Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:52 AM

Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (29864 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Abagworo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2009
Vavavoom:

In this age and in our strife as a nation folks choose to defend tribe against right, I shudder because shout to high heavens if all of those being defended had done what was required to propel us as a nation, embarassed
Perspective is a big room filled with opinions of varying truths. I come from the troubled Niger Delta and no matter whatever scholarship DSP Alams throws at people it doesn't take away his being culpable in the backwardness for the period in which he reigned, so too Ibori, Odili et al. I admonish everyone to fight for what is right irrespective of tribe and region. Now to the question at hand I ask, Is it a prerequisite for an elected government wherever to fund religious rites? Obviously we are a deeply religious people but hardly godly and we must sit and talk how such issues should or shouldn't be incoporated into our national lives. If it is what a tribe want for its people and they agree, I have no qualms.

nice contribution
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Biati de 1

If I want amusement I will go to Florida cool
The intention of this topic is not for one to be amused but to the contrary.
However if u seek such, go to Oju elegba for your thrills.

but the good point here is that what he sees as yorubaland today has more than 30% igbo population while the east has about 3% yoruba population.do the maths and give me your result.onye ashi
And that is what I am talking about, cheesy
And to add to it, majority of that 3% are from Ondo or Ekiti State.

If they do not have money for land, they should get some from their brother Bode George. He still has billions of our money
Why should govt use state money to finance religious functions when their are other things to do
i hope they havent forgotten where their home villages are?

The above statement goes to show that relocating to a reigion in Nigeria that is not your origin is not a Wise Long Term Move (Abuja included)
Absolutely Not embarassed
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by lovelyS(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2009
I have gone through the post of everyone and i noticed a setback that has been lingering with the progress of this great country.
I don't think NL is designed for open abuse or for the kids or underage group.I believe we are all grown up and can always pinpoint right from wrong.why can we all have single voice and stop using swearing, name-calling and foul language.We nigerians are the greatest people in the world but because we dont know this we tend to ruin it all by hating one another.

We have forgoten that wether we like it or not we are the leaders of tommorrow. so tell me if we dont know how to control our anger and frustration now how can we move this great country forward ?

Please, let us regard another persons opinion so as peace to reign.

GOD BLESS US ALL

NIGERIA,GOOD PEOPLE-GREAT NATION!!!

LOVE YOU ALL,

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ProAnti: 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Topic,
I am highly disappointed. I was hoping to see a statement of real marginalisation. Haba!

@Poster,
Stop inciting ethnicity and hatred. Does our constitution support the use of state funds for religous trips?

@tpia, aloy_emeka
stop disappointing me.
There are lots of Yorubas in the east, just as we have lots of Igbos in the north.

@yommyuk
If u've got nothing to say, just keep mute.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2009
Pro Anti:

@Topic,
I am highly disappointed. I was hoping to see a statement of real marginalisation. Haba!

@Poster,
Stop inciting ethnicity and hatred. Does our constitution support the use of state funds for religous trips?

@tpia, aloy_emeka
stop disappointing me.
There are lots of Yorubas in the east, just as we have lots of Igbos in the north.

@yommyuk
If u've got nothing to say, just keep mute.

Did I ever say there are no Yorubas in the east?. I only said there are more igbos in the west than Yorubas in the east because of the lagos factor and for the fact that igbos are natural migrants. Even the aro tribe among the igbos were migrants before Adam and thats why they have a clan across igboland. Go and read the story of Omenuko.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ProAnti: 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Did I ever say there are no Yorubas in the east?. I only said there are more igbos in the west than Yorubas in the east because of the lagos factor and for the fact that igbos are natural migrants. Even the aro tribe among the igbos were migrants before Adam and thats why they have a clan across igboland. Go and read the story of Omenuko.

Am I communicating with a historian?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2009
I've read the story of Aro people many times. They are making a movie about Omenuko now with a budget of over N300m. It will be a mega picture.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AndreUweh(m): 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
Omenuko is a fictional name. This is according to to the author Pita Nwana. My curiosity is this, who is the original Omenuko?.
My research is leading to the Mbadiwes but not so sure.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2009
Even the aro tribe among the igbos were migrants before Adam

who is Adam?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2009
tpia.:

who is Adam?

Symbol of ancient times.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by jmoore(m): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
I thought I was going to find a tangible cause of the alleged marginalization only to find out it is only about pilgrilmage. I think its high time the government at all level stopped supporting all pilgrimages, be it christian or islamic.I see no reason why a sensible government will waste billions of naira to sponsor pilgrimage while we still lack basic amenities that are essential to life eg portable water, securitry, good roads e.t.c. If any one thinks he or she deserves to go to pilgrimage then let the person earn the money for himself or herself.Case dismissed
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Kanto: 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Yommyyuk. It seems that hypocrisy knows no bounds in nigeria. Which moral right do you a Yorubaman have to call others names after what your Yoruba people have done to nigeria in conspiracy with the North.

Hausa and Yoruba criminals who have been ruling nigeria since 49 years of independence have looted nigeria blind, made her a failed state and put her on the map as the most corrupt country in the world. Over $600 billion dollars have been stolen by Yoruba -Hausa  criminals. It would not be wrong to state that the two tribes that made nigeria the most country in the world also qualify as the greatest criminals in the planet.

Because of the criminal looting  by these Yoruba- Hausa criminals, millions of nigeria are suffering and dying everyday. There is no electricity, no roads, mass unemployment, no health care  facilities, no national airline, we import fuel even when nigeria is one of the largest oil producing countries in the world. etc etc.

After ruling and looting nigeria at a time nigeria witnessed the greatest oil boom in her history, Obasanjo a typical yoruba criminal has ended up ruining nigeria even more. To make matters worse he  betrayed nigerians as yorubas are known to do by handing over to a totally useless and clueless criminal like Yar Adua to continue the looting  and destruction of the nation.

Yet a buffoon like yommyyuk has the efrontery to write trash.

Importers can import and or sell what they like, they are saints who are only trying to survive in the jungle nation Yoruba-Hausa criminal looters created

No Yorubaman or Hausaman as far as nigeria is concerned has the moral right to talk after they destroyed nigeria with their record breaking criminality. Yommyyuk should please spare us and shut his trap or face more flak. Stupid hypocrite.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2009
yommyuk:

@Biati de 1
And that is what I am talking about, cheesy
And to add to it, majority of that 3% are from Ondo or Ekiti State.

Yommy Uk.

So ONDO and Ekiti people are inferior Yoruba? I thought they are the most educated and least corrupt Yoruba? grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2009
I am glad that the arrows throwed at me are from the East. cool
Just what I expected.

So b4 I finally go let me give u a quick hint.

Do you think the actual marginalisation the Yorubas are experiencing in this instance is the only issue they have?
Damn! Can't u people read between the lines.
The main objective of this post is to highlight that the coexistence of the main tribes in Nigeria still has a long way to go.
I am not hear to incite tribal prejuidice. Just read the first response I got and that shows how narrow minded people are.
WAKE NIGERIANS - WAZOBIA MY ARSE angry

So ONDO and Ekiti people are inferior Yoruba? I thought they are the most educated and least corrupt Yoruba
Another narrow minded one. JEZZZZZZZZZ grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2009
Kanto:

@Yommyyuk. It seems that hypocrisy knows no bounds in nigeria. Which moral right do you a Yorubaman have to call others names after what your Yoruba people have done to nigeria in conspiracy with the North.

Hausa and Yoruba criminals who have been ruling nigeria since 49 years of independence have looted nigeria blind, made her a failed state and put her on the map as the most corrupt country in the world. Over $600 billion dollars have been stolen by Yoruba -Hausa criminals. It would not be wrong to state that the two tribes that made nigeria the most country in the world also qualify as the greatest criminals in the planet.

Because of the criminal looting by these Yoruba- Hausa criminals, millions of nigeria are suffering and dying everyday. There is no electricity, no roads, mass unemployment, no health care facilities, no national airline, we import fuel even when nigeria is one of the largest oil producing countries in the world. etc etc.

After ruling and looting nigeria at a time nigeria witnessed the greatest oil boom in her history, Obasanjo a typical yoruba criminal has ended up ruining nigeria even more. To make matters worse he betrayed nigerians as yorubas are known to do by handing over to a totally useless and clueless criminal like Yar Adua to continue the looting and destruction of the nation.

Yet a buffoon like yommyyuk has the efrontery to write trash.

Importers can import and or sell what they like, they are saints who are only trying to survive in the jungle nation Yoruba-Hausa criminal looters created

No Yorubaman or Hausaman as far as nigeria is concerned has the moral right to talk after they destroyed nigeria with their record breaking criminality. Yommyyuk should please spare us and shut his trap or face more flak. Stupid hypocrite.

What where the rest of the tribes doing while these yoruba and hausa criminals were destroying Nigeria maybe sleeping eh? undecided

or maybe running away from Nigeria
or maybe on the sideline getting some hush money aiding the thieves
what does that make them ?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2009
From YommyUK: majority of that 3% are from Ondo or Ekiti State.

YommyUK,

I asked a simple question. Why do you think the Yoruba in Igboland are from Ekiti and Ondo only? From that statement it can be insinuated that Osun, Ogun, Oyo and Lagos Yoruba cannot live in Igboland. That is my humble understanding of your statement; hence a little more clarification would do. I am waiting.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2009
whaoooo shocked @Nchara

Why do you think the Yoruba in Igboland are from Ekiti and Ondo only? From that statement it can be insinuated that Osun, Ogun, Oyo and Lagos Yoruba cannot live in Igboland. That is my humble understanding of your statement; hence a little more clarification would do.

majority of that 3% are from Ondo or Ekiti State
The answer to your question is in the Bolded word above.
Secondly, If you look at the Nigeria Map you will notice that Ondo and Ekiti geographically are closer to the east. So obviously, that can be a contributing factor.
If you seek more explanation, pls don't hesistate. I am more than willing to help wink
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ikeyman00(m): 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2009
@@@@@@@@

all i can say right here, poster u are an idot, big one

u are obviously sufferring from oduduwa trait cuz what u thought was marginalisation in real term  turns out to dissappoint your monkey brain!!

tpia; i laugh so loud when i first read this on paper; hey it for those of yall tribalistic oduduwa in denial there are yorubas in the east lipsrsealed oh yesssssssssss the yorubas welcome people abi trait

szeeey u are obviously being compelled to face the truth; trait one could afford to assume themselves in your attempt to deivate from the truth; by the way as far as nigeria is concern all yorubas ladies are down for igbo kokollete
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2009
YommyUK,

Please let's get this straight. Are you by any means confirming that you are sure that only Ondo and Ekiti people live in Igboland? I ask this because I Know very many Yoruba people at the University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State who are from Osun State. This is just one example.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2009
all i can say right here, poster u are an[b] idot, big one[/b]

u are obviously sufferring from oduduwa trait cuz what u thought was marginalisation in real term turns out to dissappoint your monkey brain!!

undecided angry grin grin wink
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Nchara

I want u to clam down, read and absorb my input to this thread.
I am talking about people that are resident in the East permanently. (Not temporary residents like students)
I do have a lot of friends in Akure who are in and out of the East on business. So my assumptions was based on that.
When I was in 9ija, hardly will u see anyone choosing any Uni in the East.(excpt Nsuka,Calabar & PH).
May be that has changed now. And of those who live in Europe and Yankee (i.e Yorubas) I have never seen or heard anyone say
I am going to Owerri, Aba,Enugu on Holiday or Say they have property in IBOLAND.
I am not saying they don't exist but it is not common.
That creates this question in my mind "Why? " when I compare this to the Ibos in the West (excl Lagos)
Food for thought eh! sad
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nchara:

YommyUK,

Please let's get this straight. Are you by any means confirming that you are sure that only Ondo and Ekiti people live in Igboland? I ask this because I Know very many Yoruba people at the University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State who are from Osun State. This is just one example.

he said majority, not only.

Nothing surprising there.

Followed or superceded by Osun most likely.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 12:00am On Oct 29, 2009
yommyuk:

@Nchara

I want u to clam down, read and absorb my input to this thread.
I am talking about people that are resident in the East permanently. (Not temporary residents like students)
I do have a lot of friends in Akure who are in and out of the East on business. So my assumptions was based on that.
When I was in 9ija, hardly will u see anyone choosing any Uni in the East.(excpt Nsuka,Calabar & PH).
May be that has changed now. And of those who live in Europe and Yankee (i.e Yorubas) I have never seen or heard anyone say
I am going to Owerri, Aba,Enugu on Holiday or Say they have property in IBOLAND.
I am not saying they don't exist but it is not common.
That creates this question in my mind "Why?
" when I compare this to the Ibos in the West (excl Lagos)
Food for thought eh! sad

May its the yorubas who should answer this question. I ask myself the same question because Northerners especially hausas have more investments in the east than Yorubas. I think Awolowo and his cronies should be blamed here because it may have to do with the fact that yorubas are sceptical of igbos and south southerners.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by OPCman: 12:24am On Oct 29, 2009
"Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu"

Na by force? abi somebody sent them there?
If you feel marginalised in other man's country, make you return to your own country; abi won kon idi yin mo be ni?
I even have a feeling that, these so called marginalised Yorubas are Yoruba wannabe or mixed race. Millions of Ibos will do anything to leave in Nigeria London/NewYork (Lagos) why then should any Yoruba want to die in Iboland?

My dear governor of Enugu state (the man with the Hitler moustache), please deport them if they dare complain again.

My uncle lived in the north (Kano) for more than 40 years, had children and huge investments/properties but at the end of the day he salvaged all he could get and retrurned to Lagos. When we asked him why he returned, he said
1. He did not feel safe as a Yorubaman any more, with all the riots going on
2. Ile labo isinmi oko- go north go east, go south, home is home; nothing like being with your own people.

@yommyuk.
Well done omo Oduwa, Omo Yoruba rere.
I went through your posts and I say you are GREAT!

They killed and are killing our outspoken people- i.e. Bola Ige, Gani Fawenhinmi, Dele Giwa and many other, but they can never kill our spirit for freedom, our foresight-ness, our intelligence. They cannot kill our being the most sophisticated tribe/people in Nigeria. No tribe in Nigeria can kill our doggedness to fight for justice in Nigeria. Yesterday, another Yoruba judge dared the oligarchy by sentencing a demi-god Yoruba man to prison.
Yoruba will continue to make history in Nigeria, history that can never be matched by those who are calling us names out of jealousy.
Kudos my brother.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Abagworo(m): 12:27am On Oct 29, 2009
igbos are seen as unwise by many other nigerians because they consider everywhere home.to an average igboman anywhere he achieves success,he settles down and invests there.only the super rich hausas and yorubas invest outside their homeland.it is not uncommon to see a 25 year old igboman having choice properties in kotangora or ede.the disadvantage of this is capital flight.igbos can end this capital flight by dwelling in make-shift habitats and actually invest in their home state.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 12:44am On Oct 29, 2009
OPCman:

They cannot kill our being the most sophisticated tribe/people in Nigeria.

grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 12:47am On Oct 29, 2009
OPCman:

Millions of Ibos will do anything to leave in Nigeria London/NewYork (Lagos) why then should any Yoruba want to die in Iboland?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-343929.0.html

grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 12:52am On Oct 29, 2009
I just boarded a bus in Aba, and both the driver and the conductor are Yoruba. The current gateman in my house is Yoruba, whom I employed yesterday. Before you ask me about my car(s), I am trying to experiment with the Yoruba people in Abia State to see if they behave like the Yoruba in Yorubland (you know what I mean).
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by semid4lyfe(m): 1:06am On Oct 29, 2009
Kai! So many tribalistic fools on Nairaland. I shudder to think these people are the future leaders of Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 1:30am On Oct 29, 2009
Kai! So many tribalistic fools on Nairaland. I shudder to think these people are the future leaders of Nigeria.
Not only on NL, but in the blood of majority of Nigerians. FACT.

Now can I ask you my Ibo Sceptics a question?
What will become of the non Indigenous occupants in the East if Biafra becomes a reality?
You will deport them, ask them to obtain a Visa or apply for a working permit.
Will Ibos be willing to pay extra import duties in Lagos or move base to PH?, Relocate from Lagos to Aba? grin
Inwardly, How do Ibos comprehend Yorubas residing in the East? As fellow Nigerians?, Foreigners?, Invaders or what?.
Another food for thought eh! tongue
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Abagworo(m): 2:46am On Oct 29, 2009
yommyuk:

Not only on NL, but in the blood of majority of Nigerians. FACT.

Now can I ask you my Ibo Sceptics a question?
What will become of the non Indigenous occupants in the East if Biafra becomes a reality?
You will deport them, ask them to obtain a Visa or apply for a working permit.
Will Ibos be willing to pay extra import duties in Lagos or move base to PH?, Relocate from Lagos to Aba? grin
Inwardly, How do Ibos comprehend Yorubas residing in the East? As fellow Nigerians?, Foreigners?, Invaders or what?.
Another food for thought eh! tongue

igbos believe in equal competition.they dont notice ethnicity like yorubas.in umuahia for example,they dont intimidate hausas or force them to pay unwarranted levies without doing same to their state indigenes.

if the ph and calabar ports were not marginalised and the refineries criminally shut down,it would have been of no use for aba,onitsha and nnewi to import through lagos ports.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by udezue(m): 2:55am On Oct 29, 2009
I'm sure in Biafra the non Biafrans will be given a chance to get their permits to work or some green card. We are civilized and educated people so don't worry about them. wink

We won't even pay em any attention as long they are law abiding.

Igbos and Easterners in Lagos will ofcourse take the majority of their business to Calabar, PH, Onitsha ports. It will be dumb to still be investing heavily in Lagos when we have our nation to invest in. Nigerians will still be welcome to come to Biafra for business and go back home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari, End Fuel Scarcity Within 48 Hours Or You Resign - NANS / Violent Protest In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos Leaves Several People Injured (photo) / A Soldier Posted To Maiduguri Since 2014 Thanks God After 4 Years In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.