Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,773 members, 7,915,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? (28079 Views)

This Are The Healthy Ways To Wash Your Vag!na And What To Avoid / Guys, Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Clothes? / Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Panties ? Please Say The Truth !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by oluwabamis(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2010
Fellow NLs, Happy new year from me and my family. In my candid opinion let the women do other house chores, but the clothes, let washaman do that.Lets treat these women with care. I wash my own clothes and the house help also helps.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2010
Its part of the duty of woman to take of the HOUSE which include doing husband's laundry.I dont know much but up til now,my mum stil watch my p-man's cloth and as their son,i dont think i can stand it seeing my dad washing his clothes by himself.I think married nL women views will be more welcomed here,these young ladies are just too amazing with their sentimental comments.No offence intended ladies mama-gee especially
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2010
Is this post not another feminist rant?
@ poster, who did your father's laundry? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Even the TV laundry soap commercials depict the lady of the house [married woman] doing this it. @ worst, get a laundry machine or washerman. cool cool cool cool cool
I don't know about boyfriend-girlfriend seeing most of such relationships are not genuine. Use your discretion is my advice on this seeing your thread asks about YOUR HUSBAND. cool cool cool cool

tine:

is it just me or are some guys  equating wife or girlfriend with servant?
a WIFE is a helper not a slave. If the workload is much hire a housemaid not an Ekaette though wey dey service Oga discretely.  grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Justcash(m): 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2010
In Nigerian cultures,  it is compulsory. Forget the western culture because it is not our way of life.

In Igboland a wife is called "Odozi aku". It means that she is the care taker of her husbands wealth and home.

If she insists on getting a job, she must play her role.

It will look very funny that a husband will be rushing home from work to do his laundry when he has a "Lolo" (Wife)  that  has two hands intact.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaah! it leads to marriage break ups. The man will definitely be damn wornout and will regret getting into the marriage, no matter how much he fell for the woman initially.

The culture is still being observed till date. Many working class ladies get houshelps to ensure that all the house chores they are surpposed to do are done even though they may not around (There are some avoidable consequences). Some househelps use that way to warm their way into the women's husband's hearts. Especially if the house girl is very attractive.

Ladies take note.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by babycakes2(f): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2010
i dont see any thing wrong with a lady doing her husband's laundry.However it becomes a problem when washing becomes exclusively the woman's job. I believe it should be shared. Where both parties are too busy,
they can get a washerman or washing machine.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by erastus75: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2010
LADIES IF UNA LIKE MAKE UNA DO AM, WHEN UNA EYES GO OPEN AND UR MAN DO WAKA, HAD I KNOWN WUD BE HEARD EVERYWHERE AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES.

What is a wife duty got to do with 21st century? I have seen that pride and too much "shakara" have taken over the minds of ladies nowadays. I cant really understand what is going on in the world today,all of una want be oyinbo abi?

Make una continue huh, look here I am married and my wife washes my clothes and I do sometimes help her out in the kitchen and that does not get into her. A wife must do what a wife got to do ok, stop bragging even if you are earning 100% more than your husband

Make una better go ask those old ladies hw dem take make their house sweet, stop all these 20th, 18th, 21st centuries stuff for it would destroy ur home and let me tip this in before I rest my case, this mallam that wanted to bomb American plane came to the internet for advice and who is he today?  A terrorist I suppose, therefore internet is not the best place for all this stuff, go to the best book ever written(BIBLE) for advice.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by rafcrown(m): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2010
If i were you
I would ask my mum
Is it compulsory for her to wash my dads clothes?
I believe only modern days ladies wont like to that
Upbringinging ,home training,laziness,dirtiness,women lib.
Are some of the reasons deducable for letting your man appear in public like a homeless person
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Justcash(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2010
Ladies watch this Youtube Nigerian musical video. It is the result of having wives who thinks they are "WESTERN WORKINGCLASS LADIES"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqu0XY1PHA

If it was in Yankee, the man will be thrown out, but in Naija, the Woman will either go home or stay to correct her mistakes.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by becomrich16: 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2010
look, i have lived abroad for several years . even white women wash thier husband cloth and even cook for them.

Obama said so about his wife too. that is a president wife. George bush wife was know for this. She never let other people cook for a husband. This is a white woman.

what unlucky man would marry you.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by becomrich16: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2010
look michelle obama was on television cooking for his husband. i would look for the video. who are you.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
necessary (doing the arrangement with a laundromat) but not compulsory
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by lalaboi(m): 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2010
If she doesnt. . who will?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by DoubleN(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
Well this is the new years where technology has changed our lives with the invention of the washing machine,dish washer and all that. But when push comes to shove,it still remains the woman's duty to make sure her husbands clothes are clean anyhow she does them is up to her!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by harakiri(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
Sometimes when i read these kind of posts, i feel very sorry for a lot of women.Every lady wants to be a "feminist" these days forgetting that the main root of feminism is politics and population control (i'll talk more about this in a later post).I'll take a cue from the bible. . .the creator of the world instructed women to be SUBMISSIVE to their husbands and also let us know that women are helpers unto men.For the Christian-turned-feminists, what is so complex about that to understand?

They will come on here asking dumb questions and when the man walks out of the relationship or seeks loving care elsewhere, they will still come here asking dumb questions about "what went wrong" and it all ends in the typical tirade comments of "men are bad" or "men are useless".

@NL ladies

If you like, don't wash his clothes all in the name of "equal rights" and feminism.Anything that happens is all your fault.I'll give you a hint.Look at marriages in the UK and US.Do you notice the skyrocketing divorce rates and steep decline in marriages? In 2008, the Uk recorded less than 260,000 marriages.10 years ago, it was more than triple that figure.What does that tell you?Abeg, make una open una sense ooo! Don't let all this feminism movement thing get to you or else you will be the victim of some politicians manipulation.You have been warned! ! !
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by nethacker(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2010
@poster,its poverty that will make u think of who washes ur hubby's clothes.where do u keep d washing machine dat can do the washing,rinsing n drying simultaneously? i dnt think i can let my wife wash my clothes with bare hands.lailai, she needs to be treated  like a queen,not like a slave.  wink
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by EHITZ(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
wen it is convenient, a woman ought to do it!!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by jklivin(f): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2010
lolzzz,
This is my very first contribution and i really like dis topic. I think that's what courtship (dating) period is for. As i date a guy, because i'm not begging hm 2 "put a ring on it", i'm not gonna lie and do for him things i don't even do for myself- i don't handwash my clothes. I put 'em in a washer and from there to a dryer. While i date d guy he's gonna see how i do it and when i go 2 his house and one way or another see his dirty clothes i'm gonna ask how he does 'em, I'M NOT GONNA VOLUNTEER 2 do it.
Forget that "our Nigerian culture" thng, we waaay past that now; we've done away with some we know r not practical like women staying at home and thngs, so washing ur man's clothes r optional.
If as a guy u thnk it's ha DUTY 2 clean up after u, sweetie WAKE UP! Or find sum1 hu dosen't know what she wants.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2010
From the questions i see on NL,
I can conclude that,

Most posters are still very young.
Most are from dysfunctional homes ( a home where the mom does her duties, it will reflect on the kids reasoning and attitude)
Most are immature.
Most are plain dull/stupid.
Most live in a fantasy world. Too much watching off Super sweet sixteen and the Kardashians.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Justcash(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2010
Ephesians 5: 22-25

Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands,   smiley

Husband love your wife,   cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqu0XY1PHA
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2010
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes?

What is there? Will it kill you? grin cheesy tongue
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by cliffbecks: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
it is right for the woman to wash her husband clothes , it is her duty the good women derive joy in do it ,as long as they love the man

cheesy cheesy[url][/url]
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by jude33084(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
I don't give my clothes to girl friends to wash,, are my sick?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by woye77: 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2010
yep! it is!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by toosoon(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2010
Thanks BlueDiva

My advice for working class couples!!!
Wife wash your husband's cloth.
while Husband washes wife's car and refill the tank.

End of story!!!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by jesunimofe: 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2010
No be only wash, na dryclean. Sshhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by gidson12(m): 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2010
well girls, i just think u should do wat is proper, if you can wash the cloths of the kids wats with washing your husbands cloths, well i'm not saying that u must do it, but there are certain things that the love for him should move you to do if he is very busy, i dont see u being taking as a slave while you do it, if your husband is reasonable at least he should show some form of appreciation verbally or otherwise, i think love should always be the motivating factor here wink
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by MackDealer: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2010
I think it's whatever works for you guys, I share the house chores with my wife, infact whoever has the time does it, while I understand the Nigerian culture thing my opinion is my wife is my partner not my slave, so I believe a couple should just figure out what works for them, my wife is better at cooking(as excepted :-) but hey I happily step in and cook when she can't, So I just think we Nigeria men should get off these culture thing and figure out what works best for our family, if you as the husband is better at doing lundry and you guys can't afford the househelp to do it by all means do it, it will not cause your manhood to suddenly stop working.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2010
BlueDiva
I hope you get a slowpoke as a husband who can do his laundry by himself.Your comment pukes me
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by bsanya(f): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2010
It's nt compulsory, it's a choice.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by udohzone(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2010
What kinda question? u expect someother woman/person other than you to handle that responsibility, u may not actually be the washer-"woman" but should take up supervisory role in the issue,

Except you are praying and hoping another creative person/woman takes control and show's you the way to manage and handle things,

Thanks!!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by SisiKill1: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2010
What is this? No washing machine or washman? Why do we have to make mountains out of molehills?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

How To Prank Your Girlfriend This Valentine. (guys Only) / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Cute Couple / Lies You Told Your Parents In The Name Of Love(teens Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.