Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,192 members, 7,925,699 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 08:50 PM

I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried (20267 Views)

PHOTO: If U Played With This And Still Unmarried, U need to Visit Shiloh 2015 / Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? / Help Am Afraid Of Kissing Nigerian Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by MrsChima1(f): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
OP

Take your time and marry the right man. It would be well worth the wait. Do not follow dumb arse women who have fallen to pressure because they didn't want to be the last one standing.

Enjoy your life and your Prince Charming will come on time.

Go out and meet different people and keep your legs closed. wink
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^^^
I think by now Mrs. .Chima, you ought to have well understood the society which you married into. To [b]most [/b]of them, the issue is not who she marries rather it is when she marries. [b]Most [/b]of these females are so fixated on getting married by a certain age such that the only criteria they use to pick a partner is "am 26 and he's male. . . if I don't get married now, what will people say?".

It's sad but true.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2012
When a woman gets to the point that she starts fasting and praying for men to notice and approach her for romance and marriage, she waited too late and is probably past her prime.

every lady in her prime constantly has a ready stream of suitors knocking on her door
and kissing her feet just to be with her. This is usually between ages 18 to 26.

If you overdo the pursuit of academic, career and financial goals to the exclusion of a meaningful relationship that will end in marriage, you will have to live with your choice.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by webizone(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
naijagurl:
Is it just that some women are just unlucky with men or they made bad choices? What is it? Is it normal that at 26 I still haven't met a guy that has shown some slight interest in me? How long will this last? My friends get approached by guys all the time, but not me. I mean I don't think I'm bad looking. I keep in shape and take care of myself so I don't what the problem is? African guys just don't seem to be really into me. I hoped to be married after graduating from medical school, but that does not seem like it will happen. I will be graduating this may, but I still haven't even dated someone. I just don't get it. How long will this last? I definitely don't want to become a spinster. The people around me are already putting pressure on me. You know in africa there is no such thing as mind your business.

I would prefer to marry an igbo guy since I am igbo, but I'm open to other nigerians and maybe a guy from some other west african country. However, I'm not having any luck with them at all. All the guys I've been interested in don't seem to know I exist or they are taken.

I don't know what to do. I really want to get married. I don't like the idea of joining a dating site, but I guess I might have to. I feel like it would make me look desperate. I've just been having such bad luck with men. I can't remember a time where any guy actually asked me out.

For those women who become spinsters, what leads to that, b/c I do not want to head that path.

If you are still single and you are still around here on nairaland, quote this post and I can tell you what to do.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by igwe44(m): 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
naijagurl:
Is it just that some women are just unlucky with men or they made bad choices? What is it? Is it normal that at 26 I still haven't met a guy that has shown some slight interest in me? How long will this last? My friends get approached by guys all the time, but not me. I mean I don't think I'm bad looking. I keep in shape and take care of myself so I don't what the problem is? African guys just don't seem to be really into me. I hoped to be married after graduating from medical school, but that does not seem like it will happen. I will be graduating this may, but I still haven't even dated someone. I just don't get it. How long will this last? I definitely don't want to become a spinster. The people around me are already putting pressure on me. You know in africa there is no such thing as mind your business.

I would prefer to marry an igbo guy since I am igbo, but I'm open to other nigerians and maybe a guy from some other west african country. However, I'm not having any luck with them at all. All the guys I've been interested in don't seem to know I exist or they are taken.

I don't know what to do. I really want to get married. I don't like the idea of joining a dating site, but I guess I might have to. I feel like it would make me look desperate. I've just been having such bad luck with men. I can't remember a time where any guy actually asked me out.

For those women who become spinsters, what leads to that, b/c I do not want to head that path.
I believe you are happily married with children by now,is been 9years you posted this message
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by donbachi(m): 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
Then,any man that will marry you.buy him a car and house,cos he is coming for a rescue mission.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by MissRaine69(f): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
You might not realise it but you probably might be giving off “desparate vibes” without actually saying anything. No man wants to date someone knowing that they are on some sort of dealine. Expand your reportoire and remove this fixation that he must be from this tribe , or West Africa etc
Do you go out? What is it that you do socially? And what is wrong with exploring online dating? This is the 21st century after all! You are acting desparate as it is it comes across in the way you write. Online dating is just another platform.

You need someone to give you an honest opinion regarding how you come across to men. Even if it means getting feedback from the relationships that failed as how else can you grow as a person. If the men say similar things then you know that it is that needs to change.

Keeping in shape and taking care of yourself is good bit it’s also about the complete package.
How you dress
How you carry yourself
Your general attitude?
All these need to be in sync.
So reassess and re-evaluate yourself and get feeback and move on from feeling sorry for yourself.
Surely having a career is important too?
Marriage lasts a lifetime ( mostly)
Youth does not.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by letterman: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:
You might not realise it but you probably might be giving off “ desparate vibes” without actually saying anything. No man wants to date someone knowing that they are on some sort of dealine . Expand your reportoire and remove this fixation that he must be from tribe etc.
Do you go out? What is it that you do socially? And what is wrong with exploring online dating? This is the 21st century after all! You are acting desparate as it is it comes across in the way you write. Online dating is just another platform.

You need someone to give you an honest opinion regarding how you come across to men. Even if it means getting feedback from the relationships that failed as how else can you grow as a person. If the men say similar things then you know that it is that needs to change.

Keeping in shape and taking care of yourself is good bit it’s also about the complete package.
How you dress
How you carry yourself
Your general attitude?
All these need to be in sync.
So reassess and re-evaluate yourself and get feeback and move on from feeling sorry for yourself.
Surely having a career is important too?
Marriage lasts a lifetime ( mostly)
Youth does not.

desperate

deadline

repertoire
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Uglymugg: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Stop posting. She's probably married by now
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by MissRaine69(f): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
Uglymugg:
Stop posting. She's probably married by now
To Jesus?
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by victorVIC1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

To Jesus?
The OP was last seen in 2009... She's probably a mum now
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by MissRaine69(f): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
victorVIC1:

Or not.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Uglymugg: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

To Jesus?
Implying that's somehow a bad thing undecided
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by victorVIC1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

Or not.
grin
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by MissRaine69(f): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by CAPSLOCKED: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
victorVIC1:
MissRaine69:
Or not.
OR SUICIDE.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
Meanwhile i dont wanna be 28 without having at least 5m in my account....!!!

Marriage is a NO NO for me. Not even my mother can persuade me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Two Instagram Girls Showed Off Their Boobs & Pv$$y On McGalaxy's Instagram Live / Help! I'm Stranded In My Girlfriend House / What Single Men Hate Most in Ladies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.