Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,552 members, 7,975,170 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:25 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4541902 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Dibiachukwu: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
playmode:

I see you are incapable of having a civil debate as civility seems to elude you.I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance and self deceit.You are just a typical Nigerian who boasts without facts.You expect me to believe some made up list.So Krav Maga or enduring the weight of a car on your tummy is for kids It called endurance and discipline MR.If you are a soldier and you lack both ,you are dead already.If you run out of ammo ,krav maga comes in handy to disarm your opponent or do you think you can sweet talk your enemy out of shooting you? Jeez for someone who talks like he knows everything about modern militaries you sound naive.

Dude,i only deal with facts not fantasy tales.The Algerian army has modernized Migs 29 which can level Lagos and Abuja within days with missiles,submarines which can launch an attack on Nigeria from the sea ,destroyers that can pound Nigeria from the sea. NNS Aradu will be sunk in a minute by an undetectable submarine.I am done exchanging with you ,have a good night.

Nothing in the universe is undetectable!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
*Nigerian navy also have corvette's F-81 to F-86
*6 (2 of them stealth)light frigates all due for delivery by 2013-2014

* additional contracts recently signed for an unknown, unspecified number of ships by the new chief of naval staff

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2013
this playmode of a guy talk as if he had sense, bt end up proofing he is a dunce
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:52am On Apr 22, 2013

[size=20pt]south african army sets new african record ?[/size]

ongoing research indicates that south african army seems to have set a new african military record by their FASTEST defeat, retreat and escape of a major military power nation in africa. information available still puts south african army on top list as the fastest collapse, defeat, retreat, abandon equipments, and escape, as well as begging for safe route out of battle zone during their disastrous battle against the seleka rebels of CAR last month march 2013.

courtesy of @patriot4

[size=16pt]

" South African peacekeepers in CAR to support government troops suffered casualties but failed to stop the rebel advance."

"South African troops retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport, Ms Martin said"

web link source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21915901
[/size]

This is a United Nations staff on ground informing BBC NEWS.

[size=16pt]
truth, south African army failed/defeated in combat and retreated/ran away in combat and seeking/begging for safe passage/escape route from the men/boys of Seleka rebels fighters.[/size]

International disgrace in deed !

. posted by augustine, aka @agaugust...abi, ema wo awon boys wonyi, won ti pari south africa ke, oga o ! yeee paripa !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 22, 2013
playmode: I have been following this thread for a while and i feel i need to intervene now.
First off SA Defence Forces and Nigeria's Defence forces are not what i will call capable defense forces.

Let me start with SA:

SA’s military hardware is overrated. Apart from some APC which they developed locally they are no extremely significant military hardware they possess. The combat skill of the current SANDF boys leaves much to be desired as BEE (SA’s version of affirmative action) has ruined the competency of the SANDF.

Most of the grippen jets that SA has are sitting in a warehouse somewhere and SA only has six capable pilots to fly the operational ones. The operational ones however are not armed as the SA government cannot afford to arm the grippens. Needless to say , the grippens are just for show and pose no threat to anyone. They also have a limited range so they cannot attack countries far away without having a place to refuel.

The submarines which SA has have been in and out of the maintenance dock because of regular problems. Not too long ago, One of the submarines hit the bottom of the ocean due to human error (incompetence). On another occasion another submarine was grounded because an incompetent sailor replaced a dead fuse with a new one which had the wrong voltage. Yet again the incompetence of SANDF personal comes to bear. The recent defeat they suffered at the hands of CAR rebels mainly made up of farmers and teenagers also shows that they are not capable of fighting a full on war at the moment.

In regards to the SA Army itself , their training is poor as incompetent soldiers(especially black ones)are promoted just because they are black and not because they are competent. The standard issue assault weapons of the SANDF is the R5 which is based on the Kalashnikov and is no march for the M4 carbine used by the US Army and other modernized Armies. The SANDF has no business fighting wars at this stage until they get their house in order, no amount of new shiny military toys can save them from defeat considering how incompetent their personnel is.

No moving on to Nigeria

First off the Nigerian Defence Force personnel have absolutely zero discipline. They behave like thugs when in the midst of civilians and like to disobey laws of the land. They are also brutal when handling civilian in civil disputes. I personally see them as a bunch of moronic thugs who bring disrepute to their uniforms. They are supposed to exude an air of pride and discipline but instead exude an air of terror when they engage civilians. The training given to Nigerian military personal especially the combatant ones is not professional but brutal. I feel that the instructor focus more on turning the men into hardened, bloodthirsty, above the law thugs instead of competent law abiding personnel.
The Nigerian Military’s hardware. What hardware? Those Alpha jets are so ancient ,I am surprised they are still able to fly. Our pilots are also so fat that I am shocked that the Alpha can still lift up under such weight. Our tanks are also old as the last batch were bought during the babangida era. Many of them are gathering dust in various barracks all over Nigeria. Our Navy has an old flag ship which looks like it belongs in a museum and our DSS personnel (judging from the picture provided) are poorly equipped as well as undisciplined.

The DSS are undisciplined because they wore T shirt and trousers with body armour. They are supposed to be in matching khaki pants with pouches ,khaki shirt and matching boots to look like a S.W.A.T team. Instead they look like security guards on a casual stroll.As for the new APCs which Nigeria has allegedly acquired, APC don’t win wars

P.S I am a Nigerian living in South Africa.I am proudly Nigerian but i detest BS!Frankly the attitude of some of the Nigerians and South Africans on this thread leaves much to be desired.It is like two ants arguing while the real elephants are quiet.

As you say you live in SA.

Now let me debunk some of your myths and foolish nonsense you spewed here.

1-The submarine that had a been "socalled" damaged and as you say SA subs are in dry dock, accidentally took part in Exercise Atlasur and exercise and and the other one in Exercise Good hope two weeks after it was reported by daily-maverick as being "damaged beyond repair".
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-27570

Here is another link hope you sit back and keep your sh*it talk for yourself because we've been through the same nonsense before on this thread and every time someone new comes along we must go back to old sh*it just because [b]You
didn't take the time to read what's been said and reported before.
http://www.sanews.gov.za/south-africa/anti-piracy-efforts-boosted-joint-navy-exercise

Now to the Gripen nonsense that's also been proven wrong.

You said the Gripen wasn't armed now here is a link to SAAF Gripens being Stationed at Lusaka, Zambia when they came from Ethebbe Airport in Uganda. Now you will see they were Armed up with AAM-IR missiles including Pavway PGM's and also had drop tanks fitted hope you can read Afrikaans but the weaopons systems is cleary visible.
http://m.news24.com/beeld/Suid-Africa/Nuus/SA-was-reg-vir-nog-20130409

You are a fool, now if there's only six pilots for the Gripens how the hell did they send 4 Gripens to Uganda and DRC without replacement staff and technicians. Go do research before u talk sh*it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2013
agaugust:

Nigeria has 24 Alpha Jets total.

Only 10 is operational go read your own sources or postr a source which states as of 2010-2012 how many is in active service or capt in storage. not outdated nonsense I'd rather use the L-15 falcon and SU-25 then that old Alphas for current operations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 8:51am On Apr 22, 2013
@Henry,patriot4,DictatorZAR,Capnd143: You are birds of the same feather.You are all uncouth individuals who choose to insult people who defer with your views.How you expect anyone to take your arguments serious when they are laced with insults is beyond me.None of you have been able to prove wrong what i have said with HARD FACTS.All you have done is moan ,curse and complain.From my experience the emptiest folks makes the loudest noise.It is the same way saffers used to boast about how solidly equipped they were yet they got their asses handed to them on a platter of gold by a rag army made of farmers and teenagers. Prove to the viewers of this thread that you possess some form of intelligence and shows us facts facts not fantasy stories.

@DictatorZAR - You are asking me how many countries have an aircraft carrier yet you boast about your "sitting duck" submarines all the time.Hypocrite much?By the way i will tackle the other part of your comment shortly.

@all4naija - Please re-read my comment.At no point in time did i glorify the SA army.Infact i regard them as highly incompetent and mommy's boys.

@agaugust - Thank you for welcoming me to the thread,much appreciated

@All- The only two people on this thread that have offered some of honest debating and proper decorum is agaugust and Andrewza.These are the only two individuals i believe can enlighten the viewers of the thread without bias.

As maintained before i believe that the Nigerian Defence and the SANDf will have an extremely tough time taking on Algerians and Egypt.Maybe i should invite Egyptians and Algerians to this thread ,let us see how much noise you guys will make then.You are all welcome to counter me.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 22, 2013
@Playmode

Another bull you've posted here was about the M4 vs R5 rifle

-First of all the SANDF don't use the R5(mostly police hv them). They use the R4 rifle which was upgraded in 2010 by state owned arms manufacturing company Denel.

-The M4 is battle tested yes but its not the best rifle on the defense market also.

Here is a small comparison between the M4/R4 (this doesn't include the newly upgraded version)

-M4 cartridge 5.56. 45mm round/R4 5.56 . 45mm

-M4 muscle velocity 2970ft/sec(88sec)
R4 muscle velocity 3251 ft/sec

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-9747/

Now I don't have time for fools like you.
-
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 9:11am On Apr 22, 2013
patriot4: Some made up list ? Are you kidding ? It is the global firepower ranking.
You really think I made it up ?
This shows you are a fool. And everybody here is now fully aware of that.
I think people like Henry and augustus who know much more than me on military Equipment might ignore you, because no one likes talking to fools. And it seems to me you are not a Nigerian since you have just insulted every Nigerian.
And did you talk about using krav maga when bullets run out ?
How old are you or from which menthal asylum are you writing.
I don't find your posts funny.
I think you should stop being s.tupid!

Lol now i am being asked if i am really a Nigerian.It is this attitude that you have that makes people outside Nigeria detest Nigerians.This attitude of being overly ignorant ,arrogant and rude.

So pray tell as someone who is "mature" how you will proceed when your bullets runs out and you are faced with a single enemy with a loaded firearm.Wave and smile perhaps?

Are you saying the Isreali forces who you and i know Nigeria can not beat are kids too for learning Krav Maga.My posts are not meant to be funny ,they are meant to present facts which knuckle heads like you and your South African friend Dictatorzar can't comprehend.Saying you are strong does not mean you are strong.SA said they were strong yet they got their behinds ceremoniously kicked by a bunch of rag tag rebels in front of the whole fuxking world nogal! The so called list of Military power still say SA is stronger than Nigeria yet they can't defeat a brigade of non sharp shooting farmers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 9:12am On Apr 22, 2013
DictatorZAR: @Playmode

Another bull you've posted here was about the M4 vs R5 rifle

-First of all the SANDF don't use the R5(mostly police hv them). They use the R4 rifle which was upgraded in 2010 by state owned arms manufacturing company Denel.

-The M4 is battle tested yes but its not the best rifle on the defense market also.

Here is a small comparison between the M4/R4 (this doesn't include the newly upgraded version)

-M4 cartridge 5.56. 45mm round/R4 5.56 . 45mm

-M4 muscle velocity 2970ft/sec(88sec)
R4 muscle velocity 3251 ft/sec

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-9747/

Now I don't have time for fools like you.
-

How well did your R4 do for you in CAR grin

On a serious note though the R4 and R5 are very good assault rifles though i think M4 has more accessories than them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 9:27am On Apr 22, 2013
This is for the people who said SA Troops ran away from Seleka rebels in CAR.

HOW DEADLY CAR BATTLE UNFOLDED

By Helmoed Römer Heitman

From March 22 until about 9pm on March 24, 200 South African soldiers fought a series of running battles outside Bangui in the Central African Republic (CAR) against 3 000 or more well-armed opponents. And they did so while the CAR Army (Faca) evaporated and the peacekeeping forces of the Central African Standby Brigade disappeared from the scene.

That series of running battles claimed 13 soldiers and 27 others were wounded, but the force retained its cohesion and was able to fall back from two separate engagement areas to its base and to hold it until their attackers gave up trying to overrun them and proposed a ceasefire and disengagement. By then the rebels had suffered as many as 500 casualties, based on estimates by officers with considerable operational experience and estimated by a number of NGOs in the country. In the process the soldiers fired off more than 12 000 rounds of 12.7mm machinegun ammunition, 288 rockets from 107mm rocket launchers and 800 bombs from 81mm mortars, and thousands of rounds from 7.62mm machineguns and 5.56mm rifles.

This was one of the hardest-fought actions that the SA Army has experienced, and the soldiers fought well, even outstandingly. That is not only reflected in the fact that this small unit retained cohesion to the end of the action, but also in the casualties that it inflicted on its opponents: such casualties that it was the Seleka rebels who proposed a ceasefire and disengagement.

Their valour was underlined by the French force at Bangui airport when it held a formal parade to bid farewell to those who died.

Continued.....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2013
HOW DEADLY CAR BATTLE UNFOLDED...CONTINUED

South Africa has since withdrawn the bulk of its small force in the CAR following the fall of the CAR government.

The South African government had wanted to relieve the troops and deploy a stronger force to stabilise the situation pending a decision by the AU, but the French government – whose troops control the only viable airport – would not permit deployment of new combat forces lest it draw an attack on the airport or on French citizens in Bangui.

Information from Uganda suggests that South Africa is, instead, deploying some force elements there and perhaps also to the Democratic Republic of Congo, to provide early action capability should Seleka endanger the remaining South African troops in the country, or should the AU decide on a military intervention.

The small South African force was deployed to the CAR on January 1/2, to protect the two training teams already there under a 2007 Memorandum of Understanding, and to help stabilise the security situation after a startlingly swift rebel advance from the east of the country to near Bangui. Aircraft had to be chartered for the purpose, as the SA Air Force does not have the strategic air transport capacity for even such a small undertaking.

CONTINUED....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2013
Henry120:

Thank you obiagelli. Welcome to the thread.

The nigerian military is very well trained. Our officers at the national defence college are amongst the best anywhere in the world. They continually develop manuals based on experiences gained from fighting wars abroad and at home.

NADCEL (nigerian army celebrations) last year provided nigerians the opportunity to see the army's counter terrorism techniques. I also provided pictures to buttress.

So wait for this years army day, hopefully the army high command would provide nigerians with another visual treat. then nigerians can compare with visuals of american forces.

The algerians killed both hostages and terrorist early this year at a gas plant. Attacking a highly in flammable facility with MI-35 gunships. This is the sort of training a dunce wants us to have.

War on terror
The army or SSS has killed or arrested more terrorist than any security service in indonesia combined.

The indonesia detachment 88 is widely regarded as one of the world's most effective special forces group. They receive millions of dollars worth of military aid from the US every year, also seperate are gadgets and military training from navy seals. Now when we compare that agency with that of our own DSS, the DSS has under 2 short years been able to score more mission achievements than the detachment 88 can muster in all her existence.

Anybody who comes here and says the DSS is not well trained or armed/ kitted, isn't worth my time. I'd rather ignore the mofo.

Are you capable of not lying? So i am a mofo because i disagree with your view?I bet you are an ill mannered Nigerian Military personnel hence the uncouth attitude.Don't worry most Nigerians know how you guys behave so nothing shocking there.The only things wey guys like you sabi na gra gra. No professionalism ,No ethics.

Now here is an account of why the Algerian army attacked :

The Algerian prime minister later said the militants had tried to take the hostages from the living quarters to the main gas site on Thursday, which sparked the army to begin its first assault on the vehicles they were travelling in.

At around 2pm, the Algerian forces launched an assault on the plant, with helicopters strafing a convoy of militants’ vehicles, each containing hostages. Four of the five vehicles were destroyed. All morning, the militants had lined up hostages, with taped mouths and bombs strapped to them, to prepare to transfer them in five 4x4 vehicles.

A Filipino survivor, Joseph Balmaceda, who gave a press conference after his escape, said gunmen used him for cover: “Whenever government troops tried to use a helicopter to shoot at the enemy, we were used as human shields.”

As much as i agree that the Algerian could have held on for a while ,the fact is they were dealing with terrorist who were ready to die for what they believe in.

The same Nigeria Military you are comparing kill innocent Nigerian citizens on the street of Nigeria regularly without there being any terrorist siege.Do i need to remind you how many times Nigerian soldiers and police have shot at each other on the streets of Nigeria.Is that what you call discipline? Is that not a Nigerian soldier below punishing a citizen in broad day light? Learn to be truthful.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2013
playmode:

Lol now i am being asked if i am really a Nigerian.It is this attitude that you have that makes people outside Nigeria detest Nigerians.This attitude of being overly ignorant ,arrogant and rude.

So pray tell as someone who is "mature" how you will proceed when your bullets runs out and you are faced with a single enemy with a loaded firearm.Wave and smile perhaps?

Are you saying the Isreali forces who you and i know Nigeria can not beat are kids too for learning Krav Maga.My posts are not meant to be funny ,they are meant to present facts which knuckle heads like you and your South African friend Dictatorzar can't comprehend.Saying you are strong does not mean you are strong.SA said they were strong yet they got their behinds ceremoniously kicked by a bunch of rag tag rebels in front of the whole fuxking world nogal! The so called list of Military power still say SA is stronger than Nigeria yet they can't defeat a brigade of non sharp shooting farmers.
Look, if you have no more bullets and your ennemies still have bullets then krav maga will not save you ! for god's sake krav maga doesn't make you a superman ! This is why I am calling you names. You keep saying things that make people think you are a fool, things such as accusing me of making up the global firepower ranking. Your lack of any web link to prove your claims is an other thing. In here paople don't just come and say whatever they want, they post links supporting their claims. This is an other thing that makes people here to isnult you, you just come saying they are liars and you start claiming things with no link to support you, while they gave links to prove their claims. Now have you understood who is arrogant among us ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2013
I get that you are a biafran nationalist who hates the Nigerian army, still that doesn't give you the right to come here and start your lies, does it ?
playmode:

Are you capable of not lying? So i am a mofo because i disagree with your view?I bet you are an ill mannered Nigerian Military personnel hence the uncouth attitude.Don't worry most Nigerians know how you guys behave so nothing shocking there.The only things wey guys like you sabi na gra gra. No professionalism ,No ethics.

Now here is an account of why the Algerian army attacked :

The Algerian prime minister later said the militants had tried to take the hostages from the living quarters to the main gas site on Thursday, which sparked the army to begin its first assault on the vehicles they were travelling in.

At around 2pm, the Algerian forces launched an assault on the plant, with helicopters strafing a convoy of militants’ vehicles, each containing hostages. Four of the five vehicles were destroyed. All morning, the militants had lined up hostages, with taped mouths and bombs strapped to them, to prepare to transfer them in five 4x4 vehicles.

A Filipino survivor, Joseph Balmaceda, who gave a press conference after his escape, said gunmen used him for cover: “Whenever government troops tried to use a helicopter to shoot at the enemy, we were used as human shields.”

As much as i agree that the Algerian could have held on for a while ,the fact is they were dealing with terrorist who were ready to die for what they believe in.

The same Nigeria Military you are comparing kill innocent Nigerian citizens on the street of Nigeria regularly without there being any terrorist siege.Do i need to remind you how many times Nigerian soldiers and police have shot at each other on the streets of Nigeria.Is that what you call discipline? Is that not a Nigerian soldier below punishing a citizen in broad day light? Learn to be truthful.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2013
patriot4: I get that you are a biafran nationalist who hates the Nigerian army, still that doesn't give you the right to come here and start your lies, does it ?

Biafran Nationalist shocked ROFLMAO grin

Dude take a chill pill ,why are you having hypertension over my comments? First i am African then 150% Yoruba with origins from Ado Ekiti and Ondo though i was born and bred in Lagos.So your biafra whatever accusation is far off the mark.Please leave tribe out of this conversation before the Ndigbo association of Nairaland descend on us,i am sure you know how passionate they are wink .You asked for links ,i posted a link to show you Algeria's army. What else do you require?

My "beef" with you is the way you started addressing me with insults.I thought this thread was for mature minds.I personally feel your attitude and Dictatorzar's is nothing short of appalling.I know you are passionate about Nigeria but I am sick of this Naija vs South nonsense on internet forums.Why can we debate like mature adults and defer on opinions without insulting one another.If you feel i don't know what i am talking about ,counter my argument and EDUCATE me.Don't insult me. cool

If you feel my Algeria claim is pure nonsense,please simulate a war between Nigeria and Algeria .Chai na wa o ,people dey vex grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2013
playmode:

Biafran Nationalist shocked ROFLMAO grin

Dude take a chill pill ,why are you having hypertension over my comments? First i am African then 150% Yoruba with origins from Ado Ekiti and Ondo though i was born and bred in Lagos.So your biafra whatever accusation is far off the mark.You asked for links ,i posted link to show you Algeria's army. Whatelse do you require?

My "beef" with you is the way you started addressing me with insults.I thought this thread was for mature minds.I personally feel your attitude of your and Dictatorzar is nothing short of appalling.I know ny7ou are passionate about about Nigeria but I am sick of this Najia vs South nonsense on internet forums.Why can we debate like mature adult and defer on opinions without insulting one another.If you feel i don't know what i am talking about ,counter my argumemnt and EDUCATE me.Don't insult me. cool

If you feel my Algeria claim is pure nonsense,please simulate a war between Nigeria and Algeria .Chai na wa o ,people dey vex grin
Look your link "showing the algerian army" didn't prove anything. Your link was nothing but a forum in which people were talking about the algerian army. What we are asking here is news reports, military experts analysis, that would confirm your claims. I already posted the global firpower ranking that puts Nigeria ahead of Algeria. You see the global firepower ranking is verry credible so if you want to prove I am wrong then you have to provide something as credible as that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 11:36am On Apr 22, 2013
patriot4: Look your link "showing the algerian army" didn't prove anything. Your link was nothing but a forum in which people were talking about the algerian army. What we are asking here is news reports, military experts analysis, that would confirm your claims. I already posted the global firpower ranking that puts Nigeria ahead of Algeria. You see the global firepower ranking is verry credible so if you want to prove I am wrong then you have to provide something as credible as that.

You and i know that Ranking are not always accurate.SA is ranked higher than Nigeria just because of hardware yet Algeria who has more hardware than Nigeria is ranked lower.Please enlighten me on how this so called experts came to that conclusion I have always found this type of rankings to be flawed ,misleading and dangerous.

Nigeria is currently being touted as becoming an economic superpower to overtake SA in a few years yet Nigerians lack basic amenities which is readily available in South Africa.It is the same way they say 60% of Nigerians live on less than $1 a day yet we have 111,673,508 cell phone subscribers.This is why i always take rankings with a pinch of salt because when the real war starts ,realities will not agree with these rankings.The rankings are opinions of human beings like you and me and not based on through research as no army will allow a foreign individual to research their armed forces.

I said it before in my comment that our boys can fight,that i do not dispute.Our boys have heart when it comes to fighting so there is no complain there.However when we talk about modern warfare we are behind.If you look at the standard gear that each NATO carries on himself your mouth will water in the military sense.If the Nigerian Government can arm our troops at least to the level of the Egyptians ,Algerian or South African ,no one will dare Fxk with us.We have the men and the will but we currently lack modern hardware.Do you remember the Bakassi ordeal?

What irks me more is that we can easily afford these hardware but our Government and military general stuff their pockets with our monies instead of providing modern equipment for boys.One only needs to look our pot bellied Military leaders to understand where the rot is.

Just look at the differences in the photo below:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2013
Look, once again you are being too arrogant and you are yet to produce a link to prove your claims.
As suggested by the global firepower ranking, Nigeria has more Equipment than Algeria.
If you don't want to be insulted in this forum then back whatever you say with a link.
You keep asking me to educate you, but I am not here for that.
playmode:

You and i know that Ranking are not always accurate.SA is ranked higher than Nigeria just because of hardware yet Algeria who has more hardware than Nigeria is ranked lower.Please enlighten me on how this so called experts came to that conclusion I have always found this type of rankings to be flawed ,misleading and dangerous.

Nigeria is currently being touted as becoming an economic superpower to overtake SA in a few years yet Nigerians lack basic amenities which is readily available in South Africa.It is the same way they say 60% of Nigerians live on less than $1 a day yet we have 111,673,508 cell phone subscribers.This is why i always take rankings with a pinch of salt because when the real war starts ,realities will not agree with these rankings.The rankings are opinions of human beings like you and me and not based on through research as no army will allow a foreign individual to research their armed forces.

I said it before in my comment that our boys can fight,that i do not dispute.Our boys have heart when it comes to fighting so there is no complain there.However when we talk about modern warfare we are behind.If you look at the standard gear that each NATO carries on himself your mouth will water in the military sense.If the Nigerian Government can arm our troops at least to the level of the Egyptians ,Algerian or South African ,no one will dare Fxk with us.We have the men and the will but we currently lack modern hardware.Do you remember the Bakassi ordeal?

What irks me more is that we can easily afford these hardware but our Government and military general stuff their pockets with our monies instead of providing modern equipment for boys.One only needs to look our pot bellied Military leaders to understand where the rot is.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2013
patriot4: Look, once again you are being too arrogant and you are yet to produce a link to prove your claims.As suggested by the global firepower ranking, Nigeria has more Equipment than Algeria.
If you don't want to be insulted in this forum then back whatever you say with a link.
You keep asking me to educate you, but I am not here for that.

Take a look at these pages and see how their ranking "contradicts" based on Military hardware and defense budget:

http://answersafrica.com/7-african-countries-with-highest-military-strength.html

http://african.howzit.msn.com/africa%E2%80%99s-7-strongest-military-forces#image=3

I really do not see how Ethopia is ranked ahead (except for history) of South Africa,Nigeria and Algeria considering that they are landlocked and do not have a Navy.They can easily be shelled from a submarine with cruise missiles.

From the rankings Algeria is equipped with more than a thousand tanks, 1800 armored fighting vehicles, over 400 air crafts, 136 helicopters, 3 submarines, 12 coastal crafts. They also have an annual defense budget of $8bn.

From the rankings Nigeria has 363 tanks and more than 1,400 armored vehicles. Nigeria has 294 air crafts and 84 helicopters than can hover her skies when they are called upon. Nigeria also has an annual defense budget of $2bn.

From the above how is Nigeria even ranked ahead of Algeria That is what i will like to understand.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2013
playmode:

Take a look at these pages and see how their ranking "contradicts" based on Military hardware and defense budget:

http://answersafrica.com/7-african-countries-with-highest-military-strength.html

http://african.howzit.msn.com/africa%E2%80%99s-7-strongest-military-forces#image=3

I really do not see how Ethopia is ranked ahead (except for history) of South Africa,Nigeria and Algeria considering that they are landlocked and do not have a Navy.They can easily be shelled from a submarine with cruise missiles.

From the rankings Algeria is equipped with more than a thousand tanks, 1800 armored fighting vehicles, over 400 air crafts, 136 helicopters, 3 submarines, 12 coastal crafts. They also have an annual defense budget of $8bn.

From the rankings has 363 tanks and more than 1,400 armored vehicles. Nigeria has 294 air crafts and 84 helicopters than can hover her skies when they are called upon. Nigeria also has an annual defense budget of $2bn.

From the above how is Nigeria even ranked ahead of Algeria That is what i will like to understand.
I guess it is not all about the number of tanks, there are other equipments to consider and there are other factors. By the way Israel had much less tanks than the combination of arab armies it defeated in 6 days.
The equipments giving Under the name of the countries is not exhaustive, it is just there to show that these countries have reason to be where they are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
patriot4: I guess it is not all about the number of tanks, there are other equipments to consider and there are other factors. By the way Israel had much less tanks than the combination of arab armies it defeated in 6 days.
The equipments giving Under the name of the countries is not exhaustive, it is just there to show that these countries have reason to be where they are.

That is very true even though i suspect that they got some covert help from you know who.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
playmode:

From the rankings Nigeria has 363 tanks and more than 1,400 armored vehicles. Nigeria has 294 air crafts and 84 helicopters than can hover her skies when they are called upon. Nigeria also has an annual defense budget of $2bn.

So when I disagree with I'm called ignoranttongue

Why the hell would someone come here and post blogs and forums as proof. Listen here there's only two to three blogs we here both SA and Naija's use as factual one of them is a nigerian site Beeagle and SA's defenceweb. If you want to be relevant here post links by Janes Weekly or SIPRI before you come and make foolish claims here.

You said the SAS sub was in dry dock as we speak for your info the SAS Modjadji was in a fender bender and within 10 days it was repaired and took part in Nato exercises yet you come here and talk nonsense. If you want us or should I say me to respectfully engage you on issues you want to raise here you have to go do upto date research before you post old nonsense that was addressed 50-100 pages ago.

The same nonsense you said about SANDF not having enough Gripen pilots this came from SA's DA "shadow minister" who was proven wrong by defenceweb and SAAF defence force website's (SAAF forum).

There a lot of indiscretions in your posts here especially the one on what militaries should procure to be considered credible, because things like carriers are for forward or external force projection and it depends entirely on what a country's militart budget and secondly the country's Foreign Policy is in protection of its strategic assets and mandates. Foreign Policy is the reason why large industrial countries like Germany who is a top hardware manufacturer and a big economic player don't have any nuclear weapons nor do they have aircraft carries even though they can easily build one anytime.

I suggest If you want to be part of this topic you must ready yourself for insults or else you're in the wrong thread and I would recommend THE SEXUALITY SECTION because if you can't provide valid proof and for a argument I will insult you whenever I feel like doing so.tonguetonguetongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
playmode:

That is very true even though i suspect that they got some covert help from you know who.
This issue about equipment has been played out by playmode. I think Ethiopia being African second strongest army has less weapons on the list of items you posted earlier yet below the Nigerians. I don't think it is all based on equipment all rather military hardware alone.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
playmode:

Actually, 130million Nigerians are active cell phone subscribers.. get ur facts right

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.