Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,044 members, 7,973,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:26 PM

Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! (7346 Views)

Should I Date This Black American Guy Or Leave Him Alone???? / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Ladies, Can You Date Or Marry A Black American Guy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by MsLurker(f): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2008
nalijah07:

My boyfriend who is Nigerian has said the same thing to me - I have yet to figure that one out. When we first started dating, he kept coming up with different ways to ask me if I smoked (like he would catch me in a lie), he was so impressed with the level of education that exist amongst my family members, and the list goes on and on. I like you Ms. Lurker, asked him what type of AA's he was used to being around??

I was born in the South but I'm certainly not from here. My family raised me with common sense and decency! Is it really hard to believe that American women don't possess these qualities.

I'm glad your boyfriend sees the real deal. :-)
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2008
Please guys tone down the stereotypes. Marrying any good man is a luck and not all AA guys are bad. I agree that there is more room for improvement but i won't totally rule them all out especially the ones that comes from a stable family background. I have a few AA co-workers and these guys are great guys with degrees under their belts. most of them have a loving family and would do anything to protect their wives. But truth be told, some AA guys are plain bozos, all he thinks about is sex sex sex. You see gold mouth, gold rims, flashy cars, flashy shoes and clothes but not even $5.00 in the bank account. Imagine i was talking politics to one the other day at the car wash and this fool don't even know who USA vice president is! He thinks Bush runs everything, This fool if 27 years old! Those are the ones ladies should stay away from. The same goes for some Africans who are even worse off. To me all men are the same, the only thing that is different is their experience and upbringing.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2008
Ms. Lurker:

From what I hear from my homeboy on the continent, the girls at his university are just as bad these days. So maybe it's a new craze.

I think it all depends on what excites you. So chicks in the US, here, they hear a new accent and it excites them.

But don't African women get excited when an American comes to visit too or an Westernized Nigerian/African? Wasn't one topic on here about girls parading around to marry some uniquely gifted looking German man to be his wife?

I mean say what you want. We might have some type of differences when it comes to getting and keeping a man but I don't think it's that different. Maybe I'll have to consult with my African male friends.

But they've told me that I'm not like most Americans. I have NO idea what that means, either.

You are so right!  10 years has made a big difference. cheesy Some African women are becoming more desperate than their counter parts in other parts of the world but they have a lot of catching up to do still in that department.  They are still local champions.  Even if African girls are trying desperately to catch up with their other counterparts, they are still behind in certain areas. tongue  Most of those girls in the continent will operated out of economic hardship and will do anything to please their "johns" for $5 dollars.  But the typical "Black American" babe or dude. . . . .it comes naturally like a genetic gift or something to pamper the Instruments like an object of worship. cheesy

The chicks here do not know any better because when they hear the typical Nigerian accent or any other African accent. . . . .they become excited and say he speaks with a "french or british" accent.  Not knowing the dude is a stark illiterate who cannot even construct a single sentence without destroying the English language. Most of those Nigerian guys that African American girls hook up with are the ones the typical African lady cannot even look at 2ice if we were back home in our countries in Africa. Most of them are dregs of society from very poor economic backgrounds, struggling to survive so will hook up with anything that moves over here. Only very few "Africans" hook up with "qualitative Black Americans". In the final analysis. . . . .African ghetto boy jams Black American ghetto chick! grin Perfect match! The ones with common sense remain single, like you see on nairaland instead of hooking up with a dude over here because he can "rap"! cheesy

This is due to lack of exposure since many of the "Black Americans" including the ladies do not have international passports not to talk of travel out of their cities or countries,  A typical Nigerian girl no matter how unexposed can sport a "hoody" guy no matter how he tries to cover it up with rapster lyrics. . . .while a "Black American" lady can usually never tell the difference.  All they know is that "they got a maaaaaaaaaaaaan". . . .does not marrrer the kind. grin

You will not find many African girls dating "Black American" guys because. . . . a typical "black American" guy can never meet the needs of a "typical African" female, not that they are superior or anything like that.  Go do the research, just not "CULTURALLY COMPARTIBLE!.  Only those who were born and bread in foreign countries who have grown up with themselves.  But a typical born and bred African female. . . . .with a " black American dude"?   Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Those relationships seldom last.  Like I say. . . . .you can't freak out a typical "African" girl with sexual prowess. . . .they get bored with that real quickly. . . .they are only comfortable with their "African guys"!  Look around you.  How many "African girls" have responded favorably to dating a "black American" male not to talk of marryin' one?  You will not find many I say! cheesy
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Dreloaded(f): 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
AJ why are exactly ARE we more comfortable with "our kind"
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2008
Some Idiots at Mushin and Isale Eko makes AA guys look like an angel !

1 Like

Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

AJ why are exactly ARE we more comfortable with "our kind"

Because we are culturally compartible!  Simple! kiss  Nigerian ladies know what "quality" is.  The kind you will take to your parents and they will be proud of you.  Others here just run to Las vegas or Mexico and just do their thing without any witnesses. cheesy  No Nigerian girl will get married like that and be satisfied with that marriage!
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2008
Sweet T:

Let the angels remove the lipstick and open their mouths to talk and you will find out that they are the same thing.  Like I said. . . .a typical Nigerian lady will never fall for the cheap rap lyrics of a Black American male. But with a Nigerian dude. . . .anything goes! grin Even if it is on one leg. You can only attract what you are yourself. . . no matter which continent you live in! kiss  I say let them remove all the fake weaves and nails and let them open their mouths to talk and you will find out that no difference between the man and the woman. cheesy  Agbero jam agbero!
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2008
Sweet T:

LOL. . . come down here. . .you'll see their other side. . .sometimes i wonder why i dnt carry my gun with me when am arnd AA. . .not trying to discriminate or generalize, but that's just the way things are
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Dreloaded(f): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2008
almondjoy:

Because we are culturally compartible! Simple! kiss Nigerian ladies know what "quality" is. The kind you will take to your parents and they will be proud of you. Others here just run to Las vegas or Mexico and just do their thing without any witnesses. cheesy No Nigerian girl will get married like that and be satisfied with that marriage!

How come cultural compatibility matters more to African women than the men?

1 Like

Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 7:22pm On Mar 14, 2008
@morenike

You must be living in South central LA. I heard those guys are Devil's rejects. Fools that sleeps and wake up with AK47 on their chest. But you might be the change they need in their life if you date one. The Bible says "spread the gospel". Don't discriminate sis', appreciate. grin
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2008
4 Play:

@AJ

Your generation dey very different. Naija girls these days do anything-blow jobs,Bleep(set as we dey call am grin),e.t.c The only thing I haven't seen is girls willing to make out with each other for your pleasure. grin No Naija girl ever suggested bringing her female friend into bed grin

Are you talking of our girls that have a higher level of STDs than Westerners? So where did they get their STDs,from sitting on toilet seats?

You are right!  10 years makes a big difference. My generation is definitely different and things are getting worse! cheesy But the Africans. . .both males and females, in general are still lagging behind.  I don't think we can ever catch up with our sistas and brodaas in foreign countries.  As for the STDs. . . . that one is as a result of lack of proper healthcare, diagnosis and treatment or economic hardship with the money for hand back for ground economics in Nigeria for example. In places like Europe and America for example. . . . it is just a way of life. . . .sleeping around for the fun of it.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2008
Can you imagine a guy beginning to have babies @ 14 years old and already has 7 babies at 21? I asked him what was his mother doing to allow such a hot gettho mess. He responded by saying "My mama don't get involve in my business". When i told him he was only 14 and should have been spanked good. He said " True that True that" shocked grin grin
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:30pm On Mar 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

How come cultural compatibility matters more to African women than the men?

Because we have come to realize that we can only deceive ourselves for so long and have come to accept the things that can make us happy as opposed to what cannot make us happy.  Nigerian ladies care. . . .African American ladies do not CARE. . .as long as they can get that man from October to April when things get a little cold in most places in the US.  Frankly, the typical African lady can comfortable live alone without a man. . . . not saying we do not have "desperados" as you can see on Nairaland. grin  

For example. . . .we have this Black American female Unit secretary I used to work with whose specialty was to go online to hunt for "Nigerian Men" in particular.  By her 10th relationship with Nigerian guys. . . .we gave up on her and stopped listening to her stories of her "flavor of the month".  I asked her more about her "Nigerian dudes" only to find out she could not tell who was a Nigerian or not.  Only God knows what nationalities she was jumping into bed with.  She had slept with all of them in less than 1 year!

All she could tell me was that the last one was yoruba but he spoke with a "friench" accent. She now wanted me to teach her some "yoruba" words so she can impress her latest man with them. I did not say a word to her but wished her happiness. I was thinking to maself. . . a yoruba guy with a french accent? undecided Hmmmmmmm! Like we some Burkina Faso or French speaking camerounians in Yorubaland. cheesy O ga ooooooooooo! The lady tried to explain to me that he really did not speak "yoruba" because he had lived in "paris" for long time with his family. I just laughed in ma mind and went ma merry way! He he he he he he he he he he! Wonders!

But the typical "Black American" lady can NEVER do without a "deeeeeeeeeek"!  Look around you! cheesy It is like an addiction or something. . . . I really do not know.  I work with them everyday and I am sorry to generalize. . . .that is all they think about. . . . nothing more even after they are great great great great grannies ready to be buried.  But you still see most African ladies in their "late born again" stages. . . .sleeping in the churches instead of being "Fisheresses of Men". . . . . ., instead of hunting for any mobile phallus on cold winter nights or in the dead heat of summer days, like their other counterparts! cheesy
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2008
Sweet T:

@morenike

You must be living in South central LA. I heard those guys are Devil's rejects. Fools that sleeps and wake up with AK47 on their chest. But you might be the change they need in their life if you date one. The Bible says "spread the gospel". Don't discriminate sis', appreciate. grin
i reside at Central L.A na, you no know before? am your neighbor. . .am the one that reported you to the police when i saw you trying to break into a DOLLAR STORE. . . shior tongue

Sweet T:

Can you imagine a guy beginning to have babies @ 14 years old and already has 7 babies at 21? I asked him what was his mother doing to allow such a hot gettho mess. He responded by saying "My mama don't get involve in my business". When i told him he was only 14 and should have been spanked good. He said " True that True that" shocked
eh en? eyah. . .you've seen much to tell eh? tongue
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Dreloaded(f): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2008
Lmao AJ you are ridiculous

Im just wondering why cultural compatibility matters so much more to us African women while African men have no problem dating Black American females.

1 Like

Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by MsLurker(f): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2008
almondjoy:

The chicks here do not know any better because when they hear the typical Nigerian accent or any other African accent. . . . .they become excited and say he speaks with a "french or british" accent.  Not knowing the dude is a stark illiterate who cannot even construct a single sentence without destroying the English language. Most of those Nigerian guys that African American girls hook up with are the ones the typical African lady cannot even look at 2ice if we were back home in our countries in Africa. Most of them are dregs of society from very poor economic backgrounds, struggling to survive so will hook up with anything that moves over here. Only very few "Africans" hook up with "qualitative Black Americans". In the final analysis. . . . .African ghetto boy jams Black American ghetto chick! grin Perfect match! The ones with common sense remain single, like you see on nairaland instead of hooking up with a dude over here because he can "rap"! cheesy

This is due to lack of exposure since many of the "Black Americans" including the ladies do not have international passports not to talk of travel out of their cities or countries,  A typical Nigerian girl no matter how unexposed can sport a "hoody" guy no matter how he tries to cover it up with rapster lyrics. . . .while a "Black American" lady can usually never tell the difference.  All they know is that "they got a maaaaaaaaaaaaan". . . .does not marrrer the kind. grin

But who says that is the main reason African men are hooking up with AA women to marry? Outside of papers and all that other crap. People who are together, involved married with Africans (who already have citizenship) who have been together for years and years. I'm sorry but after awhile not everything is as freaky as it used to be. So what does that mean.

Also, not ALL and I stress ALL AA women fall for that. If that's the case, not just AA women are guilty of falling for an foreigner. It happens everywhere, worldwide. I own an international passport and I've used it frequently, so when you attempt to bash us, don't try to put us all in this box.  And how many people in Nigeria end up leaving? Are you saying that we can't spot a "hood" guy, come on. NO matter where you come from those type of guys are easy to spot. Some girls dig on that type of stuff. If they do, then let them go for it.

Everyone wants to try something new every now and again. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you learn from your mistake. Count your losses and move on.  grin

& D-Reloaded,

Are African Women more afraid of change? Just curious.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Morenike

grin grin grin

Quit fronting, you know you love them brothers from the hood. Thuglife kinda brother, straight thugging homie !
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 14, 2008
Anyway, I decide to put that "friendship" to test.  I cooked him Eba and Egusi soup with "dawadawa" and okporoko inside.   My people,  he he he he he he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  The bobo nearly died!  The boy sneeze soteyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I nearly rushed him to the ER!   He tried so hard to be so polite about the whole "lunch date", but you could tell he was not impressed with the delicacy I made for him.  I don't think he even swallowed half a bite before he broke out in hives.   Her asked me if is was the "bark" of a tree I put inside the "sauce"?  He did not come to ma house again.  Only on the telephone we talked oooooooooooooooooh till I renewed ma vows, and he disappeared into the thin air!

This has got to be the funniest thing I've read in a while.
It's hard to tell when this girl is speaking fact or fiction  grin but I give it up to her for this tale.
This is funny
I done laugh taya!
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:39pm On Mar 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

Lmao AJ you are ridiculous

I'm just wondering why cultural compatibility matters so much more to us African women while African men have no problem dating Black American females.

You are not serious! cheesy I have already answered that question.  A typical Nigerian woman will not pamper a Nigerian man's ego and worship his "mandingo" of a deeek as a religion. . . .period.  We are more into security in relationships and are not carried away by the meaningless sizes and multi-functional capacity of the bloody prick.  We have certain needs that must be met but for our sistaas from other places. . . .you know the story. Look around you. . . .I am not discriminating!  Just the facts! kiss
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Dreloaded(f): 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2008
lurker, dont take much of what AJ says to heart. Her comments are usually tongue in cheek  wink

I dont know if it's being afraid of change as it's more of not wnating to waste time. There are quite anumber of Afrtican men esp Nigerians who have no problem dating a BA woman but will never marry one, most african women believe most relationships should lead straight to marriage so instead fo playing the field like most guys they rather just date who they believe is good enough for marriage right off the bat.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2008
Sweet T:

@Morenike

grin grin grin

Quit fronting, you know you love them brothers from the hood. Thuglife kind of brother, straight thugging homie !
just because you favor them does not me the rest of us have to
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2008
I wonder why you guys are complaining. Like you've never seen them Oraisa boys in lagos before.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2008
I favor everyone that is doing something positive and constructive. I love AA brothers and sisters just like i like everybody else. I don't generalize. Our fathers says " If you close your eyes 'cause of one bad idiot, many good ones will pass you by". How do you feel when they call all Nigerians fraudsters?
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 14, 2008
Sweet T:

I wonder why you guys are complaining. Like you've never seen them Oraisa boys in lagos before.
just because you see them does not mean you favor or attracted to them
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:51pm On Mar 14, 2008
nwando:

This has got to be the funniest thing I've read in a while.
It's hard to tell when this girl is speaking fact or fiction  grin but I give it up to her for this tale.
This is funny
I done laugh taya!

No be lie oooooooooooooooh! cheesy  This one na real story!  Okay, the guy was just a family friend nothing special. . . .that was the last time I invited a Black American to ma house. . . . .the next thing you will hear is food poisoning or law suit.  Never again did I try such rubbish! cheesy  We fit meet outsid for club or party. . . .but I never invite them to ma house.  If you can't eat ma food. . .we can't be friends. . . .sorry.  But I can eat theirs? shocked  Which kain frienship be that? cheesy

Long hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 7:52pm On Mar 14, 2008
D-reloaded:

lurker, don't take much of what AJ says to heart. Her comments are usually tongue in cheek wink

I don't know if it's being afraid of change as it's more of not wnating to waste time. There are quite anumber of Afrtican men esp Nigerians who have no problem dating a BA woman but will never marry one, most african women believe most relationships should lead straight to marriage so instead fo playing the field like most guys they rather just date who they believe is good enough for marriage right off the bat.

Which tongue in the cheek? I say na true! Is that why you are asking me all those questions? So I can help you type what you don't want to type but believe in your mind to be the gospel truth? tongue You don't want to be politically incorrect for the records? Okay. I will help you out! grin
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Busta(f): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2008
morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike, morenike,

How many times did i call u? tongue

Do i smell trouble? Besides, where is that adopted brother of urs?
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
@morenike

Learn to love everybody, regardless of creed, race or color. grin grin An African American man named Dr. Martin Luther King made life a lot easier for you and me and all other colored folks in this country regardless of where you were born. I have never had anything serious with any AA but i got nothing but love for their positive sides.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Dreloaded(f): 7:58pm On Mar 14, 2008
almondjoy:

Which tongue in the cheek? I say na true! Is that why you are asking me all those questions? So I can help you type what you don't want to type but believe in your mind to be the gospel truth? tongue You don't want to be politically incorrect for the records? Okay. I will help you out! grin

Lmao. I suppose. It depends on which kind of "akata' Im responding to. If it's the type l;ike Hero, Sista, BigSis and all those other lunatics, I have no problem blowing it out at them but those like lurker or Drsuilla, I rather be mellow and not make them feel bad cos we think their men bloody suck or that our men only use them for their fetish desires  grin

But seriously though it's like ok we understand playing of the field before really settling down, I just find it kinda odd that you wont find many girls playing around with BA men at least before they decide to get serious and stick with what they know.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2008
Sweet T:

@morenike

Learn to love everybody, regardless of creed, race or color. grin grin An African American man named Dr. Martin Luther King made life a lot easier for you and me and all other colored folks in this country regardless of where you were born. I have never had anything serious with any AA but i got nothing but love for their positive sides.
ok, papi, but how did my reply go from me not favoring to marry an AA lead to me hating everybody? abeg, reread my post jare

@Busta
LOL. . . my adopted brother is out womanizing every girl in his area. . .me? trouble? do you want me to tell you the reason why they call me angeltoyin and gentletoyin? grin
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2008
@morenike

OK, senorita. grin grin Iyawo akata. grin grin
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2008
Ms. Lurker:

But who says that is the main reason African men are hooking up with AA women to marry? Outside of papers and all that other crap. People who are together, involved married with Africans (who already have citizenship) who have been together for years and years. I'm sorry but after awhile not everything is as freaky as it used to be. So what does that mean.

Also, not ALL and I stress ALL AA women fall for that. If that's the case, not just AA women are guilty of falling for an foreigner. It happens everywhere, worldwide. I own an international passport and I've used it frequently, so when you attempt to bash us, don't try to put us all in this box.  And how many people in Nigeria end up leaving? Are you saying that we can't spot a "hood" guy, come on. NO matter where you come from those type of guys are easy to spot. Some girls dig on that type of stuff. If they do, then let them go for it.

Everyone wants to try something new every now and again. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you learn from your mistake. Count your losses and move on.  grin

& D-Reloaded,

Are African Women more afraid of change? Just curious.

Who is bashing you guys?  Please it is the reality of things.  I don't have to bash anyone.  What you are describing there is not the norm.  Only very few compared to the whole "Nigerian-Black American" marriage thingy are successful WITHOUT strings attached. . . .I say go and check.  It is not the norm too for "Black Americans" to have international passports. . . .in fact most of them[b] sell [/b] them to other foreigners. grin  If not for the military. . . most will never leave from within the borders of America with only frequent visits on a CRUISE to Mexico or neighbouring Islands! grin  The reason most of you cannot differentiate between a country Nigeria or Kenya from a continent AFRICA!!!!! grin  Most of you still refer to Europe as a country.

I say it is not the norm.  But we need to relate all these to the main crux of this thread.  You will NOT find many African girls or women. . .dating or marrying Black American Men!  But you will find many Nigerian men dating and marrying "Black American" girls or women. . . I have explained why and those are the facts!  You guys have what we cannot give them and I am so glad about that! kiss  We dash una! grin No insult intended. . . for we have our own problems too and too bad. . . .those are the truths!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Tosyne2much Dating Farano? My Romance Section Folks. / Guys, Never You Lend Money To A Lady!!! / Parents Share Hilarious Photos Of Their Kids Asleep Various Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.