Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,849 members, 7,882,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:26 PM

Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. (9445 Views)

Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect / 2.744bn SURE-P FUNDS: Touch It & Go To Jail- El Rufai Warns Mukhtar Yero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
@na_so. Your intelligently thought out well articulated opinions are noted. I agree with you that Jonathan has to consolidate power so as to enable him to lead Nigeria authoritatively  It is the characters Jonathan is bringing in to consolidate his power base that I have a problem with . You are a bright chap and I do not feel I need to remind you of the details of how the need to "consolidate" power and escape the overbearing influence of OBJ led Yar Adua to install retrogressive men everywhere (Kingibe, Anenih, et al ) . Nil progress was made under Yar Adua because he was totally consumed with bringing in combative individuals who would neutralise OBJ to the extent that he overlooked how these individuals had failed Nigeria seriously in the past. Nigeria has wasted three years , under Yar Adua, due to the mentality that places the need to consolidate power ahead of the farmore urgent need to deploy those who can deliver good governance. Yar Adua got his wish and OBJ was neutered yet Nigeria stagnated badly and mediocrity , everywhere , was the order of the day !!!!!

All I see Jonathan doing right now , using Yar Adua's desperado "consolidation" principles,  is assembling the same type of character as the ones who have caused the current impasse. These men have cabal and elitist politics in their blood . It will not be long before Danjuma, Gusau (and whoever else) constitute themselves into the same nuisance to Nigeria that Aondoakaa, Ruma, Mukhtar, Kurfi, et al became. The key fact is that all these retrogressive invididuals are been drafted in to help Jonathan sleep better. I have a problem with that. There is a way Jonathan can balance the need to consolidate power without mortgaging Nigeria's future to rampaging marauders like OBJ and Yar Adua have done. We must learn from history else be damned to making the same mistakes that has gotten our nation to this pathetic stage.  Jonathan can bring in individuals with sagacity who still have integrity and progressive thinking (yes they exist).

Jonathan is been guided to make these choices by men (like OBJ ) who will leave Nigeria in the hands of Satan if it suits their agenda. We will see how Jonathan's 8 -10 months Presidency goes. If I were a gambling man I would bet it would be another wasted period after which Nigeria will gain another regressive President leading to four more wasted years.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by globalaid(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
i agree with your point fully.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by kobikwelu(m): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gbawe

you just seem  not to  get it

its called balance of power.

J
onathan can bring in individuals with sagacity who still have integrity and progressive thinking (yes they exist).

pleeeeeeassseeee name 1 person who has all this and can counter the UMYA cabals
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Eziachi: 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
From Sarki Muktar to Aliyu Gusau, from an old bottle to a much older old bottle, so the recycling continues.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
kobikwelu:

Gbawe

you just seem not to get it

its called balance of power.
J
pleeeeeeassseeee name 1 person who has all this and can counter the UMYA cabals

grin grin grin Is that what you call it ? Let us wait and see. It seems we never learn from history in Nigeria. those who want to do well for Nigeria do not bring in the same hands that ruined her unless they are totally consumed with the type of need for self-preservation that overlooks everything else !!!! "Balance of power" should mean balancing sagacity with performance. It is Nigeria that loses out when , for example , Yar Adua makes Anenih NPA boss because he was informed that Mr. Fixit is the only one capable of outrigging OBJ !!! Even Obama made veiled reference to this pathetic situation with how he announced in Ghana that no nation can make progress when the boss of the Port Authority is highly corrupt and compromised.

Anyway let them carry on "balancing power" by deploying those who only know how to plot coups , loot , scheme, backstab and pillage.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naso2(m): 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Gbawe
Nice one I understand your point. But please answer the question kobikwelu asked. And i repeat.

Kobikwelu:
pleeeeeeassseeee name 1 person who has all this and can counter the UMYA cabals?
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
Lets see where all this leads to?
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
Colonel Abubakar Umar , like Balarabe Musa , is well respected in the North and throughout Nigeria as one of the detribalised progressives who knows his onions. His sharp military mind and uprightness is also commendable. Why is a character like him not considered if "balancing power" does not actually mean bringing in the same self-serving rogues everyone erroneouosly assume are 'masters of the game' !!! Must we be slaves to experience forever to the detriment of Nigeria ? Was there not a time when Gusua , Danjuma and co were also lacking real experience?

Umar is not the only name and if we begin inspecting suitable names it will soon become obvious that it is only the carefully crafted myth that some individuals are 'experienced masters' that neccesitate the ridiculous recall of spent forces like a character who made , in one deal and at the expense of Nigeria , $500 million he did not know how to spend while people die because nobody will build a $10,000 health centre for them.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2010
office of NSA is not for social critics
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by teskyg: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
What is nthis man doing?, why pick another Northerner, they will finish him quickly
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
krendo:

Umar is just an example of a respected Northerner who has decent clout . The point is that the job of NSA It is not for men lacking in integrity either. It is not for men loyal to other men rather than to Nigeria and it's constitution. Being a social critic should not exclude Umar. If he can do the intelligence work then he should be considered . you don't have to be a Gestapo-type character to be an effective NSA . If folks think Gusua cannot deploy troops , in organising a coup around Jonathan , like Mukhtar did then they don't know Gusua. Folks like Gusua are hardened military men who only ultimately respect those they deem above them , militarily , like OBJ and IBB. It is only Soldiers with integrity of mind and purpose who can function effectively in a democracy without undermining said democracy when certain considerations arise . If anyone thinks Gusua cannot use this new podium to undermine Jonathan in an attempt to gain the Presidency then they have a lot to learn about the mindset of many of the old Generation of Nigerian Military officers.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umar simply can't do intelligence, neither can Balarabe Musa

Its like appointing Gani Fawenhinmi as NSA

thats ridiculous, what are their credentials?

The reason I say this people can't do NSA is because of the stuff they are made off not just cos they are critics

Bzigniew Brezinski of US is one time NSA to Jimmy Carter, and today he is a public commentator in America. So the issue here is not necessarily being critics alone. The issue here is Dangiwa Umar has no intelligence records.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gbawe:

Umar is just an example of a respected Northerner who has decent clout . The point is that the job of NSA It is not for men lacking in integrity either. It is not for men loyal to other men rather than to Nigeria and it's constitution. Being a social critic should not exclude Umar. If he can do the intelligence work then he should be considered . you don't have to be a Gestapo-type character to be an effective NSA . If folks think Gusua cannot deploy troops , in organising a coup around Jonathan , like Mukhtar did then they don't know Gusua. Folks like Gusua are hardened military men who only ultimately respect those they deem above them , militarily , like OBJ and IBB. It is only Soldiers with integrity of mind and purpose who can function effectively in a democracy without undermining said democracy when certain considerations arise . If anyone thinks Gusua cannot use this new podium to undermine Jonathan in an attempt to gain the Presidency then they have a lot to learn about the mindset of many of the old Generation of Nigerian Military officers.
shocked shocked

No!!

Clout is far from all that is required. Intelligence is a field in itself, putting an untrained persorn in such a sensitive post might be like asking a mechanic to do a doctors job.
Intelligence is not something that can be left to trial and error or "cut and sew". Gusau is a tested hand that has extensive training / experience in the field.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naso2(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
krendo:

Thank you very plenty.

Gbawe seems to be seeing this Jonathan's tenure as a normal one. Wrong. This is a special or rather illegal(YES I mean illegal) 1 year for this man to do some good while fighting evil with every weapon at his disposal.

Balarabe Musa or Dangiwa?  grin grin grin grin You think jobs like these are given to people based on their popularity press rating? Na beer parlour dis people wey u mention go dey , when dem go hear martial song for radio.  grin grin grin

Let me tell you, Jonathan sure needs some good men around him, but he must pay the proverbial rent to some "evil" men too , to help him fight evil. Anything short of that na suicide for JOE.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by kobikwelu(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
OGA GBAWE

balarabe musa!!!!

kai, i laf in hausa/fulani.

and you tink he can stand before the likes of IBB,IBORI,UMYA GROUP!!! haba oga.

APART FROM HIS TOTAL INEPTNESS IN THE INTELLIGENCE FIELD, WHAT HAS HE TO OFFER THAT WOULD GALVANIZE SOME OF THE POLITICAL ELITE TO HIS CAMP??

no wonder it took u time before you could find somebody to put up in your defence to the pointblank question posed!!!

an assignment, google the history of NSA chiefs of the US since the soviet era . AND READ THEIR RESUME!!!

then come back and lets talk
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by kobikwelu(m): 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2010

Balarabe Musa or Dangiwa? You think jobs like these are given to people based on their popularity press rating? Na beer parlour dis people wey u mention go dey , when dem go hear martial song for radio.

LWKMD , LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

kai una wa kill me ooooooo,

seriously
balarabe is a critic and an ideologist and you want to put him as NSA chief!!!.

pls try again
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by illusion2: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
krendo:

Well said

Its been alleged that dDngiwa used to to take it in from IBB . . . . shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
illusion2:

Well said

Its been alleged that dDngiwa used to to take it in from IBB . . . . shocked shocked shocked

I be a small pikin o! Oga please, what does this means? grin

@topic
IBB was also his own overall intelligence boss. His efforts seriously killed the military, especially the airfoce and navy; other side effects were the death of Dele Giwa etc.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by fishaboi(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
how can you appoint a recent presidential aspirant to the post of NSA?
Dr. Goodie this makes no sense at all. Especially at this moment when we are dealing with multiple, critical security issues.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
Jonathan may have simply proven that he has a lot to learn in his trade or maybe this is a gambit which will be part of a masterstroke. Only time will tell which one it is.
There is no doubt that Gusau is by 'Nigerian Standards' good in security intelligence but if OBJ could not secure Gusau's loyalty there is no proof that Jonathan can. Gusau may simply use this position to pursue whatever is his 2011 agenda.

I also do not think folks like Dangiwa or Balarabe have any business in NSA.

I was hoping for a figure like Gen. Mohamed Abdullahi. My reasons are simple, this guy has always been part of the better part of our chequered history. I personally believe that this record has a corelation with his background. He has a confused background and folks like this if they recognise where they are from, they will understand that they can only have a voice in a Nigeria where everybody has a voice.
Mohamed Abdullahi is a Northern Muslim from the North Central state of Kwara. I think ethnically he is Yoruba.

Folks belief or not, people's background have an impact on their world view. There is a reason OBJ always appointed ethnic minorities as CDS and CAOS. Check the history from 1999. These are some legitimate strategies Jonathan must look at in the mean time.

Victor Malu (Benue)/Alexander Ogomudia (Edo)
Alexander Ogomudia (Edo)/ Martin Luthar Agwai (Southern Kaduna)
Martin Luthar Agwai (Southern Kaduna)/ Andrew Owoye Azazi (Ijaw, Bayelsa)
Andrew Owoye Azazi (Ijaw)/ Luka Nye Yusuf (probably Southern Kaduna)

Who knows Its possible to have an NSA who will be just a figure head if you place the right guys as heads of NIA, DMI, SSS, Army, CDS. If you have a diverse group heading these institution it does not necessarily matter who the NSA is. He will have no choice but to conceal his personal agenda and do the right thing. Even though you appoint Domkat Bali as NSA there will be no reason to be scared.

I don't believe in Gusau's appointment but it is possible to contain him so long as Jonathan stands for truth Nigerians of all tribes can identify with. Jonathan as an Ijaw man must learn to handle things delicately and be careful of those who may think they have more right to run the country than he does. I support OBJ's argument which says no group or section can appropriate Nigeria. I believe Jonathan should also subscribe to this ideology.

So its not all lost, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope. But I must say Jonathan's appointments so far have not been very inspiring. Lets have some young bloods too.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
By the way, now that Sarki Mukhtar is gone, watch out for how the noise of the whole Yar'adua kitchen cabinet will soon fizzle out.

we have been saying this here.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gbawe:

Colonel Abubakar Umar , like Balarabe Musa , is well respected in the North and throughout Nigeria as one of the detribalised progressives who knows his onions. His sharp military mind and uprightness is also commendable. Why is a character like him not considered if "balancing power" does not actually mean bringing in the same self-serving rogues everyone erroneouosly assume are 'masters of the game' !!! Must we be slaves to experience forever to the detriment of Nigeria ? Was there not a time when Gusua , Danjuma and co were also lacking real experience?

Umar is not the only name and if we begin inspecting suitable names it will soon become obvious that it is only the carefully crafted myth that some individuals are 'experienced masters' that neccesitate the ridiculous recall of spent forces like a character who made , in one deal and at the expense of Nigeria , $500 million he did not know how to spend while people die because nobody will build a $10,000 health centre for them.
olodo
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
mikeansy:

By the way, now that Sarki Mukhtar is gone, watch out for how the noise of the whole Yar'adua kitchen cabinet will soon fizzle out.

we have been saying this here.

Sarki Mukhtar leaving is really neither here nor there until the FEC has been dismembered and reconstituted. Not until Danbazau has been neutered and retired.
Let us look to see if Jonathan will be strengthened enough to at least achieve the 10,000 MW that the US promised to help us with (if no be maut) and 100% implement the Uwais recommendations.
He will fail at the above if that ugly crowd of jobbers and robbers surrounds him for much longer. I hear say dem don close down all services for Turai at Aso Rock (even cooks no get work, food has to be brought in).
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

Sarki Mukhtar leaving is really neither here nor there until the FEC has been dismembered and reconstituted. Not until Danbazau has been neutered and retired.
Let us look to see if Jonathan will be strengthened enough to at least achieve the 10,000 MW that the US promised to help us with (if no be maut) and 100% implement the Uwais recommendations.
He will fail at the above if that ugly crowd of jobbers and robbers still surrounds him.

Rearranging the security apparatus will solve most problems.

Make them post Yosuf Tilde go Bayelsa and replace him with someone else; and Isolate Turai. She will become so bored until she will ask herself to be returned to Katsina.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by picazy: 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
At this point, Jonathan can not and must not have a naive NSA, this caused the security lapse that ensured that he was detained between thw time the plane landed and Yar'Adua moved into Aso Rock. What he did in military parlance is Reconnaissance, just watch his next move. He will catch a lot of people napping including the so called kitchen cabinet.

It is not how fast but how well done. I think we we should just allow next FEC to play out, surprises all the way.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
No need to make every week FEC meeting a political battle. I will expect that they will discuss policy tomorrow and no mention of Yar'adua.

But in the next coming weeks the disloyal folks should be eased out based on performance.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
^
I'm sure most Nigerians will be dissapointed if they are simply eased out and not actively hounded into Gashua and Kirikiri.
We want to see blood on the floor.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Kindy: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nawa ooooooooooooooooooh!
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Fhemmmy: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

^
I'm sure most Nigerians will be dissapointed if they are simply eased out and not actively hounded into Gashua and Kirikiri.
We want to see blood on the floor.

If u see blood, would u be able to stand?
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nigerd(m): 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
Who is NEXXXXTTTT/
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ Time will tell
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
Niger_d:

Who is NEXXXXTTTT/

Economic Adviser Tanimu Yakubu

His replacement will not need Senate confirmation. Tanimu Yakubu needs to be expelled from Aso Rock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cash Crunch Hits Reps, Shun Visits To Constituencies / Ekiti Elections: PDP Rally Versus APC -osinbajo Rally Pictures / APC Splits Into Three Factions In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.