Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,159 members, 7,977,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:51 AM

Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (30152 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 2:20am On Nov 05, 2009
^^^
na wa o! wonders shall never end!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 2:22am On Nov 05, 2009
To think that I almost added you to my list of reasonable Yorubas on NL shocked shocked
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 2:23am On Nov 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

@tpia

Your vitriol is exponentially disproportional to the comment from mekus! cool

Nwanna,

Would it matter if I urge you not to get involved in this? It is a waste of otherwise USEFUL time. Thanks.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 05, 2009
if them born your mama and papa well, try me again, bastard.

You will see the one behind nwanna

wanderer driven by the wind and destined to a senseless existence devoid of usefulness.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 2:24am On Nov 05, 2009
Saw you tpia in the mold of[b] okonoba[/b]. Guess I was wrong. But then again who can really understand a Yoruba well
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

Saw you in the mold of[b] okonoba[/b]. Guess I was wrong. But then again who can really understand a Yoruba well

that's your mama's problem oh!

poking your mouth into things that dont concern you will give you nothing but grief.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 2:25am On Nov 05, 2009
Well, now I know!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 2:27am On Nov 05, 2009
Thanks mekus, my database just changed yet again!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 2:27am On Nov 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

Saw you tpia in the mold of[b] okonoba[/b]. Guess I was wrong. But then again who can really understand a Yoruba well

Otu ya na ako ya oko. Ona acho virile onye igbo ga aku ya owa. Tufiakwa.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 2:28am On Nov 05, 2009
mekuslogan:

grin grin grin grin grin
with heavy Igbo accent!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 2:28am On Nov 05, 2009
mekuslogan:

aye e ti baje

ori e ti daru

you will never know success and you'll destroy with your own hands everything you think you achieve in life.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

Well, now I know!

Onlytruth:

Thanks mekus, my database just changed yet again!

is someone supposed to be surprised by your flipflopping?

[size=14pt]As if its a new thing for your likes[/size] ?

Too many attention seekers here- oh my tribe oh my tribe, i must die with my brothers

useless thing- coming out to pretend he hasnt seen anything in typical fashion.

have you ever wondered why you're constantly frustrated in everything you do? Look in the mirror bozo.

a bit of nwanna advice.

Una life don spoil- na your head talk am.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

To think that I almost added you to my list of reasonable Yorubas on NL shocked shocked

you are mentally deranged for this post.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by okunoba(m): 4:33am On Nov 05, 2009
@only truth, Y slander the whole Yoruba race because of tpia who isn`t even Yoruba. Be warned she lives off crude insults, I was once her victim.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 05, 2009
okunoba:

@only truth, Y slander the whole Yoruba race because of tpia who isn`t even Yoruba. Be warned she lives off crude insults, I was once her victim.

you'd better stick to your "Ghandi" role and dont start with me.

I will gladly and persistently insult anyone who insults themselves and their ancestors and begs me to do the same.

If you fall in that category, then tough luck for you.

so watch yourself- I could care less who you think you are.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 5:32am On Nov 05, 2009
Kudos @ OPCman & Sjezzy8 for telling these OKOROs some home truths. cool

What a shameless crowd. You guys are sure sounding more stupid by the day.Which resources is being shared to other nigerians by Lagos state? Is it the monthly federal allocations derived from crude oil in the Niger-Delta that is being given to Lagos and every Yoruba state that you are calling Yoruba resources?

For your information all Yoruba states depend on federal allocations derived from crude oil to survive. If you take away those allocations, there is no Yoruba state that can survive.

Those lodmouths who are making mouth as if Lagos pays anybody social welfare payments should know that if all nigerians of other ethnic groups pull out their businesses from lagos and if the federal allocation from the oil in the Niger-Delta ceases Lagos will be grounded just like other Yoruba states that parasite on niger-delta crude oil money for their survival.

If anything the Yorubas should be grateful to the niger-delta for sustaining them all these years.

One of the dumbest comments I have ever seen in my life
Do you mind me asking which state are u from? If you are from the Niger Delta, then you people are the biggest fools of Nigeria
I made a comment earlier that the arms struggle by the natives of the Niger Delta is a foolsih move.
What have u achieved so far apart from being paid some loose change by the looters of the homeland natural resources.
In my opinion the battle should have been an intelligence war. (Like the COLD WAR b/w USA & USSR) Moving into the enemies territory and hitting them hard (Abuja)
About the Allocation derived from crude oil. So what happened to the allocations recieved by the Governors of the Niger Delta states since the 60s? You better ask your elders who have been pocketing your share instead of blaming Lagos for receiving what they are legally entitled to.
It is called SETTELMENT cool

As for those making mouth about being accomodating, all i can do is laugh at such stupidity. There is no accomodating group anywhere. People simply move or migrate and sort themselves out where ever they go. I have never heard of Lagos state government paying people social welfare payments or providing housing to anyone, if anything, Lagos is the toughest jungle to survive in nigeria. Those who arrive in Lagos find a tough and challenging environment where they have to individually struggle to survive.
Michael Jackson said "Look at the mirror and make a change" ol' Boy you have to change the way you interpret things.
Accomodating Social Welfare where did you get all this nonsense
Lagos is like any other city in the world whereby if you have not got the dough, you suffer
You come to london without no money, NA WINTER GO KILL U.

For Yommyyuk, sjeezy8, Opcman and others who fled to London, did the British invite them? Does the British not put people in jail for being in their country illegally? In practically every other advanced nation, immigrants are arrested and deported. Arresting and deporting immigrants certainly does not equate to being accomodating, yet people are still taking mortal risks to migrate to these countries everyday. In Britain extreme right political parties like Nick Griffin's BNP are openly opposed and hostile to immigrants and have promised to throw out all immigrants if they win the elections. Such extreme right parties opposed to the presence of immigrants exist in every European country. But people still risk their life to get to these countries. This proves that there is no accomodating group anywhere. Those who migrate do so at their own risk and have to find a way to survive.

By the way, if Lagos is so accomodating, why did yommyyuk and OPCMAN leave their accomodating Lagos to migrate to hostile, unwelcome and unaccomodating Britain where they risk being put in prison and deported?

Do you know the meaning of broadening ones horizons? i guess not!
You better leave that your mangroove village and see how the world is moving forward
Glogal Village MATE cool

Does it make any sense?

oH YES

The stupidity of the being more accomodating than others nonsense is even more stupid when you consider that the so called buffoon yommyyuk is[b] describing the North where non northerners and non muslims are frequently attacked and killed as being accomodating. Will wonders ever end in nigeria?[/b]
i will have to agree with you, Wonders will never end as long as people like u still exist.
I have moved around/with all different tribes and iN my opinion the Ibos are the less tolerant of the lot. Maybe not in an agressive way like the hAUSAS. BUT IN A more effective and subtle way.

Below is Nick Griffin's BNP'S website:

http://bnp.org.uk/policies/immigration/

irrelevant
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 5:39am On Nov 05, 2009
Man dies inside Cocoa House elevator - Decomposed body found after three days
By Jackson Udom
Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thanks for the article. But what's your point.
Cocoa house was built from the proceeds earned from agriculture (Pre Oil day)
Absolutely irrelevant reference
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 5:43am On Nov 05, 2009
Mr Segun Ajayi was amputated after gunshot wounds as a result of the violence during the last governorship re-run election at Ido-Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State. Here, he shows his amputated leg to members of the Ekiti state election tribunal.
Another foolish post embarassed
What about that shrine found in the east where human Sacrifice were being carried out
I beg no be only yoruba thing, it is an African Inherent problem. SECOND BASS cool
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 5:46am On Nov 05, 2009
PLS, WHERE IS JANKARA MARKET, THE LARGEST MARKET FOR HUMAN PARTS IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE?
Jankara market is attended by every tribe - Especially the IDUMOTA OKORO BOYS grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 5:53am On Nov 05, 2009
I don't care f the Yoruba built the tower of Babylon, the fact of the matter remains that if you had never met the British you would have never had any of those things because they are not unique Yoruba inventions, so now tell me how the Yoruba are better than the rest of Nigeria again? Is it a stadium people use to eat, why has 70% of Lagos become a slum?

It is a well known fact that the first Europeans that set foot on Yorubaland were surprised to find out that big citys like Ibadan, Abeokuta and lagos have already attained metropolitain status compared to Amsterdam, London, Lisbon and Liverpool in the mid 1800s.

If not Oyinbo man will not setup office on our land. cool

But Ibos where still living in hamlets and mini towns at the time. grin grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Eziachi: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2009
Is it possible to go back to the original issue of this thread? And is:
1. Is it marginalization for a government to refuse paying for privates individual holidays to Mecca or Medina?

2. Is it marginalization for a government to refuse any person or group of person a free plot of land?

The above two were reported to have been the Yoruba community in Enugu state by the host government, it seem they has been enjoying this sort of privilege until now.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Abagworo(m): 8:29am On Nov 05, 2009
yommyuk:

I don't care f the Yoruba built the tower of Babylon, the fact of the matter remains that if you had never met the British you would have never had any of those things because they are not unique Yoruba inventions, so now tell me how the Yoruba are better than the rest of Nigeria again? Is it a stadium people use to eat, why has 70% of Lagos become a slum?

It is a well known fact that the first Europeans that set foot on Yorubaland were surprised to find out that big citys like Ibadan, Abeokuta and lagos have already attained metropolitain status compared to Amsterdam, London, Lisbon and Liverpool in the mid 1800s.

lagos is obviously not a yoruba city but edo.2ndly it wasnt as large as abeokuta and ibadan then.

surprisingly those mini towns are now larger than those already existing yoruba cities(minus ibadan).its forward ever,backward never.''i get am before no be property''.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2009
tpia.:

is someone supposed to be surprised by your flipflopping?

[size=14pt]As if its a new thing for your likes[/size] ?

For the record, my position on Nigeria/Biafra has been firm and consistent.  cool
Do I believe in Nigeria as currently constituted? Absolutely not! Do I believe it is still breakable? You bet I do! Can Nigeria still be salvaged and kept together? It depends! BTW I have my deeply held beliefs about Nigeria and they are articulated in my own 7 point agenda grin

(1) Nigeria is a multinational state, made up of at least four viable nation-states

(2) For these nation-states to successfully form a union, there must be shared sets of beliefs and common values. For me as Igbo I believe in the following: meritocracy over mediocrity termed federal character or quota system. If you are less qualified, you don't get the job. Period. If there must be affirmative action, it should be the exception not the rule. 90% employed on merit, 10% on affirmative action.

(3) There must be local police (state, or city or local government police formations). We should still have federal police but for cross state border crimes only.

(4) There must be free and easy residency for all Nigerians across the national space. You live in a place for one year, you establish residency. Period.

(5) There must be at least 50% resource control by all states

(6) There must be no Sharia or any other religion based penal codes in any state of Nigeria

(7) States or geopolitical regions should have their own constitutions (like in the 60s)

If I cannot get the Nigeria oultined above, then I must seek Biafra even if it is only for Igbo territories. There are many successful nations like that in the world. Bostwana of southern africa readily comes to mind.

So madam TIPIA your misinformation has failed again.  If you insult me again this time you will be sorry.  angry
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 10:20am On Nov 05, 2009
lagos is obviously not a yoruba city but edo.2ndly it wasnt as large as abeokuta and ibadan then.
Who is talking about size?
We are talking about population and volume of trade sad

To all u OKORO MADOs who do not have knowledgeable of the history of Lagos.
Let me take you down memory lane. A bit of history for you just to show you that Lagos belongs to the Yoruba and has been a commercial city well before the Okoros started bringing their goods to our shores to sell.
If you have got time, read. Information is key to ones’ understanding.

To all u OKORO MADOs who are not familiar with the history of Lagos.
Let me take you down memory lane. A bit of history for you just to show you that Lagos belongs to the Yoruba’s and has been a commercial city well before the Okoros started bringing their goods to sell on our shores.
If you have got time, read. Information is key to ones’ understanding.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2009
I dont know where these fools got that Lagos in not yorubaland.
If these fools new their history they would know that Eko had no owners and was a place where people traded with small indignes living their UNTIL the yorubas INSTALLED an OBA there.
I wonder why people like to argue about the west WHEN THEY'RE NOT FROM THE WEST.
I know its hard for igbos to understand the concept of conquering and expanding an empire. This could be due to the fact they never conquered or even had a real empire, thats in history. Unlike the yorubas who were known to conquer and install yoruba obas in the land they conquered.

List of Obas of Lagos
Ashipa (1600-1630)
King Ado (1630-1669)
King Gabaro (1669-1704)
King Akinsemoyin (1704-1749)
Eletu Kekere (1749)
King Ologun Kutere (1749-1775)
Adele Ajosun (1775-1780 & 1832-1834)
Eshilokun (1780-1819)
Oba Idewu Ojulari (1819-1832)
King Oluwole (1836-1841)
King Akintoye (1841-1845 & 1851-1853)
Oba Kosoko (1845-1851)
King Dosunmu(1853-1885)
Oba Oyekan (1885-1900)
Oba Esugbayi Eleko (1901-1925 & 1932)
Oba Ibikunle Akitoye (1925-1928)
Oba Sanusi Olusi (1928-1931)
Oba Falolu (1932-1949)
Oba Adeniji Adele (1949-1964)
Oba Adeyinka Oyekan II (1965-2003)
Oba Rilwan Akiolu (2003-present)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_of_Lagos"

please where are the bini or edo names?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by revolt(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2009
i feel so sad when i see youths arguing tribalistically. THAT GENERATION HAS REALLY DESTROYED OUR MENTALITY AND THEY MUST GIVE WAY OR DIE, MY FELLOW YOUTH THIS IS A NEW MOVEMENT LOOK ABOVE YOUR TRIBES AND IDENTIFY YOUR COMMON ENEMY, THEY ARE OUR PARENTS, MEANWHILE TPIA DEY VEX, HMMM
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2009
yommyuk:

Should I be surprised that you're proud of that?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2009
revolt:

i feel so sad when i see youths arguing tribalistically[(?)]. THAT GENERATION HAS REALLY DESTROYED OUR MENTALITY AND THEY MUST GIVE WAY OR DIE, MY FELLOW YOUTH THIS IS A NEW MOVEMENT LOOK ABOVE YOUR TRIBES AND IDENTIFY YOUR COMMON ENEMY, THEY ARE OUR PARENTS, MEANWHILE TPIA DEY VEX, HMMM

grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2009
something is giving onlytruth AlwaysLies the impression he's typing something worth reading?

what a waste of valuable time and gigabytes.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2009
yommyuk:

tpia, tell your sister off for the bolded!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2009
tpia.:

something is giving onlytruth AlwaysLies the impression he's typing something worth reading?

what a waste of valuable time and gigabytes.

Fukcing grey haired malodorous unkempt cunt! Who cares what you read Tipiad Ikpu!
Carry go old hag! angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Maduka Buries Mother-In-Law In Imo, Pledges Befitting Home For Catholic Priests / Resolutions Of Fg/labour Meeting / VP Kashim Shettima Visits Muhammadu Buhari In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.