Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,921 members, 7,909,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 03:55 AM

Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy (6217 Views)

Fayose Canvasses Juicy Ministerial Position For Fayemi / Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari / Igbo Group Canvasses Support For Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by eyesonyou: 3:45am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

undecided

. . . Afonjas did not give Ilorin to Hausa-Fulani . . .instead Ilorin was stolen from Afonja by the Hausa-Fulani . . .

Stop trying to create a false impression . . .

Of course Afonja did not give Ilorin to the Hausa-Fulani!  Who in their right senses would lead a rebellion only to give it out.

Afonja enlisted the help of the Hausa-Fulani to fight Oyo empire; however,  they helped him
for a while but they later turned around and and killed him, for it was their intent from the beginning to conquer Ilorin.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:50am On Jan 14, 2010
Tsiya:

We all know that the Middle east/European is all about religious identity not settlement or cultural, to which in this case we are not arguing about it.

The case of Americans and Native Americas is even more ridiculous here. Have you ever seen native Americans asking the white Americans to pack and leave their country? And even if they do, certainly they will not leave, it will just be a fantasy.

Now, I understand where you are driving to, but you will get to no where. Better be realistic. The world will not go into a reverse gear . . . .

- Exactly . . . now u see why i am saying u are exposing urself . . .

- first you are hiding behind the idea of we can't change the past . . .

- now u are exposing yourself that you 'you support the idea that Hausa-Fulani' is ruling . . .maybe cus u are benefitting one way or another.

The world will not go into a reverse gear . . . .

- Watch and see as we leave you to your desert up there in the north . . . where there would be no more oil money to exploit . . .

- where you become landlocked . . .

----------------------------------------------------------

1. Ladies and Gentlemen . . . i think I have succeeded in making Tsiya to show his or her true colours and opinion as regards the status of Hausa-Fulani in Nigeria . . .

2. From Tsiya statements i think it is safe to say that Tsiya prefers the status quo . . . and wants the status quo to continue . . .

3. It can be seen that as far as Tsiya is concerned he does not mind if Ilorin remains as it is . . . he does not mind if Nigeria remains as it is . . . i.e. even if Nigeria succeeds in eradicating corruption Tsiya's statements shows that he prefers for Hausa-Fulani to remain dominant . . .

Hence the conclusion is that Yorubas and Igbo and Niger Deltans and Non-Hausa people of the Middle Belt . . . need to hurry up and make sure the Nigeria is split up without the shedding of any blood (I do not support violence, hence i do not support any form of war, i do not support any form of violence, i do not support any form of killing)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . THE END OF PART ONE . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 3:53am On Jan 14, 2010
eyesonyou:

Of course Afonja did not give Ilorin to the Hausa-Fulani!  Who in their right senses would lead a rebellion only to give it out.

Afonja enlisted the help of the Hausa-Fulani to fight Oyo empire; however,  they helped him
for a while but they later turned around and and killed him, for it was their intent from the beginning to conquer Ilorin.

- Please help me explain to Tsiya . . .

- I have told him already that Hausa-Fulani stole Ilorin from Afonja . . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please explain something to me . . .

- Was Afonja not supposed to be a muslim by that time . . . i seem to have this perception that Afonja had become a muslim prior to him being killed. Can someone please verify

- If Afonja was a muslim then how come they still decided to kill him . . .

- Does that not mean Islam is merely being used for political purposes right from the days of Usman dan Fodio . . .
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by eyesonyou: 4:05am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

Personally I would wish Nigeria should split tomorrow morning without bloodshed cus Hausa-Fulanis have seriously hindered the progress of Yorubas as a group of people . . .

--------------------------

Hausa-Fulani have been using religion as a basis for political gain right from the time of Usman dan Fodio hence . . . am not suprised that religion is still being used till today for political gain by the North . . . consequently, Nigeria has become almost a failed state. . .

The earlier Yorubas stand on their own the better  . . . anyone that wishes to join the Yorubas would have to do it on our terms and not on the terms of Britain or US . . . enough is enough . . .

I'd wish for Nigeria to work for there is strength in number. It is just that we have failed to harness the strength of our diversity.
So much to gain from each other if we set aside our differences and work toward a common agenda.

It is rather unfortunate that we are this junction hoping that Nigeria disintegrates.  
I have no objection to a Yoruba nation as I believe that a Yoruba nation will flourish.
There is history to prove that, however; in modern economy where nations are forging unions
so as to be competitive in the global market, we in Nigeria are stepping back into the 1940s.

Nigeria has all the elements to be the greatest nation in Africa if we only we pause for a second and think
objectively.
A great leader is all that is needed to make Nigeria great.  The prejudice and tribalism that are so prevalent today will be a thing of the past if a
right leader brings forth equity into the system.
Rather than break-up Nigeria, why not first fight for the obvious  -good leadership, and if that doesn't pan it, we can now think of break-up.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

Can someone please explain something to me . . .

- Was Afonja not supposed to be a muslim by that time . . . i seem to have this perception that Afonja had become a muslim prior to him being killed. Can someone please verify

- If Afonja was a muslim then how come they still decided to kill him . . .

- Does that not mean Islam is merely being used for political purposes right from the days of Usman dan Fodio . . .

I thought he was muslim, but I'm not sure. He could have been a traditionalist though his friendship with Alimi the muslim cleric who later overthrew him, would seem to prove otherwise.

Why they killed him is unknown.

The Fulani jihads stretched across west Africa.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 14, 2010
@ no2atheism

one of these days the issue of children of Yoruba women and men of other tribes needs to be discussed. It seems some parts are more liberal about this matter than others,because my understanding is the child of a Yoruba woman is Yoruba if s/he wants to be (even if s/he claims some other tribe), while some of my friends say otherwise.

The political scene is different of course. And saraki isnt part of this discussion- na him sabi wetin him wan do.

I'm not sure you're Yoruba btw.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by Beaf: 8:43am On Jan 14, 2010
tpia.:

@ no2atheism

quick correction:

Adumu was the father of Ujo, an important prince and founder of many Ijaw clans.

Adumu also goes by other names, one of which is identified as Oduduwa.

You may remember tales of how Oduduwa sent many of his descendants out to rule over surrounding towns and also founded a lot of city-states. 

Now, I'm not saying its set in stone, but i believe the various sites with this information got it from somewhere, most likely the old books. Which in turn were based on written tradition.

http://www.ijawdictionary.com/menu/TheIjoGenesis.pdf

He's also called Adimu in some accounts.

Point is- this oral tradition shows an Ife link.

The Ijaws are simply telling you that all Yoruba's descended from Obatala are descendants of Ijaw people. That document is very rich and detailed, a beauty to read.
All your imperialistic beliefs are overturned. grin grin grin grin grin

The same shame goes to those clowns naming Edo and Delta states's as "Yoruba zones". . . The insult. angry
They are only making an oil grab and it will be met with all the resistance the ND can muster.
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by rethink: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2010
^^^^^

THE YORUBAS HAVE A SAYING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO EAT A COW YOU CALL HIM YOUR BROTHER.

@ ALL THE "BIG" TRIBES
THE WHITE BIG GROWN CHICKEN YOU KNOW THE REST. ADIE FUN FUN KO MORA LAGBA. YOU FOOLISH MINDED PEOPLE IF YOU DONT LEAVE NIGERIA ALONE I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE. GO AND LOOK AT SINGAPORE WITH A POPULATION OF 4 MILLION PEOPLE DIFFERENT TRIBES AND EVEN RACES, NO OIL NOT EVEN FARMING AND THEY HAVE A RESERVE OF $120 BILLION. GHANA HAS A POPULATION OF 20 MILLION AND THEY ARE DOING BATTLE. CHINA HAVE 1.3 BILLION THEY HAVE WOKEN UP AND MOVING. INDIA HAS CLOSE 900 MILLION WITH SEVERAL CASTE TRIBE AND RELIGIONS. NIGERIA JUST 200 MILLION

@ THE TRIBAL SLAVES
SO WHAT IF ALL THE LAND IS IGBO OR YORUBA OR IJAW OR ITSEKIRI OR URHOBO? SO WHAT?

WHAT THE PRONOUNCING OF CONSONANT AND VOWELS SOUND BRING TO BEING A HUMAN BEING IN NIGERIA?
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by NegroNtns(m): 11:17am On Jan 14, 2010
no2, be open minded . . .everything is cool!

tpia, in Islam, the blood of a muslim is precious. In Jihad, some muslim bloods are dispensable. Sharia forbids close associations with betrayers. Afonja didn't know the Jihadists would march that far down and besiege first Bida, and then Ilorin. His senses were reawakened in their ambition and he sub-plotted a counteraction. His response was not fast enough. . .the Jihadists successfully occupied and planted flag in Bida. They were massacred in Ilorin and they retreated. . .but Afonja had already surrendered his flag to them. So militarily they lost Ilorin but politically they owned it.  If you look at the Ilorin Emirate you can see the structure in their administrative council. I'm not sure which side killed Afonja or why. . .but its clear that he wasn't trustworthy to both sides.

I was woken up at 4am and asked to respond to the Afonja question.  What a life!  Look, you better make it worth my time!
Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by No2Atheism(m): 11:54am On Jan 14, 2010
Beaf:

The Ijaws are simply telling you that all Yoruba's descended from Obatala are descendants of Ijaw people.

undecided

The Ancient ORU People. From language and cultural studies they seem to
have been related to the Dogon and the founders of the Great Nile
Valley civilisation complex (and possibly the lake Chad complex). The
Ancient KWA People who seem to have been the founders of the Nok
civilisation complex.
The ORU and the KWA people belonged to the branch
of African people often referred to as Sudanese or Nilotic Negroes.
Lastly the Ancient Bantu, who migrated from East/Central Africa.

The ORU people are the proto-ancestors of the Ijos, while the KWA
people branched out further to produce the [b]UGBO people (proto-ancestors
of the Yoruba, Igbo and Igala) [/b]and the EFA people (proto-ancestors of
the Edos). The Bantu and Semi-Batu people were the proto-ancestors of
other Nigeria peoples that live side by side with the Major Ethnic
nationalities of Southern Nigeria. There were, of course other ancient
peoples who were migrating into the West Africa region, but the
aforementioned ones serve the purpose of tracing the origins of the
Ijos, Yoruba, Edo and Igbo.

Re: Group Canvasses For Yoruba Autonomy by WilyWily7: 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
Yoruba Autonomy, Ok
I have enough pepper.
Make una try and see wetin go happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Photo Of "Sick" Muhammadu Buhari Walking On The Streets Of London / CONFESSION: I Once Spent N50m A Day, Sex My Mother For Power - SHINA RAMBO / Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.