Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,294 members, 7,910,537 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 11:15 AM

Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! (7301 Views)

Should I Date This Black American Guy Or Leave Him Alone???? / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Ladies, Can You Date Or Marry A Black American Guy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 15, 2008
stillwater:

I don't follow people's "trend". I set up my own and other people follow. tongue cool cheesy
ok ma. . love the sound of that. . . .
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Busta(f): 1:53am On Mar 15, 2008
morenike09:

rotflmao cheesy. . .now i understand why my brother left you oh. . .you're one dangerous pikin. . .and here and there, i read people wanting to meet Busta and that Busta is gentle . . . woe to them, their minds have been poisoned
That ur yeye brotha. . . sorry for the next girl that comes along. I am indeed gentle but do not take my gentleness to mean stupidity!
enways. . at least i tried and he no work. u nko? when are sending me the aso ebi?
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 15, 2008
Busta:

That your yeye brotha. . . sorry for the next girl that comes along. I am indeed gentle but do not take my gentleness to mean stupidity!
enways. . at least i tried and he no work. u nko? when are sending me the aso ebi?

sorry oh, but what is aso ebi?
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Busta(f): 2:09am On Mar 15, 2008
morenike09:

sorry oh, but what is aso ebi?

and u call ursef a yoruba girl tongue

It's the group clothes that u family and friends wear on ur wedding day. u know how ur friends and family pick a design or ankara and head gear??

comprehende? grin grin cheesy
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 15, 2008
Busta:

and u call ursef a yoruba girl tongue

It's the group clothes that u family and friends wear on your wedding day. u know how your friends and family pick a design or ankara and head gear??

comprehende? grin grin cheesy
dnt blame me oh, it was how you wrote the yoruba na. . .abeg, dnt spoil my language.

aso ebi for you? when you divorced my bro and toook all the money? aso ebi ko aso eba ni tongue
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Busta(f): 2:23am On Mar 15, 2008
morenike09:

dnt blame me oh, it was how you wrote the yoruba na. . .abeg, dnt spoil my language.

aso ebi for you? when you divorced my bro and toook all the money? aso ebi ko aso eba ni tongue

Is there more to you and ur brotha that i don't know?
abi since when did u become an advocate for him . . . hmmmm ae u sure u guys are just brothers and sisters?

ha. . . fear dey catch me for una oh!
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 15, 2008
Busta:

Is there more to you and your brotha that i don't know?
abi since when did u become an advocate for him . . . hmmmm are u sure u guys are just brothers and sisters?

ha. . . fear dey catch me for una oh!

haaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . . that na abomination o. . .
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Busta(f): 2:30am On Mar 15, 2008
morenike09:

haaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . . that na abomination o. . .

but it does happen lipsrsealed
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 15, 2008
Busta:

but it does happen lipsrsealed
ni ilu ibo? she ni century yi? haba, so fun mi wipe iro ni ye o (since i know you can't understand yoruba like us expert, feel free to make me translate o tongue tongue)
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Busta(f): 2:42am On Mar 15, 2008
@morenike, iwo expert? pity ya!

i give up on u. both ma eyes are on both of u . . . watchin and monitoring u both closely. shocked shocked shocked shocked

mo fe lo sun jo . . . talk to ya tomoro.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 15, 2008
lol. . .goodnight o smiley
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by bawomolo(m): 6:07am On Mar 15, 2008
some of u guys have bad and harsh stereotype of africans
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by almondjoy(f): 6:23am On Mar 15, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! If stereotypes fit the general behaviour of "Africans", then you can only accept things as "sad but true"! The truth is bitter as some of you always preach! kiss
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2008
@Busta

Are you related to Busta rhymes?
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2008
Come to think of it, Colin Powell is an AA. Gosh, that is a real man !
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Nwaka77: 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2008
Sweet T:

Come to think of it, Colin Powell is an AA. Gosh, that is a real man !

Keep in mind that Collin Powell is of Jamaican descent. Bred in America but his parents are Jamaican

@topic

Hell No!!! Na craze? angry
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Dreloaded(f): 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2008
Most BAs consider Collin Powell a "white washed traitor" so there goes your logic
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by bawomolo(m): 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2008
Most BAs consider Collin Powell a "white washed traitor" so there goes your logic

not most, collin powell is actually pretty respected among blacks and once considered running for president. the black republicans that get the traitor tag are usually condi rice, stanley crouch or jessie lee peterson
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SweetT1: 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2008
How can he be a traitor?? The man is an outstanding soldier and an amazing civillian !

A 2 runs of Vietnam war (Even when most young men in the country to go)

A Successful conclusion of the first gulf war.

An outstanding joint chief of staff ( Even for a very difficult man like president Reagan)

A Successful secretary of states ( Quits do to disagreement with Bush on the Iraq war).

An amazing husband of over 40 years to his wife !

what else, i found out that most blacks that calls him a traitor are usually uneducated and racist. well, except for Harry belafonte. grin
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by skyone(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2008
@morenike

Pls where in the jungle can we meet, 'truly that's the only place we can be free from the world's unequitavle governance and stupid laws
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by bluespice(f): 8:50am On Jan 14, 2009
skyone:

@morenike

please where in the jungle can we meet, 'truly that's the only place we can be free from the world's unequitavle governance and stupid laws
classic! grin
more like lines u give to bohos
or emos use for each other grin grin

@ topic, y not?
the nigerian and african guys ive been oportuned to meet and misfortuned to be atrracted to make hell look relatively beautiful
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Magz(m): 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2009
I am to sorry but I can't marry a AA guy not at this time of my life when am trying to settle down by starting a family, I need good,loving,caring, trusthworthy, respectful and handworking husband, someone that can offer me a stable house and family, a father to my children, someone that understand the meaning of family, that knows the value and moral of my culture.

Don't get me wrong have dated AA during my teens years but now is time to focus on my goals.

I want a man that's greats my parents and family in a respectful way not saying Hi or hey. I don't want or need my family making an appointment with him before they are allow to see me or my children. I want my kids to be able to speak my langauge and understand it clearly.

AA guys are rude, no future plans, no moral,no goal.

Marrying a AA is like taking 10steps backward.

I love my Africans men, even though they can be controlling sometimes but I see a bright future with them. One love my Naija brothers.   

You could not have made a more bullshit statement!! I am so offended by this that it isn't even funny,  Like, you've ruined my whole day with your untrue, very biased stereotype!!

I am Igbo and Native American Indian (Blackfoot tribe). I am:
1)Good
2)Loving
3)Caring
4)Trustworthy
5)Respectful
6)Hardworking

So how can you say that Black Males in the states do not pocess these qualities? How the Bleep could you genaralize so much, when this country is beyond huge!! Nigeria is about the size of Texas (only one state out of 50), and the entire Naija population could fit inside of New York City alone. So how can you even speak for a small sample?? There are over 40 million Black people in the U.S.; And we are all ignorant and lack family values Bullshit!! I have a 5 year old son, and I take care of ALL of his needs, as I also do for my little sister. I go to school fulltime, and I work full-time. Not to mention, I am very educated on our culture, so don't be prejudiced / racist against me for no reason.

And for your stupidity, I am not rude. I do not lack goals. I do not lack morals. I study the ways of great men such as Malcolm X, Frederick Douglass, Huey P Newton, Alex Haley, Richard Wright, Sam Cooke, etc and implement their ways into my own life,  I epitomize greatness.

dammit,  cry undecided angry angry
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Magz(m): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2009
What on earth will you gain from fooling around with a "Black American" guy before you settle down?   You will only be risking your life if you do not end up in jail first.  The kind of lifestyle most get into will only send bad news to your village in "Africa" to quote my sistaas and brodaas from over here.  Okay, even if you give one of them a chance, due to the fragmented family set up most come from. . .you will definitely invite trouble from one of their distant relatives in form of a burglar or basement pharmarcist. . . unless you are dealing with the Barrack Obama kind. . . .and I do not need to tell you that only the Michelles Obama of this world can command the respect and attention of those.

Are you really this fucking stupid? Or are you just "racist"?? Either way, I am thoroughly disgusted by your comment. Furthermore, I hope that you go back home if this is how you really feel about our people.

Dumb fool.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by sistawoman: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2009
Magz:

You could not have made a more bullshit statement!! I am so offended by this that it isn't even funny, Like, you've ruined my whole day with your untrue, very biased stereotype!!

I am Igbo and Native American Indian (Blackfoot tribe). I am:
1)Good
2)Loving
3)Caring
4)Trustworthy
5)Respectful
6)Hardworking

So how can you say that Black Males in the states do not pocess these qualities? How the Bleep could you genaralize so much, when this country is beyond huge!! Nigeria is about the size of Texas (only one state), and the entire Naija population could fit inside of New York City alone. So how can you even speak for a small sample?? There are over 40 million Black people in the U.S.; And we are all ignorant and lack family values Bullshit!! I have a 5 year old son, and I take care of ALL of his needs, as I also do for my little sister. I go to school fulltime, and I work full-time. Not to mention, I am very educated on our culture, so don't be prejudiced / racist against me for no reason.

And for your stupidity, I am not rude. I do not lack goals. I do not lack morals. I study the ways of great men such as Malcolm X, Frederick Douglass, Huey P Newton, Alex Haley, Richard Wright, Sam Cooke, etc and implement their ways into my own life, I epitomize greatness.

dammit, cry undecided angry angry

Thank you thank you thank you for stepping up and defending our brothers.

I hate it when people just lump others into a group and stereotype them w/o doing due diligence and getting to know some of them.

Perhaps if they stayed away from the roasters and out of the ghettos they might find the quality brothers. How about they pay a visit to the local universities and get an educated brother instead of the local drug dealer off the corner. Because truth be told I have seen several drug dealers that are Nigerian, Jamaican, Brazilian and Black American.

We are not robots all made from the same mold and to group us all together like that is unfair and stupid.

GET OUT THE GHETTO!!!!!!!!!!

One should not choose a mate from the ghetto.

Yes I married a Nigerian man and love, love, love that man. But that does not mean that there are not GREAT black american men out there because there are and I am good friends with several of them.

I know several single dads who are black american. I know plenty of black americans that have been married to thier women for years and years and years and never sold any drugs, always took care of thier families (in fact all the wives are stay at home mothers), never cheated on thier women, never hit them, never disrespected them and over papamered them.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Magz(m): 6:08am On Jan 15, 2009
sistawoman:

I hate it when people just lump others into a group and stereotype them w/o doing due diligence and getting to know some of them.

Gratis
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Schalan: 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2009
I see there are just as many generalizations and stereotypes about AA men as there are about Nigerians. I have dated AAs who were jerks. I've dated Nigerians who were jerks. I guess it's true, you can't stereotype everyone.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by btrue(f): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2009
Schalan, Magz, SistaWoman THANKYOU!!! There will always be stereotypes about all cultures, races, places, etc. Just like there will always be someone talking about you (hating), obviously you can't stop the madness. That is just a token to know that we are doing something right. GO OBAMA!!

For the ones who have these crazy stereotypes about AA, where are you meeting these types of AA? Evaluate the places and people that you surround or associate yourself with. Where have you been living? Are you only able to place yourself in the environment where all you see is "those" types of AA you are talking about?

Are you serious, to say a black man can ruin you!! HAHAHAHA That is totally classless for anyone to say. Any man can ruin a female's life, vice versa, any woman can ruin a man's life. Grow up people. It is 2009 grin
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Sammy107d(m): 2:59am On Jan 16, 2009
Almond Joy!!! j/k
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Sammy107d(m): 3:04am On Jan 16, 2009
I've met people from all over, not one AA. Tried meeting a few online- no comment lipsrsealed
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by SeanT21(f): 4:00am On Jan 16, 2009
I will marry someone base on who they are as a person not their race or nationality.
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Latrice699gmailcom(f): 7:18am On Mar 23, 2012
Most AA men dont even marry Africian women for several reasons, I never seen an AA man run after an Africain chick.....
Re: Girls Can You Marry An African American Guy! by Rocktation(f): 8:12am On Mar 23, 2012
Nah. Don't think I can. I've got too much attitude of my own already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Serious Warning To Kossyablaze! / How I Started Sleeping With My Grand Mother / This Is The Most Mature And Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo You've Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.