Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,370 members, 7,884,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 04:12 PM

Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy (6184 Views)

Fayose Canvasses Juicy Ministerial Position For Fayemi / Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari / Igbo Group Canvasses Support For Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by aloyemeka7: 2:45am On Jan 14, 2010
becomrich;:

Yorubas are not seeking for Autonomy in Nigeria. we want to leave Nigeria like the Oni of Ife has said. Republic of Benin.

We want to be part of the republic of Benin. And if anyone doubt, the United nation can conduct a poll, if we want to leave Nigeria or remain in Nigeria. We want to leave. It is not in our best interest to have remain in Nigeria. Autonomy does not solve our problem. We had autonomy in the 60,s but what happen was the north use the military to remove. And it is only a yoruba man who does not know his history that would tell you that autonomy in Nigeria is the solution. It is a temporary solution before the north do what they did in the 60,s.

We leave Nigeria to join the republic of Benin. And that give us forever autonomy that can never be cancel. We do not benefit anything from other ethnics in Nigeria that we need to remain with them.

They are the one gaining financial and otherwise from us.  So any yorubaman who think, that state allocation would stop, is A SlowPoke. He does not know maths.

We have calculated the gain and lost in dollar. It is only a silly Yorubaman that would want to remain in Nigeria. If you are not gaining anything from the other person, do you remain with them and let them dry you up, while they keep thier own.

Our future is in better in Benin republic than Nigeria. 1,000,000 times.

Why can't you stay on your own without transferring your wahala to the rep of Benin?
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 2:46am On Jan 14, 2010
tpia.:

Adumu is another name for Oduduwa in an Ijaw dialect

ie they have a prince named Adumu who they identify as being Oduduwa.

Point is, this is meant to show some linkage with ancient Ife

hmm i don't really buy that . . . cus it does not really tally with the statement presented in the same line of information.

- If you are correct then it means you are saying Adumu is an ORU prince at the same time as he was the King Adumu-ala (Oduduwa).

- The information made a distinction between the King Adumu-ala . . . and the Oru princes . . . hence the information used the King as a separate reference point in time to show for the description of the Oru princes.

- Hence by my own deduction . . . Oru princes Adumu is not the same as Oduduwa . . . otherwise it would not make sense to use his reign as king as a reference time and then also refer to him as an Oru prince.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by OAM4J: 2:49am On Jan 14, 2010

[size=18pt]HID meets Yoruba leaders today[/size]

A meeting of all political leaders in Yorubaland is scheduled to hold today. According to the convener of the meeting, who is also the wife of the sage, Chief (Mrs) H.I.D. Awolowo, the meeting will be held at the Efunyela Hall at the Awolowos’ residence, Ikenne, Ogun State. It will start by 12 noon.
Chief (Mrs) Awolowo, in a press release, said the meeting became imperative as it would deliberate on issues affecting the Yoruba nation and proffer solutions to some of the challenges threatening peace among the leaders.
The co-ordinators of the meeting, according to her, are Bishops Bolanle Gbonigi and Olusina Fape, as well as Senators Femi Okurounmu; Tony Adefuye; Chief Ebenezer Babatope and Prince Segun Adesegun.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/14012010/news/news6.html
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by eyesonyou: 2:50am On Jan 14, 2010
becomrich;:

Yorubas are not seeking for Autonomy in Nigeria. we want to leave Nigeria like the Oni of Ife has said. Republic of Benin.

We want to be part of the republic of Benin. And if anyone doubt, the United nation can conduct a poll, if we want to leave Nigeria or remain in Nigeria. We want to leave. It is not in our best interest to have remain in Nigeria. Autonomy does not solve our problem. We had autonomy in the 60,s but what happen was the north use the military to remove. And it is only a yoruba man who does not know his history that would tell you that autonomy in Nigeria is the solution. It is a temporary solution before the north do what they did in the 60,s.

We leave Nigeria to join the republic of Benin. And that give us forever autonomy that can never be cancel. We do not benefit anything from other ethnics in Nigeria that we need to remain with them.

They are the one gaining financial and otherwise from us.  So any yorubaman who think, that state allocation would stop, is A SlowPoke. He does not know maths.

We have calculated the gain and lost in dollar. It is only a silly Yorubaman that would want to remain in Nigeria. If you are not gaining anything from the other person, do you remain with them and let them dry you up, while they keep thier own.

Our future is in better in Benin republic than Nigeria. 1,000,000 times.

Becomrich,

You should wake up from your slumber. Which Yoruba people want to join Benin Republic?
I seriously doubt if you are a Yoruba person from Nigeria.  You are likely to be Egun.
Stop this your moronic rant and put away the Crayola as well.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

hmm i don't really buy that . . . cus it does not really tally with the statement presented in the same line of information.

- If you are correct then it means you are saying Adumu is an ORU prince at the same time as he was the King Adumu-ala (Oduduwa).

- The information made a distinction between the King Adumu-ala . . . and the Oru princes . . . hence the information used the King as a separate reference point in time to show for the description of the Oru princes.

- Hence by my own deduction . . . Oru princes Adumu is not the same as Oduduwa . . . otherwise it would not make sense to use his reign as king as a reference time and then also refer to him as an Oru prince.

I dont really feel like searching for information right now, since its time consuming, but the Ijaws themselves make a linkage with Ife and Oduduwa through their oral tradition. These kind of things have all been researched thoroughly in the past.

But like i pointed out before, Ijaws have more in common with Igbos and other south south and south eastern groups, than they have with Yorubas, imo.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 2:52am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

It is not stealing. It was just what the political system then allowed. You cannot use your common sense to judge or justify the actions of the past. Everything done in the past is base on the common interest of the people at that time. The Sokoto Empire was the rising Superpower in the region then, and it was politically wise for them to align themselves with the dominating superpower of the region. Just like the way many countries are aligning themseves with America. Hence the Fulani did not steal or decieve anybody then.

- It is stealing . . . cus Afonja did not give it to Hausa Fulani . . . instead it was stolen from him via deceit . . .

- Stealing is stealing whether it happened in 10 AD or it happened in 2000 BC or 2010 AD . . . stealing has not changed in definition.

- Can you please stop trying to white wash history . . .its starting to sound irritating . . .

The Sokoto Empire was the rising Superpower in the region then

- Hence should it be safe for me to assume that you are an Hausa-Fulani . . . seeing that you are doing your best to explain away the fact that Ilorin was stolen from Afonja . . . Ilorin was not won in a war against Yorubas . . . Ilorin was stolen from the Afonjas as an act of betray . . . considering that the Afonjas had already cut themselve off from other Yorubas.

- That you are trying to prop up Sokoto Caliphate just goes to show that you are probably an Hausa-Fulani yourself.

Edit (correction of error in the statement) :

- Do you even know that Fulanis also took over Hausa land . . .hence Emirs are not really Kings  . . . instead Emirs are mere religious leaders . . . used to lord it over the Hausas . . .

- Hausas were the ones who owned the land . . . . .before the maruading islamic armies of Usman dan Fodio came about . . .

- Do you know that Hausa kings were overthrown by the Fulani . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 2:53am On Jan 14, 2010
in progress
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Tsiya(m): 2:54am On Jan 14, 2010
tpia.:

Is there a particular human society you know of which doesnt have myths and folklores?

enlighten us since I've never heard of any.

Of course people will look the same to an outsider, but all that means is the outsider isnt familiar with the territory.

Its like saying all whites look the same or all Asians look the same, to a non-white or non-Asian

Well every society has, but the way you people are arguing using that folklore as a proof doesn't make sense. Historias that always try to piece history of a community try to differenciate between the reality and myths.

You guys you all look alike.

When I went to the NYSC at the CAMP, Nigerians have to introduce themselves and where they come from, especially those that do not have tribal name as first name.
coper 1"Where are you from" , Coper 2 "Iam from Auchi" Coper 1 "that is Edo now, I thought you are from Cross Rivers" Coper 2 "God Forbid, do I look like them" Coper 3 "Look at this guy, na ma state you de call God Forbid"

When I looked at them, they all look alike and they cannot tell each by just looking at their faces. Common Stop wasting your times. You all look alike. Next time look at the next Nigerian neighbour you have, you cannot say from which state he or she is, you have to ask, unless she have a tribal name.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 2:56am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

Well every society has, but the way you people are arguing using that folklore as a proof doesn't make sense. Historias that always try to piece history of a community try to differenciate between the reality and myths.

When I went to the NYSC at the CAMP, Nigerians have to introduce themselves and where they come from, especially those that do not have tribal name as first name.
coper 1"Where are you from" , Coper 2 "Iam from Auchi" Coper 1 "that is Edo now, I thought you are from Cross Rivers" Coper 2 "God Forbid, do I look like them" Coper 3 "Look at this guy, na ma state you de call God Forbid"

When I looked at them, they all look alike and they cannot tell each by just looking at their faces. Common Stop wasting your times. You all look alike. Next time look at the next Nigerian neighbour you have, you cannot say from which state he or she is, you have to ask, unless she have a tribal name.

Which is why you are eager to emphasis that Hausa - Fulani did not steal ilorin . . . and also eager to emphasis that Sokoto Caliphate was the so called Superpower . . .  grin grin grin . . .

Who asked you if Sokoto caliphate is a super power . . . you are just exposing yourself . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Katsumoto: 2:56am On Jan 14, 2010
eyesonyou:

Becomrich,

You should wake up from your slumber. Which Yoruba people want to join Benin Republic?
I seriously doubt if you are a Yoruba person from Nigeria.  You are likely to be Egun.
Stop this your moronic rant and put away the Crayola as well.

Don't mind that dude; I have been telling him to relocate with his family and the Ooni to Republic of Benin. Which Yoruba person wants to be part of Benin Republic?
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:04am On Jan 14, 2010
Please how do i embedd a document on nairaland . . . from a website like Scribd . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Tsiya(m): 3:05am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

- It is stealing . . . cus Afonja did not give it to Hausa Fulani . . . instead it was stolen from him via deceit . . .

- Stealing is stealing whether it happened in 10 AD or it happened in 2000 BC or 2010 AD . . . stealing has not changed in definition.

- Can you please stop trying to white wash history . . .its starting to sound irritating . . .

- Hence should it be safe for me to assume that you are an Hausa-Fulani . . . seeing that you are doing your best to explain away the fact that Ilorin was stolen from Afonja . . . Ilorin was not won in a war against Yorubas . . . Ilorin was stolen from the Afonjas as an act of betray . . . considering that the Afonjas had already cut themselve off from other Yorubas.

- That you are trying to prop up Sokoto Caliphate just goes to show that you are probably an Hausa-Fulani yourself.

- Do you even know that Fulanis also used the same tactics of taken over Hausa land . . .hence Emirs are not really Kings  . . . instead Emirs are mere religious leaders . . . used to lord it over the Hausas . . .

- Hausas were the ones who owned the land . . . . .before the maruading islamic armies of Usman dan Fodio came about . . .

- Do you know that Hausa kings were overthrown by the Fulani . . .

I didn't say they were invaded. I said that is what the political system permitted that time.

I don't think there is point in arguing with you, if you think you want to use your common sense and revisit the history. You cannot undo the action of the pass, but you can forge ahead. If you look at the human history all over the world it constitute of change in society as a result of either change in aliegience or change occupation. The Affonjas decided to give their allegience to the dominating power in the region and who by the way, are already on their boarder.

Iam not trying to be sentimental here, neither am I saying the actions of the past is the best. But people shouldn't get emotional over the action of the past. We have no power to undo history, no matter how you define it, stealing, deciete, occopation, 419, or whatever, it was done being in the best interest of the people of that time. Do not forget that those years, where the years of conquers and counter conquers, slave raiding and counter slave raiding. History will not tell us today why the Afonjas cut of with their kinsmen, history can only speculate since no writen account was left.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 14, 2010
@ no2atheism

quick correction:

Adumu was the father of Ujo, an important prince and founder of many Ijaw clans.

Adumu also goes by other names, one of which is identified as Oduduwa.

You may remember tales of how Oduduwa sent many of his descendants out to rule over surrounding towns and also founded a lot of city-states.

When they came and settled in the central delta, the ancestors personified by Ujo, after establishing their authority over preexisting settlements (central delta), instructed an expedition force to go and guard the mouth of the delta and other important places along the coast as stipulated by his father King Adumu. These people became the ancestors of several Izon clans

http://www.shvoong.com/humanities/1728517-ijaw-history-continue/

Now, I'm not saying its set in stone, but i believe the various sites with this information got it from somewhere, most likely the old books. Which in turn were based on written tradition.

http://www.ijawdictionary.com/menu/TheIjoGenesis.pdf

He's also called Adimu in some accounts.

Point is- this oral tradition shows an Ife link.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Tsiya(m): 3:07am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

Which is why you are eager to emphasis that Hausa - Fulani did not steal ilorin . . . and also eager to emphasis that Sokoto Caliphate was the so called Superpower . . .  grin grin grin . . .

Who asked you if Sokoto caliphate is a super power . . . you are just exposing yourself . . .

Did I tell you Iam hiding?
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:08am On Jan 14, 2010
tpia.:

@ no2atheism

quick correction:

Adumu was the father of Ujo, an important prince and founder of many Ijaw clans.

Adumu also goes by other names, one of which is identified as Oduduwa.

You may remember tales of how Oduduwa sent many of his descendants out to rule over surrounding towns and also founded a lot of city-states.

Now, I'm not saying its set in stone, but i believe the various sites with this information got it from somewhere, most likely the old books. Which in turn were based on written tradition.

http://www.ijawdictionary.com/menu/TheIjoGenesis.pdf

He's also called Adimu in some accounts.

Point is- this oral tradition shows an Ife link.

Correction taken and noted . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by sjeezy8: 3:09am On Jan 14, 2010
Yorubas have very rich history.

Any way you look at it current day ilorin and kwara state is both fulani and yorubas mixed together most likely due to islam. I have met many who claim and speak yoruba but have the names Gambari, danjuma, badmos, saraki,sanusi etc non yoruba names
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

well, in Africa, oral tradition is what we go by. Even the Berbers dont have a pre Islamic written history outside of Roman and Greek records - they're just trying to revive their native alphabet now.

To a non-white, all whites look the same. To a non-Asian, all Asians look the same. To a foreigner, all middle easterners look the same.

so its normal not to be able to distinguish between people you're not familiar with. To most southerners, all northerners also look the same.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by SEFAGO(m): 3:10am On Jan 14, 2010
LOL, the way y'all are arguing one would think African history was well documented or you guys were there.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:14am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

Did I tell you Iam hiding?

- Accept my apologies then . . . i was initially seeing u as someone else . . .

- Hence it is save to say that you are basically trying to whitewash history on behalf of the Hausa-Fulani . . . hence your statements like:

Past cannot be changed . . .
Hausa-Fulani did not steal Ilorin . . .

Bottom line is that : Truth would always prevail . . .Hausa-Fulani dominance of ilorin and Nigeria is based on false-hood  . . . hence as far as I am concerned the earlier the truth is revealed the better . . . for other members of Nigeria.

The only reason Hausa-Fulani as still having a say in Ilorin is because of Northern domination of Nigeira. . . I suspect that the not long after Nigeria splits up . . .Yorubas of Ilorin would reclaim back the Kingship of that town from the Hausa-Fulani families that stole it from them in the first place.

The reality is that Yorubas has little in common with Hausas in terms of culture apart from colour of our skin . . . do u even know that Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis were at war before the formation of this contraption known as Nigeria . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:16am On Jan 14, 2010
sjeezy8:

Yorubas have very rich history.

Any way you look at it current day ilorin and kwara state is both fulani and yorubas mixed together most likely due to islam. I have met many who claim and speak yoruba but have the names Gambari, danjuma, badmos, saraki etc non yoruba names

Because :

- They are seeking political favour . . . in a place classified as north in a northern dominated Nigeria.

- Hence it is understandable that some of the people might pick up Hausa-Fulani names without being Hausa-Fulani or some Hausa-Fulani might use yoruba names so as to make themselve more presentable to Yorubas.

Take the Saraki Family for example . . . they are Fulanis using Yoruba first names . . . hence it is easy for them to deceive a Yoruba person that does not know about history . . .

- They are Hausa-Fulani trying to blend in with the majority of the yoruba people there . . .

- Some of them have been brainwashed by Islam hence they can't think beyond their noses to see that the same Islam was used by Hausa-Fulanis when they were taking over Ilorin from Afonja . . . hence why it is said that those who do not know history are bound to repeat it.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by sjeezy8: 3:18am On Jan 14, 2010
If Nigeria was to split today the whole state of kwara will go along with the yorubas. No doubt
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:19am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

The Affonjas decided to give their allegience to the dominating power in the region and who by the way, are already on their boarder.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

yea right . . .

- Please stop trying to whitewash history . . . Afonjas did not give Ilorin to Hausa-Fulani . . .instead Ilorin was stolen from Afonja by the Hausa-Fulani . . .

Stop trying to create a false impression . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------

I laugh in mandarin . . .cus u seem to be hellbent on trying to re-write history . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Tsiya(m): 3:22am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

- Accept my apologies then . . . i was initially seeing u as someone else . . .

- Hence it is save to say that you are basically trying to whitewash history on behalf of the Hausa-Fulani . . . hence your statements like:

Past cannot be changed . . .
Hausa-Fulani did not steal Ilorin . . .

Bottom line is that : Truth would always prevail . . .Hausa-Fulani dominance of ilorin and Nigeria is based on false-hood and connivance with the West . . . hence as far as I am concerned the earlier the truth is revealed the better . . . for other members of Nigeria.

The only reason Hausa-Fulani as still having a say in Ilorin is because of Northern domination of Nigeira. . . I suspect that the not long after Nigeria splits up . . .Yorubas of Ilorin would reclaim back the Kingship of that town from the Hausa-Fulani families that stole it from them in the first place.

The reality is that Yorubas has little in common with Hausas in terms of culture apart from colour of our skin . . . hence why we were at war before the coming of the british . . .

I didn't know that what you care about is just the KingShip.

I was thinking we are trying to move towards future, where equality and justicie should prevail. And no man, shall by virtue of his birth be considered superior to other man.

The current emir of Ilorin is not hausa, cos he neither speak the language or understand the language and I thought after over a century of being in tha place, he deserve to be called a native of that land.

And personally I do not care if he is remove and replaced with a Yoruba man after all, they do not contribute to development rather they contribute to the corruption of the system
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by eyesonyou: 3:23am On Jan 14, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, the way y'all are arguing one would think African history was well documented or you guys were there.

The period in discuss (early 1800s) is well documented through oral tradition and written records.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Tsiya(m): 3:25am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

yea right . . .

- P[b]lease stop trying to whitewash history . . . Afonjas did not give Ilorin to Hausa-Fulani . . .instead Ilorin was stolen from Afonja by the Hausa-Fulani . . .

[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------

I laugh in mandarin . . .cus u seem to[b] be hellbent on trying to re-write history[/b] . . .  

You are the one that is trying to re write history. You  cannot use common sense to judge to action of history.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:30am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

I didn't know that what you care about is just the KingShip.

I was thinking we are trying to move towards future, where equality and justicie should prevail. And no man, shall by virtue of his birth be considered superior to other man.

The current emir of Ilorin is not hausa, cos he neither speak the language or understand the language and I thought after over a century of being in tha place, he deserve to be called a native of that land.

And personally I do not care if he is remove and replaced with a Yoruba man after all, they do not contribute to development rather they contribute to the corruption of the system

- Yes I am concerned about Kingship . . . cus Hausa-Fulani have no business in Ilorin . .  .talkless of them being rulers in Ilorin or Kwara for that matter.

- It is this same Kingship that Hausa - Fulani are using to oppress my people (Yoruba people) in Ilorin . . . hence it is my responsibility to expose the lies right from the top . . . where it matters most.

I thought after over a century of being in tha place, he deserve to be called a native of that land.

- No he does not

- No he is not a native . . . . .cus he did not become the Emir as someone trying to assimilate into the Yoruba culture . . . instead he became the Emir because Hausa-Fulani betrayed Afonja and stole Ilorin from Afonja . . . hence he is in Ilorin because Hausa-Fulani are trying to hold on to stolen property.

- By your logic then that means . . . Europeans can also claim to natives of the middle east since some of them have been there for centuries . . . (then why are muslims fighting against europeans in the middle east) . . .can u know see how weak your conclusion really is.

- By your logic then it means that White Americans can also claim to be Native Americans since they have been there for at least 400years . . .

Do you now see how ridiculous your statement sounds . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:32am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

You are the one that is trying to re write history. You  cannot use common sense to judge to action of history.

undecided

. . . Afonjas did not give Ilorin to Hausa-Fulani . . .instead Ilorin was stolen from Afonja by the Hausa-Fulani . . .

Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by eyesonyou: 3:33am On Jan 14, 2010
sjeezy8:

If Nigeria was to split today the whole state of kwara will go along with the yorubas. No doubt

I concur! If Nigeria is to split, Kwarans will undoubtedly align with the other Yorubas of the SW.
I have never met any Kwaran who considers himself/herself anything else other than Yoruba.

Of course, you have some who in the interim will claim to be something else for political gain; even those
ones will quickly reclaim their Yoruba ancestry if Nigeria was to split.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:33am On Jan 14, 2010
sjeezy8:

Lets wait and see . . . please do not under estimate the power of islamic brainwashing . . . notice how Hausas have become very submissive to their Fulani Emirs (who were invaders in the first place) . . .

Hence please do not underestimate the possibility that some Ilorin Yorubas might have become so brainwashed and without a sense of direction that they might actually fight against joining with their Yoruba brethren . . .

It sounds far fetched . . .but u just have to look at the history of Ilorin for you to see that its not that far fetched . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:37am On Jan 14, 2010
Personally I would wish Nigeria should split tomorrow morning without bloodshed cus Hausa-Fulanis have seriously hindered the progress of Yorubas as a group of people . . .

--------------------------

Hausa-Fulani have been using religion as a basis for political gain right from the time of Usman dan Fodio hence . . . am not suprised that religion is still being used till today for political gain by the North . . . consequently, Nigeria has become almost a failed state. . .

The earlier Yorubas stand on their own the better  . . . anyone that wishes to join the Yorubas would have to do it on our terms and not on the terms of Britain or US . . . enough is enough . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by sjeezy8: 3:40am On Jan 14, 2010
True the same muslims "yoruba first name -fulani surname " didnt say a word during the time of MKO Abiola it was afenifere.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Tsiya(m): 3:41am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

- Yes I am concerned about Kingship . . . cus Hausa-Fulani have no business in Ilorin . .  .talkless of them being rulers in Ilorin or Kwara for that matter.

- It is this same Kingship that Hausa - Fulani are using to oppress my people (Yoruba people) in Ilorin . . . hence it is my responsibility to the expose the lies right from the top . . . where it matters most.

- No he does not

- No he is not a native . . . . .cus he did not become the Emir as someone trying to assimilate into the Yoruba culture . . . instead he became the Emir because Hausa-Fulani betrayed Afonja and stole Ilorin from Afonja . . . hence he is in Ilorin because Hausa-Fulani are trying to hold on to stolen property.

- By your logic then that means . . . Europeans can also claim to natives of the middle east since some of them have been there for centuries . . . (then why are muslims fighting against europeans in the middle east) . . .can u know see how weak your conclusion really is.

- By your logic then it means that White Americans can also claim to be Native Americans since they have been there for at least 400years . . .

Do you now see how ridiculous your statement sounds . . .

We all know that the Middle east/European is all about religious identity not settlement or cultural, to which in this case we are not arguing about it.

The case of Americans and Native Americas is even more ridiculous here. Have you ever seen native Americans asking the white Americans to pack and leave their country? And even if they do, certainly they will not leave, it will just be a fantasy.

Now, I understand where you are driving to, but you will get to no where. Better be realistic. The world will not go into a reverse gear . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Spokesman Pleads Guilty, Convicted / "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group / Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.