Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,661 members, 7,889,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (29869 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 4:41am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

Nsukka, the home of the University of Nigeria, UNN, is now suddenly remote because you want to explain the presence of a few hundred Yorubas there.

undecided undecided undecided

am I surprised? No be you?

Nsukka is like Ogbomosho you bigot. Will you call Ogbomosho an urbanized town?. Is Ife  which is a University town an urbanized town?. Jeez.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 27, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Nsukka is like Ogbomosho you bigot. Will you call Ogbomosho an urbanized town?. Is Ife which is a University town an urbanized town?. Jeez.

you xenophobe- are Ogbomosho and Ife remote towns?

Or you dont know the meaning of remote.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 4:44am On Oct 27, 2009
yommyuk:

All Igbo states have Yoruba residents and their number amounts to hundreds of thousands

1st time I have heard this.
Yorubas in Iboland!!!
Just like water in hell

One thing I have noticed on NL is that whenever there is a new post that puts the IBOs in the spot light
They all come out gun blazing like dogs on the lose grin grin grin
What a bunch!

Which do you think is more tribalistic: IGBOS or Yorubas?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 4:46am On Oct 27, 2009
@Nchara,

I have to admit this is the first time I have heard of Yorubas residing in IBOland?
In my family the only person to set foot on IBOLAND is a cousin in the airforce in calabar.

Do you mind me asking. What do majority of the yorubas in the east do for a living? just curious.

If so, what did the Yoruba in Enugu say about Enugu people/govt, minus their present complaint

Very diplomatic. cool
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 4:48am On Oct 27, 2009
yommyuk:

Do you mind me asking. What do majority of the yorubas in the east do for a living? just curious.

If so, what did the Yoruba in Enugu say about Enugu people/govt, minus their present complaint

Very diplomatic. cool

What do majority of Yorubas in the west do for a living?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 27, 2009
What do majority of the yorubas in the east do for a living

according to aloy emeka who seems to feel he's atlas bearing the world's burden on his gbeborun shoulders, they are mainly cab drivers and tailors.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:51am On Oct 27, 2009
yommyuk:

All Igbo states have Yoruba residents and their number amounts to hundreds of thousands

1st time I have heard this.
Yorubas in Iboland!!!
Just like water in hell

One thing I have noticed on NL is that whenever there is a new post that puts the IBOs in the spot light
They all come out gun blazing like dogs on the lose grin grin grin
What a bunch!

It is your bunch that is better. He goat, take.

Shege!

[img]http://gr5mom2.files./2009/04/sweaty-palms.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:51am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

according to aloy emeka who seems to feel he's atlas bearing the world's burden on his gbeborun shoulders, they are mainly cab drivers and tailors.

And carpenters. . . . . . .
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 27, 2009
^^ you're too hot headed and the same applies to your colleagues nchara and aloy emeka.

udezue is just drunk most of the time.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 4:54am On Oct 27, 2009
Which do you think  is more tribalistic: IGBOS or Yorubas?

Ibos for sure!

Let me give u an example.
An Ibo guy wanted to sell a friend of mine(yoruba) some videos machines. Immediately he saw an Ibo guy in the house that my friend was living, he started speaking the Ibo lingo. He even went to the length of dealing with the ibo guy (same deal) behind my friends back.
hmm (It happened in HOLLAND)

Anyway, that is common knowledge now. Ibo kwenu isn't it?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:55am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

^^ you're too hot headed and the same applies to your colleagues nchara and aloy emeka.

udezue is just drunk most of the time.

So I'm hot headed because I listed a common Yoruba occupation in the east?

yommyuk:

Ibos for sure!

An Ibo guy wanted to sell a friend of mine(yoruba) some videos machines. Immediately he saw an Ibo guy in the house that my friend was living, he started speaking the Ibo lingo. He even went to the length of dealing with the ibo guy (same deal) behind my friends back.

Its a lie!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 27, 2009
ezeagu:

So I'm hot headed because I listed a common Yoruba occupation in the east?

no, I was referring to this:

ezeagu:

It is your bunch that is better. He goat, take.

Shege!

[img]http://gr5mom2.files./2009/04/sweaty-palms.jpg[/img]

and neither did I say there was anything wrong with any of the occupations.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 4:58am On Oct 27, 2009
yommyuk:

@Nchara,

I have to admit this is the first time I have heard of Yorubas residing in IBOland?
In my family the only person to set foot on IBOLAND is a cousin in the airforce in calabar.

Very diplomatic. cool

They are traders, tailors, workers in the civil service and in banks, in oil companies and other multinationals (for e.g., PZ in ABA, Nigerian Breweries Enugu), university lecturers, students, taxi drivers, police, soldier, navy, pastors. I know of many who are landlords with Igbos as their tenants. The biggest Single taxi business in Abia state is owned by a Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:59am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

no, I was referring to this:

and neither did I say there was anything wrong with any of the occupations.

I don't take to kindly to patronising, especially from somebody who doesn't know anything about the topic.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 5:00am On Oct 27, 2009
yommyuk:

Ibos for sure!

And Yorubas do not speak their Yoruba lingo in the presence of non Yorubas?. Is it not Yorubas that do that more?

You know why I asked you that question?:

Many Yorubas here claim igbos are not united and do not like their culture contrary to Yorubas who are uniformly united and love their culture to a fault. Assuming that  statement is true, who do you think should have more tribalistic tendencies? the igbo man that hates his people and culture or the Yoruba man that loves his people and culture so much? . Take off your tribalistic lens and be analytical for once.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 5:00am On Oct 27, 2009
These people need to research their people better, what is Egbe Omo Odua doing? Is it not keeping tabs on the Yoruba population?  
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 27, 2009
ezeagu:

I don't take to kindly to patronising, especially from somebody who doesn't know anything about the topic.

who is patronizing you?

I said you are hot headed.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 5:02am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

who is patronizing you?

I said you are hot headed.

The person who received 10 fingers.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 5:02am On Oct 27, 2009
This is for YommyUK

Hello Taxi storms Abia with 100 cabs
By Matthias Nwogu – Umuahia
Friday, March 13, 2009  
•Photo:Sun News Publishing
More Stories on this Section

Buoyed by the successful take-off of the Abia State urban taxi and bus scheme, Car Nation, a private Transporter has launched 100 taxies into the urban centres of Aba and Umuahia to ameliorate the sufferings of commuters.

The taxi scheme, the first of its kind by a private body and known as Hello Taxi is seen as a welcome development which will not only augment the existing ones but bring in an alternative to the rickety cabs that ply the Aba metropolis
Taxi operations became acute in the Aba and Umuahia metropolis since 2008 when government banned commercial motor cyclists (Okada) from plying the streets between 6.00 pm and am every day.
The taxi scheme which is in partnership with the state government is made up with Mappler 50 cars which would give commuters a taste of luxury

Briefing newsmen on the development, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Car Nation, Mr. Jimi Lewu, disclosed that Abia was their first port of call in Nigeria, stressing that the number of cars to be deployed to any part of the state would be driven by demand.

“We are starting with 100 because we want demand to drive additional need for cars in any locality. When I say serviceable, the trend usually in a lot of places is for people to supply services without a maintenance contract. Our scheme has in-built maintenance contract,” he said.

He explained that the decision to start with Abia State was informed by several considerations including the commercial nature of Aba, the peaceful atmosphere in Umuahia and the current enabling environment created by the Theodore Orji administration and expressed confidence that they would do good business in the state. Mr. Lewu, who hinted that the company would open offices in Aba and Umuahia including mechanic workshops, employ and train their drivers and ancillary staff, also disclosed that the offices would contain computerized taxi dispatch centers.

“The scheme is not gong to be run by a taxi brokering scheme; that is what obtains here. We are going to be heavily involved in logistics management. It means that we will be involved in the operational efficiency of the scheme, then as we go on we will work with the transport unions to evolve partnership,” he said, adding that they would work with the transport unions after the scheme has been firmly established so that they would keep the standard already set.

The CEO said the company was not afraid of competition because it has high standards as well as efficient service delivery adding that the project would be operational in five other States which he did not immediately disclose by the end of march with the overall goal of covering the entire federation by end of the year .

He said the company would also establish mechanic workshops and employ drivers among other staff after adequate training adding that the offices would contain computerized taxi dispatch centre .
He said the maple R50 cabs to be used for transport scheme was durable and strong for Ngerian roads adding that the company would manage the scheme before inviting the Transport Union
While commending Abia State Governor Chief Theodore Orji for his support to the scheme promised to reciprocate the gesture by maintaining the highest standard and creating employment for indigenes of the state.

If the scheme succeeds it would change transportation in the two urban centres which for a long time have not enjoyed real intra city commuting
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 5:02am On Oct 27, 2009
Its a lie!

I swear on my daughter's life angry

What I found out about the igbos is those who were born in lagos or maybe lived in lagos are more open.
But those who grew up in owerri, Aba or all those nnewi places, Man o man tribalism is written all over them.
Their tribalism is even worst than Oyinbos racism
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 27, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

And Yorubas do not speak their Yoruba lingo in the presence of non Yorubas?. Is it not Yorubas that do that more?

You know why I asked you that question?:

Many Yorubas here claim igbos are not united and do not like their culture contrary to Yorubas who are uniformly united and love their culture to a fault. Assuming that  statement is true, who do you think should have more tribalistic tendencies? the igbo man that hates his people and culture or the Yoruba man that loves his people and culture so much? . Take off your tribalistic lens and be analytical for once.

topic:

[size=14pt]Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu [/size]
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 5:04am On Oct 27, 2009
The CEO of the taxi company came with Yoruba drivers, as usual with their tribalism. But no problem he is free to operate and we shall enter his taxis. No discrimination.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 5:04am On Oct 27, 2009
yommyuk:

Its a lie!

What I found out about the igbos is those who were born in lagos or maybe lived in lagos are more open.
But those who grew up in owerri, Aba or all those nnewi places, Man o man tribalism is written all over them.

Is it your cousin or your friend that told you? grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

The CEO of the taxi company came with Yoruba drivers, as usual with their tribalism. But no problem he is free to operate and we shall enter his taxis. No discrimination.

^^ its not by force to enter taxi.

legedez benz l'omo.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 5:05am On Oct 27, 2009
So what so special about the west that makes igbos want to move there?
I really want to no know cause i hear igbos saying the west is dirty yorubas are lazy and co, but why keep moving there and leaving your OWN land? Lagos is not the capital(anymore) neither is Ibadan or Abeokuta etc,

Most yorubas leave the west its to go to Abuja or Abroad.

Yorubas are more tribalistic in ways of not giving a shit about other cultures- but they dont bad mouth igbos as much as igbos do yorubas.
Igbos are tribalist in a hater way no doubt, they love resulting to abusive name calling n BS, to make themselves feel better lol. The tribe that has the biggest haterz is the igbo NO doubt esp the males.

Nchara:

They are traders, tailors, workers in the civil service and in banks, in oil companies and other multinationals (for e.g., PZ in ABA, Nigerian Breweries Enugu), university lecturers, students, taxi drivers, police, soldier, navy, pastors. I know of many who are landlords with Igbos as their tenants. The biggest Single taxi business in Abia state is owned by a Yoruba

[size=15pt]so if they are all these in igboland, where does being lazy and beggars come from? just curious[/size]
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 5:05am On Oct 27, 2009
Yommy UK, have you read all my responses? You no fit talk again? Oloshi!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 5:07am On Oct 27, 2009
yommyuk:

Its a lie!

Have you checked those Yorubas who live in Ibadan, Ado-Ekiti, Akure, Ago Iwoye, Ogbomosho etc and their view of the igbos?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 5:08am On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

[size=15pt]so if they are all these in igboland, where does being lazy and beggars come from? just curious[/size]
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 5:09am On Oct 27, 2009
sjeezy8:

They are beggars because inspite of all that they do not want to spend money and buy land for their project or pay for their Hajj trips. They want free money from Enugu govt. That is lazy and beggarly. Not so?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2009
sjeezy8:

So what so special about the west that makes igbos want to move there?
I really want to no know cause i hear igbos saying the west is dirty yorubas are lazy and co,  but why keep moving there and leaving your OWN land? Lagos is not the capital(anymore) neither is Ibadan or Abeokuta etc,

Most yorubas leave the west its to go to Abuja or Abroad.

Yorubas are more tribalistic in ways of not giving a shit about other cultures- but they dont bad mouth igbos as much as igbos do yorubas.
Igbos are tribalist in a hater way no doubt, they love resulting to abusive name calling n BS, to make themselves feel better lol. The tribe that has the biggest haterz is the igbo NO doubt esp the males.

Back it up with fact, Fact: There are more threads and posts on nairaland attacking Igbo people (mostly Yoruba authors) than those attacking Yoruba people, stop lying.

I bet I can post more Igbo hating threads than you can Yoruba hating threads.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 27, 2009
well its been nice chatting with y'all but I've got to go.

Give the people what they want- a bit of land and suchlike.

Dont know about the pilgrimage issue but make una iron it out.

cheerios.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 5:11am On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

They are beggars because inspite of all that they do not want to spend money and buy land for their project or pay for their Hajj trips. They want free money from Enugu govt. That is lazy and beggarly. Not so?

no sounds like asking for something from the govt,

Thats like calling lobbyist and law makers in America, beggars for asking something from the govt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

President Jonathan With Richard Quest On CNN / Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot / 30 States Risk Bankruptcy As Lagos, Rivers Set For New VAT Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.