Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,138 members, 7,880,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) (35532 Views)

Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission / Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding / Kano Hisbah Abducts 31 Young Christian Girls Claiming They Were Prost1tutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by fiizznation: 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
989900D:

Admonition; not a ban, law, nor abomination.
Well what was forbidden by the holy prophet and condemned by the holy Quran is not welcome in any Islamic society.

Don't deceive yourself young man. Muslims only abide by the Quran and the teachings of the holy prophet{hadith}. Anything from any third party is not a guideline for Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by sulakishop(m): 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
THIS IS A COLOSSAL WASTE TO HUMAN SOCIETY, WE DEY CRY FOR THIS GENOCIDE IN BENIN CITY RIGHT NOW , ALL THESE DRINKS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SENTENCED TO THE MORTUARY/FREEZER RATHER THAN GRAVE....THIS IS LUGUBRIOUS AND EXTREMELY MOURNFUL...

Nnamdd1:
The Kano State Hisbah Board destroyed bottles of beer it confiscated from members of the public. The photos were posted on the Board's official Facebook page last month.

See more photos below.

http://www.nnamdisblog.com/2016/11/kano-sharia-police-destroy-thousands-of-bottles-of-beer.html
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by 989900D: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Well what was forbidden by the holy prophet and condemned by the holy Quran is not welcome in any Islamic society.

Don't deceive yourself young man. Muslims only abide by the Quran and the teachings of the holy prophet{hadith}. Anything from any third party is not a guideline for Muslims.

And the quran stipulates seizing alcohol, or punishment? Where in the quran? Even in the middle east whence the religion comes from, they sell alcohol, albeit discretely -- no outright ban.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Blue3k(m): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:

Hence why pedophilia and rape is socially acceptable in muslim society. Emir of Katsina can kidnap and forcefully convert just like a certain person. I know kano is busy destroying beer bottles so won't call the Emir an infidel.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by mcstan18(m): 12:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
damilola8775:
c'mon man u've taken dis stuff a bit personal,if they decide to hv it lyk dat jez allow dem...moreover da issue of da prophet marrying a twelve yrs old girl,try to get da fact pls,u dnt nid to speak rubbish looking intelligent,read wide nd u will understand arabs mature faster nd their menstrual cycle begins earlier which spurs dem to venture into marriage earlier..hre in Nigeria also,we've seen and heard of girls nt more than 8 or 9 getting pregnant,so that is done in order to curb any kind of fornication dat might surface due to da sexual urge...read wide nd u will understand tins!

Believe me when I say this brother, with all due respect you made ZERO sense in your comment above
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by mcstan18(m): 12:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Are you drunk or what? Who is talking about any contribution to country's coffers here? Some people here wants everybody to believe that VAT from alcohol is only gotten from 'southern states', so the north shouldn't benefit from it since it's destroying alcoholic products. States in the north central and northeast don't practice sharia law, some Muslims out there still consume alcohol, even in kano state there are still many places that alcohol is consumed.

And you must be very ignorant if you think government officials don't squeeze hajj pilgrims over payment of vat

Young man please hold your breath. You move farther from the point each time you attempt to defend your opinion. You do not sound like an intelligent fellow, maybe you did but not anymore

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by hollypagan: 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
Igbo man business
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Blue3k(m): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
mcstan18:

Young man please hold your breath. You move farther from the point each time you attempt to defend your opinion. You do not sound like an intelligent fellow, maybe you did but not anymore

You give the hypocrite too much credit. He claims to hate sin in society but ok taxing profits of supposed sin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by john650(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Thank God you said you don't 'think'. Now this is a good thing. So please go back and see the people crying to high heavens when jaiz bank was to be launched in Nigeria.

You are the one that doesn't know how taxation works since you ignorantly believed that any proceeds that is generated from alcoholic products should only be shared by 'alcoholic consuming states'.
Emir Sanusi, we know its you here debating about the wonderful virtues of Islam. We are not buying your story. You Muslim fanatics are destroying this country. Let people who want to drink alcohol drink it. You do not need to impose your will on others. What about non-muslims who live in Kano State and want to drink? Do they have any rights under the Nigerian constitution? You lived in Lagos sometime ago as a Banker. Did it kill you watching Lagosians drink alcohol? There are worse vices in the North killing people everyday than alcohol. Boko Haram alone has done more damage to people in the North in the last 7 years than all the alcohol that has been sold in the North since the founding of this republic.

Not all of us in the South drink alcohol but we don't go around barring those who drink to stop or to kill the industry. Proceeds from those beers you are destroying are used to support communities. They build schools, provide water, good sanitation, clinics and many other facilities that the government has failed to do.

Just two weeks ago, the Maltina Teacher of the Year Award, which is sponsored by Nigerian Breweries and the Felix Ohiwerei Education Trust fund handed out millions of Naira to state champions of secondary school teachers from each state who competed in the event plus the national champions, including a teacher from Borno State. Nigerian Breweries will also build six blocks of classrooms in the school of the overall winner.

Though Maltina is a malt drink, the company that makes it is Nigerian Breweries, a beer company. They've been using their profits to support communities in Nigeria, helping improve lives for over 60 years. What I'm getting at is that you do not need to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. You'll end up hurting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by jblackbell(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
So jaiz bank is the only Islamic institution you know of in Nigeria? I bet you have never heard something like lotus. I don't know why you guys are acting as if 'southern states' are the only states that consume alcohol in Nigeria. Benue, kogi, taraba, plateau, nassarawa etc are also states in Nigeria. And the last time I checked, these states don't have sharia laws in their respective states.

Anyway your silly alcohol VAT is ridiculous, because there are still many Muslims out there that consume alcohol even though Islam frowns at it. Like I have stated earlier, most of you here are ignorant and arguing with you will always be a waste of time.
Let me assume you are learned, what would you say of instances where the Hisbah arrest Wholesalers and retailers of 'Rubber solution' used in patching tyres just because it is been abused by some people. We have a case in my office where our Client got a restraining order against Hisbah, NDLEA etc, but they still went ahead to arrest him for selling 'Rubber solution'. The Hisbah don't have repect for rule of law not to talk about individual rights.
I can go on and on with different life scenarios where the HISBAH board do not take cognizance of the fact that Nigeria is not an Islamic state, the mere fact that a particular religion forbids something doesn't mean you would enforce it on everybody in your state. Its not everybody that is in kano that is a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good for them. Beer is better in the gutter than inside someone's belly. More grease to their elbow.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by nazeefsco(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
Collenshy2020:
they are forming beer is a sin, buh they practise kidnapping and impregnating young girls for forceful marriage, religion of piz.
bro y are u like dis now? ? Wetin concern u about someones religion why criticising. ..u d kind dat don't like peace in dis country. ...y judging ppl ... dis is not good man
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by nazeefsco(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
JBUZZ:
Useless animals!
They hate shayo but sleep with under age girls.
Hypocrites.

For your info, Shayo is loyal
useless human being
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Collenshy2020(m): 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
nazeefsco:
bro y are u like dis now? ? Wetin concern u about someones religion why criticising. ..u d kind dat don't like peace in dis country. ...y judging ppl ... dis is not good man
the truth hurts, plz dnt quote me again else whatever calamity that befall you isn't my busiz, get behind.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by philGeo(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
And you are also sharing vat from ja'iz bank and other Islamic institutions in the country.

Anyway most of you here are ignorant and dummies. How is 'the other states' paying VAT for a product they didn't produced/manufactured?
But did you know that you are 120% foolish instead of 100%? But you dey knack 12 old girl hole? Hausa! Hausa!! Why always Hausa?

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by x12345678x: 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
damilola8775:
c'mon man u've taken dis stuff a bit personal,if they decide to hv it lyk dat jez allow dem...moreover da issue of da prophet marrying a twelve yrs old girl,try to get da fact pls,u dnt nid to speak rubbish looking intelligent,read wide nd u will understand arabs mature faster nd their menstrual cycle begins earlier which spurs dem to venture into marriage earlier..hre in Nigeria also,we've seen and heard of girls nt more than 8 or 9 getting pregnant,so that is done in order to curb any kind of fornication dat might surface due to da sexual urge...read wide nd u will understand tins!
Aisha was 6 wen he married her, h consummated the marriage when the toddler turned 9. (although he's been handling her before then).

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by rashfat(m): 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
Hiss...... And you call this zoo a country
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Ab4all(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
U just displayed your level of ignorance here @bolded. Vat is value added tax which is added to the cost of beer. Hence other states pay this VAT which constitutes 3% for your states development. SMH
fiizznation:
[color=#990000]And you are also sharing vat from ja'iz bank and other Islamic institutions in the country.

[b][/b]Anyway most of you here are ignorant and dummies. How is 'the other states' paying VAT for a product they didn't produced/manufactured? [/color]

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by zabadii(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
Redoil:
And yet they want to use the vat from alchool to develop the north. Malo people and their malo mentality
money no dey sin, sin tax is good for the north east development.

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by joansteff(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
And you are also sharing vat from ja'iz bank and other Islamic institutions in the country.

Anyway most of you here are ignorant and dummies. How is 'the other states' paying VAT for a product they didn't produced/manufactured?
. Did any state make any law banning ja,iz bank or any islamic institution?

3 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by bigerboy200: 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
damilola8775:
I have read wide but i certainly won't wanna see how marrying an 8 year old girl is justifiable just cos she is already seeing her period...haba...some of u pple i repeat some of u pple should fear God naa...can u marry off ur 12 year old daughter to a 57 year old man just cos she is now menstruating? Mayb u can sha...cos u see nothing wrong in that....but wait a min sef, How do you even defend this kind of ideologies? Smh...what does does a 9 year old know about relationships? Let alone marriage? These girls obviously can't make a decision on who they want to spend d rest of their lives with at 8 years old....common...common....can u now tell us a boy is ripe to get married once he begins to have ervection? Haba Haba. ..why deprive these girls of their childhood..I visited a general hospital In North some years back, what i saw was deeply troubling..I saw so many young girls of between 12-17 suffering from VVF because their physiological make up isn't ready for womanhood..... but after some of these mallams with bick koboko have nack and nack and are tired,they would now dump them in their ill state and search for the next unripe pvvssy to destroy again..what some of your people do is outrightly inhuman and disgusting to say the least....

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by truefact: 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Yeah good. Islam strongly frown at alcohol intake, besides kano is a sharia practicing state. We don't need all that nonsense in our state.
Why can't you people champion for a separate country where there will be no infidels? Isn't it better than deceiving yourselves?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Emassive(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
Thunder fire you there and your household for saying this nonsense to justify early teen marriage. U wan Pkai ni See nonsense gist ooo
damilola8775:

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
sending nigeria back into the dark ages lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by stanleyalpacino(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
this is wrong in all forms. they destroy beer but drink champagne behind closed doors. f**king hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by GodIsFoolish: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
Islamabad

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by souljaboi51(m): 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
Bujumbura:
They destroy beer but will collect 3% VAT anytime we consume beer in the South.

Northerners are riding roughshod over us because of our stupidity.

#boycottbeer
lmaoooooo wtff is this grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
no b dem de put alcoholics for kettle de sip am small-small during prayer. let dem keep deceiving themselves, I will be watching in 3D.
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by ArabMopol(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Proceeds of the sale of beer? Do you even have any idea how VAT is generated from the sell of alcohol? Most of you are just good in yapping nonsense even when you don't have the slightest idea about what you are saying.

There is absolutely no society that is free from bad eggs. People abused drugs doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing. Of course when you are caught abusing drugs, the state anti- drugs institutions deal with such person.

You think taking alcohol is good doesn't necessarily mean kano people love it. Stay on your lane and mind your business. Nobody in kano will raise any shoulder if the people in your state choose to sleep in alcohol.
mallam also stay on ur lane and leave ND oil alone
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Biafman: 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:
Proceeds of the sale of beer? Do you even have any idea how VAT is generated from the sell of alcohol? Most of you are just good in yapping nonsense even when you don't have the slightest idea about what you are saying.

There is absolutely no society that is free from bad eggs. People abused drugs doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing. Of course when you are caught abusing drugs, the state anti- drugs institutions deal with such person.

You think taking alcohol is good doesn't necessarily mean kano people love it. Stay on your lane and mind your business. Nobody in kano will raise any shoulder if the people in your state choose to sleep in alcohol.
What is this ignorant almajiri hausa/fulani talking about? Look who is accusing others of yapping nonsense. Someone from an illiteracy infested region came here to make mouth. So you want to compare hard drugs to alcohol? Can you tell me such society that hard drugs is legal to consume? But alcohol is very much legal for consumption in all parts of Nigeria and in most countries of the world except in those backward, archaic, primitive, hypocritical islamic countries.
Stay on my lane and mind my alcohol business, but when it comes to sharing proceeds from alcohol VAT, you will not refuse my money. Where do you think the money approved for the reconstruction of North East will come from if not from the same VAT that this same sales of alcohol's VAT will contribute to? Stay on my own and not conduct my alcohol business in Kano or any other northern state, but will still answer one Nigeria for the sake of what? Useless porous head of a people. Tufiakwa!!
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by Cityguy: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Hmmmmm..... it's branded as 'evil' here but would be relished in the hereafter by faithfuls! Interesting...huhn
Re: Kano Hisbah Board Destroys Beer Bottles (photos) by MarieSucre(f): 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2016
fiizznation:

Obviously some people in Kano state will raise shoulders because some people in Kano state drink it. You do not speak for all Kano people or all Muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President / Gboyega Isiaka Oyetola's Posters & Billboard Destroyed And Burnt In Osun / How Social Media Was Used To Expose Boko Haram Suspects Who Sneaked Into Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.