Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,806 members, 7,905,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:51 PM

Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. (9479 Views)

Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect / 2.744bn SURE-P FUNDS: Touch It & Go To Jail- El Rufai Warns Mukhtar Yero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
The acting president Goodluck Jonathan has removed the national security adviser Sarki Mukhtar with immediate effect.  He has been replaced with Aliyu Gasau.
Sarki's removal was announced at the National Security Council meeting called by Jonathan to review the Jos crisis.

Press Statement:

Gusau Replaces Mukhtar as National Security Adviser

The Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, has appointed Lt. Gen. Aliyu Gusau (Rtd), as National Security Adviser.

He replaces Maj. Gen. Sarki Mukhtar (Rtd)

Dr. Jonathan thanked the outgoing NSA for his services to the nation and the present administration, and wished him well in his future endeavours.

Ima Niboro

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5451-breaking-news-jonathan-removes-nsa-sarki-mukhtar.html

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5537829-146/jonathan_removes_mukhtar_as_national_security.csp
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
At last!
1 down, more to go! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijaking1: 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
But why Gusau
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Pharoh: 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
This is Goodnews grin
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by snowdrops(m): 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
Someone who should have offered to resgin decades ago with the massive security failures across the country
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by oderemo(m): 8:17pm On Mar 08, 2010
[
quote]Dr. Jonathan thanked the outgoing NSA for his services to the nation and
the present administration, and wished him well in his future endeavour[quote][/quote]

why thank the moraphoka, why  just  not berate the man for being useless at his job, give him six lashes to send him packing aswell.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
why is he bringing back gusau when he has once served as NSA.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by edoyad(m): 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
What about DanBazau ?
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijaking1: 8:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
Is the acting president naive, dumb, dull, or he just doesn't have a clue
This man(muktar) and many like him in this present cabinet should have been removed 2-3 weeks ago, maybe some of these religious/political riots might have been nipped in the bud.

Intelligence reports warned, and warned, and warned authorities about this new development, and yet somebody somewhere sat on the report: trying to creat chaos and confusion for the goverment.

Jonathan should and must yield the big hammer if he's to survive, there're no half measures, no compromise, no give and take with people who have vested interest in the status quo.
There's no way he can govern without stepping on some toes. Stepping on toes he must, so it's better for him to do it boldly, even it's not perfect.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 8:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Maybe, because he is not a PDP guy and can be controlled through Arewa Consultative Forum which has strived hard to look progressive in recent times (recall they mentioned him as VP material).
He certainly isn't with the Yakasai bunch that is causing all the problems in Nigeria today.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2010
naijaking1:

Is the acting president naive, dumb, dull, or he just doesn't have a clue
This man(muktar) and many like him in this present cabinet should have been removed 2-3 weeks ago, maybe some of these religious/political riots might have been nipped in the bud.

Intelligence reports warned, and warned, and warned authorities about this new development, and yet somebody somewhere sat on the report: trying to creat chaos and confusion for the goverment.

Jonathan should and must yield the big hammer if he's to survive, there're no half measures, no compromise, no give and take with people who have vested interest in the status quo.
There's no way he can govern without stepping on some toes. Stepping on toes he must, so it's better for him to do it boldly, even it's not perfect.

What else can I say, the next to be removed is that snake Abdulrahman Danbazau chief of army staff
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Igwe9(m): 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

if his performance before was well above the board, why not, there's no time to start another experiment.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Fhemmmy: 8:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Recycling is a good business in Nija
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijaking1: 8:35pm On Mar 08, 2010
Igwe.:

if his performance before was well above the board, why not, there's no time to start another experiment.
Old boy how now?
There're maybe no time for experimentation, true, but it also shows he's following a doctrine/agenda/group.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2010
Beaf:

Maybe, because he is not a PDP guy and can be controlled through Arewa Consultative Forum which has strived hard to look progressive in recent times (recall they mentioned him as VP material).
He certainly isn't with the Yakasai bunch that is causing all the problems in Nigeria today.
not really beaf.gusau is a staunch member of pdp and obasanjo loyalist.he stepped down as NSA when he wanted to contest for president in 2007 before the emergence of yaradua as the party candidate.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by slap1(m): 8:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
One crises one sack. (Dumb)azzau will go after the next crises. Say in a week or so.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Igwe9(m): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
naijaking1:

Old boy how now?
There're maybe no time for experimentation, true, but it also shows he's following a doctrine/agenda/group.
I dey o my brother, how family na? we all know how experienced he is, so he needs experienced hand s to sail through or better still fight evil with evil.lol
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijaking1: 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2010
Igwe.:

I dey o my brother, how family na? we all know how experienced he is, so he needs experienced hand s to sail through or better still fight evil with evil.lol
grin grin shocked shocked undecided
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by xterra2(m): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
Danbazzau will not be sacked -mark my words Maybe if jonathan is the full presido then he will do so,not as acting
This certainly is a good news,I knew this man would be sacked,he should have resigned he was the NSA since during aremu obasanjo presidency.
Nigeria is suffering form anatomy of insecurity which is very inglorious.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by lannre(m): 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
The same Old Politician wey rule Nigeria before ! the same old Politician wey spoil Nigeria before , Ha Fela ! Rest in peace Baba !
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
xterra2:

Danbazzau will not be sacked -mark my words Maybe if jonathan is the full presido then he will do so,not as acting
This certainly is a good news,I knew this man would be sacked,he should have resigned he was the NSA since during aremu obasanjo presidency.
Nigeria is suffering form anatomy of insecurity which is very inglorious.
i might concur with you considering the sensitivity nature of the military and fragility of the polity.i dont  think jonathan acted or meant to remove him in the first instance but the jos crisis might have sparked his removal.so it's not really a big deal
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by ichommy(m): 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2010
NIGERIA cry cry
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Onlytruth(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
A very welcome move!  cool Though it may not seem like much (same old wine and in new wineskin), I would give Jonathan a break for now. . .
The Kenyans say that "a rat may never be able to chew down a tree, but it can at least leave some serious cuts".
The guy may have a plan afterall. cool
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijaking1: 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i might concur with you considering the sensitivity nature of the military and fragility of the polity.i dont  think jonathan acted or meant to remove him in the first instance but the jos crisis might have sparked his removal.so it's not really a big deal

A smart politician will use this riot as a reason for making major changes in the federal executive council: minister---all 13 'wisemen', the army, police, airforce, and navy. No need to consult self-serving governor either. I would "sadly accept" the resignation of all the ministers at this time, and then reshuffle, and re-aligne them to be more effective under my command if I were in Jonathan's shoes.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijaking1: 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

A very welcome move! cool Though it may not seem like much (same old wine and in new wineskin), I would give Jonathan a break for now. . .
The Kenyans say that "a rat may never be able to chew down a tree, but it can at least leave some serious cuts".
The guy may have a plan afterall. cool

Haaaaaaa grin
The Kenyans have never seen a beaver shocked
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2010
This is what we have been calling for, but the appointment of Gusau is a very curious one.

If he wanted Northen Generals, there are a few trustworthy people

But Gusau, Danjuma are not in that league.

This for me is from frying pan to fire. He may succeeding in checkmating the Yar'aduas and their kitchen cabinet. But all these guys will not be helpful to Janathan.

At the rate things are going we are headed for the making of a new cabal which may not even be controlled by Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Kratos007(m): 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
recycling of leaders grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by 1Emmy: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
I wish i have the opportunity to talk to , president Jonathan, I will simply advice him to take a bold step  and reign with immediate effect all the bad eggs in Aso Rock other wise he will gradually be a failure. These  men are bad and unrepentant. Oga Good-luck i beg act fast before it is too late.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by lewa(m): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
EGJ Must reshuffle the FEC with immediate effect.He must also sack Farida for napping on duty and Maurice for
assaulting our collective intelligence as a nation.
He must do all he can to stay on the side of reason and common sense to build up political capital and the
goodwill of the generality of our people.
I hope the guts and the brawn he has shown ain't a just a spark,but actual determination and boldness.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Dotman01(m): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2010
Recycling from evil to devil
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by kshow1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Another step backwards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what were his achievements when he first performed in that capacity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Bent On Winning 2023 Presidential Poll With Peter Obi - LP Chieftain / My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu / PDP Deceitful Cabal Has Held Delta Down Since 1999 – Ogboru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.