Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,863 members, 7,876,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? (27845 Views)

This Are The Healthy Ways To Wash Your Vag!na And What To Avoid / Guys, Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Clothes? / Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Panties ? Please Say The Truth !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ancel(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2010
@Nwaka77: Actually we have also washing machines too in Nigeria. smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Bawss1(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2010
Nwakka is right
Nwaka77:

@ Topic:
If you marry an African/Naija, then good luck because his inflated ego will expect you to do everything in the home including his laundry.

Word!!!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2010
I don't understand why this thread is turning into an argument. I simply asked if it was compulsory for a woman to wash her husband's clothes. @Harakiri-what's your problem?How would you say that I was looking for a justification for not washing my husband's clothes?Did I say that I was totally against the idea. In one of my previous post, I said that when a woman is treated right by her husband,she would do so much for him without him asking. You better watch the way you speak. What is wrong with some males sef?(excludn ravenzord,aikuda nd few others) Why do you think the world was made specially for you?Puh, lease. You expect your wife to be a career woman and do all the house chores. Na wah oh!! Later when she starts aging faster than usual,you start asking her what is happening.Some of you would use that as an excuse to cheat on her saying "oh,she no longer appeals to me" or "she looks too old for my liking". , mttcheew, Remember that the woman was made out of the rib of the man. Not from the head to be in dominion over him, not from the feet to be trampled upon but from the side to be equal(though the man is still the head), under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2010
^^^^
Watch laudry soap adverts to answer your question?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Bawss1(m): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2010
@ Ginky

You have no idea what kind of unease you have created for the typical 9ja male with ur question. I think we( Nigerian men) have to be reschooled when it comes to family issues, so just take it easy when people leave angry retorts on your post. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 9:45am On Jan 03, 2010
ginky:

You expect your wife to be a career woman and do all the house chores. Na wah oh!! Later when she starts aging faster than usual,you start asking her what is happening.Some of you would use that as an excuse to cheat on her saying "oh,she no longer appeals to me" or "she looks too old for my liking". , mttcheew,  Remember that the woman was made out of the rib of the man. Not from the head to be in dominion over him, not from the feet to be trampled upon but from the side to be equal(though the man is still the head), under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved.   
Is washing of clothes doing all the house chores?
Get a washing machine and house help!
Is this thread really about not doing house chores because I never heard house chores making a woman age. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Doing house chores don't indicate a man has trampling dominion over his wife nor does it mean he's not protecting or loving her, ask your pastor.
Men are not against women having a career seeing they have sisters who are[&will be] educated , will be married someday and are not expected to be some man's foot mat because of marriage yet men look for a wife when marrying not a career woman& I believe vice versa. Marriage means your responsibilities is more to your family  rather than any career.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 03, 2010
Bawss1:

@ Ginky

You have no idea what kind of unease you have created for the typical 9ja male with your question. I think we( Nigerian men) have to be reschooled when it comes to family issues, so just take it easy when people leave angry retorts on your post. grin grin grin
You are right, Nigerian men have to be reschooled indeed because we are in the 21st century but they are still dragging their feet in the 6th century, im surprised they are not dragging their wives by the hair. If we both bring home the bacon then we are going to have to share house duties.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by gidson12(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

You are right, Nigerian men have to be reschooled indeed because we are in the 21st century but they are still dragging their feet in the 6th century, im surprised they are not dragging their wives by the hair. If we both bring home the bacon then we are going to have to share house duties.
"Nigerian men have to be reschooled" including your father too wink
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chika98: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2010
gidson12:

"Nigerian men have to be reschooled" including your father too wink
And you had to go there because?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by gidson12(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2010
because his father too is a man and maybe leaving in the 21st century
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2010
@ochuko-did I say that doing the housechores would make a woman age?A man who expects the wife to do everything puts pressure on his wife. Am sure I don't need to tell you that women worry too much and it's the face that it gets to easily. Please read carefully before replying. I have taken some time to read everybody's post and that was why I said "all the house chores". Didn't you notice that most males were of the opinion that the women should do everything while they go to work and also expect the woman to do the same? Besides,you're just speaking for yourself. Go back to the earlier pages and you would see what am saying.       @bawss1- you're definitely right.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chika98: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2010
gidson12:

because his father too is a man and maybe leaving in the 21st century
it pays to be sensible and mature. Her father has nothing to do with the discussion.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 10:21am On Jan 03, 2010
[/quote]
ginky:

@ochuko-did I say that washing clothes would make a woman age?Please read carefully before replying.

I never said that, this is what I said
[quote author=ochukoccna link=topic=374266.msg5239146#msg5239146 date=1262508325]
Is washing of clothes doing all the house chores?
Get a washing machine and house help!
Is this thread really about not doing house chores because I never heard house chores making a woman age. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
In response to what you said here.
ginky:

I don't understand why this thread is turning into an argument. I simply asked if it was compulsory for a woman to wash her husband's clothes. You expect your wife to be a career woman and do all the house chores. Na wah oh!! Later when she starts aging faster than usual,you start asking her what is happening.
[size=14pt]Read between the lines before jumping to half truths& suppositions[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by gidson12(m): 10:27am On Jan 03, 2010
chika98:

it pays to be sensible and mature. Her father has nothing to do with the discussion.
though i never meant it in a wrong way, i only made reference to her general use of men in her statement, i think this issue has a bearing on every family, as the question defines the role of each spouse , if some ladies out of pride refuse to wash the cloths of their husband because they feel that it tampers on their equality and not on love, then i think we are really missing the point. we should look at the wonderful example of our parents if they still happily leave together and find out what really kept them going. u never understood me
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chika98: 10:29am On Jan 03, 2010
gidson12:

though i never meant it in a wrong way, i only made reference to her general use of men in her statement, i think this issue has a bearing on every family, as the question defines the role of each spouse , if some ladies out of pride refuse to wash the cloths of their husband because they feel that it tampers on their equality and not on love, then i think we are really missing the point. we should look at the wonderful example of our parents if they still happily leave together and find out what really kept them going. u never understood me

I did but I don't understand the reference to her father. You can get your point across without talking about him. Surely we are having a sensible conversation here aren't we? All I ask is to show the lady and her father some respect by leaving him out of your convo.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by gidson12(m): 10:34am On Jan 03, 2010
chika98:

I did but I don't understand the reference to her father. You can get your point across without talking about him. Surely we are having a sensible conversation here aren't we? All I ask is to show the lady and her father some respect by leaving him out of your convo.
hmmn, ok i see your point, thanks wink
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chika98: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2010
gidson12:

hmmn, ok i see your point, thanks wink

You're welcome good Sir cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by jenlucas(m): 11:13am On Jan 03, 2010
sure,if not her who wil cool cool
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by BrOwnSuga3: 11:18am On Jan 03, 2010
this is not an issue
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by EchuaA: 11:24am On Jan 03, 2010
I'm a man but I quite disagree with those who say it is a must. Nothing in Life is a must, it depends on the compromise within the family. It deepens the love in homes. If the man and woman can stand in 4each other, the home will be better 4it. I believe that a woman relevance and values will be more if she forms a habit of washin her man's clothes.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by vanitty: 11:28am On Jan 03, 2010
Useless husband want his clothes washed? what is wrong with his own hands undecided Men that thinks ladies are inferior to them also fall in this category - unfortunately /fortunately for them they are destined to a lifetime of loneliness

But when you see a good husband"the kind that makes you thank God every single day", a good respectful husband that treats you like a queen, what won't you do for this kind of man? almost nothing
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by EchuaA: 11:37am On Jan 03, 2010
what is wrong with his own hands
@Vanity: A Husband is like an Army, u will never know their relevance unless there is war. No matter how bad a man is when his wife is in trouble, He rises to the occassion. It is then u appreciate him. Bicos there is no war, the govt can't stop funding the military so it is with the home cos occasion has not warranted ur husband + response, u can't stop bin a 1daful Housewife
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Mavor: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2010
Let's ignore the fact that I personally don't like anyone doing my laundry but me, if a Christian lady does not know she has her own share of responsibilities in her matrimonial home, the way the man has is own share, responsibilities which includes amongst other things, taking care of the cleanliness of the home and its members in every way, then too bad for her. We'll see how long that marriage lasts. The problem with modern women these days is that they try to supplant the role that God has already crafted for a man in a home while at the same time ignoring their own roles. It's unfortunate. You modern women are better off marrying one another.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by vanitty: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2010
Echua A:

@Vanity: A Husband is like an Army, u will never know their relevance unless there is war. No matter how bad a man is when his wife is in trouble, He rises to the occassion. It is then u appreciate him. Bicos there is no war, the govt can't stop funding the military so it is with the home cos occasion has not warranted your husband + response, u can't stop bin a 1daful Housewife

so for a woman to enjoy her marriage life and appreciate her husband, she has to be in a bad situation? You get what you deserve, you don't treat you wife as a 2nd class citizen and expect her to be good to you do you?

And mavor, it goes both ways , does a christian husband knows his role? Didn't the scriptures say "Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2) or is there a set rule that I am not aware off?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Mavor: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2010
Stop trying to twist the Word to fulfill your own needs. It will get you nowhere in the long run. Besides, that particular verse can be interpreted in a million and one ways. We are talking her about an individual's duty in his/her matrimonial home. A Christian husband's duty is to provide for the welfare of his family, love and honor his wife and bring up his kids with good morals. You women want to add sweeping, cleaning dishes and doing laundry to that one.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2010
vanitty:

And mavor, it goes both ways , does a christian husband knows his role? Didn't the scriptures say  "Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2) or is there a set rule that I am not aware off?
Yep the Scriptures say that but you are way off the mark seeing you are quoting it out of context as that Scripture was talking about reaching out& lifting up your Brethen who fall into sin back into righteousness not a husband/wife relationship.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2010
@ Vanitty, this are New Testament Scriptures for you to check out regarding husband/wife relationships if that's what you were really trying to do in the 1st place. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Ephesians 5:22-25,33
22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her----33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Colossians 3:18-19
18Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1Peter3:1-7
1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
7Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2010
Another Scripture
1 Timothy 5:8
8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Sex In The Office: Myth Or Fact / Man Who Duped His Fiancée Arrested And Placed In A Police Cell / Which One Has Bigger Penïs ? and why ? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.