Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,178 members, 7,925,685 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 08:16 PM

I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried (20264 Views)

PHOTO: If U Played With This And Still Unmarried, U need to Visit Shiloh 2015 / Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? / Help Am Afraid Of Kissing Nigerian Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by dapsycool(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
naijagurl:

I don't feel like I am limiting myself by sticking only to igbo guys and west africans. I don't want someone who is too far from my culture.

And in response to the comments some people made about appearance, I agree to an extent. However, I don't want to dress to revealingly, b/c I don't want to attract a guy who is too focused on a girl's looks. What would happen if he meets a prettier girl?

Well I tried approaching a few guys before, but they didn't seem interested and I didn't want to be too pushy and seem desperate. [b]It feels so embarassing to be rejected [/b]so I don't want to have to approach a guy again. I sent a friend request to 5 guys on facebook( 3 nigerian, 1 Ivorian, 1 senegalese), but they all denied my request. All the guys I've tried to talk to are either not interested or taken. I don't know what to do anymore.

I am from New York by the way.

bolded part sounds funny, that's the shit guys need to go through. Anyway 26 is not too old wink u got time cool
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by TheSly: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2009
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried
Na wa oh. . . .
Naija guys have turned gold now. . .  . . . .Uhmm.  cool
Well i have no advise for you, . . . . You just have to wait. . . .relax.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Sissy3(f): 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2009
how do you relate to people? are you approachable? maybe its something in your personality or attitude of which you may or may not actually be aware of that instantly puts them off. i know how medical school could take a toll on your social life but its possible and doable to manage the tons of books with having a girls night out.

as for your appearance, you can still appear presentable and classy without being trash or too sophisticated. sad, but people do often time address you by you look. so if you think you havent been putting much effort in that fashion department, then its time to get a makeover. however, dont over it. if you are the simple type, dress like it but with class.

also you location could also being the hindrance. inasmuch as you would want an igbo man, dont set that limit on yourself because Love knows NO LIMIT. let love decide where it will land you. arent there igbo churches in NY you could attend? try to find predominately nigeria or igbo churches and start attending them, and while there try to make friends dont appear desperate because every relationship starts with some sort of friendship.

also try as much to attend ibo or nigerians gatherings, like parties, weddings etc. above all things dont forget that God understands your heart better than anyone else. talk to him, he surely will listen to your prayers and concern. dont forget him.

you are still young at 26, its not as if you are 36. dont appear desperate, because desperation attracts desperation. sometimes love happens when and where we least expect it. so dont just give up yet.

remember marriage is not a destination. its a journey. some people starts the journey early, and others later. but when it is your time you will surely make the journey.

1 Like

Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Hauwa1: 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
just wait till you graduate, finish residency and start making that dollars. then you will be rushed (choked) on. naija men esp our igbo/nig brothers of today are  lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by biobaba: 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2009
hi,

The problem with many marriages both Christians and unbelievers are, two incomplete partners becoming one. The first thing to do before starting any relationship or getting married is to get the full knowledge of God. Develop yourself in God; ask for his direction on each matter. Never go into any relationship or marriage without a life purpose. One thing I will tell any single person that wants to get into any relationship is: instead of asking God for a partner, ask Him for your purpose, for when you know your purpose in life you’ll know the direction of your life.

You have to have a life going for yourself. Let your partner find you busy (working) in life. Find yourself busy with worthwhile purpose. When you find your purpose in life, God will find you the right partner that will help you pursue and accomplish your God given purpose in life. If you don’t have purpose for living you’ll cooperate with someone that’ll paralyze your future. Every time you fill you need something so desperately out of the will of God, someone will use that as an avenue to cheat you out of life, by giving you what you need and collecting what God has given you in life. Your choice today determines by the future you holds tomorrow. Marriage cannot be a solution to loneliness. Loneliness is an empty vacuum to be filled by a want or need of your mind. When you network yourself with the wrong company, you’ll delay your own destiny. Don’t live your life for others.

Your attractiveness is not for others consumptions, but for God and your purpose in life. If you’re determining to get love and value outside God’s plan for you, anything will do. Most youths are scared of the age limit. Age has nothing to do with advancement; it is your character and maturity.

So, if you’re thirty-five and everything seems dead to you; then go to your bible and take examples from these people: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and all of these great men started their family at forty and above. As a young lady don’t even get carried away with the ‘late marriage syndrome’; Sarah, Hannah, Rachael, started having families in old age and yet their purposes in life where fulfilled. Don’t get yourself entangled with someone still looking for fulfillment or purpose in life without God. Let your choice be based in God. If the word of God cannot help you get your way then you’re lost nothing can help you out.

And, lastly, in life you must get your type, because God made you in His own likeness, after His image. If you want a partner, get someone who desires the same passion as for the things of God. What you have not learned cannot be a part of you. The beauty and sense of character keeps a relationship lasting.

Godbless you real good.

Cheers,
wink
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by chamotex(m): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2009
Post your picture and you will be surprised . . . . . .
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 1:35am On Nov 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

I suggest you visit Marijana Kovacevic. . . . .U need some placenta massage on your forehead.

I should visit her after you told me it was all a waste of money cos you only realised she was a quack on your 7th visit angry Na me be money-miss-road abi angry Now I know how much you hate me cry
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 2:37am On Nov 23, 2009
naijagurl:

I don't feel like I am limiting myself by sticking only to igbo guys and west africans. I don't want someone who is too far from my culture.

And in response to the comments some people made about appearance, I agree to an extent. However, I don't want to dress to revealingly, b/c I don't want to attract a guy who is too focused on a girl's looks. What would happen if he meets a prettier girl?

Well I tried approaching a few guys before, but they didn't seem interested and I didn't want to be too pushy and seem desperate. It feels so embarassing to be rejected so I don't want to have to approach a guy again. I sent a friend request to 5 guys on facebook( 3 nigerian, 1 Ivorian, 1 senegalese), but they all denied my request. All the guys I've tried to talk to are either not interested or taken. I don't know what to do anymore.

I am from New York by the way.

Seriously---- how ugly are you ? are you FAT ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

Seriously---- how ugly are you ? are you FAT ? undecided undecided undecided
Ok am begining to think that this thread is fake.

Is it the poster that said that people thought she was ugly because she looks like gabriel union?

People have psychology disorders, I swear.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 2:46am On Nov 23, 2009
FL Gators:

Is it the poster that said that people thought she was ugly because she looks like gabriel union?

I suspect its fake too---- Its probably a joke.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 2:50am On Nov 23, 2009
@ Topic

You are at the right marriageable age for a Nigerian so no need to despair, but maybe you need to get your heads out of your books once in a while and go out and let your hair down.

An Uncle of mine once gave me this advice which I thought was BS at the time, but have since known better. He said "once a lady starts getting older, the number of guys approaching her would start to dwindle sharply because unlike ladies that knows what they want from a guy and whether he is marriage material the moment they set sight on him, a lot of guys go into relationships with marriages being the last thing on their mind, hence find it reluctant to approach ladies once they get to a certain age because they would feel under pressure to start taking things seriously"

He went on further to tell me that the number of guys that approach a 21 years old girl is always a lot higher that the number of guys that would wanna further a relationship with a - lets say 29 years old lady for example, once again they wrongly conclude that the lady would be desperate to get married. And when you think that this is true for about 95% of cases, its time to sit up.

And with regards to majority of the posters saying you need to look after your appearance, I don't think that is relevant, it is what is inside that should count, and this seems to be the case because I am sure you have seen countless of handsome men with ugly babes and ugly men with very pretty babes, and it can be so bad that some people would not be able to help but wonder out loudly how they managed to attract each other. Like I had this friend who worried she was too big and needed to loose the excess weight to keep her man, only for the guy to rebuke her that "she should be comfortable in herself that if she gained weight after they got married, would she expect him to divorce her . . . "
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 2:51am On Nov 23, 2009
FL Gators:

posakosa:

I suspect its fake too---- Its probably a joke.

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 2:54am On Nov 23, 2009
@ Busy_body: good advice----- but from what I see---- most Nigerian women 20 and up go into relationships with the intention of getting married-----  <whether or not that relationship leads to marriage is something else> but the intent is always there. I think its a cultural thing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 23, 2009
Busy_body:

He went on further to tell me that the number of guys that approach a 21 years old girl is always a lot higher that the number of guys that would wanna further a relationship with a - lets say 29 years old lady for example, once again they wrongly conclude that the lady would be desperate to get married. And when you think that this is true for about 95% of cases, its time to sit up.

I see hope cuz no guy wants me yet. Hopefully at 21, they'll come flocking cry cry cry
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 2:59am On Nov 23, 2009
FL Gators:

I see hope cuz no guy wants me yet. Hopefully at 21, they'll come flocking cry cry cry

dang it u're young ---- finish your university education---- don't let guys be ur focus yet. Bill Gates found his wife at age 24 and dated her for 5 years before getting married---- these things happen at different times for different people. Focus on your life goals and purpose---- and stay humble.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

dang it u're young ---- finish your university education---- don't let guys be your focus yet. Bill Gates found his wife at age 24 and dated her for 5 years before getting married---- these things happen at different times for different people. Focus on your life goals and purpose---- and stay humble.
yes mumcy grin grin grin

By that shock, I'd think ur 28 tongue
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 3:06am On Nov 23, 2009
FL Gators:

yes mumcy grin grin grin

By that shock, I'd think your 28 tongue

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked WHAAAAT! NOOOOOOO WAAAAY JOSE! ------  undecided undecided
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 23, 2009
Well, you're not old na wink
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 3:12am On Nov 23, 2009
well----- hehehe----- im close enough but im in the having fun age--- tongue tongue tongue tongue

im over 21 though.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 3:18am On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

@ Busy_body: good advice----- but from what I see---- most Nigerian women 20 and up go into relationships with the intention of getting married-----  <whether or not that relationship leads to marriage is something else> but the intent is always there. I think its a cultural thing.

Thanks, thats what I was trying to convey, but for the men, marriage is the last thing on their mind, hence are scared to take things further with older women.

And I think culture, especially the Nigerian one, sucks too. Naija men have been raised to have these biased attitude and to eschew ladies over a certain age, older women, divorcees, uneducated women, big boned women, single mothers, disabled people, non-virgins, etc undecided And they prance around like prized idiots thinking they are the next best thing since sliced bread angry How sad embarassed

FL Gators:

Go and sleep and stop worrying your pretty head, we share the same birthday, and we only just turned 13, so we still have a long way to go cheesy By the way, how do you find the training bra, I think it is embarassing and uncomfortable and want to move onto normal bras, but mummy wouldn't alllow me yet, cos she says I don't have anything to fill them out yet embarassed embarassed embarassed grin
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 23, 2009
But I'm pretty. . . .and am studying in Burger King University.

I added 220ppl on myspace and they denied me. . . .

Its unfair cry cry

Busy body, I thought the training bra secret wnt get on NL angry
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 3:23am On Nov 23, 2009
^^^ Yeah but I can't stand people fibbing and I can already see posakosa starting to really think you are in your twenties, hence had to pull you up and stop you in your tracks cool
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 3:23am On Nov 23, 2009
FL Gators:

But I'm pretty. . . .and am studying in Burger King University.

I added 220ppl on myspace and they denied me. . . .

Its unfair cry cry

Busy body, I thought the training bra secret  wnt get on NL angry

HAAAAA!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :  <hahahahaha>
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 23, 2009
Busy_body:

^^^ Yeah but I can't stand people fibbing and I can already see posakosa starting to really think you are in your twenties, hence had to pull you up and stop you in your tracks cool
haaaaaaaa mo gbe!!! all 23year old inches of me shiver!!
madam e so ara yin o, ah ahn. . . . eebu po ju shocked
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 3:25am On Nov 23, 2009
Busy_body:

Most people on NLd are under the age of 22----  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

Most people on NLd are under the age of 22----  undecided undecided undecided undecided
taking style to ask Busybody when she'll turn 22?
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 3:39am On Nov 23, 2009
FL Gators:

haaaaaaaa mo gbe!!! all 23year old inches of me shiver!!
madam e so ara yin o, ah ahn. . . . eebu po ju shocked

Don't pour sand in my garri and stop lying that we are not 13 years old joo angry How else can I convince your Aunt to let me marry your handsome gorgeous 3 year old nephew, whom I have been having sleepless nights about, when he grows up, you want her to think say I be cradlesnatcher, at least the 10 year age difference is not too much tongue

posakosa:

Most people on NLd are under the age of 22---- undecided undecided undecided undecided

Hmmn, no be Naija we be, wey na the age we talk say we be, dem go stamp for our birth certificate, my lips are sealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Pweety4me(f): 3:41am On Nov 23, 2009
*Sings P-square-Busy Body*
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 3:46am On Nov 23, 2009
FL Gators:

taking style to ask Busybody when she'll turn 22?

No need for style here---- its the age range of most NLders (17-23)
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 3:47am On Nov 23, 2009
*Singing Fela's song - She go say oh, she go say she be lady is pretty oh* lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 23, 2009
And with regards to majority of the posters saying you need to look after your appearance, I don't think that is relevant, it is what is inside that should count, and this seems to be the case because I am sure you have seen countless of handsome men with ugly babes and ugly men with very pretty babes, and it can be so bad that some people would not be able to help but wonder out loudly how they managed to attract each other. Like I had this friend who worried she was too big and needed to loose the excess weight to keep her man, only for the guy to rebuke her that "she should be comfortable in herself that if she gained weight after they got married, would she expect him to divorce her . . . "

So you sabi talk sense? cheesy Na jenny get your time, no be me. cheesy tongue
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 4:11am On Nov 23, 2009
stillwater:

So you sabi talk sense? cheesy Na jenny get your time, no be me. cheesy tongue

shocked  she is on this thread, I am out, a highly intellectual A-lister person of my reputation and standing, shouldn't be seen in the same thread as a B-lister, how embarassing embarassed So on this note I take my leave cool

To my Butler:  Hey you, come here, pass me the sick bucket please, and the biggest quantity of caustic soda you can find, to wash my hands after replying this second class gyal, I don't believe I just stooped so low to correspond with a commoner, eurghh, yuck embarassed And come and help me put some disinfectant on this keyboard in case . . .  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"My Hottest Sexual Experience Ever" - Shared By Women / Two Instagram Girls Showed Off Their Boobs & Pv$$y On McGalaxy's Instagram Live / Help! I'm Stranded In My Girlfriend House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.