Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,889 members, 7,980,105 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 05:16 AM

Any F1 Buffs? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Any F1 Buffs? (25630 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Racing: Hamilton Wellwishers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2010
14 secs now
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2010
Lewis is catching Vettel at a vast rate of knots! We might be in for an exciting race conclusion, the gap is 11.43 secs now.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
Button hasn't been able to get past Kobayashi and Schumi cannot overtake Alguesuari either. embarassed
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by denzel2009: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
Thank God for Max Webber's life. He could have had head injuries.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2010
8 secs now. Not much time to catch up.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2010
3 secs
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by doyin13(m): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2010
kobayashi is a stud. . .Did you see those two
moves he made at the end on Alonso and Buemi.
the latter on the last corner.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2010
Its a Vettell win!
But, what have you got to say abou Kamui Kobayashi?!!!!! Dude has delivered on the promise he showed last year. What a guy! Hands down, he is my driver of the race.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by denzel2009: 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2010
Guys why do they weigh them and give them wrist watches at the end of every race?
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by doyin13(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
But for the drive through penalty we might have seen a serious fight
for first. . . I reckon Hamilton would have hauled him in and taken\
the race.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2010
denzel2009:

Guys why do they weigh them and give them wrist watches at the end of every race?

Both driver and car are weighed at the end of the race, cos there's a minimum weight the combined weight of car and driver alone must meet, or be declared illegal and disqualified. The wristwatches are for promos and sponsors, they would add to the weight, so are only worn after weigh in.

@topic
Race results are;

1 S Vettel
2 L Hamilton
3 J Button
4 R Barrichello
5 R Kubica
6 A Sutil
7 K Kobayashi
8 S Buemi
9 F Alonso
10 P de la Rosa
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
doyin13:

But for the drive through penalty we might have seen a serious fight
for first. . . I reckon Hamilton would have hauled him in and taken\
the race.
You are on the money! Vettel should thank his stars. Ham cut a 15 sec lead to on 3 at the end. That was awesome.

Kobayashi was brilliant too. Gotta love those two moves.

Alonso should grow up. I wonder if he will blame Ham for Kobayashi's Overtake.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by denzel2009: 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
Muchas gracias, Beaf!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2010
agabaI23:

You are on the money! Vettel should thank his stars. Ham cut a 15 sec lead to on 3 at the end. That was awesome.

Kobayashi was brilliant too. Gotta love those two moves.

Alonso should grow up. I wonder if he will blame Ham for Kobayashi's Overtake.

come on! thanks to Ham's move, it cost Alonso this race. he was lapping faster than anyone before he was caught just behind the safety car thanks to Ham. . . . . . . . . also, if Ham was given the penalty straight after (just like they normally should) then he wouldnt have come back in P3 but probably P20. all the time they wasted to investigate, gave him plenty of time to build enough gap. thats why Alonso was pi$$ed off and i can understand him.
but hey, thats the beauty of F1, lets see how it goes in Silverstone.
VAMOS ALONSO!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

come on! thanks to Ham's move, it cost Alonso this race. he was lapping faster than anyone before he was caught just behind the safety car thanks to Ham. . . . . . . . . also, if Ham was given the penalty straight after (just like they normally should) then he wouldnt have come back in P3 but probably P20. all the time they wasted to investigate, gave him plenty of time to build enough gap. thats why Alonso was pi$$ed off and i can understand him.
but hey, thats the beauty of F1, lets see how it goes in Silverstone.
VAMOS ALONSO!

Hamilton overtaking the safety car isn't what made Alonso lose 9 places or get overtaken by Kobayashi. That is just strrrrrrrrrreeeeetttching it! grin
Overtaking the safety car surely doesn't impede anyone? shocked

Alonso is just a hate filled cry baby that can't get over a rookie trouncing him. Domenicali who is usually all smiley and bubbly, was too annoyed at the end of the race to give an interview to journalists; I guess he just realised that they have contracted seriously damaged goods; Alonso was more concerned with where Lewis was than he was with getting past Alguesuari (or other race tactics and necessities) and finally got shown how to get the job done by Kobayashi.

About the time wasted to penalise Lewis, there are 9 car awaiting sanction long after the race. That makes it quite easy to argue that Lewis in fact, got an unfair deal.
It is instructive to note that Alonso isn't in the least concerned about the 9 cars awaiting punishment (which could gift him a few places). Its just Lewis stretching his lead of the WDC that seems to be getting the green monster out of his guts. grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
Beaf:

Hamilton overtaking the safety car isn't what made Alonso lose 9 places or get overtaken by Kobayashi. That is just strrrrrrrrrreeeeetttching it! grin
Overtaking the safety car surely doesn't impede anyone? shocked

Alonso is just a hate filled cry baby that can't get over a rookie trouncing him. Domenicali who is usually all smiley and bubbly, was too annoyed at the end of the race to give an interview to journalists; I guess he just realised that they have contracted seriously damaged goods; Alonso was more concerned with where Lewis was than he was with getting past Alguesuari (or other race tactics and necessities) and finally got shown how to get the job done by Kobayashi.

About the time wasted to penalise Lewis, there are 9 car awaiting sanction long after the race. That makes it quite easy to argue that Lewis in fact, got an unfair deal.
It is instructive to note that Alonso isn't in the least concerned about the 9 cars awaiting punishment (which could gift him a few places). Its just Lewis stretching his lead of the WDC that seems to be getting the green monster out of his guts. grin

Thank you for this brilliant answer. Ham's overtaking of the safety car did not in anyway affect Alonso's position. I cannot even explain how he decided to go back to 9 grin lol

Cry cry baby, where is you want to see your mummy, sha sha sha shame!!!!!!!!!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ham slowed down AND THEN overtook. come on!
as for the other 9 cars waiting to be penalize, its for offences of overspeeding when the safety car was out, not the kind of offence that HAm did.

anyway ,you are all Ham lovers and probably will never see anything he does wrong.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2010
we all know how Alonso hates Hamilton's guts and vice versa so i would understand why he was THAT pissed off!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by agabaI23(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

we all know how Alonso hates Hamilton's guts and vice versa so i would understand why he was THAT pissed off!
It boils down to his childish tantrum and hatred for the one he feels is a rookie with too much guts.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

Ham slowed down AND THEN overtook. come on!
as for the other 9 cars waiting to be penalize, its for offences of overspeeding when the safety car was out, not the kind of offence that HAm did.

anyway ,you are all Ham lovers and probably will never see anything he does wrong.

Are you saying Alonso also wanted to overtake the safety car like Lewis and get penalised too? I really don't see how that would have helped his race.
In fact, if you consider the distance between Lewis and the safety car, it would have taken a miracle for Alonso to have followed through if Lewis hadn't hesitated.

Alonso just got it all totally wrong today, he very strangely had his mind on Lewis, instead of on the race! Why?!
As a racing driver, he should have been more worried about Alguesuari directly ahead (whose much slower car, he couldn't pass), as well as on general race tactics and damage limitation. Afterall, Button, who was in sixth and behind both Lewis and Alonso ended up third; Kobayashi, also showed how a thoroughbred racer without baggage can make the best out of a bad situation.

I believe Alonso's negative attitude was the reason the normally jovial Domenicali was so upset. In his jealousy, Alonso lost sight of the bigger picture and failed tremendously today. What makes it worse, is that Ferrari was showing so much promise for this weekend. embarassed
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2010
NO!!!!!! if Lewis hadnt slowed down and then pass,they would have both passed and therefore both been in front. instead he slowed down  THEN accelerated and pass leaving Alonso right at the mercy of the safety car(it was yellow, Alonso couldnt overtake Ham).
it was clear from the vid that he slowed down and i am sure we will hear more about it in the next few days.

thanks to that silly move he ended up right at the back of that pack and thats was the end of his race, right there!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by doyin13(m): 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2010
If Hamilton had not hesitated then he most likely would have been in front of the safety car and likely Alonso would have been caught behind it.

So it prolly cost Hamilton the race more than it did Alonso.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
^^^^^^^i guess you didnt watch the race. . . . . . . .  he DID squeeze in front of the safety car, and thanks to that move, he only lost one place (P2 to P3) due to Kobayashi who didnt pit!
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by doyin13(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2010
Nope. . . I did watch the race. And he and the safety car were practically level.
He would have been in front, if he did not hesitate prior to getting to the safety
car line.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2010
And when news of Alonso's anger was relayed to him, Hamilton said the Spaniard should stick to analysing his own performance.

"It's good to know his weak point, I guess," Hamilton, who spent a tumultuous season alongside Alonso as team-mates at McLaren, told BBC Sport.

"I just focus on my job, so maybe he should have done that."

Hamilton said he had acted instinctively when the safety car came out in the wake of Mark Webber's horrific crash.

"I thought I'd passed him as we went over the line so I didn't think anything was wrong," he said. "That's why I continued.

"It was much, much later in the race that I found out I had a penalty - I didn't even know what it was for. I haven't seen the data so I don't even know that I did [overtake the safety car]."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8766420.stm

Poor Alonso! His temperament is just so wrong.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 28, 2010
doyin13:

Nope. . . I did watch the race. And he and the safety car were practically level.
He would have been in front, if he did not hesitate prior to getting to the safety
car line.

Doyin, the reason why Hamilton got a drive through penalty is because he passed the safety when he shouldnt have and subsequently gained from it! he knew he did wrong because he slowed down and then accelerated.

Beaf:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8766420.stm

Poor Alonso! His temperament is just so wrong.

come on Beaf, you make it sound like F1 is little girls sport. they are all there to win and are all against each other.
is it not that same Hamilton who, a few races ago, was bitterly bitching when his OWN team mate made a better choice of tyres and was winning ahead of him? is it not that same Hamilton who TODAY (and during other races) was asking all the time about Vettel on the radio?
do you think that the crash that happen between Vettel and Webber in Turkey is because they "love" each other?! lmao

they are all competing against each other, thats the nature of the sport and, even more so between Hamilton and Alonso due to their hatred for one another !

Hamilton cheated today and if he was penalized like he should have, he would have also been at the back of the long queue. the fact that none of you want to admit that shows that there is no point in talking about this incident any longer. lets see what happens in 2weeks.

on a good note, 9 drivers were handed a 5sec penalties (Glock got a 20sec penalty) but it didnt really affect anything, although Alonso moved to 8th and got 4 points instead.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by omar22(m): 6:17am On Jun 28, 2010
Fernando Alonso should grow a new pair of Jabulani BALLS

what a cry baby
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2010
@MRbrownJAY

Feranado Alonso: "We were running well, in third after a good start. Then the safety car came out, which wasn't too good for us. But Hamilton overtook the safety car, something I have never seen.

"We were a metre off each other, and he finished second and I finished ninth (he was speaking before being elevated him to eighth).

"This race was to finish second shocked. But here, when you do the normal thing, which is respecting the rules, you finish ninth, and the one who doesn't respect them finishes second."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12474_6235605,00.html

Alonso is not talking about not being allowed to overtake the safety car above, or that he was impeded by Lewis (his original complaint to the FIA). He apparently saw the demerits and hollowness of maintaining that line and changed it to something else.
Truth is, Alonso has shown tremedous immaturity with his utterances at the last race. Take this one for example, it was to his race engineer who should have been studying Alonso's car telemetry, GPS and other important stuff to ensure that peak performance and the best strategies were being ecked;

Feranado Alonso: Get on to that Hamilton thing. It is the only thing you need to do all race.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1290087/Fernando-Alonso-calls-foul-treatment-Lewis-Hamilton-Valencia.html#ixzz0s9BGQXwk

That's a bit much! "Forget about our race and concentrate on Hamiltons"; thats why he originally came in 9th.
I surely hope the FIA brings severe sanctions on Alonso and Ferrari for bringing the sport to disrepute. There have already been the usual racist comments in the Spanish press about Lewis, even worse, there have been open words about FIA bias, especially because, like Lewis is; Charlie Whiting, the Race Director is an English man. We really do not need such rubbish in F1.
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
omar22:

Fernando Alonso should grow a new pair of Jabulani BALLS

what a cry baby

grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5YyYUplS9A&feature=player_embedded

the roads in Lagos are so smooth you can drive a formula car on it even do a pit stop with lastma helping out grin
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by DisGuy: 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2010
Re: Any F1 Buffs? by Beaf: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5YyYUplS9A&feature=player_embedded

the roads in Lagos are so smooth you can drive a formula car on it even do a pit stop with lastma helping out grin

Yay! I don wound o! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Coutinho: I Have To Go Back To Barcelona And Then We'll See What Happens / Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens / Lobi Stars Vs Mamelodi Sundown: CAF Champions League - 2 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.