Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,882 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) (35519 Views)

Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission / Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding / Kano Hisbah Abducts 31 Young Christian Girls Claiming They Were Prost1tutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Proceeds of the sale of beer? Do you even have any idea how VAT is generated from the sell of alcohol? Most of you are just good in yapping nonsense even when you don't have the slightest idea about what you are saying.

There is absolutely no society that is free from bad eggs. People abused drugs doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing. Of course when you are caught abusing drugs, the state anti- drugs institutions deal with such person.

You think taking alcohol is good doesn't necessarily mean kano people love it. Stay on your lane and mind your business. Nobody in kano will raise any shoulder if the people in your state choose to sleep in alcohol.
And who said taking alcohol is good for the health.
Is sugar good for the health, yet people take sugar.
What we are against is sharing from Alcohol generated Vat while you destroy alcohol.
For your info we are not fools, maybe you need to read more to diffrenciate Vat from sales tax.
While you are at it tell your Govt to stop being hypocritical.
National law transcends state laws and laws are not meant to be selective.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by IamOdin: 8:18am On Nov 01, 2016
damilola8775:
c'mon man u've taken dis stuff a bit personal,if they decide to hv it lyk dat jez allow dem...moreover da issue of da prophet marrying a twelve yrs old girl,try to get da fact pls,u dnt nid to speak rubbish looking intelligent,read wide nd u will understand arabs mature faster nd their menstrual cycle begins earlier which spurs dem to venture into marriage earlier..hre in Nigeria also,we've seen and heard of girls nt more than 8 or 9 getting pregnant,so that is done in order to curb any kind of fornication dat might surface due to da sexual urge...read wide nd u will understand tins!

YEYE DEY SMELL.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by damilola8775(m): 8:18am On Nov 01, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
[s][/s]

potential Pedophile
u might thank me later,at least i've made u realize that u wrote down wot u hear,read bro nd u will knw facts...
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Jamesmatic(m): 8:22am On Nov 01, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
undecided primitive animals living in the 15th century. They see nothing wrong in kidnapping and forcefully marrying a 12 year old girl since their prophet did the same but they can seize and destroy beers meant for adults drinking at their discretion. Bunch of rag head hypocrites. May God punish lord luggard for merging the south with rag head islamists living in the past
E pain am...

1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by pacino26(m): 8:22am On Nov 01, 2016
Yet someone is asking Fayose's Anti malu not to act. Southerns are really gullible and Enugu is at the fore front.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2016
yomalex:
when was Jaiz bank granted licence to operate in Nigeria?
I don't really understand the second part but when individuals buy products the price is inclusive of VAT
So jaiz bank is the only Islamic institution you know of in Nigeria? I bet you have never heard something like lotus. I don't know why you guys are acting as if 'southern states' are the only states that consume alcohol in Nigeria. Benue, kogi, taraba, plateau, nassarawa etc are also states in Nigeria. And the last time I checked, these states don't have sharia laws in their respective states.

Anyway your silly alcohol VAT is ridiculous, because there are still many Muslims out there that consume alcohol even though Islam frowns at it. Like I have stated earlier, most of you here are ignorant and arguing with you will always be a waste of time.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

And who said taking alcohol is good for the health.
Is sugar good for the health, yet people take sugar.
What we are against is sharing from Alcohol generated Vat while you destroy alcohol.
For your info we are not fools, maybe you need to read more to diffrenciate Vat from sales tax.
While you are at it tell your Govt to stop being hypocritical.
National law transcends state laws and laws are not meant to be selective.
What do you mean by sharing from the alcohol generated vat? Are 'southern states' the only states in Nigeria that consumes alcoholic products? And how did you even know how this 'alcohol generated vat' are shared between states?

So should other northern states start protesting about the VAT being made from hajj pilgrims, which is been equally 'shared' with the southern states? What about the vat that is been generated from Islamic products that usually enters the country on a daily basis while some are made here in Nigeria, Since in your myopic mind you think alcohol intake is the sole right of only 'southern states' and any proceeds generated from there should be shared by only southern states.

You guys are just funny.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 8:55am On Nov 01, 2016
IamOdin:

But i don't think WE are against the ja'iz bank' and other islamic institutions operations, or are we??

And it's obvious u don't know how taxation works.
Thank God you said you don't 'think'. Now this is a good thing. So please go back and see the people crying to high heavens when jaiz bank was to be launched in Nigeria.

You are the one that doesn't know how taxation works since you ignorantly believed that any proceeds that is generated from alcoholic products should only be shared by 'alcoholic consuming states'.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by yomalex(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
So jaiz bank is the only Islamic institution you know of in Nigeria? I bet you have never heard something like lotus. I don't know why you guys are acting as if 'southern states' are the only states that consume alcohol in Nigeria. Benue, kogi, taraba, plateau, nassarawa etc are also states in Nigeria. And the last time I checked, these states don't have sharia laws in their respective states.

Anyway your silly alcohol VAT is ridiculous, because there are still many Muslims out there that consume alcohol even though Islam frowns at it. Like I have stated earlier, most of you here are ignorant and arguing with you will always be a waste of time.
it seems you missed the point of the discussion because that's what i see this as. Jaiz to the best of my knowledge(I stand to be corrected) is not up to 10 years compared to VAT collection from beer (remember you raised the point of jaiz ) yes 'southern states' are not the only one's that consume alchohol but we are particular about one that confiscates and destroys same and yet has no problem taking VAT collected from it. Why don't you just marshall your points instead of the bolded parts? Thanks

12 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
What do you mean by sharing from the alcohol generated vat? Are 'southern states' the only states that alcoholic products are consumed in Nigeria? And how did you even know how this 'alcohol generated vat' are shared between states?

So should other northern states start protesting about the VAT being made from hajj pilgrims, which is been equally 'shared' with the southern states? What about the vat that is been generated from Islamic products that usually enters the country on a daily basis while some are made here in Nigeria, Since in your myopic mind you think alcohol intake is the sole right of only 'southern states' and any proceeds generated from there should be shared by only southern states.

You guys are just funny.
Am fully convinced, you have no idea how , vat is generated.
We are not complaining about your haij, so we are not hypocritical about sharing the VAT from it, my gross is that haij or Jerusalem pilgrimage should not be sponsored from federal govt purse as it adds nothing meaningful to the nation.
Also who said its only southern states that generate alcohol VAT, any other states that destroys alcoholic products, but shares from revenue generated from alcohol generated production or sales is a hypocrite that deserves condemnation.
You can simply ask the accountant general of the federation. Keep us out of the sharing formula for alcohol related proceeds.
Shikenna.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by NafeesaAA(f): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2016
The same people condemning Kano action are the same people hailing Fayose for banning Cattle rearing in Ekiti state and slaughtering Fulani cattle

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 01, 2016
NafeesaAA:
The same people condemning Kano action are the same people hailing Fayose for banning Cattle rearing in Ekiti state and slaughtering Fulani cattle
Yeah true, those alcoholic drinks deserve every reason to be destroyed as they have made themselves such menace to their host community, killing and maiming people without remorse. : angry

Alcohol should remain banned in the north.

fiizznation:
What do you mean by sharing from the alcohol generated vat? Are 'southern states' the only states in Nigeria that consumes alcoholic products? And how did you even know how this 'alcohol generated vat' are shared between states?
You guys are just funny.

Dude just save it. You are sounding more ridiculous with every new comment you make here.
It is quite obvious you are clueless about how tax works in this country.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 9:15am On Nov 01, 2016
yomalex:
it seems you missed the point of the discussion because that's what i see this as. Jaiz to the best of my knowledge(I stand to be corrected) is not up to 10 years compared to VAT collection from beer (remember you raised the point of jaiz ) yes 'southern states' are not the only one's that consume alchohol but we are particular about one that confiscates and destroys same and yet has no problem taking VAT collected from it. Why don't you just marshall your points instead of the bolded parts? Thanks
Even though kano state is destroying this alcoholic products because it practices sharia law, southern states are still not the only states that consume alcohol in Nigeria. There are many Muslims out there that still consumed alcohol even though is against the tenets of Islam.

Nigeria still have the highest numbers of pilgrims to Makkah in sub Saharan Africa, and the northern states contributes most of these pilgrims. Proceeds are made from these pilgrims and at the end of the day, everything goes into the federation account. And I haven't seen any northern state that is making a fuss about this even though the proceedings are 'shared' by every state

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by limeta(f): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2016
yr voice is loud here but still shout one nigeria.
you hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Am fully convinced, you have no idea how , vat is generated.
We are not complaining about your haij, so we are not hypocritical about sharing the VAT from it, my gross is that haij or Jerusalem pilgrimage should not be sponsored from federal govt purse as it adds nothing meaningful to the nation.
Also who said its only southern states that generate alcohol VAT, any other states that destroys alcoholic products, but shares from revenue generated from alcohol generated production or sales is a hypocrite that deserves condemnation.
You can simply ask the accountant general of the federation. Keep us out of the sharing formula for alcohol related proceeds.
Shikenna.
Look at this hypocrite. Were you not the same people that were condemning Islamic banking in Nigeria? What were you calling it again? My friend tell me another 'tale by moonlight'. And don't you dare compare you nonexistent Jerusalem pilgrimage to that of hajj pilgrimage. We know the one that generates funds for the FG and we also know the one that don't generate anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by SuperS1Panther: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2016
NafeesaAA:

Because herdsmen that are majorly of Fulani extractions are rapists murderers arsonists , brigands.

We have never seen you condemn the nefarious activities of those primitive and barbaric herdsmen. Condemn evil for once.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Even though kano state is destroying this alcoholic products because it practices sharia law, southern states are still not the only states that consume alcohol in Nigeria. There are many Muslims out there that still consumed alcohol even though is against the tenets of Islam.

Nigeria still have the highest numbers of pilgrims to Makkah in sub Saharan Africa, and the northern states contributes most of these pilgrims. Proceeds are made from these pilgrims and at the end of the day, everything goes into the federation account. And I haven't seen any northern state that is making a fuss about this even though the proceedings are 'shared' by every state

What proceeds from pilgrims have you been yapping about since bro? You mean the same subsidized proceeds by the federal government depleting the national purse is that one thing you can openly brag about as the North's contribution to the country's coffers? Nigga puleeze

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by ObikeNkem: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2016
What is the meaning of ''Sharia practising state?'' the only law we recognize in Nigeria is the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, take your Sharia bullcrap to Saudi Arabia. You Northern hordes are bloody hypocrites! You have your own exclusive laws and practises but you take offence when we in the South demand for regionalism and resource control. Sharing the same nationality with you primitive beings saddens my heart daily
fiizznation:
Yeah good. Islam strongly frown at alcohol intake, besides kano is a sharia practicing state. We don't need all that nonsense in our state.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 01, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Bujumbura(m): 9:49am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Yeah good. Islam strongly frown at alcohol intake, besides kano is a sharia practicing state. We don't need all that nonsense in our state.
Islam can be funny

11 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by jayriginal: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2016
soberdrunk:
Mogbe!!! See genocide!!! Why!!!?? Why!!! cry cry cry cry cry

Ethnic
Bottle Cleansing!

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Hades2016(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Why this people da do like this na , see as them da spoil better drink cry cry
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by agabaI23(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
............. and the state is sharing out of VAT generated from booze? Hypocrisy at it's best.

Miyette Allah of herdsmen, if Kano can have hisbah police, Ekiti too has the right to have Herdsmen Brigade and other states can have any form of security outfit to rid their states of crimes and social ills.

The same hypocritical people did not see anything bad in kidnapping girls and forcefully marrying them.
You took it from my mouth. Lemme see anyone who will complain against Fayose.
Nonsense!!

7 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2016
LastMumu:

What proceeds from pilgrims have you been yapping about since bro? You mean the same subsidized proceeds by the federal government depleting the national purse is that one thing you can openly brag about aa the North's contribution to the country's coffers? Nigga puleeze
Are you drunk or what? Who is talking about any contribution to country's coffers here? Some people here wants everybody to believe that VAT from alcohol is only gotten from 'southern states', so the north shouldn't benefit from it since it's destroying alcoholic products. States in the north central and northeast don't practice sharia law, some Muslims out there still consume alcohol, even in kano state there are still many places that alcohol is consumed.

And you must be very ignorant if you think government officials don't squeeze hajj pilgrims over payment of vat
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by neocortex: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2016
Kidnapping and impregnating minors is not haram
but innocent beer bottles are.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by malton: 9:53am On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:

People like you who know better should be propagating tolerance, not narrow-mindedness.

Nigeria is first a secular state before anything else. That should mean something to you, especially as you claim to uphold the oneness of the country than most.

A person who consumes alcohol isn't more sinful than those who do slow and sniff all sorts of things.

Don't even try to act as though thou art the holiest.

Live and lets live.

I'm sure there are those who look up to you each step they take in life. You should lead them out of such bigoted mindset; not deep into what could envelope hate and dogmatism.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by odomanis: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
undecided primitive animals living in the 15th century. They see nothing wrong in kidnapping and forcefully marrying a 12 year old girl since their prophet did the same but they can seize and destroy beers meant for adults drinking at their discretion. Bunch of rag head hypocrites. May God punish lord luggard for merging the south with rag head islamists living in the past

Don't mind them. Yet one idiot will be blaming Fayose for arresting one stray cow that has been barned by law.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Lilimax(f): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2016
damilola8775:
c'mon man u've taken dis stuff a bit personal,if they decide to hv it lyk dat jez allow dem...moreover da issue of da prophet marrying a twelve yrs old girl,try to get da fact pls,u dnt nid to speak rubbish looking intelligent,read wide nd u will understand arabs mature faster nd their menstrual cycle begins earlier which spurs dem to venture into marriage earlier..hre in Nigeria also,we've seen and heard of girls nt more than 8 or 9 getting pregnant,so that is done in order to curb any kind of fornication dat might surface due to da sexual urge...read wide nd u will understand tins!
Tufiakwa!
Just read again this poo you wrote and tell me what you sounded like undecided.
In trying to justify evil, you made yourself a laughing stock embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2016
ObikeNkem:
What is the meaning of ''Sharia practising state?'' the only law we recognize in Nigeria is the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, take your Sharia bullcrap to Saudi Arabia. You Northern hordes are bloody hypocrites! You have your own exclusive laws and practises but you take offence when we in the South demand for regionalism and resource control. Sharing the same nationality with you primitive beings saddens my heart daily
The feeling is very mutual
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by franchizy(m): 9:56am On Nov 01, 2016
This is a very good development. we must respect the laws of the land.

Islam as a religion of peace forbids alcohol consumption. This is a sin in the eyes of Allah and we must desist from it.

If this does not suit people, then relocate to other states where it is allowed.

Insha Allah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Herbalist Arrested For Preparing Charms For IPOB Terrorists, Bomb Recovered (Pix / Kingibe To Wike: You Do Not Have Executive Powers As Minister / Nigerian Governors Meet In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.