Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,756 members, 7,885,999 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (10517 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Outstrip(f): 1:23am On Oct 28, 2009
She has a baby. 15,000.00 ke? How much does he make because the baby alone will need more than half of that for the month. If the man makes enough money I will suggest you cook his soup without salt and any meat and then tell him you ran out of money before you could buy the salt or meat
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by dylan1ng(m): 3:14am On Oct 28, 2009
how can it be ok ! its like u visited dis country from d moon.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by calcal: 3:14am On Oct 28, 2009
@poster,

Get a joint account, both paychecks direct to the account, plan together, case solve. just don't push him to push drug.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by samnaija: 3:22am On Oct 28, 2009
my advice to poster, there are enough single ladies in this forum that do not know the  inner workings of a marriage. most of them have this fickle imagination that its about all expense on my husband becos i be woman. i pity them, if they happen by chance 2 find mugu that will marry them am sure the man go die prematurely. if ur husband is contributing to other thing around the bills, transport etc, apart from the 15000. the man try. God will strenghthen u , assist what u can. he is ur husband, best of luck
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by bawomolo(m): 3:38am On Oct 28, 2009
vanitty:

^ isn't that what she wrote she does? supplement with her own money?
Equality or not is not the issue here,  the issue is that the husband thinks the 15 000 is  enough, he thinks all the mouth-watering food he eats is as the result of his 15 000 and oh not forgettin the baby as well

if she can supplement the allowance, what's the big deal?

marriage is a partnership and that's the sacrifices you have to make.

the issue is that the husband thinks the 15 000 is  enough

or maybe that's what he can afford for now.  the point of a two income household is both sides contributing.

you ladies need to get this man is the provider thought out of your freaking head.  Two income household, two contributors !!!!!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Sissy3(f): 4:36am On Oct 28, 2009
my dear, manage it and if possible supplement it with your money if you're working. not every-woman gets that amount every month and they still manage to get by. so, if you cant manage and unwilling to supplement with your money, you may want to maybe keep a monthly budget of how you spend the money and calmly bring it to his attention, so that hes aware of it, if hes able to top it good, if not then you have to find ways to cut down your expenses, i know things are costly these days but learn to manage and budget properly if you can.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by inze(m): 5:05am On Oct 28, 2009
@all

abeg make una no 'cloud' person wife mind oh. . . . .
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 28, 2009
bawomolo:

if she can supplement the allowance, what's the big deal?

marriage is a partnership and that's the sacrifices you have to make.

or maybe that's what he can afford for now.  the point of a two income household is both sides contributing.

you ladies need to get this man is the provider thought out of your freaking head.  Two income household, two contributors !!!!!

as far as i can see - the only thing the wife is contributing to is 'housekeeping'

her husband also needs to sit her down and give her a breakdown of all the expenses he is paying for

let me reiterate

who pays the nanny/maid/driver?
who is paying the rent?
who is fueling the car and generator?
who is paying for dstv
who is paying for baby clothes and feeding(which is distinct from feeding)
who is paying for cooking gas, detergent, etc(the woman said food, not house maintenance)
who pulls out the wallet when the tv malfunctions, when the generator stops working?

maybe if the husband came online with a list of all the expenses he covers without any of this whining about not being appreciated,

anyway, what should one expect?

your typical nigerian woman is looking for a patriach, not a companion  tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 28, 2009
If its not enough, simply find something to accumulate money. Like selling rice, puff puff or akara.
Dnt be depending on him like that cuz he'll see it as your weakness.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by r231(m): 7:22am On Oct 28, 2009
FL Gators:

If its not enough, simply find something to accumulate money. Like selling rice, puff puff or akara.
Dnt be depending on him like that cuz he'll see it as your weakness.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by smasher1(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2009
If its not enough, resign. Dont ask people on the forum. You were not coerced into it.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by touchmeder: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2009
I cringe to think that the poster might be living in Lagos
contributing to the money the way you are doing is in order seeing that you are working yourself
my only problem is that THE MAN NEEDS TO REALIZE IT IS NOT ENOUGH, AND APPRECIATE THE POSTER'S CONTRIBUTION. end of story
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by vanitty: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2009
@ Bawolomo
seems you didn't read the lady's post well, she has no problem with supplementing, she just want to be appreciated
I am sure she does all the appropriate ooh ha business when given the money, let him appreciate her as well
If you don't get that, then there really isn't no point angry smiley

touchmeder:

my only problem is that THE MAN NEEDS TO REALIZE IT IS NOT ENOUGH, AND APPRECIATE THE POSTER'S CONTRIBUTION. end of story

End off!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by emiemi(f): 8:44am On Oct 28, 2009
yinka4love:

Thanks 4 all your advice.Uju dat was really rude u knw,i knw u r not married n i hope u dont take those abusive words to your husbands house cos u wont last. I really appreciate every other persons comment.

I'm glad you have gotten some reasonable advise. I wish you luck in your dealings wiv your hubby.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Biatide1: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2009
[quote][/quote]

who pays the nanny/maid/driver?
who is paying the rent?
who is fueling the car and generator?
who is paying for dstv
who is paying for baby clothes and feeding(which is distinct from feeding)
who is paying for cooking gas, detergent, etc(the woman said food, not house maintenance)
who pulls out the wallet when the tv malfunctions, when the generator stops working?

A man that can afford a driver and nanny, even dstv obviously lives in opulence and as such wouldnt give a woman N15k for housekeeping, pls think before posting
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2009
^^^^^

when you get marrie and are responsible for a family , come back and open your mouth about opulence tongue

all these unmarried children still living under daddy's roof who have no idea what their parents go through to give them all the amenities they take for granted tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Biatide1: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2009
@ oyb

obviously u didnt get my point, i was quoting somebody who listed all the responsibilities of the man , which includes paying nanny, driver, dstv , and i went on to say that a man who can afford all that , is obviously a richman and will not give a wife just N15k for housekeeping
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Chiaka(f): 9:18am On Oct 28, 2009
Nicely tell him to try run the home himself for a month without giving you the money. He should do all the shopping himself. Experience is the best teacher!!!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2009
Biati de 1:

@ oyb

obviously u didnt get my point, i was quoting somebody who listed all the responsibilities of the man , which includes paying nanny, driver, dstv , and i went on to say that a man who can afford all that , is obviously a richman and will not give a wife just N15k for housekeeping

you quoted me

i pay for nanny, dstv, fuel for gen and car, general maintenance, housekeeping, baby stuff, random bills and my wife also complains that the housekeeping money is not enough. and i most definitely am not 'rich' capishe?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2009
Chiaka:

Nicely tell him to try run the home himself for a month without giving you the money. He should do all the shopping himself. Experience is the best teacher!!!

Whats the big deal in running a home self cheesy I am running my own home right now 100 percent. smiley
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nezan(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2009
@OP; You wan kill the man? I no sure say you be good wife sef . . . see how you come dey expose the man for NL.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Flakky26(f): 10:45am On Oct 28, 2009
@ poster,

let me begin by asking you how you tell him about the money for the house keep not being enough,do you do it politely or the other way round?'cos the truth of the matter is that men have their ego.So whatever you do that tends to infringe on their ego does not augur well with them.My advice is that you discuss with him in a gentle and submissive manner preferably in a loving and peaceful atmosphere.If he still doesn't hear, just let him be and continue on how you have been doing,and with God on your side you will pull through.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 28, 2009
oyb:

you quoted me

i pay for nanny, dstv, fuel for gen and car, general maintenance, housekeeping, baby stuff, random bills and my wife also complains that the housekeeping money is not enough. and i most definitely am not 'rich' capishe?

No wonder you were seriously defending the man! I can see you are one of dem under-providers! lol.   grin  grin  tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by collinsfbi(m): 11:14am On Oct 28, 2009
Anyway, I salute u all for ur contribution both good and bad ones, One thing I know is that for a man
to give his wife 15k for house keeping (Just 3 people) is not bad depending on his income, I want u all to know that apart from house keeping there are millions of expenses d man will still face e.g. lets assume d man is earning
60k in a month, 20k goes for transport in a month, 15k for house keeping, 10k for house rent, 10k taking care of his family in general,
5k NEPA BILL / GENERATOR (FUEL) & OTHER COMMUNITY BILLS, 5K DRESSING FOR HIMSEF, 3K CHILDREN SCHOOL FEES AND OTHERS

NEVER FORGET THAT THE MAN MUST PLAN TO BUILD HIS OWN HOUSE, BUY HIS OWN CAR etc, where do u expect d man to get the remaining balance
and all women must take note of this: WHENEVER ANY OF YOUR RELATIVE / VISITOR COMES AROUND THE MAN WILL BE THE ONE TO SHOULDER 80% OF THE EXPENSES INCURE THERE also
YOU WOMEN HAVE MORE MEANS OF GENERATING MONEY THAN MEN, E.G. Whenever my Uncle or friend comes around to see me, they do give my wife some cash which I never know the actual amount
after I have dropped money to entertained the guest and if you ask woman to bring the money u know what ur reply look like, so POSTER I will advise u consider the man and for a better future,
Abi u no wan make ur husband build his own house and buy u a nice car, ? think twice.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

No wonder you were seriously defending the man! I can see you are one of dem under-providers! lol.   grin  grin  tongue

yes now - i no be billionaire bank debtor like ya under 30 bobo with 2009 luxury suvs, landed propoerties, shares in stock market - i'm just a struggling guy speaking up for responsible struggling men out there  tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 28, 2009
!
collinsfbi:

Anyway, I salute u all for your contribution both good and bad ones, One thing I know is that for a man
to give his wife 15k for house keeping (Just 3 people) is not bad depending on his income, I want u all to know that apart from house keeping there are millions of expenses d man will still face e.g. lets assume d man is earning
60k in a month, 20k goes for transport in a month, 15k for house keeping, 10k for house rent, 10k taking care of his family in general,
5k NEPA BILL / GENERATOR (FUEL) & OTHER COMMUNITY BILLS, 5K DRESSING FOR HIMSEF, 3K CHILDREN SCHOOL FEES AND OTHERS

NEVER FORGET THAT THE MAN MUST PLAN TO BUILD HIS OWN HOUSE, BUY HIS OWN CAR etc, where do u expect d man to get the remaining balance
and all women must take note of this: WHENEVER ANY OF YOUR RELATIVE / VISITOR COMES AROUND THE MAN WILL BE THE ONE TO SHOULDER 80% OF THE EXPENSES INCURE THERE also
YOU WOMEN HAVE MORE MEANS OF GENERATING MONEY THAN MEN, E.G. Whenever my Uncle or friend comes around to see me, they do give my wife some cash which I never know the actual amount
after I have dropped money to entertained the guest and if you ask woman to bring the money u know what your reply look like, so POSTER I will advise u consider the man and for a better future,
Abi u no wan make your husband build his own house and buy u a nice car, ? think twice.

Please, your argument is baseless.

There is nothing a man does (build a house or buy a car) that the woman dosent contribute to!! Nobody's saying the man has to bring everything, but he shouldnt insist 15k is enough, because it's not!!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

!
Please, your argument is baseless.

There is nothing a man does (build a house or buy a car) that the woman dosent contribute to!! Nobody's saying the man has to bring everything, but he shouldnt insist 15k is enough, because it's not!!

perhaps he should go and embezzle/steal money then tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2009
oyb:

yes now - i no be bank debtor like ya under 30 bobo with 2009 luxury suvs, landed propoerties, shares in stock market - i'm just a struggling guy speaking up for responsible struggling men out there tongue

I hear you oh . . . any rich under-30 guy must be a bank debtor! Is that like the litany of the broke?

Listen man, I'm not dissin you or anything. I do admire young men like you who are willing to take up responsibilities and work hard to make ends meet; I hear they make the nest hubbys (even dou I have my doubts).

What I dont like is men trying to take advantage of the fact that women are under them. If the thing hard too much, take over the housekeeping yourself na! Haba!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 28, 2009
oyb:

perhaps he should go and embezzle/steal money then tongue

I know you are married with at least a kid. Are you seriouly saying that 15k is enof for housekeeping for a month. Please mark the key word - Enof!

Let's not go into how wealthy he is or what other expenses he makes or how much the woman makes. Do you really think 15k is enough. Maybe I'm being unecessarily extravargant without knowing! undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by r231(m): 11:40am On Oct 28, 2009
lets be sincere I don't think its too much for the woman to add money to what her hubby is giving her if she is working as well come on now i can understand if she doesn't have a job
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 11:42am On Oct 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

I know you are married with at least a kid. Are you seriouly saying that 15k is enof for housekeeping for a month. Please mark the key word - Enof!

Let's not go into how wealthy he is or what other expenses he makes or how much the woman makes. Do you really think 15k is enough. Maybe I'm being unecessarily extravargant without knowing!  undecided

Those things you are leaving out are a important in other  to determine if 15k is enof.

Ujujoan:

I hear you oh . . . any rich under-30 guy must be a bank debtor! Is that like the litany of the broke?

Listen man, I'm not dissin you or anything. I do admire young men like you who are willing to take up responsibilities and work hard to make ends meet; I hear they make the nest hubbys (even dou I have my doubts).

What I dont like is men trying to take advantage of the fact that women are under them. If the thing hard too much, take over the housekeeping yourself na! Haba!

I have asked a lady this question and no reply so make i ask you too  grin

What is so special about house keeping that you ladies always shove it on our face all the time?  cheesy is it not just to  grin No let me mis yarn ooooo smiley
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2009
r231:

lets be sincere I don't think its too much for the woman to add money to what her hubby is giving her if she is working as well come on now i can understand if she doesn't have a job

No, it's not. But at least the man should acknowledge she's making input and not claim the amount he's bringing is enough!!

Pharoh:

Those things you are leaving out are a important in other  to determine if 15k is enof.

I have asked a lady this question and no reply so make i ask you too  grin

What is so special about house keeping that you ladies always shove it on our face all the time?  cheesy is it not just to  grin No let me mis yarn ooooo smiley

I'm not undermining their importance. I just want to establish first of all if it's enough or not. It could be that those other expenses are the resaon why he cannot bring more than that. That is a very good reason. But then he has to acknoledge it. Not say it's enough when it's not.

My dear, housekepin in not  a big deal oh. But try cookin a pot of stew and a pot of soup with 2k. That's impossible with the cost of things these days. But trust me, that's what a housekeeping budget of 15k a month will give you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Here Again / Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.