius on 1 dish.

@ alancruise,
tv madagasca is red, go-africa is unstable, try am around 11pm. Stv1 na red for 3wks now. Roger dat !!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by foxteroh: 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2010
Happy mothers day to all mum. Pls let any person give the sat and the freq to nail 2m
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 2:20am On Mar 15, 2010
@All:
STV (Spectrum Television), broadcasting from Douala in Cameroon has been having some problems with their transmission signals. I accidentally met with one of their technicians on Friday afternoon when they were bringing down their 6m motorized c-band dish at Essos quarters here in Yaounde to transfer and mount it at Mbankolo another quarter with the highest altitude. I posed the problem of STV1 and also wanted to know the parameters for STV2 and its broadcasting satellite. He’s the one who informed me that they’ve stopped broadcast on STV1 and that they’re carrying out maintenance work for the two channels and as soon as they’ll be through they’ll hit the air again. As for now I don’t know if they’re going to change satellites or remain with Sirius 4. STV2 by the way is in the CanalSat bouquet on NSS7. I hope this helps.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 7:07am On Mar 15, 2010
@all
its been exactly 3months since i touched any dish since i av been away on assignment. and yestday when i had to install a 90cm dish 4 mbc(W3A) in my temporary abode,i tried &tried fruitlessly without hitting green.i had forgotten all d directions using dstv as my reference positn. i had 2 cal my friend,olatiler,who told me somethings. i then trackd again & sirius4 hit 87green but w3a(which i believe is to d left of sirius) didn't pop out.it was getting late,so i had 2 just lock d sirius positn there. i hope to continue 2day but first,i need you guys to remind me anything i'av forgotten with respect to tracking w3a from sirius positn &d lnb positn. thanks a lot
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 8:54am On Mar 15, 2010
@ George_D
@ Badaru1

One getting home on Saturday i notice that my 2.4 pan dish had been tampered with. After coming back from chuch on sunday, i resume duty. I started by tracking NSS7 for confirmation of adjustment on LNB which hit 97%, after that i tried to lay my hands on W3a, i was confused on its location. After much effort i turned back to Nilesat position, i was surprised Nilesat did not come up again.

Had it been i got it i would have used thesame opportunity to search for W2.

My prayer, i would like u my Lords to give me the strongest T.Ps for ,W2,W3a, Nilesat and each location from DSTV.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2010
@obijack

Thanks bros for checking on me, the honey was sweet bro, i av resume work!!!

as per the apartment i have to go and settle for 2bedr someplace close to berger, since then i have been trying to nail multitv oo but no luck, pls drop ur number on yim we need to talk thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2010
olason:

George d , pls kindly tell me d tp u used on your your darsat box 4 w2a. I got d first tp dat has d symbol rate 13322 . tanx

@olason,
You have taken the first step by tracking the W2A position using the global feed tp (3865r, 13333sr).

Now you must reconfigure the tp menu to bring out the MPEG4 signals on daarbox:

1) 3927V, 8300sr -discovery world, MGM, Cmusic, etc
2) 3937V, 8800sr - Trace tropical, NTA, France24, etc

This is where the trick begins:

To get the first MPEG4 signal (3927V, 8300sr), you will need to manually enter it into your daarbox tp menu. Just go to the transponder screen on your daarbox and select any frequency. Select edit and put in 3927. Adjust the polarity to V and change the symbol rate to 8300. Also change the FEC from 'AUTO' to  5/6. Make sure all the other parameters are on 8QPSK and S2. Your signal will jump out.

To get the second MPEG4 signal (3937V, 8800sr), go through the same process as above. This time remember the symbol rate is 8800. Adjust every other parameter as the first tp above and your signal will pop up.

Next, do a tp scan to get all the 29 channels available. Enjoy!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2010
@george what size of dish can u use to get w2a>??
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 9:45am On Mar 15, 2010
@ola
check your mail
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 10:07am On Mar 15, 2010
@ microgiant
you have to respond to the posts on the thread you have started.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392635.0.html#msg5694575
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:21am On Mar 15, 2010
@jayron,
Sorry about your problems.

For w2a, use 3865r, 13333sr. w3a use mbc mauritius tp (11192v, 3210sr).
For nilesat, use dubai one tp (11785v, 27500sr)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2010
twinskenny:

@george what size of dish can u use to get w2a>??

@twinskenny,
You can get w2a with minimum 1.8m dish, C band with di-electric.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2010
@ all, more channel has been added to w2a . tp 3951 v 11199
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2010
@George_D

Do u mean i still need Di- electric wt my 2.4m pan dish to get W2a. Is it to the rite of DSTV ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2010
@jayron,
Yes, you need a di-electric to recieve w2a just like intelsat 906/c of 902/c. It is almost the same position as w3a ku, facing up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jibrill7(m): 11:06am On Mar 15, 2010
@ jayron
Yes u need di-eletric for w2a
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2010
@all pls guys i ve a 2.4m mesh dish and im living in akure, can i use it to track nilesat ?.What of i refurblish it by guming foilpaper on d dish and paint it white wil recev d signal and also what frq can use to track nilesat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jibrill7(m): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2010
@ JAYRON & All take note of what George-d just said
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:13am On Mar 15, 2010
@IRAPADA,
That's a rather uphill task. Why not just get a 2.4m fibre or pan and save yourself the stress?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2010
@George,

Can srt 4653x  be used to track w2a signal and if yes  what is the approx price of a C band LNB with D - electric.

I don't find it that easy tracking with daar box.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 11:21am On Mar 15, 2010
I need a fairly use 69x or any other mpeg4 enable decoder ugently my no is 08060764846
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 11:31am On Mar 15, 2010
@all Can i use d 2.4m mesh to track w2 if it cant work wit nilesat. Pls send me d frq
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2010
@ George_D

What is Di-electric? and what is it functions? also the cost in the market and where to attach it to?

@ Obijack

How u dey, bros on sunday i was that busy with sat tracking of W2a. It was unfortunate that i had no knowledge of Di electric . This made it difficult for me.

How far have u gone on the space issue.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:52am On Mar 15, 2010
@ George_D

What is Di-electric? and what is it functions? also the cost in the market and where to attach it to?

@ Obijack

How u dey, bros on sunday i was that busy with sat tracking of W2a. It was unfortunate that i had no knowledge of Di electric . This made it difficult for me.

How far have u gone on the space issue.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2010
@obijack

how u dey? did you get my message

please holla me on 08051355133
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by niddle9(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
@Jayron
Di-electrics are used in C-Band setup, They are either glass or ceramic, molded in rectangular form which enters the throat of the C-band LNB to to convert them to receive circular broadcasts.(satellites that are mainly located at the farthest eastern arc positions.
@Oga George,OLOFOFO, BADARU1,OLASON
I hail oo
make una correct me if i'm missing something
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ftalover(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
Happy Week to the Gurus (George baba, twinskenny & all), pls I brought a multi tv: Ghana digi box from Accra in 2009. I did the installation from the tutelage I got from you guys. Its working very well, could I still use the box to track and pick daar sat signals with another dish (90cm). Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
@george
pls refer to my post at d top of this page and see how u can help.its important.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ borderline

someone told me one needs 1m dish to get w3a, that is what i used in nailing w3a/sirius. someone please correct if i am wrong
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
borderline:

@all
its been exactly 3months since i touched any dish since i av been away on assignment. and yestday when i had to install a 90cm dish 4 mbc(W3A) in my temporary abode,i tried &tried fruitlessly without hitting green.i had forgotten all d directions using dstv as my reference positn. i had 2 cal my friend,olatiler,who told me somethings. i then trackd again & sirius4 hit 87green but w3a(which i believe is to d left of sirius) didn't pop out.it was getting late,so i had 2 just lock d sirius positn there. i hope to continue 2day but first,i need you guys to remind me anything i'av forgotten with respect to tracking w3a from sirius positn &d lnb positn. thanks a lot

If you are behind your dish W3A is to your left, but while standing facing the dish W3A is to your right and lower the dish a little bit (still standing at the front)

spaceman:

@ microgiant
you have to respond to the posts on the thread you have started.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392635.0.html#msg5694575

Sorry, could reply earlier, but it has been answered already. Check

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread