Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,257 members, 7,910,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nairaland Versus Facebook - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Versus Facebook (11985 Views)

Poll: Which one gives you the desired infotainment

Nairaland: 67% (163 votes)
Facebook: 32% (80 votes)
This poll has ended

Smooth Chest Versus Hairy Chest, Which Do YouPrefer on your partner / Comandclem Nigeria Limited Versus Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited / Light Versus Dark Skinned Ladies [who Rocks?] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by WarfyBoy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
I CAN STAY MY WHOLE DAY ON NAIRALAND!

MY FRIENDS COMPLAINED SO MUCH ABT HOW MUCH TIME I SPENT ON NL. I JUST LOVE NAIRALAND, I GET THE HOTTEST NEWS IN TOWN FOR FREE WITHOUT BUYIN A NEWSPAPER, I GET TO C WHATS HAPPENIN IN OTHER PLANET,LOL WITHOUT THE HELP OF A MICROSCOPE,LOL lol

NAIRALAND IS JUST TOOO MUCH

I VISIT FACEBOOK ONCE IN A WHILE, I GET BORED WHEN I DO,

BUT I SPEND MY WHOLE DAY ON NAIRALAND GALAVANTIN FROM ONE THREAD TO THE OTHER, ITS CRAZY RILY
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by bjcisse: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
Majority of people who visit social networking site or forum don't read their private policy.

Guys,
Facebook is fun, but 6 months ago i read its private policy, i i had to discontinue my account.

this is no arm in anyway to anybody; we are all just different individual with different reasoning.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by kosovo(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
DUMB comparison,
 a forum and a social site? shocked holy shit!
the poster should be flogged in the ass,

what a waste of bandwidth!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2009
bjcisse:

Majority of people who visit social networking site or forum don't read their private policy.

Guys,
Facebook is fun, but 6 months ago i read its private policy, i i had to discontinue my account.

this is no arm in anyway to anybody; we are all just different individual with different reasoning.

Are there disturbing points in its privacy policy that you can highlight for us ? <I would like to know> Thanks!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Genuflect(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
kosovo:

DUMB comparison,
 a forum and a social site? shocked holy shit!
the poster should be flogged in the ass,

what a waste of bandwidth!
Dude, did you read the question? Which one gives YOU the desired infotainment? It's a subjective question. Btw, a forum is also a social site. Okay?
Warfy Boy:

I GET TO C WHATS HAPPENIN IN OTHER PLANET,LOL WITHOUT THE HELP OF A MICROSCOPE,LOL lol
Wow. So a microscope can be used to see other planets. Lmaooo
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by lite5(m): 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
seun a lagosian vs mark zukerberg a new yorker which one is better = a lagosian
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
Seun is from Ogun State; Sango Ota. Not Lagos.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by kosovo(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ Genuflect, that's your problem.
no matter how you spin the issue, it's still DUMB!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by martinosi: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
Facebook is just a social network forum, not much info or entertainment
there anyway.

Nairaland is a more intellectual and stimulating forum on a whole.
Its making nigerian at home and abroad aware of whats going on at home
and in the world generally,

I check nairaland most times when i am online due to the news and
discussions and believe you me i have learned alot!!!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by HERO111: 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2009
wen it comes to educating a man, i dont think i ve found a website dat provides info as much as Nairaland. infact, it has touched my life positively in many ways including my job. FB is all about hooking up wit pals and getting connected to new friends and stuffs like dat. but to get info on issues men!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i give it completely to NL. i beg NL na u be de baba! carry goooooo!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Lifeboy2(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
who be this mugu

Nairaland is a forum site while Facebook is a fun site there are posts u cannot find in a facebook but u can find them on nairaland. nairaland is like a law court where disputes are settled and advise are given, nairaland is also an help environment.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Genuflect(m): 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2009
kosovo:

@ Genuflect, that's your problem.
no matter how you spin the issue, it's still DUMB!
Of course, the truth always sounds dumb to some people
POSAKOSA1:

Seun is from Ogun State; Sango Ota. Not Lagos.
Does he come from there? I know he lives there but I don't know if he's from there.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
Genuflect:

I know he lives there but I don't know if he's from there.

I know he's not from Lagos.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by darne(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland,, Im here always and i enjoy staying on Nairaland than face book,, Naira naira naira naira and the naira LAND grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by toriman: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2009
NL is the best becos on NL you can express yourself and say your mind.
FB everybody pose like a big and big girl , to much forming on FB, on FB
NL is real
FB is fake, everybody finds a pretty picture to put on their profile

Naira Land na you JOJO grin
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Pelummy(f): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
wen u dey talk of fun,u wl definately get dat one for facebook,bt if u dey look for infomatn u wl definately get dat 1 4rm NAIRALAND,bt i luv 2 be on fcbk wt my friends, anytime,anyday,and anywhere
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Maxidoe(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
For me their is no basis for comparison,i think its better to say which do you prefer,Nairaland is kool and rocks i love, it but it is highly insulting,disrespectful,some posters are tribalistic, people are insulted for their opinions, so i try as much as possible not to post stuff, cos i could be insulted stupidly for my opinion or belief,go through this thread and count how many insults we already have just cos somebody prefers facebook to nairaland.Nairaland is informative and annoying cos of the posts, 40% of posts on nairaland are insults, which in my opinion is lack of maturity.Facebook is an international social network website,highly organised,almost upto a billion dollar investment,yahoo bought less than 3% of facebook for more than 200 million dollars,so i dont understand what you mean which is better.Seun you are doing a great job and i appreciate it,but if the truth must be told nairaland is not near facebook.I dont have time to post URL to support my claim about the worth of facebook,just Google it, or go to Wikipedia
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by nex(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
You don't get banned from Facebook for no good reason. Nairaland, you guessed right.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Biatide1: 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
Yahoo has not seen reason to buy that much on nairaland because it is african,  
Back to the topic the two are incomparable,
facebook is purely fun related.  Nairaland talks real and serious issues.
A tremendous display of intelligence is witnessed on nairaland - facebook talks about romance & stuffs,
No doubt intelligent matured minds seeking more wisdom and grasp of issue will prefer nailaland, while young unexperienced, gullible naive teenagers prefer Facebook, its all about PRIORITY
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Genuflect(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Maxidoe Who is asking about the worth of facebook or Nairaland? We are talking about which one satisfies YOU in the information and entertainment department. Do you think if we were talking about worth, the thread would be this long?
Biati de 1:

Yahoo has not seen reason to buy that much on nairaland because it is african,  
Back to the topic the two are incomparable,
facebook is purely fun related.  Nairaland talks real and serious issues.
A tremendous display of intelligence is witnessed on nairaland - facebook talks about romance & stuffs,
No doubt intelligent matured minds seeking more wisdom and grasp of issue will prefer nailaland, while young unexperienced, gullible naive teenagers prefer Facebook, its all about PRIORITY
So on point
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by emmatigana: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland has more info about nigeria than facebook, So it depends on how I fell at a time. I visit both often
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by snazzyfad(m): 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
its's really hard to say,but like some others have said,some people use the freedom on nairaland to unneccessarilly lash out at peops while on facebook its more civil.may be some of us on facebook pretend but can you blame us we all like to feel like a love-vendor.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Maxidoe(m): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
Genuflect:

@Maxidoe Who is asking about the worth of facebook or Nairaland? We are talking about which one satisfies YOU in the information and entertainment department. Do you think if we were talking about worth, the thread would be this long?So on point

Then for me facebook is more entertaining while nairaland "may be" more informative.Facebook is much more broad in terms of what you choose to do with it, there is noting done on nairaland that cant be done on facebook,their are so many things that can be done on facebook and cant be done on nairaland,you can have groups on facebook with people of like mind and then discuss just any topic you want just like you do on nairaland.Choices thats facebook, if you choose to be fake fine,if you choose to upload all the pictures on earth fine,get to meet primary school,secondary school and university friend you have lost contact with.Once again the insults and lack of respect for ones opinion on nairaland makes it immature and once again go through this thread and see how many insults we already have, everyday am on nairaland and facebook,but if i must choose one,its nothing to loose sleep over am going for facebook, meaning facebook is better, this is my personal opinion
A
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by BigStar1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
As for me, Nairaland na BABA.
Simply because, facebook is just for fun.
While fun is a subset of NL.
We share knowledge and Resources, some people sell markets, we get contracts and so on. All on nairaland.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by sammytb(m): 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hmmmmm Nairaland is goog 4 news uno, Infortainment, Moore of a forum base site, But facebook is a social site which connects u ur past and present friends and it gives no news
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Meldrick(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
Mbeki:

Some of you who don't know what facebook is out to achieve ignorantly submits your profile and all your family pictures online. if you don't know, Facebook is a tool by anti-christ to collect the data of as many people as possible, so that they can easily hunt you through you profile.
Think you these requirements

Your place of birth
Your nursery school
Your secondary school
University
where you work
your friends
all your picture
All these so that they can track you down. some idiots on facebook will post anything they do on what they call their wall. I pity them! dem go know wen dat time reach!

It's a pity black men don't reason. I love NAIRALAND. facebook Ko!backbook ni! angry angry

I second the motion to vote this post as the most ignorant post of the day.
Haba!!! mentality of people
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by ochukoccna: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
NL is the ish. Far dusts Facebook. Like the anonymity it offers. In facebook, every 1 knows U. On NL, U can bomb anyone from Lagos to Baghdad and disappear like Robin Hood.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by 8words(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
yea i love Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Boboedom: 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2009
There no comparison between the two as they both in their seperate worlds serving their purposes. NL is full of masquerades
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by nex(m): 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
If I want to be happy, or I'm happy, or want to remain happy, I'll stick to Facebook. If I'm angry, or trying to get angry, or want to remain angry, I'll go straight to Nairaland.

Facebook doesn't take sides in an argument or start to skew arguments by deleting posts.

I just chatted with my classmate from primary school on Facebook.

There are various platforms through which I meet Facebook friends face to face.

There are groups that can be formed to pursue common interests on Facebook.

You can meet a lot of people in society and even if not add them as friends, at least give them a decent piece of you mind on Facebook (without being rude of course) you can't do that on Nairaland because even Yar'Adua will deny his own ID.

People are more honest and real on Facebook while on Nairaland, people claim what they cannot do.

I now get some news earlier through status updates on Facebook than on Nairaland, but I believe for more detailed comprehensive news, It's Nairaland.

I've been offered more than 5 jobs on Facebook while on Nairaland, I've only been offered one job and I've been on Nairaland far longer than Facebook.

You can add friends on Facebook, Nairaland, no!

On Nairaland you can easily buy or sell cars, on Facebook, It's not that easy.

On Nairaland you can go crazy and behave like a beast from the jungle while on Facebook you have to civil.

On Nairaland, the "Seun" can always come and harass members while on Facebook there's no fear of Mark Zuckerberg.

On Facebook, you get to choose who you interact with while on Nairaland, you get assualted and insulted by every Chuks, Ade and Hamisu.

I joined Facebook after I was permanently banned from Nairaland for simply saying "To some, Hitler is a hero". I've never been banned on Facebook cos I keep to the rules of whatever I do.

Ignorance is boldly imposed on others on Nairaland while on Facebook, people stick more to what they know.

Nairaland is important, but I prefer Facebook a thousand times.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2009
Pelummy:

wen u dey talk of fun,u wl definately get dat one for facebook,bt if u dey look for infomatn u wl definately get dat 1 4rm NAIRALAND,bt i luv 2 be on fcbk wt my friends, anytime,anyday,and anywhere
Are u on Facebook? If yes send me a friend request asap wink my facebook link is below
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by bawomolo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2009
nairaland is the new crack

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo: See Shocking Pictures Of Trees Having Sexual Posture / WEEKEND LAUGHS! / 2014 Categories Of People On Nairaland

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.