Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,573 members, 7,929,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:28 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (65356 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2010
I can't believe Dudu is still making ridiculous excuses after this game - we still had a CHANCE to close the gap at the top and what do we offer? Nothing.

If you don't see the deep rot in this team but are satisfied deluding yourself that we are this way because we are 'sustainable' then keep doing that.

Arsenal football club has ALWAYS had a proud tradition of winning things - to be reduced to this sorry state is unacceptable.

The only 'improvement' this season is postponing our exit from contention for the league by a few weeks - and that is ONLY because the others faltered. Improvement my foot.

We can't afford anything, we are the only ones who owe money and will be only be able to buy after we pay off the stadium debt in 25 years time.

The excuses become more ridiculous by the minute - we can't afford a world class keeper? How much did Given cost? Instead, Wenger will go and buy a Utd reject who is OBVIOUSLY past it like Silvestre and we are using a rubbish excuse that we 'can't afford' it?  

duduspace:

Loyika, I haven't seen the game but would you say all the goals were solely the fault of the keeper?  now when you start with buying a world class keeper, you'll move from their gradually to buying a whole world class team. Unfortunately we don't have that money and we are BUILDING a world class team while trying not to drop performance levels too much. Until we get our Oil sheikh like City (even though that is becoming less fashionable)

Pathetic, defeatist mediocrity at its best.

Because buying one world class player will mean a demand for others means we should settle for mediocrity till one day, by some awesome stroke of luck one of the mediocre players we have will become world class. We might as well pack up and leave now.

I guess Stoke City's Sorensen is also bought by an oil sheikh, or Pepe Reina was bought by an oil sheikh. How much did VDS even cost Utd?? The excuses are just getting worse.  Let's even bring it home - HOW MUCH DID LEHMANN COST WENGER??

Let's admit the truth to ourselves - Wenger's stubbornness and refusal to do what is right for this club is costing us. Almunia was NOBODY before Wenger bought him - so those are the people Wenger wants - people he can claim 'I made you'. Let the club suffer, he doesn't care as long as his ego is satisfied.

It is the height of folly to say buying a world class player will mean moving to buying a whole world class team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2010
@duduspace,
When you see the highlights,you'll know why a decent goalie is a must for y'all.
Till then,keep playing ostrich.You didn't need today's game to convince you of the necessity of a goalie before hand.
Leave debt out of it.The fans will not get anything out of the running of the club aside from trophies.
The board (+Wenger) share the profits.
The fans have no trophies to celebrate after spending 30 pounds at least for every game.
Are you an Arsenal Board Member in disguise,with all this spin you have in place?
We United fans won't mind the debt as long as trophies keep coming.
You arsenal fans don't know what a trophy looks like cus u ain't seen one for so long.And you want to make sense out of AW's dealings.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by loyika(m): 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2010
Dudu

You are really taking the piss tongue

MENTION 1 bleeping GAME LUKAS HAS WON FOR US (Or 1 game he hasn't made 1 blunder!!) Just 1

DUDU!! ARSENAL CAN AFFORD A FC*KING GOAL KEEPER!! Sell Almunia, and Lukas and BUY A bleeping GOAL KEEPER THAT KNOWS HOW TO ARRANGE A DEFENSE!!

Sell NB52 and Dudu and buy us a striker!! ANYONE WILL FC*KING DO!! (Even Klose will do better than them) Sell Diaby and buy us anyone!!

Will signing Riobery make us bankrupt Will signing David Villa or Silva make us go into debt Will Gigi Buffon or even Craig Gordon mean ArsenaL WILL LOSE ITS WORTH!! Supporters are planning to protest outside the stadium for the next home game!! Arsene must stop embarrashing the club with these dopes!!

I don't want to hear anymore rubbish about how we lack maturity!! FC*K!! Maturity Your having a laugh you dummy!!

tongue GOONER 89

I mean we could at least afford Rodallega angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2010
A-40:

Hehehe i suspect a few[b] Iya Charlie notes have changed hands! No one can knowingly defend such blatant failure for a free.99 Duduspace u berra start [/b] talking
We need to start looking at Arsene like your average sit-tight politician in Africa i mean the likes of Mobutu,Babangida,Abacha,Idi Amin e.t.c
Chamotex abeg play Trowey by Terry G for me thats the message fans should be sending to the man

A-40 na which kain Naija mentality be dis one? I follow Arsenal all the way and its in my blood and I want a club that will remain at the top end and viable 20 years down the line. Arsene IMO is still the best man to lead Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2010
duduspace:

Do we have Manure's debt level or[b] Barcelona's[/b]? Do we have the same status for England as Barcelona has for the Catalans with the accompanying government protection?

Even before Arsene came, Manure always had a richer history than we did that is fact.
Are You Kidding me? undecided Your Debt level is wayyy bigger than Barca's.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2010
If after this Wenger doesn't end the career of Fabianksi, he is a demented fool.  angry

I have had it with the endless excuses - because we don't 'have money' we must keep enduring with these hopeless idiots week in week out?  

One more song DJ Chamotex. . . .spin me like dis e go dey dey by Wande Coal - at this rate,  our plummeting looks unstoppable.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2010
@duduspace,
When you see the highlights,you'll know why a decent goalie is a must for y'all.
Till then,keep playing ostrich.You didn't need today's game to convince you of the necessity of a goalie before hand.
Leave debt out of it.The fans will not get anything out of the running of the club aside from trophies.
The board (+Wenger) share the profits.
The fans have no trophies to celebrate after spending 30 pounds at least for every game.
Are you an Arsenal Board Member in disguise,with all this spin you have in place?
We United fans won't mind the debt as long as trophies keep coming.
You arsenal fans don't know what a trophy looks like cus u ain't seen one for so long.And you want to make sense out of AW's dealings.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by aieromon(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2010
Shey na like this una go dey dey?
I be ManU,una be Asnal. . . .
Na profit una go chop abi field success?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by loyika(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2010
Debo

Did you see Lukas's face after the 2nd goal The guy will be shocked if he gets picked again!! In some teams no1 would talk to him on the trip home!! Even Jens is better than this shyte we are being offered!! tongue

Dudu tongue

You must be working on the Board I repeat!! IF ARSENE DOESN'T SPEND THIS TRANSFER WINDOW! He should do us all a favour and not renew his contract beyond 2011!! He can apply to be Finance Minister under IBB if Real don't hire him!!

SECOND BASE JARE!!
(As Fela would say)

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by follypimpi(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2010
loyika:

Dudu

You are really taking the piss tongue

MENTION 1 bleeping GAME LUKAS HAS WON FOR US (Or 1 game he hasn't made 1 blunder!!) Just 1

DUDU!! ARSENAL CAN AFFORD A FC*KING GOAL KEEPER!! Sell Almunia, and Lukas and BUY A bleeping GOAL KEEPER THAT KNOWS HOW TO ARRANGE A DEFENSE!!

Sell NB52 and Dudu and buy us a striker!! ANYONE WILL FC*KING DO!! (Even Klose will do better than them) Sell Diaby and buy us anyone!!

Will signing Riobery make us bankrupt Will signing David Villa or Silva make us go into debt Will Gigi Buffon or even Craig Gordon mean ArsenaL WILL LOSE ITS WORTH!! Supporters are planning to protest outside the stadium for the next home game!! Arsene must stop embarrashing the club with these dopes!!

I don't want to hear anymore rubbish about how we lack maturity!! FC*K!! Maturity Your having a laugh you dummy!!

tongue GOONER 89

I mean we could at least afford Rodallega angry

Are they really going to do that  
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by follypimpi(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2010

Denilson
Fabianski
Alumnia
Silvestre contracts should terminated ASAP.

Rosicky
Diaby, should play CC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2010
debosky:

One more song DJ Chamotex. . . .spin me like dis e go dey dey by Wande Coal - at this rate,  our plummeting looks unstoppable.

Coming right up . . . . cool

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVzXiWJj-o&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by follypimpi(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2010
Which club sef go buy Fabianski sef grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2010
@all

I can't answer you all at the same time, the bottom line is we failed because the team isn't good enough just yet. Yes you can point at Almunia/Fabianski/Clichy/Denilson/Diaby/Bendtner, the next guy to mess up tomorrow. The truth is, at the tail end of the season, injuries and all took their toll. Yes we could have more players (according to some we should probably have 10 strikers in the squad), yes we could have a world class keeper, yes we were beaten by Wigan who spend less than us and all the other blah blah blah.

The fact remains, that this team punches above its weight, is young and growing, needs reinforcements YES, but think on this while you hurt. Maybe I should stop being a cry baby everytime my club loses (and I address this to those who see themselves as true fans and not just jumping on some past success bandwagon).

Frankly speaking the reaction of some Arsenal fans to defeat make me sick. I looked at Chelsea's board after their defeat to Tottenham yesterday and there was nothing near this overreaction yesterday.

Here I shall bow out of this forum until y'all have calmed down and gained some modicum of perspective.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by loyika(m): 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2010
Folly

Yup

Go across all the Arsenal boards, peeps having been calling for it for sometime now, but they have always been shut down!! But it is gradually gaining momentum!!

I doubt there will be enough fans to carry it out next week!! But believe me, if we lose to Citeh and Ade is among the goals, THERE WILL BE HELL AT THE EMIRATES! What Song had to endure away to Charlton and what Eboue had to endure in terms of fans rage will be nothing compare to what will happen if/when we lose to Citeh!!

That my friend will be the finmal nail on this team!! WATCH THIS SPACE!!

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by follypimpi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2010
Chamo pls playyyy Sorrow Tears and Bloodd -- FELA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2010
@chamotex,
are you working for MTV Base by any means?
grin
All these videos for Le Arse?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by follypimpi(m): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2010
duduspace:

@all

I can't answer you all at the same time, the bottom line is we failed because the team isn't good enough just yet. Yes you can point at Almunia/Fabianski/Clichy/Denilson/Diaby/Bendtner, the next guy to mess up tomorrow. The truth is, at the tail end of the season, injuries and all took their toll. Yes we could have more players (according to some we should probably have 10 strikers in the squad), yes we could have a world class keeper, yes we were beaten by Wigan who spend less than us and all the other blah blah blah.

The fact remains, that this team punches above its weight, is young and growing, needs reinforcements YES, but think on this while you hurt. Maybe I should stop being a cry baby everytime my club loses (and I address this to those who see themselves as true fans and not just jumping on some past success bandwagon).

Frankly speaking the reaction of some Arsenal fans to defeat make me sick. I looked at Chelsea's board after their defeat to Tottenham yesterday and there was nothing near this overreaction yesterday.

Here I shall bow out of this forum until y'all have calmed down and gained some iota of perspective.

[size=18pt]Cos Chelsea didnt lose 2 goal lead in 10 minutes.[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2010
Loyiks go back and read my posts - Dudu is so deluded he'll defend whatever rubbish AW does.

I set out my stall at the end of last season - if Arsenal crash out because other teams are simply too good for us while we've done all we can, I will be content.

I can NEVER be content with such blatant mediocrity at play game after game and Wenger continues to pick some of these idiots.  angry

We don't need MAJOR change, small changes where it is needed - a quality goal keeper doesn't cost the earth for goodness sake!! Instead of giving flops going nowhere like Fabianski and Vela new deals, sell them off and get ONE quality goalkeeper but no. It is clear that this club rewards mediocrity like no one else in the league. Rubish players getting pay rises and new deals while stagnating.

What other bloody motivation do these idiots need to perform after the results yesterday? For crying out loud - this is ARSENAL FC not some mid table dweller!!

Like I said, I hope it doesn't take a series of embarrassing results for people like Dudu to see the light.

But then again, the 'healthy' financial  books of the club will keep him happy while we stagnate for decades to come or till Wenger gets sacked.  undecided

Wenger has ONE MORE SEASON - if he screws it up, I dare the board to try giving him a new deal - there will be massive non subscription of season tickets.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by loyika(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2010
Dudu

Chelsea fans didn't react cause they know their team is Shyte!! BIG DIFFERENCE MATE!!

Losing to The Spuds i can take, they were better than us and wanted it more!! Besides they owed us one and it had been coming for a long time!! BUT LOSING TO WIGAN IN THE FINAL 10 MINS!! I will never take that!! To hell with this team! They don't deserve anyone's support!! tongue

tongue  GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2010
follypimpi:

Chamo pls playyyy Sorrow Tears and Bloodd -- FELA

Coming right up . . . cool cool

Eastbay:

@chamotex,
are you working for MTV Base by any means?
grin
All these videos for Le Arse?

BET boss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2010
Injury took their toll?? Is it injury that made Fabianski to be dumber than a cow's arse??  undecided

That is ALL WENGER'S FAULT - to even THINK about playing the guy after his numerous continuous errors is beyond belief. Someone has axed our FA cup chances, almost destroyed our CL chances and you give him another chance?

Fabianski has NEVER been good enough and never will - his errors are legendary and we are a laughing stock of the whole league right now.

Excuse me - not Freaking good enough!!!  angry

If a team is punching above its weight losing to Wigan after leading for 80 minutes then I must say that Dudu needs his head examined PRONTO.  sad

If Wenger cannot give us a team befitting of Arsenal FC, then he should LEAVE - enough of his egotistical, self absorbed project. He should go and do it elsewhere and save us the pain. One more season and if he continues the same way - SHOW HIM THE BLOODY DOOR!!.

@ Chamotex

If you have it, play[i] One More Chance[/i] by Terry G - cos that's all Wenger has left.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by follypimpi(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2010
God can AW just resign and Murinho take over.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2010
@chamotex,
I got a special request.Even though I don't remember BET playing Fela,Terry G and Wande Coal.
Please play the late Notorious B.I. G.'s "One More Chance"as a special dedication to Arsene WEnger and the Arsenal board,including duduspace.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2010
@Duduspace
Na American Mentality i for get before? We all follow Arsenal here thats why there are freight liners of Gunners on this forum that has stuck with the team through thin (there has been no thick lately) the system Wenger has built is a failure and what makes it worse is he is like that Abusive EX that keeps telling you that 'You ain't $hit without me' By the time Cesc hands in a transfer repuest and no self respecting player would want to sign or stay at Arsenal na that time your own eye go clear

DJ Chamo with a lotta Ammo abeg play Get Out by Busta Rhymes and Shyne's version
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2010
@chamotex,
i'm waiting oh!!!give me my Biggie Smalls jor!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2010
This an anonymous request and it's dedicated to all the people dissing Wenger.
The person wished NOT to be named. grin grin grin grin

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClXFtFicEvU&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2010
Debosky's request

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfN7sRlN7tA&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2010
Eastbay's request . . .
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4JbG3GvKc0&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2010
@chamotex,
what kind of Vee-Jay are you?Is that how you treat your fans?
Whyare you playing an anonymous request?
I now totally doubt that you work for BET.You must work for MITV!!!, wait, . .
Ok,I don see am. . .I nor vex again. . .
carry go jor!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Mariory(m): 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (100)

Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.