Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,541 members, 7,929,750 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:45 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (65349 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2010
debosky:

Watching the game again. . . .right from the 7th minute Fabianski had started doing rubbish. He should NEVER put on an Arsenal jersey again.

Thank goodness I didn't forfeit church to watch this game at home - I might have smashed my TV and gone straight to hell because of Wenger. grin

Jens would just be laughing wherever he is.
It's a disgrace that Arsenal are without a Goalie
Am sure fab4 with a broken leg will do berra than fabianski in goal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2010
debosky:

I am cool, what infuriates me is when you try to sugar coat blatant failures and refuse to see the glaring mistakes that have been made. 

Your expectations are not high bro - let me be the one to tell you the truth. For you to state than an Arsenal side overachieved by coming 3rd and being satisfied with that shows how low they are.

I accept reality, but I CANNOT accept that Wenger cannot find keepers better than Almunia and Fabianski without bankrupting Arsenal football club - that, my friend, is living in a fantasy land invented by Wenger and[b] not reality.[/b]

I cannot accept that Wenger couldn't buy a striker in January when we so sorely needed one, instead spending 5m on Chamakh which would have bankrupted Arsenal football club - that again, is another one of those fantasies.

I cannot accept repeated TERRIBLE transfer market dealings and excuse them by claiming we are building a stadium.

I have no grouse with building a team, BUT, when we have seen repeated failure and continue to reward it, I draw the line. If we keep making THE SAME mistakes without fixing it, it's time to change things, but you believe more of the same will some how lead to a change.

I get your point about individual transfers but today's game for example was not really lost solely due to goalkeeping failings. Overall, the quality of our squad is still poor compared to that of Chelsea and Manure. An analogy of Arsenal at present is like that Economics thingy where the demand and supply curve meet. We need to get the proper balance between internally developed player and external reinforcements (without violating our policy on spending). Methinks the idea was to hang on until the financial situation improved. Now there are no excuses for next season, the core of our squad have been together for ages now and will average 23 years old by the end of this year, we have quality backup and exceptional players coming through, we have enough money (not to compete with Chelsea and the likes) but to bring in the needed reinforcements.
If we lose our key players over the summer, I'll agree there is no hope going in to next season, but if we strenghten as we all agree and the situation remains the same at the end of next season, I will join you in agreeing that we have no hope. This team is very close.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by loyika(m): 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2010
Quality back up Who Wilshire is the only quality i see coming through.

Is it Mark Randall or Henry Lansbury Sanchez Watts Tom Cruise Colli wateverhisnameis WHAT BLOODY QUALITY COMING THROUGH!?

Merida is leaving to Spain, Vela doesn't cut it!! Aaron might not be back ti mid season next year So what back up are you seeing Rhys Murphy Jay Thomas Abeke Dude give us all a break tongue

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3108420/Shattered.html

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2010
duduspace:

I get your point about individual transfers but today's game for example was not really lost solely due to goalkeeping failings.

Are you joking??

Have you seen the replays? The first goal was close to Fabianski - he should've saved it. Second goal - he dropped the ball on Bramble's head for him to score all in less than 5 minutes. Now you tell me it is not solely goalkeeping failings?

It's comments like these that make me wonder if you're deliberately ignoring things in blind loyalty to Wenger.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2010
@Loyika

I don't do self pity, neither do I do self flagellation, it is not in my nature cos it achieves nothing. If it rings your bell please go ahead and indulge in it. I look ahead, we make do with what we have, if they are not good enough for you that is all fine and dandy. You choose to see the cup half empty, I see it near full. What exactly is your proposed solution to our problem?

1. Arsene out? (not likely to happen)
2. External investment (same as above)
3. Going into debt (same as above)
4. Get adequate reinforcements? (we are all agreed on this, the scale of changes we might not agree on but I trust the manager who brought us Vermaelen and Arshavin to get us the best at competitive prices)

What then exactly does this pessimistic attitude achieve for a true fan? I don't really understand you people.  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by codedguy1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2010
debosky:

That is the key - let's wait and see what he does in the summer - if its the typical 'I will buy' changing to 'I will by at the right price' turning to 'I can't afford the most expensive players' turning to 'I couldn't find quality better than what I have' turning to 'So and so coming back from injury is like a new signing'.

LWKMD!!!

CLASSIC grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2010
debosky:

Are you joking??

Have you seen the replays? The first goal was close to Fabianski - he should've saved it. Second goal - he dropped the ball on Bramble's head for him to score all in less than 5 minutes. Now you tell me it is not solely goalkeeping failings?

It's comments like these that make me wonder if you're deliberately ignoring things in blind loyalty to Wenger.

Okay, lets agree that today was due to Keeper's failings (this is the same keeper that has won best keeper award for 2 seasons consecutively in poland before he came to Arsenal), what of the pressure that led to those goals? was it also the keeper who played Bale onside against Tottenham? was the keeper also responsible for all our losses or dropped points this season?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by codedguy1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2010
Abeg make una play me "End of the road" Boys 2 men grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by mukina2: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2010
Mufasa, U be real VJ jor.  wink
Perfect song for them KG boys. . .Heart-breaker.  cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2010
duduspace:

Okay, lets agree that today was due to Keeper's failings (this is the same keeper that has won best keeper award for 2 seasons consecutively in poland before he came to Arsenal), what of the pressure that led to those goals?

Keep shifting goal posts - a goal keeper REPEATEDLY making such EGREGIOUS errors is symptomatic of a manager constantly rewarding failure and embracing mediocrity. I don't care if he won best goalkeeper in Ajegunle before coming to Arsenal - we are in a DIFFERENT CLASS - you seem completely unable to comprehend that.

What pressure led to the goals? Are you taking the piss?? If the other team wouldn't have shots, why have a goalkeeper in the first place??

The first was a shot he should have saved - the second was a corner that dropped into his hands but he DROPPED it. What rubbish pressure are you talking about??

was it also the keeper who played Bale onside against Tottenham? was the keeper also responsible for all our losses or dropped points this season?

For a second, let's not talk about ALL the errors let's focus on a few - Almunia's errors caused our dropped points against United at OT. If you add those three dropped to the three Almunia threw away today to our current total, I'm sure you can figure out where we would be in the table.

Stop acting like you can't see the problems - which are NOT related to buying ability (examples - VDS cost 2m, Given cost 8m) which have been evident since LAST YEAR, before the window opened and something could be done about it in January but did Wenger do anything? NO - he's depending on mediocre players instead.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2010
Arsene Wenger reacts:

"It is the most disappointing defeat of the season and the way we conceded, it was also the most disappointing. It is difficult to understand and accept, perhaps the players felt too much comfort but in football you must stay focused for 90 minutes and we were punished.

"We made mistakes and they took advantage, they were sharper in the final part of the game."

Lamentations season after season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by mufasa(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2010
BlueDiva:

Mufasa, U be real VJ jor.  wink
Perfect song for them KG boys. . .Heart-breaker.  cheesy

What can i do na? We just gotta stay strong for Le-Arse during this their trying times cry cry

coded guy:

Abeg make una play me "End of the road" Boys 2 men grin grin grin grin

This is another dedication by ^^^

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Cristalz(f): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2010
Debosky vehemently against Wenger??  shocked Heck, the pope must've gone black without my knowledge!! grin
Guess Wenger don't know shyte no more, huh?

Now can you guys see why we keep saying y'all are not fit to yab teams like United and Chelsea?
These teams at their lowest are still at par with a fully functional Arsenal. cheesy grin

I've got Kleenex and AIG jerseys though. . .any takers? Don't be shy, please.
Edoyad got a jersey some hours ago. I think A-40 is next. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by loyika(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2010
Dudu

As Debo lets you know time without number; WENGER COULD HAVE STRENGTHEN IN JANUARY!! But he flipping didn't!?

If Lady Nina sells her shares to either Stan or the Uzbek tongue Expect the clock to tick on Arsene!! Anyways why am i arguing with you!! He has only 1 year left on his contract!! If he doesn't deliver next season he will need no one to tell him to go!!

http://goonerholic.com/

"I sense the dark cloud of the BBB gathering… and, for once, I might be seduced by the dark side myself. I have seen retreats, I have seen capitulations, and I have seen out and out lay downs before, but nothing compares to this side’s performance lo the past three weeks.’ Lone Star Gooner."

tongue GOONER 89 embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by biolabee(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2010
I really appreciate Dududpace's eternal optimism only that the reality is that this team can not win titles and it lies solely at the feet of AW and the board

I have just some points

1. Only one team can win a title at any point in time. I know we all know this but what pains one is the lack of heart by players (Wigan, B'ham)

2. Though we won Spurs & wigan today we still may not have won the title

3. This season was the only chance we may have won something because Chelsea and ManU did not show enuff oomph to take it and fly

4, Additional 50m GBP investment will not bankrupt the club

5. The point is that 50m is what the board will not authorise as a Top4 finish is guaranteed continually and a top 8 finish in europe. All projections have been satisfied and they smile to the bank

For me we need to ensure we keep this team except Almunia, Fabianski, Silve,Eduardo. We need a GK,CB(if possible 2) ,a Central Midfielder who can also play the DM role once in a while ,Left winger (not necessary though but to add a new dimension against teams that pack the midfield) and at least a world class striker

I feel AW shd just tell us that the ambition of the club is a top 4 finish and a decent run in cups so we do not bother.
What will fans of Villareal, Seville, Valencia,Liverpool,Roma, etc (normal top 4 crowd across europe) all they want is just to finish in the top 4

IMO, cesc should leave as he is one of the best players in the world and shd be wining titles.
It sets us back yes,  but ManU lost Cr7,Tevez and a lot of their defenders for some part of this season and still were decent.

We have no excuse for not being able to compete and continually capitulate when it matters.I checked denilsons stats he had 3 gols n 7 assists last season and now has 6 gols and 2 assists which is good but his form and assists contribution has drooped drastically

Why would he improve if he knows he will play the next game or Bendtner after his disaster at Brumley he knew he will still play

Iker keeps RM in games so did VDS in Munich.
I can ony remeber one game aside the barca game where Almunia kept us in it albeit the first half
the real Almunia came out in the second half

This defence has conceded more gols than last and we haiil Verma as the best thing since sliced bread.his positioning is wack and f*ck the gols, he is foremost a defender.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Cristalz(f): 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2010
Y'know, I was just thinking. . .what would a coach like Mourinho do if he came to Arsenal? grin grin

Arsenal need a coach with balls and grit. . .Arsene's gone way too soft.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2010
Cristalz:

Y'know, I was just thinking. . .what would a coach like Mourinho do if he came to Arsenal? grin grin

Arsenal need a coach with balls and grit. . .Arsene's gone way too soft.

JM will clear out the team.
Only Cesc, Arshavin and Van Persie would remain,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by codedguy1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2010
@Mufasa

Thanks for the music grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by mukina2: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2010
wow . . shocked criz and BD just had a civil convo without heavy artillery and riot police gear cheesy

mehn the things people do for the 'love' of Arsenal grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2010
@Cristalz
Me in an AIG jersey?? I would act like i didn't see that cos you are one of my Utd sweethearts you seem to know it too and thats why you are taking advantage. I wore one after i lost a bet sometime ago and i felt like i was finna die

@Duduspace
Third place smells like victory to you anyways so whats the difference? If we are ever going to win jack again Wenger must find his square root he has entrenched mediocrity in our team and the sooner he leaves the better! Disagree all you want but i know one day na one day monkey go go market and im no go come back

DJ Chamo abeg play 'Tell me when to go' by my namesake E-40 ft Keek da sneak cos its time for Wenger to go
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Cristalz(f): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2010
Muki mukenke grin
If you like, dey find trouble dey go. . .me and BlueDiva na BFFs tonight. grin

We are united by a common enemy in distress. LOL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Emperoh(m): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2010
Ha. . . . . . . .Gaynners!!!!
One minute ;aughing and taunting us. . . . . the next minute, they are crying and calling for Wenger's head!!

I pity una. . . . .it do be better to be a poor man than an Arsenal fan with the way u guy lament always!!
Anyway, BD and Crizzle have cartons of Kleenex for u guys!!

As for me, I have the United Fans Membership Forms!!! HNIC has already bought!!
Muki is saying i give her free of charge which i might consider because she is a Mod so i don't get banned!!!

Nevertheless, i will still ask the usual. . . . . . [size=58pt]Kedu nu k'ahia di?

HOW MARKET?[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by DrKitaun(m): 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2010
@Ibime

Wenger truly knows!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2010
DJ Chamotex don tire abeg . . .
Someone else should take over with the requests.
I need to attend to some babes cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by DrKitaun(m): 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2010
Why are u guys arguing with dudu that didnt even watch Wigan mess us?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2010
Muki,

My issues with Criz ended mid last year, that's if we ever had issues in the first place.
Go and mourn your loss with a jug of Guinness.
Better still, seek solace in the arms of Mr Mukina2. . . LOL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by mukina2: 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2010
Criz and BD
enjoy wella o
its not your faults grin

when will august start? tongue

Hemp
me and scumtwat jersey/form
now i know you have overdosed on something else apart from the usual grin
i see ya gift for fb . .trust me, thats one battle you cant win
i go tag you tire grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2010
Hehehe Chamo you are a quack DJ u better don't quit your day job! Chei imagine make DJ for Insomnia or K's Place or Tribeca dey give the kin excuse you dey give berra go and learn from Eldee that was giving us the hottest mixes the night Bayern tore a new hole in Utd's a$$. Kpanda DJ like you
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2010
Muki sleep well o.

Nor worry, next season go soon reach.
Next season go better. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Why are u guys arguing with dudu that didnt even watch Wigan mess us?

I tire for myself - it's only someone who didn't watch that game that will say that the defeat wasn't the goalkeeper's fault.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2010
A-40:

Hehehe Chamo you are a quack DJ u better don't quit your day job! Chei imagine make DJ for Insomnia or K's Place or Tribeca dey give the kin excuse you dey give berra go and learn from Eldee that was giving us the hottest mixes the night Bayern tore a new hole in Utd's a$$. Kpanda DJ like you

I need to attend to some babes . . . . . The one wey I do never reach? cheesy
Jor o, mi o le fi Steven Wonder shey Van Der Sar o

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100)

Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.