Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,220 members, 7,919,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:47 PM

I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried (20248 Views)

PHOTO: If U Played With This And Still Unmarried, U need to Visit Shiloh 2015 / Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? / Help Am Afraid Of Kissing Nigerian Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by posakosa(m): 4:14am On Nov 23, 2009
my ooh my--- looks like the dissing is about to get serious--- im out
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 23, 2009
Busy_body:

shocked she is on this thread, I am out, a highly intellectual A-lister person of my reputation and standing, shouldn't be seen in the same thread as a B-lister, how embarassing embarassed So on this note I take my leave cool

To my Butler: Hey you, come here, pass me the sick bucket please, and the biggest quantity of caustic soda you can find, to wash my hands after replying this second class gyal, I don't believe I just stooped so low to correspond with a commoner, eurghh, yuck embarassed And come and help me put some disinfectant on this keyboard in case . . . cheesy

I've asked you before what makes you tick? What is that thing inside you wey dey bite busybody every time? cheesy grin God forbid I join you in Yabaleft. Besides you were the one that prostrated before me and called me out, so I don't know why you're acting like no be you carry your busybody self to my side, Mrs. highly intellectual Ass-licker. grin grin cheesy
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Busybody2(f): 4:41am On Nov 23, 2009
stillwater:

I've asked you before what makes you tick? What is that thing inside you wey dey bite busybody every time? cheesy grin God forbid I join you in Yabaleft. Besides you were the one that prostrated before me and called me out, so I don't know why you're acting like no be you carry your busybody self to my side, Mrs. highly intellectual Ass-licker. grin grin cheesy

Shouldn't be seen dealing with your kind directly, and I don't wanna insult my A-list Butler by asking him to come deal with your arse now, so for now the stage is yours, but be rest assured I would specifically make sure I employ a B-list Butler just for the sole purpose of relaying any gem of wisdom my intelligent self wishes to pass unto you grin

And FYI, I never called you out, just wanted you to know that my intelligence is on a different wavelength to yours so you should mind how you address me - by the way, do you realise you are supposed to be looking down whist i am talking angry Insolent and inpudence angry What can fa angry

Psst, between you and I, the reason I am staying five minutes away from Yabaleft, is SOLELY because of Jennykadri aka Amebo no 1 who is in solitary confinement in Yabaleft, THE STAFFS CANNOT CONTAIN HER EXCESSES AND i AM THE ONLY FAMILY MEMBER WILLING TO SHOW HER UNCONDITIONAL LOVE BY COMING WITHIN A 40,000,000 MILES RADIUS OF HER cheesy By the way this is supposed to be highly classified information and words must not get out, cos it could tip her over the edge lipsrsealed Jenny likes to act tough but her heart is really fragile, so not a word of this to anyone you hear, [B]NOW VAMOOSE FROM MY SIGHT AND MAKE YOURSELF SCARCE, AN A-LISTER WANTS TO PASS[/b] cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Sissy3(f): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2009
@BB

And with regards to majority of the posters saying you need to look after your appearance, I don't think that is relevant, it is what is inside that should count,

i sort of understand what you mean. there is more to a person than their outward fashions and appearance. however, most men are very visual. something about you have to attract them first before they actually get to know the real you inside. people do get addressed by her they look, while this shouldnt be but sadly it is. if her appearance is dull, and appears as someone who doesnt really care much about herself or gives a damn about the next neighbors opinions of them, it will reflect in them. if she lacks confidence it will reflect. so sorta agree with you that outward appearance should be the all and all, she shouldnt also neglect it. it matters how you present yourself outside because sometimes we only have one chance to make that lasting impression.

@ poster

above all, you MUST have(learn to have) confidence in yourself. because there is nothing more sexier/attractive or most sexiest than a woman with CONFIDENCE. it shines/glows wherever go you. and trust me REAL men love it.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Fhemmmy: 7:34am On Nov 23, 2009
Na wa oh
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2009
Even though I be woman I nor dey fashi locally dressed women ooo.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by kpolli(m): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2009
hmm,
depends on ur location,
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by smooooooth: 9:57am On Nov 23, 2009
u have no pishur and ur email is not even there, that shows how unserious u are about getting married b4 30.

if the thread is true dou, i just think u need to relax and be patient, being desperate like this will only land u with the wrong guy

i think 26 is not so old, considering the fact that u studying a course that takes some years, and being a doc is also a plus to u

so just put a picture up, and open ur email, i am sure guys will buzz u, u just got to be more open. goodluck!!!! wink
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by wisecutie: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2009
Busy_body:

Do you know me from somewhere before, I am shocked how you were able to describe me to a tee in your first paragraph grin I feel such a strong connection with you already, it has to be divine intervention ordained by the cosmos, and yes I am single too and please tell me you are the bone of my bone, my missing rib tongue cheesy

*Sings busy body by psquare*
angry angry angry grin lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by SisiKill1: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2009
Rotflmao!

She has no picture and her email is not pasted all over nairaland shows how unserious she is. . .did i read that right mr. Sooooth talker?

Say. . .why not kukuma have her walk the streets of New York, wearing a sign with her name, number, email addy, height, weight, hair type, ear measurement, eye color and if anyone asks if she's gone mad, she'll tell them she's only showing you how commited she is to finding a husband.

All sorts of orishirishi.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by topkatt: 10:47am On Nov 23, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao!

She has no picture and her email is not pasted all over nairaland shows how unserious she is. . .did i read that right mr. Sooooth talker?

Say. . .why not kukuma have her walk the streets of New York, wearing a sign with her name, number, email addy, height, weight, hair type, ear measurement, eye color and if anyone asks if she's gone mad, she'll tell them she's only showing you how commited she is to finding a husband.

Hmmm u never know, it just might work! lol
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by yonamaro: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2009
If you prefer somebody from east Africa here i am check me on www.naombakazi.com

Karibu
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by smooooooth: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao!

puotfbusyc!

lol, tht will be too desperate noa.  cheesy. but criously, i'm just trying to help her, its possible she can meet the right man in here, and how is he supposed to get in touch with her, if they have no means of contacting her, and dont overlook the power of sight, uploading a pishur can help her get a fast caller remember,  Men are moved by sight!! wink
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by nethacker(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2009
So wat can u do if u 30 n still unmarried?y not check urself and commit everything into the hands of God?
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by shoutin: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2009
Ur message is so touching. However, I will advise that you keep on being urself, and don't be so desperate. Unlike me, I use to have a girl that I dated for close to six years, and we are planning to get married till she started showing me her real kind of person. I tried so hard to make her change her ways, instead she just keep insulting me. Let me not bore u with my on problem, cus I have finally let go of her.

I am from Delta state, and we maybe be able to work something out if we can meet and talk. I live in Lagos. bobbyshoutin@yahoo.com or 08039669837. Thanks.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by nethacker(m): 11:04am On Nov 23, 2009
shoutin:

your message is so touching. However, I will advise that you keep on being urself, and don't be so desperate. Unlike me, I use to have a girl that I dated for close to six years, and we are planning to get married till she started showing me her real kind of person. I tried so hard to make her change her ways, instead she just keep insulting me. Let me not bore u with my on problem, cus I have finally let go of her.

I am from Delta state, and we maybe be able to work something out if we can meet and talk. I live in Lagos. bobbyshoutin@yahoo.com or 08039669837. Thanks.
see toasting grin grin grin no be small thing oooo grin grin grin cheesy
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by shoutin: 11:07am On Nov 23, 2009
My broda, no be toasting. U need to see watin guys too dey see for woman side. Just trying to know her better.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by ednut1(m): 11:07am On Nov 23, 2009
This makes nosense, u must be ugly( big teeth/nose/head/mouth) lol. Cos how can a gal like u in yanke nt hv a bf, medical student haba. Loaded. U beta go join a dating site/or do a deal wit a brokeass hands 9ja guy. As a 9ja guy in uk most of us are afta wite pu**y nt blk ones. U beta 4get mariage 4 now cos if u meet a guy nw ur behaviour wil be 2wards mariage and it wil piss d guy (we need at least 3 yrs courtship nt 24 hrs) lol
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by smooooooth: 11:10am On Nov 23, 2009
nethacker:

see toasting grin grin grin no be small thing oooo grin grin grin cheesy

my broda no be small thing o. the dude even got to lie say he don break up with him babe.

just like babe's go shout, MEN! MEN!! MEN!!!
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by nethacker(m): 11:12am On Nov 23, 2009
ednut1:

This makes nosense, u must be ugly( big teeth/nose/head/mouth) lol. Cos how can a gal like u in yanke nt hv a bf, medical student haba. Loaded. U beta go join a dating site/or do a deal wit a brokeass hands 9ja guy. As a 9ja guy in uk most of us are afta wite pu**y nt blk ones. U beta 4get mariage 4 now cos if u meet a guy nw your behaviour wil be 2wards mariage and it wil piss d guy (we need at least 3 yrs courtship nt 24 hrs) lol
me need 2yrs of dating,3yrs of courtship b4 marriage.not 24hrs of dating+courtship grin grin grin
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by SisiKill1: 11:23am On Nov 23, 2009
@ smoooth
I wouldn't advice a 90 yrs old virgin spinster on her death bed whose only desire from the moment she was born was to get married. . .to come find her hubby here.

No offence to all you lovely nairaland gentlemen of course and i really mean that. snorts cheesy
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by GUNNER(f): 11:25am On Nov 23, 2009
Hawaii or Alaska…Where are you headed?
By Ekene Onu

The other day I was speaking to a dear friend who is waiting for her life partner. She is of age and has everything going for her and she is currently single. I understand her angst, I know people may think yeah, yeah, you are already married how can you relate? Well while I may not fully grasp the depth of her concern, rest assured I myself felt it at times.

We had an interesting conversation. She was telling me about a man who had come on the scene but he had a few hiccups or commas or red flags. She had asked me for advice about whether or not she should proceed with this man. He had many of the qualities that she wanted but he also had many of the flaws she desperately wanted to avoid. I listened to her, this brilliant, compassionate, solid woman, someone who I often turned to for counsel, tell me her reasons for considering this man. She kept talking and I kept asking questions and then she said something that I love her for. She broke it down honestly. “I am not getting any younger and it’s not like I have a lot of prospects, so maybe I should just take what is in front of me”. I was so glad when she put it plainly because here was something we could deal with.

I couldn’t tell her whether or not he would be a good man because only God knows a man’s heart…and even the bible tells us it can be desperately wicked.
I couldn’t tell her if she would be happy with him, even couples who profess undying love at the wedding day sometimes hate each other later.

I could tell her though that the smoke one sees when dating, typically becomes a well stoked fire in marriage.
I could tell her that those red flags usually become flashing sirens later on.
I could tell her that I loved her enough not to want her to suffer unnecessarily.

I asked her to picture herself in an airport and her marriage a destination. Where would she like to go? Perhaps she thought of a picturesque place like Hawaii; a destination known for its beaches and tropical flavor. Perhaps she had packed a bikini and sunglasses for her trip.
Now I wanted her to picture the departure board. All the flights to Hawaii were delayed until further notice. None of the airline staff had any information, except that they knew that corporate planned to send the planes. People seemed to be boarding planes all around her, but when she looked the only available flight she could get on was headed directly to Alaska and it was leaving soon.

What to do? She is not packed for Alaska. She doesn’t even like snow. But it’s the only available flight. Maybe she could learn to like snow, maybe she could buy a parka over there. Don’t they have like a month of summer?
All these thoughts rush through her head.

I asked her, is there some apocalyptic event happening at the airport. If you don’t board the plane, is your life in danger?
Because there was one other thing I knew for sure. The plane to Alaska will never go to Hawaii.
As for her questions, well she could maybe buy a parka. I know many women (and men for that matter) who are in marriages that are difficult because the parties involved were prepared for different experiences and somehow found themselves on the wrong plane. She could learn to like snow, certainly probably after many cold nights, after all I also know marriages that seemed doomed from the start eventually after much heartache and God’s intervention become sweet and loving.

The point of all this is simply this. I love my friend and so I shared with her what I want to share with you. Marriage is not a simple, uncomplicated affair. Even when you are perfectly matched you may find challenges and when you are not if can be a Herculean task to make it work and it will not come without a great deal of heartache and pain. So I know the wait may seem endless and it seems like your partner isn’t out there. I want to encourage you to wait for what you know in your heart that you want and need, as long as those wants are not based on superficial nonsense but rooted in reality and come from true introspection, then wait.

I know the screen says delayed. I know you don’t have any information as to when it is coming. I know you have a wave of panic welling up inside of you.
But please know this, if you get on the plane bound for the wrong destination, that’s it. You are on the plane. The pilot will not stop and let you get off. And you may be thinking well I’ll just get divorced. Not as easy as folks make it look, like two pieces of paper that are stuck together can rarely be separated without one or both of them ripping, most people do not get out of divorces completely intact and without some serious and possibly life changing pain and consequences.

Please wait for what you want. Yes, I’m on the other side. So I should have credibility, I know exactly what shade of green the grass is here and I know just how many weeds there are too.
Wait, and while you are waiting, look around you…it’s a nice airport, state of the art, they have a lounge where you can get facials and massages, the best restaurants and the shopping is freaking awesome!

Love you. Be well.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by nethacker(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

@ smoooth
I wouldn't advice a 90 yrs old virgin spinster on her death bed whose only desire from the moment she was born was to get married. . .to come find her hubby here.

No offence to all you lovely nairaland gentlemen of course and i really mean that. snorts cheesy
hv been watching u all this while and i am still watching lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by smooooooth: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

@ smoooth

how ironic. and ow u sure ur bf is not a NLEr. he cld possible be wale.star and u wont know it. cheesy
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by shfizle(m): 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
funny enough guys also feel the same way;no one wants to be lonely. but if its a partner, a lifelong one for that matter, one has to make the right choice even if it means taking time. You cant start feeling you make the wrong choice a day after you say "i do" or worse stil after 3 4 kids whose later life would be based on their early years. God help us
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by lovemoi2(f): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2009
smooooooth:

how ironic. and ow u sure your bf is not a NLEr. he cld possible be wale.star and u wont know it. cheesy

word
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by chire(m): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2009
@poster

I've got a friend who i can hook you up with.he's nigerian, and rounding up his phd programme in engineering in England.he's quite tall,(over six feet),and he's really nice and single.I think he is 30 or 31 yrs old.
if you are interested in getting to know him,email me at ebmulo@yahoo.com.I will ask him to add you on facebook,and see how things go from there.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by calyx: 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
Now this sure sounds like a problem. . .
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2009
chire:

@poster

I've got a friend who i can hook you up with.he's nigerian, and rounding up his phd programme in engineering in England.he's quite tall,(over six feet),and he's really nice and single.I think he is 30 or 31 yrs old.
if you are interested in getting to know him,email me at ebmulo@yahoo.com.I will ask him to add you on facebook,and see how things go from there.

See . . this is what someone should have done instead of this whole fighting and bickering going on here! undecided
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by romsky: 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2009
cant stop hiccuping
Re: I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried by jaybee3(m): 12:30pm On Nov 23, 2009
you must def be unattractive cos last time i checked Fb is now the gateway to free p.ssy and being hit on by an attractive woman will atleast get some sort of message response.
good luck with ur quest though cos i'm sure u r beautiful in other places.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Benefits Of Being Single / My Experience With A Lady That Came To Spend The Night At My Place. / How Do You Handle Randy Jokes From The Opposite Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.