Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,647 members, 7,918,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 10:08 PM

Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (29954 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by yommyuk: 7:14am On Nov 07, 2009
Do you have any data for Yoruba and Igbo comparative involvement in crime? Bring it as a basis for discussion. I do not have any, although it is clear that Yoruba is high on crime. For e.g., Yorubaland is the home of most of the hard drugs that come from Nigeria. Most drug barons are also Yoruba while most of the foot guys (errand boys) are Igbos. Tinubu is one such baron as is Akindele Ikumoloyi aka versace.

OPERATIVES of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) have arrested five suspected drug traffickers for allegedly swallowing 410 wraps of a powdery narcotic substances at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA) Abuja

According to a statement by the Head, Public Affairs, Ofoyeju Mitchell, yesterday in Lagos, four of the suspects ingested 335 wraps of substances that tested positive for cocaine with a weight of 5.750kg while one suspect ingested 75 wraps of substances that tested positive for heroin with a weight of 1.3kg. All the suspects were caught attempting to export the illicit drugs out of the country at the airport.

It gave the names of the suspects as Udeagha Ume Irukwu 31, Lagos-based computer dealer that ingested 104 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.750kg; Owele Edwin Okotie, a 30 year-old labourer in a vegetable farm in Malaga, Spain who swallowed 100 wraps of narcotics weighing 1.6 kg and Nnaka Kingsley, a 30 year-old labourer in Akala, Spain who swallowed 64 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.150kg.

Others are Nwabueze Kalu Ikwa, 44 year-old trader that swallowed 67 wraps of cocaine with a weight of 1.250kg and Bonek Boniface, 31 year-old labourer in Italy who swallowed 75 wraps of heroin weighing 1.300kg.

Culled from Guardian Newspaper,
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article30//indexn3_html?pdate=061109&ptitle=NDLEA%20arrests%20five%20over%20ingested%20drugs&cpdate=061109
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by nolongTing: 7:45am On Nov 07, 2009
nolongTing:

Why do people make pointless, baseless comments when they have nothing constructive to say?  wink

What the heck are you talking about?  ezeagu you sound like an angry little boy trying to be rude, look stop the insanity!  From the beginning I asked a clear cut question so maybe we could all learn something NEW, refer to my earlier posts I have no time to keep corresponding with an immature prat.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by nolongTing: 7:47am On Nov 07, 2009
mekuslogan:

Nolongthing,

Are you sure you know a damn thing about Nigerians and poverty if you said Igbos are poor?
One of the reasons why kidnapping is more in Igboland (that I admit) is because there are rich people to milk. Go read all the CBN, WHO, world bank and other data and come back for this discussion. FOR NOW, I take it that you are a neophyte in these matters.

So, according to you Igbos are incredibly rich in Igbo land, so rich that the other rich igbo people want to kidnap them This dose not add up dose it mekuslogan?  I have never seen an Igbo man listed by Forbes or the financial times have you? There must be lots of poverty and hatred for Igbo people to keep kidnapping each other – come on! Be honest, the truth is there for all to see, ask Mr Yobo and Mr Soludo, to name a few.  Every African knows that the richest Black people on the planet live in Lagos – Yoruba land, why are they not being kidnapped?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by nolongTing: 7:53am On Nov 07, 2009
Abagworo:

thats a real question there.igbos are in no way different from other africans.the only thing is that from colonial times they were misunderstood because of their absolute democratic nature.the 2nd difference was the 1966 coup spareheaded by anioma igbos(delta state and onitsha) during which high profile citizens of other ethnic groups were killed.in reality igbos are true nationalists and see everywhere they settle as home and invest anywhere they live.another point is there diverse origin.
living outside true but marrying no.this shows that your conclusion on igbos is based on some few anambra igbos that you know.igbos are found in six other states abia,akwaibom,rivers,delta,imo,ebonyi,edo and enugu state.

@topic.igbo governors had in the past sponsored non-indigenous muslims to mecca and even built mosques for them.it is however not a governors obligation to do that.

Hopefully this thread will end with us all having a better understanding of each others point of view, HOPEFULLY! Well what do you mean by Igbos are true nationalists? Are they nationalistic towards being African, Igbo or Nigerian?  I think I know what the answer is but I would like to hear your point of view. 

You made another point:  "another point is there diverse origin. living outside true but marrying no"

Can you expand on that please, the origins and Marraige practices I mean.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Abagworo(m): 8:33am On Nov 07, 2009
nolongTing:

Hopefully this thread will end with us all having a better understanding of each others point of view, HOPEFULLY! Well what do you mean by Igbos are true nationalists? Are they nationalistic towards being African, Igbo or Nigerian? I think I know what the answer is but I would like to hear your point of view.

You made another point: "another point is there diverse origin. living outside true but marrying no"

igbos have no odua or bayajidda in general but rather each village comprises of compounds with diverse ancenstral lineages with some claiming bini,igala,oru,ibibio,aro,nri,awka etc.so unlike yoruba and hausa,their major identity is language and not origin.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Abagworo(m): 8:37am On Nov 07, 2009
nolongTing:

Hopefully this thread will end with us all having a better understanding of each others point of view, HOPEFULLY! Well what do you mean by Igbos are true nationalists? Are they nationalistic towards being African, Igbo or Nigerian? I think I know what the answer is but I would like to hear your point of view.

You made another point: "another point is there diverse origin. living outside true but marrying no"

the eri's or umunri are believed to be jews and therefore marry like jews.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by revolt(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2009
Computer village in Ikeja is well known to be the largest in West Africa again set up in Lagos. why not PH,aBA, calabar, onistha or niger delta?Huh
Or what about Abuja? The establishment of the Village is post Abuja as the capital of Nigeria. What is you excuse?

This goes to authenticate my claiim that the Ibos are just Selfish lots (majority ). This goes to the very heart of the original topic.
Even if the Yoruba come to IBOland and seek control of a city, damn! They deserve it Sad.

IBOS R FOUND ALL OVER NAIJA NOT because OF SUPPORT FROM NAIJA BUT because OF OUR SURVIVAL INSTINCTS. YOU FIND LOTS OF IGBOS IN LAGOS because THATS WHERE THE ONLY FUNCTIONAL PORT IN NAIJA SO EVERYTHING COMES IN THROUGH LAGOS. THANKS TO FGs CONTINOUS SABOTAGE OF THE CALABAR PORTS AND ALL OTHER PORTS IN IBO TERRITORY PLUS IT WAS ONCE CAPITAL OF NAIJA. OPEN UP THE PORTS IN CALABAR AND YOULL SEE A MASS EXODUS FROM LAGOS PLUS NEW MILLIONAIRES AND MORE MONEY FOR FG LAGOS IS CONGESTED BUT OFCOURSE ANYTHIN THAT IGBOS WOULD GAIN FROM MUST BE FOUGHT THANKS TO IGBOPHOBIC PARENTS AND POLITICIANS. WHY DID FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BAN IMPORTED GOODS with no concrete local production scheme. OFCOURSE IGBOS WERE TARGET. WHAT YOU DONT REALISE IS NOT ALL IGBOS IMPORT. WE ARE NATURALLY TECHNICALLY INCLINED WHICH EXPLAINS WHY YOU HAVE ABA MADE. GIVE US OUR COUNTRY WITH FINANCIAL AUTONOMY AND YOULL SEE WAT WELL BE IN 10YRS.TECHNOLOGICALLY. MEN IM DONE WITH THIS ISSUE STOP ARGUING BOUT WHAT U KNOW
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by revolt(m): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2009
WHY IBOS R REALLY UNIQUE IS UNLIKE OTHER TRIBES WITH ONE ORIGIN WERE THE ONLY TRIBE WITH A LOT OF NATIONALITIES LIKE THE NDOKI IGBOS WHOS FOREFATHERS WERE IJAWS, THE ABARIBAS WITH IBIBIO FOREFATHERS WHICH EXPLAINS OUR NON STEREOTYPICAL NATURE. IF YORUBAS WANT TO COME AND BUY LANDS TO BUILD IN OUR LANDS WE REALLY DONT CARE THATS A TYPICAL IGBO NATURE. NOT BEING SCARED OF COMPETITION FROM ANYOTHER TRIBES. AND WE DONT REALLY CARE WHERE WE SETTLE DOWN COS WERE TRULY NOT TRIBALISTIC EVEN ZIK UNLIKE AWO WAS NOT PUSHING AN EASTERN CAUSE RATHER HE CONSIDERED NAIJA FIRST WHICH WAS HIS GREATEST MISTAK . THIS WAS THE REASON WE HAD PROPERTIES ALL OVER NAIJA AND EVEN AFTER LOOSIN THEM THEN WE STILL COME OUT COS WE DONT DO REGIONAL SENTIMENTS. THE ONLY REASON U HAVE IGBOS ARGUING HERE IS COS OF ACCUSATIONS.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by nolongTing: 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2009
Abagworo:

igbos have no odua or bayajidda in general but rather each village comprises of compounds with diverse ancenstral lineages with some claiming bini,igala,oru,ibibio,aro,nri,awka etc.so unlike yoruba and hausa,their major identity is language and not origin.

I see, thanks for the explanation.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by OPCman: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
nolongTing:

Hopefully this thread will end with us all having a better understanding of each others point of view, HOPEFULLY

nolongTing.
God Almighty or whatever you belief in will bless you and continue to bless you for that quote of "Understanding each other point of view" (Understanding who and what WE so called Nigerians are)

I don't know why they should be calling someone a tribalist for talking about other tribe.
I can't understand why learning about each other in a forum should be an offence
I can't understand why talking about issues concerning each ethnic group should be amounted to hate

I will have loved to bring a quote into this -but can't remember it off head, and I don't want to misquote- it goes like
‘if you don't know who you are, you probably a dead person

The reason and I mean the MAJOR or MAIN reason NIGERIA IS NOT DEVELOPING AND WILL NEVER EVER DEVELOP IS BECAUSE WE NIGERIANS DON'T KNOW OURSELVES.

Although WE are Nigerian brothers and sisters but WE are different for Christ sake. And why people don’t want to accept this is what is keeping US in the wood perpetually.
Take that Yaradua for instance, the man hasn't got a clue of what a Yoruba person is. I don’t think he has ever been to Igboland or any area in Nigerdelta in his life before becoming the Nigerian president, The man doesn’t know fck all about any other Nigerians except his Hausa people how then  do you expect someone like that know how to solve any problem in Nigeria…how…it’s impossible?

All the Yoruba achievements today is because we had someone who so much loved for nation and his people. Awolowo and his comrades were ready to die for Yoruba people before dieing for Nigeria, hence achieved a lot
(How about Ojukwu? Someone said, there was a different, Ojukwu wanted to die for Igbo on his personal ambition- just like all those fools in PDP, who  are claiming nationalism because of political post and oil money)

If I had my way in that country, it must be everybody to his/her tents that is the only way we can get out of the wood.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Kanto: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2009
Silence they say is the best answer to fools. It is obvious that most of the stupid dicks here like the so called Yommyuk and his co travellers who fled nigeria to be a parasite in a Whitemans land  in London were they are unwanted, but are busy here making mouth about Lagos are just dumb fools and hypocrites.

What sense does it make arguing with such stupid folk? I have already made the most important point there is to make.

Being that; Nigeria is the sixth largest oil producer in the world, but a vastly impoverished failed state. All kinds of social vices now plague nigeria because of the mass unemployment, poverty, lack of infrastructure etc and who is responsible for this? Answer: Yoruba-Hausa criminals. These two tribes has robbed nigeria of over $600 billion dollars since 49 years of independence and put nigeria on the map as the most corrupt country in the world.  Yorubas and Hausas are the greatest criminals in the world. The evidence is there for all to see as their looting has totally destroyed  nigeria and made her the most corrupt nation on earth.

This is why nigeria imports fuel when we have crude oil, this is why we have no national airline, this is why there is no electricity, this is why there are no roads etc etc. These are the most important points, because every other vice that is plaguing nigeria today, wether it is armed robbery, mass emigration, Niger-Delta militancy, infant mortality, kidnappings, international prostitution, ethnic-religious riots, drug pushing  etc is a fallout of the  mass poverty, mass unemployment, lack of infrastructure etc caused by the misrule and unprecedented looting by the Yoruba-Hausa criminals who have  been ruling nigeria since independence.

If Nigeria had been well managed by honest leaders, nigeria by now with all her resources would have been one of the richest countries in the world, perhaps even richer than Japan and the vices we suffer today would not even have existed.

Unfortunately Yoruba-hausa criminals made sure that nigeria will remain a poor country through their mindless criminality.Today we are all suffering the effects of the criminality of these thieving tribes who have kidnapped the whole of nigeria since independence and held her to ransom one way or the other. The lives of millions and generations of nigerians have been destroyed courtesy of these criminal robbers who have destroyed nigeria.

It is obvious that this dumbheads opcman,yommyuk and their co, travellers are intent on running away from the guilt of what thier tribes have done to nigeria.So i beleive we should stop arguing with them because doing so will bring us down to their level and reduce the magnitude of the crime and destruction their tribes have visited on nigeria, a nation that could have been the pride of the blackrace but detroyed by yoruba-hausa criminal robbers,

Let us leave them with their guilt , and commit  the blood of the millions who have  died as a result of their destruction of nigeria on their heads. Silence from now should be the best answer to such hypocritic fools
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by nolongTing: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2009
OPCman:

nolongTing.
God Almighty or whatever you belief in will bless you and continue to bless you for that quote of "Understanding each other point of view" (Understanding who and what WE so called Nigerians are)

I don't know why they should be calling someone a tribalist for talking about other tribe.
I can't understand why learning about each other in a forum should be an offence
I can't understand why talking about issues concerning each ethnic group should be amounted to hate

I will have loved to bring a quote into this -but can't remember it off head, and I don't want to misquote- it goes like .

The reason and I mean the MAJOR or MAIN reason NIGERIA IS NOT DEVELOPING AND WILL NEVER EVER DEVELOP IS BECAUSE WE NIGERIANS DON'T KNOW OURSELVES.

Although WE are Nigerian brothers and sisters but WE are different for Christ sake. And why people don’t want to accept this is what is keeping US in the wood perpetually.
Take that Yaradua for instance, the man hasn't got a clue of what a Yoruba person is. I don’t think he has ever been to Igboland or any area in Nigerdelta in his life before becoming the Nigerian president, The man doesn’t know fck all about any other Nigerians except his Hausa people how then  do you expect someone like that know how to solve any problem in Nigeria…how…it’s impossible?

All the Yoruba achievements today is because we had someone who so much loved for nation and his people. Awolowo and his comrades were ready to die for Yoruba people before dieing for Nigeria, hence achieved a lot
(How about Ojukwu? Someone said, there was a different, Ojukwu wanted to die for Igbo on his personal ambition- just like all those fools in PDP, who  are claiming nationalism because of political post and oil money)

If I had my way in that country, it must be everybody to his/her tents that is the only way we can get out of the wood.

May God bless you my brother, I believe in Olorun oba wa! As far as I am concerned Awo was the best African leader of all time period; even Nkurumah was INSPIRED by Awo.  All you have to do is look at his achievements and legacy - FASHOLA.   What is Ojukwu's legacy? Mend?, MASSOB? a leggy model called Bianca?  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by nolongTing: 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2009

Next minute you will say that Yoruba and Hausa people stopped you from getting laid! You know, I know and even an infant in or outside of Nigeria knows that the present leaders from ALL Ethnicities are corrupt, to blame it on Yoruba and Hausa people is silly and you know it.

Kanto:

Silence they say is the best answer to fools.

[size=13pt]Fools must stay silent[/size]
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by OPCman: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
nolongTing:

May God bless you my brother, I believe in Olorun oba wa! As far as I am concerned Awo was the best African leader of all time period; even Nkurumah was INSPIRED by Awo. All you have to do is look at his achievements and legacy - FASHOLA. What is Ojukwu's legacy? Mend?, MASSOB? a leggy model called Bianca? grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you brother
Each time I meet/see my like-minded Yoruba people I am always happy.
What we are doing here has got nothing to do with hate of Ibo people or being tribalistic; it's just a matter of knowing about each other or correcting the impression we have about our ethnic groups.
If any bigot Ibo don't post any hype about how he/she thinks that his/her tribe is Jews while other are Arabs or have the belief that his/her tribe is superior to ours (Yoruba) I am sure no Yoruba will bring anything up about the Ibos.

For years we Yoruba who can use the internet had given some ignorant Ibo bigots too much opportunity to get away with murdering our reputations to the outside world.
Read "IGBOS AND LAGOS POLITICS” by Dr Nnaemaka Luke Aneke and "The Battle for Lagos," by Rudolf Okonkwo-who said Lagos does NOT belong to the Yoruba but the Ibo because they Ibos have more investment in Lagos than the Yorubas…Rubbish!

And hear this buffoon:
Olurunsogbon:
you are the son of a prostitute and Idiot that points to his father's house with a left hand. How much did Awolowo a Yoruba leader collect from the Hausas to betray the Igbos during the war? God forbid that an Igboman will risk his life for a Yorubaman. The Igbos is laughing last. I am so happy about this book and let it continue to pain Yorubas till they all perish, who cares!!!
Posted by: chima , on Monday, Punch June 16, 2008
And many more that I have in my archive.

All they wanted to do is to portray Yoruba as a bad race to the outside world. This I think WE Yoruba should not allow them.
I am happy that it has slowed down, seriously slowed down. You hardly see them pouring scorn on Yoruba like they used to be doing, because we have been replying them. So thank God for that.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2009
No longthing,

You make me laugh. Those guys listed on forbes are gamblers who borrowed my money and your money to bolster their businesses. Now we hear DANGOTE will be declaring bankruptcy soon. How much is Otedola and others so called billionaires owing the banks? EFCC and CBN has helped us know who the real millionaires are.

Nevertheless, that is not even the issue here. The issue is about the masses. How many Yoruba masses are out of poverty compared to the Igbo masses? I do not want to argue with you because apparently, you are ignorant
Poverty levels in Nigeria
Igbo 27%
Niger Delta 36%
Yoruba 43%
North 70-95%
Now which population is richer?
This data is here on NL and I might want to dig it up
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2009
CBN report

In a Central Bank of Nigeria document in 2007, then Governor Soludo showed that though most Nigerians are poor, the northern states are more ravaged by poverty. Poverty in Nigeria has a clear northern face as the 10 poorest states in Nigeria are all in the north, with Jigawa State having the terrible record of 95 per cent of its population living in poverty. The Central Bank data also showed that between 1980 and 2004, poverty increased from 13 per cent to 35 per cent of the population of the South-South, 13 per cent to 27 per cent in the South-East, and 13 per cent to 43 per cent in the South-West. Bad as these appalling trends in the south are, the situation in the north is far worse. In the North-Central, poverty ballooned from 36 per cent of the population in 1980, to 72 per cent in 2004. In the North-East, it went from 36 per cent in 1980 to 72 per cent in 2004. For the North-West, the trend was from 38 per cent to 71 per cent. These are frightening trends which have continued unabated. Even The Guardian of August 4, 2009 reported what UNICEF called a 'silent malnutrition emergency' in children in the northern states of Kebbi, Sokoto, Katsina, Kano, Adamawa and Gombe. It is this unrelenting poverty and hopelessness which breeds fanaticism and bigotry like those shown by Boko Haram.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=100809&ptitle=Caught between <I>Boko Haram</I> and 'Governance <I>Haram</I>'
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2009
Do the math, folks

Igbo poverty =27% of the population
Yoruba poverty = 43 % of the population.

That is whooping isn't?

Having one Adenuga or Otedola (crass bank debtor) does not make Yoruba rich. It is how the masses (99.9% of the population) fair that matters
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ile Eru Jailed
By Akin Kuponoyi

A Lagos drug baron, Akindele Kumoluyi a.k.a. Ile-Eru is to spend the next 10 years behind bars.

The sentence was handed down this morning by the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos after the accused drug baron pleaded guilty to two count of criminal charges of importation of illegal drugs, and aiding and abetting a courier to import illegal drugs.

Initially, Akindele, who was standing trial before Justice Tijani Abubakar, pleaded not guilty to charges against him.

However, this morning he changed his plea from not guilty to guilty after the charges were read to him.

In the first charge, Kumoluyi was accused of importing 10 kilogrammes of cocaine while in the second charge, he was accused of aiding Abdul Fatai Olori, to import a consignment of illegal substances from Brazil.

The charge was filed by the NDLEA Director of Prosecution and Legal Practices, Femi Oloruntoba, who urged the court to convict him as charged.

In his plea for leniency, the counsel to the convicted baron, Wahab Shittu, said the court should be lenient because he lost his father during his incarceration.

The counsel said Ile Eru has an aged mother who is over 80 years, and she has been traumatised by this case, adding that the convict has had no contact with his wives and 10 children and that the children’s education has been affected.

Shittu further appealed to the court to be lenient. He cited Mathew 6 : 9, Mark 10 and likened the case of the convicted baron to that of a prodigal son.

In his own reaction, Mr. Oloruntoba told the court that the convict had no previous record of conviction.

In his judgement, Justice Tijani Abubakar said the allocutus of Shittu is unprecedented and asked when he became Pastor and Imam.

Consequently he sentenced the convict to 20 years imprisonment, five years for each count charge, to run concurrently from the day of his arrest.

He has already spent three years in prison.

http://thepmnews.com/article/863
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2009
Oyo, Imo, Ogun, others lead in armed robbery
By Yusuf Alli Published Today News Rating: Unrated
Armed robbery cases are more pronounced in seven of the 36 states, it was learnt yesterday.

The states are Oyo, Imo, Ogun, Kano, Cross River, Rivers and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The crime figures, which are contained in the 2008 Report of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), are based on cases reported to the police as at the end of 2007.

The breakdown of the armed robbery cases in the seven states, as at 2007 ending, is as follows: Oyo (224); FCT (172); Imo (176); Rivers (145); Cross River (137); Kano (108); and Ogun (107).

But while Lagos State recorded a drastic fall in armed robbery cases from 300 to 70, eight states had less than 28 armed robbery incidents.

The states are: Gombe(27); Benue(27); Plateau(26); Kwara(25); Sokoto(24); Jigawa(16); Kebbi(20); and Yobe(20).

The ratings of others are: Abia(89); Adamawa(96); Akwa Ibom(88); Anambra(96); Bauchi(41); Bayelsa(52); Borno(41); Delta(63); Ebonyi(51); and Edo(79).

Others are Ekiti(85); Kaduna(40); Katsina(31); Kogi(41); Nasarawa(36); Niger(32); Ondo(58); Osun(51); Taraba(80);

Although it could not be ascertained why the 2007 figure for Enugu State was not listed, a source said: "we had 44 cases for the state as at 2006."

The source in the NBS, who spoke in confidence with The Nation, said the figures are "the current official records/data which any institution or person could work with."

"We based our statistics on the five-year data provided by the Nigeria Police Force and the period in question had covered 2003 to 2007 for comparison. But the latest figure will be that of 2007 which we have produced as a report that is already in circulation in government and public.

"We got far-reaching statistics from the police including the numbers of persons arrested; those prosecuted for robbery; suspects awaiting trial; civilians killed by armed robbers; armed robbers killed by the police; the injured robbers; and cases pending investigation.

"The statistics is not meant to ridicule any state but it will assist those with high crime rates to improve on their security network. For the police in particular, it would allow them to take stock and strengthen their operation in flash-points," the source added.

The report said: "The Data on public order are sourced from the Nigeria Police Force. They cover crimes, road accident cases and casualties, armed robbery cases and involvement, vehicles stolen and recovered, court cases, juvenile cases and bank frauds."

The report identified Jigawa and Kogi states as the least poor states. Others are Kebbi, Kwara, Yobe and Bauchi.

It states: "The poverty incidence by state reveals the differences in the well-being of the people across the states.

"For example, Jigawa has the highest poverty incidence (91 per cent), while Oyo State has the lowest (21 per cent). In addition, the first 11 states with the highest poverty incidence are from the North. As for the depth and severity, Kogi ranks highest, while Oyo has the lowest.

"The likely reasons for high poverty levels in Jigawa and Kogi are heavy reliance on agriculture, high level of unemployment and low level of human capital development.

"On the other hand, the low poverty incidence recorded for Oyo is basically from the lower cost of living when compared to other states of the country. Food prices, transportation fares and accommodation rents are relatively low in Oyo State, including Ibadan, the capital."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/8965/1/Oyo-Imo-Ogun-others-lead-in-armed-robbery/Page1.html
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2009
^^^^^^
Further anlysis of armed robbery as per above data

Igbo states
Abia = 89
Anambra = 96
Ebonyi = 51
Imo = 176
Enugu = 40
Total = 296

Yoruba states
Oyo = 224
Ogun = 107
Ekiti = 85
Ondo = 58
Osun = 51
Lagos = 70
Total = 598
Conclusions: Yorubas are FAR more into armed robbery than igbos
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by OPCman: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2009
mekuslogan:

Do the math, folks
Igbo poverty =27% of the population
Yoruba poverty = 43 % of the population.
That is whooping isn't?
Having one Adenuga or Otedola (crass bank debtor) does not make Yoruba rich. It is how the masses (99.9% of the population) fair that matters

grin
OK,  we don hear. But please dig out the source. Let us know who said it and the yardstick they used to determine poverty to have said Yoruba poverty level is 43% while Ibo is 27%
And how about other tribes in Nigerdelta- what is the level of their poverty.

In conclusion, if it comes to this, does it not mean that Yoruba are killing themselves with their magnanimity towards the Ibo and other tribes. I think everybody should go back to it's tent. All these jobs being occupied by the Ibos can be taken up by the Yoruba. House shortages will be eased- let Ibo who want to trade with Yoruba be coming to Lagos on from their villages on daily basis.

I know all along that Nigeria is sitting on the gun powder which if explodes it will consume the whole of Nigeria and the whole of West Africa.

I spoke with a Ghanian poltician recently and he said many WestAfrican countries have been having this fear that Nigeria will definitely break up and have been making contigency plan on how to deal with the influx of refugees from the country.

A pity those silly Yoruba bastards in PDP because they and their family will suffer for what they are putting Yoruba through.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ekiti is highest producer of hemp in Nigeria  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://current.com/items/89110611_africa-ndlea-rates-ekiti-high-on-marijuana.htm

VICTOR OGUNJE, ADO EKITI

EKITI State Command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has rated the state as a leading producer of Marijuana a.k.a. Indian hemp on the African continent.

The Agency also threatened to prosecute any landlord who fails to monitor his tenants’ means of livelihood.

NDLEA also revealed that a landlord was now helping it to trace the whereabouts of his tenant who allegedly stocked 34kg of Indian hemp at the popular Fayose market, located at the Ajilosun area of Ado Ekiti.

The Command had also launched a manhunt for one Bunmi Adeleye, who was said to have fled after being caught with 2.2kg of substance suspected to be a dangerous weed

Making the disclosures yesterday in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, the state Commander of the anti-drug body, Mr Ben Ikani had declared that the largest seizure which was discovered in the state last April had made the state to be recognized by the United Nations Anti- drug department as one of the areas vulnerable to drug abuse

Operatives of the NDLEA had made a landmark record, through the seizure and destruction of substances suspected to be Indian hemp, worth N84million by conservative estimation of the Agency.

Ikane disclosed the Agency would be collaborating with the state government on the need to sensitize the public to reduce the scourge of drug abuse in the state, even as he solicited for useful information that would enable the Agency to be more efficient in its duties

According to him "We are in dire need of information because we need it to perform. We are not magicians, so we can only nab the perpetrators of this dastardly act if we have useful information from people.

"Though, a lot of programmes are on Radio and Television to get the people acquainted with the evils behind drug abuse and bad name attached to it. So, I assure, no efforts would be spared to make the state Drug free", he said

On the warning to the landlords to be wary of the activities of their tenants, Ikani disclosed that the law establishing the Agency empowered it to prosecute a landlord as an accomplice if he fails to promptly report the activities of his tenant.

Ikani said those now at large could not be declared wanted at present, clarifying that such order must come from the Headquarters of the Agency in Abuja.

He said, the culprit, Adeleye, who had escaped had not been arrested when he had fled, saying he managed to escape when his men had laid an ambush for him during a night operation

On the success recorded by the Agency in its efforts to rehabilitate some victims of drug abuse, the Commandant revealed that no fewer that four persons had been rehabilitated and some were still receiving treatment to bring them to normal life.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
OPCMAN
The data is looking at you
from CBN, WHO, UNDP NDDC, federal office of statistics etc the story is the same
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2009
mekuslogan:

^^^^^^
Further anlysis of armed robbery as per above data

Igbo states
Abia = 89
Anambra = 96
Ebonyi = 51
Imo = 176
Enugu = 40
Total = 296

Yoruba states
Oyo = 224
Ogun = 107
Ekiti = 85
Ondo = 58
Osun = 51
Lagos = 70
Total = 598
Conclusions: Yorubas are FAR more into armed robbery than igbos

You are very foolish. Do you have any evidence that an armed robbery in Yorubaland is perpetrated by only Yorubas?. Are you telling me there are no igbo and hausa armed robbers in Ibadan or lagos?. I still remember of a yoruba armed robber that made people in the east tremble during early 90's. he was later captured and was shot in public. What if somebody brings up that issue and accuse igbos of his crimes?. You guys needs to quit tribalism so that a sense of logic can be reinstalled in your brain.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You are very foolish. Do you have any evidence that an armed robbery in Yorubaland is perpetrated by only Yorubas?. Are you telling me there are no igbo and hausa armed robbers in Ibadan or lagos?. I still remember of a yoruba armed robber that made people in the east tremble during early 90's. he was later captured and was shot in public. What if somebody brings up that issue and accuse igbos of his crimes?. You guys needs to quit tribalism so that a sense of logic can be reinstalled in your brain.

Incompetent nincompoop,

OPCMAN wanted data and I presented one to him. Base on you warped logic, how are we sure that the Yorubas in the east are not armed robbers as well?
At least the greatest known robbers in Nigeria: Oyenusi (Yoruba) Aneni (Edo) Shina Rambo (Yoruba) are not Igbos
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2009
lol dont do the math  cause it goes by states, regions not by tribe.
You are using information to bash Lagos when previously you said igbos are 40% of Lagos population.
Of course poverty in SW increased when there's an overwhelmingly amount of migration from all over Nigeria (the west is more hospitable). The study was done by region so those igbos in Lagos are part of what effected the increase of pverty in the SW.
As population increases from outside migration in an area so does poverty and criminals practices. DUH
Lol population in the SE is probably the smallest in Nigeria, so its expected to have less poverty(but i still dont know why everyones kidnapping) from your fact you posted

lol its funny how you dont add Rivers to your list of armed robbers when you people said 80% of it is igbo or whatever and it was among the highest in the country. hypocrites

Nigerians love to use reports made by the Government, they believe it when it favors them and call it a lie when it doesn't. What about the report from the igbo senator that said igbo birth rate is on decline, maybe hes telling the truth since you believe this cbn is accurate and true.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2009
mekuslogan:

Incompetent nincompoop,

OPCMAN wanted data and I presented one to him. Base on you warped logic, how are we sure that the Yorubas in the east are not armed robbers as well?
At least the greatest known robbers in Nigeria: Oyenusi (Yoruba) Aneni (Edo) Shina Rambo (Yoruba) are not Igbos

It's Anini and not Anenih. Anenih is the PDP robber. Isn't that what I said before?. Crime rate does not necessarily follow with the tribe resident in the area. Just like you cited above, it also follows that the high robbery rate in Ibadan could be perpetrated by igbos or Hausas.One good thing about armed robbers is that they are not tribalists.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2009
Attached is Punch (Yoruba newspaper) analysis of poverty level in Nigeria as at 2003

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by AloyEmeka6: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2009
Stop posting unreadable articles here.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
Download it and resize it to suit your eyes
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 6:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol dont do the math  cause it goes by states, regions not by tribe.
You are using information to bash Lagos when previously you said igbos are 40% of Lagos population.
Of course poverty in SW increased when there's an overwhelmingly amount of migration from all over Nigeria (the west is more hospitable). The study was done by region so those igbos in Lagos are part of what effected the increase of pverty in the SW.
As population increases from outside migration in an area so does poverty and criminals practices. DUH
Lol population in the SE is probably the smallest in Nigeria, so its expected to have less poverty(but i still dont know why everyones kidnapping) from your fact you posted

lol its funny how you dont add Rivers to your list of armed robbers when you people said 80% of it is igbo or whatever and it was among the highest in the country. hypocrites

Nigerians love to use reports made by the Government, they believe it when it favors them and call it a lie when it doesn't. What about the report from the igbo senator that said igbo birth rate is on decline, maybe hes telling the truth since you believe this cbn is accurate and true.

If we add Rivers to Igbo, then we add Kwara, Kogi, Benin Republic and Togo to Yoruba list. The Igbo senator did not conduct any scientific survey on the birth rate. CBN, WHO, UNDP and FOS conducted scientific surveys on poverty rate. That is the differece, buddy
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by nolongTing: 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2009
OPCman:

Thank you brother
Each time I meet/see my like-minded Yoruba people I am always happy.
What we are doing here has got nothing to do with hate of Ibo people or being tribalistic; it's just a matter of knowing about each other or correcting the impression we have about our ethnic groups.

Thats right my brother, I second that grin grin grin grin I am suprised about the amount of hatred for Yoruba people! I mean no ethnic group is perfect but I think in Nigeria we have done so much for the countrys image and prosperity.  So it can only boil down to jealousy OR lack of knowledge about each other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

President Buhari Prayed For Nigeria In Medina (photos) / Lagos LG Election: Protest Over Ballot Papers Found In Bus At Agege / Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.