Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,371 members, 7,978,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:12 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4544368 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

i said you should prove it, simple, you stop telling lies if you have no proof, and stop wasting my time on augusta helicopters, if you have proof of waht you say about nigerian augusta helicopters, post it here and show us, dont just write your personal opinion that cannot be proved.

show evidence to prove to us that you andrewza has full details of nigerian military weapons information, not your own personal imagination from your bedroom.

you did not write any technical data or confirmed internet weblink information about augusta helicopters ten different versions the way i did, and you think other people reading your comments and my own will be foolish enough to believe you ?

The proof is in what u posted, if u can post us the naval version of what is currently in the NA inventory then we can trust and believe u are correct. We all know. There's different version's of the Augusta but the 109 u posted abt the NA don't have the configure ration spec.

U are a foolish
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 12:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

i said you should prove it, simple, you stop telling lies if you have no proof, and stop wasting my time on augusta helicopters, if you have proof of waht you say about nigerian augusta helicopters, post it here and show us, dont just write your personal opinion that cannot be proved.

show evidence to prove to us that you andrewza has full details of nigerian military weapons information, not your own personal imagination from your bedroom.

you did not write any technical data or confirmed internet weblink information about augusta helicopters ten different versions the way i did, and you think other people reading your comments and my own will be foolish enough to believe you ?

I did proof it, look at your 109s see any FLIR, radar, MAD, or any other search sytems on them. No they not a set up for it. Useing your logic I can say the gripen in Saaf are martime strike aircraft because they are in sweeden where they arm them with air launched anti ship missiels.

So please show me I am wrong show me a nigerian helicopter set up in a ASW role.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2013
nigerian military is NOT a cheap and careless photography and hollywood movie society like south african military.

you will never see any internet photo of nigerian military helicopters with any weapons fitted, so you can foolishly say that all nigerian Mi-35 hind attack helicopters have no weapons removed and kept in the armoury until it is needed. we nigerians dont to movies with our military weapons. nigeria has 20 augusta military helicopters and only 2 out of 20 have public photographs. you can travel to nigeria and see the remaining 18 helicopters if that is the only way your adult age can think.

i am not a mentally sick person to as the chief of naval staff of nigeria to open the armoury and fully set up one auguasta helicopter with ASW equipment just for me to photograph it and post on internet for two south africans to prove that nigeria has the weapons that we know that we have.

if that is the way south african brains think, then i thank God i am not a south african. so andrewza and snydergp continue your photography war the same way your south africa judged Cuba military weapons because they did not set up all their weapons in photographs to show you before you attacked them, and you thought you could defeat them but you failed to win that war. your poor military history cannot be erased from public record that the whole world is reading.

you will never know the full details of any other country's military weapons especially special customizations and variations, the generals and admirals and air marshals who command those countries military will never be silly enough to reveal everything they have to you a foreigner. simple common sense. stop watsing time here. people read your comments and judge your level of thinking.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

nigerian military is NOT a cheap and careless photography and hollywood movie society like south african military
, you over expose your weapons details and specifications to the whole world on internet, that is a stupid military blunder of south africa, all your enemies can plan effective operations against you because all your weapons details are available free on internet. you dont even have anything to hide just to try confuse your enemy and make it hard for him to predict you. nigerian military is much wiser than your own. how many Russian or Israeli military details of customized weapons do you ever see posted carelessly on internet ?

It not the SANDF who post the info but the companys who make the sytems. Do you know NATO countries are using those same sytems how do you think they advertise

You would be suprised how much both russia and isreal show of the gear.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust: nigerian military is NOT a cheap and careless photography and hollywood movie society like south african military.

you will never see any internet photo of nigerian military helicopters with any weapons fitted, so you can foolishly say that all nigerian Mi-35 hind attack helicopters have no weapons removed and kept in the armoury until it is needed. we nigerians dont to movies with our military weapons. nigeria has 20 augusta military helicopters and only 2 out of 20 have public photographs. you can travel to nigeria and see the remaining 18 helicopters if that is the only way your adult age can think.

i am not a mentally sick person to as the chief of naval staff of nigeria to open the armoury and fully set up one auguasta helicopter with ASW equipment just for me to photograph it and post on internet for two south africans to prove that nigeria has the weapons that we know that we have.

if that is the way south african brains think, then i thank God i am not a south african. so andrewza and snydergp continue your photography war the same way your south africa judged Cuba military weapons because they did not set up all their weapons in photographs to show you before you attacked them, and you thought you could defeat them but you failed to win that war. your poor military history cannot be erased from public record that the whole world is reading.

you will never know the full details of any other country's military weapons especially special customizations and variations, the generals and admirals and air marshals who command those countries military will never be stupid enough to reveal everything they have to you a foreigner. simple common sense. stop watsing time here. people read your comments and judge your level of thinking.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust: nigerian military is NOT a cheap and careless photography and hollywood movie society like south african military.

You really don't under stand do you. I am not talking about slaping your wepaons on for a photo op. SANDF has never showen there full potsional. There no pics of a SAAF lynx with it's wepaons mouted even though they get fitted for when they go on there anti-piracy ops. But all asw/mairtim patrol/or strike hellicopters have some sort of built in seach sytem again look at the lynx.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

wrong again south africans, not all nigerian war were with rebels. nigerian civil war was between two nigerian military sides, and both had the same british military training overseas and were serving together as soldiers and colleagues in the same nigerian armed forces before the war started.

total soldiers on both sides was almost half a million soldiers and that is africa's biggest war in history till today,
and that is why every country avoids a fight with nigeria because we can produce millions of soldiers in a few weeks of war, we fight army infantry war like china.

both nigerian sides had army with tanks and artillery, both had navy, and both had air force. the federal side just had more numbers of heavy weapons. there was combat air to air, air to land, land to sea, sea to land, and sea to sea. no south african can come here to tell me the history of nigeria where i was born and grew up to adult age.

the 500,000 soldier war nigeria fought from 1967-1970 remains africa's biggest war ever, and many types of best available heavy weapons of that time were used. that was when nigerian army artillery accuracy gained international respect, and that was when we used all our armed forces jointly in a world class war.

The eastern side had a small yet effective air force with commanders like Godwin Ezeilo, who had trained with the Royal Canadian Air Force. Aircraft included B-25 and B-26 Invader bombers (piloted by Polish pilot Jan Zumbach), a converted DC-3 and one Dove. In 1968 Swedish pilot Carl Gustaf von Rosen took over the air force bringing MFI-9Bs attack aircraft armed with six 68 mm anti-armour rockets. six aeroplanes were flown by 3 Swedish pilots and 3 nigerian pilots. 1969 American T-6G aircrafts, were added for combat aircraft mission flown by Portuguese ex-military pilots.

i dont want to waste my time writing about the great land battles of armour and artillery howitzers and multiple rocket launchers or the very large numbers of 3rd marine commandoes of nigerian army who finally defeated the eastern side military. just put the matter to rest and save our time.

nigerian military war experience did not start in ECOMOG, we had fought and won far bigger wars than liberia or mali, etc. so you south africans should not sing a song when you dont know its music.

What are u smoking, the biafran-civil-war the biggest war on the continent what the F*CK are u on. Crystal Meth or Heroin.

The largest ever war on african soil which involved South Africa, Angola, Cuba, Soviet Union, Unita and Swapo and that's a fact.

Did u also know South Africa invaded South-West-Africa(Namibia) in 1915 and was at war with German forces at defeated them in Namibia and since then Namibia became a COLONY of South Africa which was actually a precursor to the SA-bush-war with Angola and its Soviet Allies. Namibia only gained independence in 1990 from SA.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/south_african_border_war

You are one of the most dishonest people I've ever come across on this site, but I guess this is in the average Nigerian nationals make up and its part of ur genetic blueprint

Now can u just stop these lies
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

nigerian military is NOT a cheap and careless photography and hollywood movie society like south african military
, you over expose your weapons details and specifications to the whole world on internet, that is a stupid military blunder of south africa, all your enemies can plan effective operations against you because all your weapons details are available free on internet. you dont even have anything to hide just to try confuse your enemy and make it hard for him to predict you. nigerian military is much wiser than your own. how many Russian or Israeli military details of customized weapons do you ever see posted carelessly on internet ?

Ur wronge on that front because every single military from France, China, Russia, US, Uk,SA and even North Korea show the world what they have in there inventory.

The only think u try to hide here is the truth.

By the way did u know that SA had a considerable stockpile of Chemical and Biological weapons stockpile and still has some today for research and preventative measures, something that Nigeria can never achieve in a lifetime
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
snydergp: What are u smoking, the biafran-civil-war the biggest war on the continent what the F*CK are u on. Crystal Meth or Heroin.
The largest ever war on african soil which involved South Africa, Angola, Cuba, Soviet Union, Unita and Swapo and that's a fact.
Did u also know South Africa invaded South-West-Africa(Namibia) in 1915 and was at war with German forces at defeated them in Namibia and since then Namibia became a COLONY of South Africa which was actually a precursor to the SA-bush-war with Angola and its Soviet Allies. Namibia only gained independence in 1990 from SA.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/south_african_border_war

you are one of the most dishonest people I've ever come across on this site, but I guess this is in the average Nigerian nationals make up and its part of ur genetic blueprint. Now can u just stop these lies

Snydergp you idiot with half brain, size of war is not judged by how many countries were involved, it is how many soldiers engaged in battle that decides a big war. only about 10 countries fought world war II but over 10 million soldiers were involved and it becomes the biggest war in world history.

dont come here to teach nigerians the history of nigeria. you go and do your reseach on internet and stop telling lies about nigeria, spend your time and find correct google free information you lazy man.

No other African war engaged almost 500,000 soldiers and that is about Half a Million soldiers like the Nigerian B.iafran war of 1967-1970.

you are poor in research snydergp and your old age has weakened you brain. Cuba had the biggest army of only about 25,000 soldiers in your south african war, No soviet union soldiers in that war. so combine all the other few under-populated african countries that joined and you are far behind compared to nigerian civil war size. Lagos city alone is double the population of the whole Angola nation

snygergp needs brain surgery before he can do simple mathematics of numbers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

Snydergp you idiot with half brain, size of war is not judged by how many countries were involved, it is how many soldiers engaged in battle that decides a big war. only about 10 countries fought world war II but over 10 million soldiers were involved and it becomes the biggest war in world history.

dont come here to teach nigerians the history of nigeria. you go and do your reseach on internet and stop telling lies about nigeria, spend your time and find correct google free information you lazy man.

No other African war engaged almost 500,000 soldiers and that is about Half a Million soldiers like the Nigerian B.iafran war of 1967-1970.

you are poor in research snydergp and your old age has weakened you brain. Cuba had about 25,000 soldiers in your south african war, No soviet union soldiers in that war. so combine all the other few under-populated african countries that joined and you are far behind compared to nigerian civil war size. Lagos city alone is double the population of the whole Angola nation

In terms of the sizes of the battel the border war was larger.

There where a large number of Warsaw pact(including USSR) advicers and trainers in Angola but they never fought in the front lines and by rule the SA never targeted them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

no other african war engaged almost 500,000 soldiers, half a million soldiers like the nigerian b.iafran war of 1967-1970. you are poor in research snydergp and your old age has weakened you brain. cuba had about 25,000 soldiers in your south african war,no soviet union soldiers in that war. so combine all the other few under-populated african countries that joined and you are far behind compared to nigerian civil war size. lagos city alone is double the population of the whole angola nation

snygergp needs brain surgey befor he can do simple mathematics of numbers.

It seems u know nothing and have a distinct taste for selective writing and lies here. Will prove to u and others that ur the one with no brain here.

The largest and biggest air and land battle were fought in Angola. The cubans had 45000-50000 soldiers not 25000 as ur TINY BRAIN claimed.

"The Soviets sent military advisers and support contingencies to Angola to assist Cuban and MPLA in there fight against SADF. The Soviets also supported the Cubans and MPLA with latest arms and manpower amidst the political and social issues in Angola
http://www.sras.org/the_soviet_union_in_angola

That is detailed PHD THESIS on by an Russian Scholar on politics and foreign affairs on the former Soviet unions involvement on the Continent [b]I HOPE THIS WILL FINALLY STOP UR STUP*D MADE UP STORIES ABT SOVIET UNIONS IN ANGOLAangry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
i said do you have half a million soldiers in the cuba vs south african bush war ? did soviet union send a million military advisers to join cuba ? nigerian biafra war had 500,000 soldiers in combat. you dont know mathematics in south africa ? add all the countries soldiers together and they are less than 100,000 that fought your war.

nigerian war is more than 5 times that number and we have that historical record of the biggest war in africa, and the whole war zone covered the entire west to east of nigeria and part of the central north down into the atlantic ocean waters in the south with half a million soldiers in combat.

history of Africa says Nigeria military fought the biggest war in all African history on record with half a million soldiers in Biafran war 1967-1970.

that is one of the evidence that nigeria is the true giant of africa, and that is a serious warning to south africa if they try to fight us, millions of nigerian soldiers will fight south african soldiers from many different positions and you wont know whether to face us from east, west, or center.

please stop wasting my time south africans, i need to enjoy my weekend. goodbye my dear friends, chat you again another day. enjoy your weekend too.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust: i said do you have half a million soldiers in the cuba vs south african bush war ? did soviet union send a million military advisers to join cuba ? nigerian biafra war had 500,000 soldiers in combat. you dont know mathematics in south africa ? add all the countries soldiers together and they are less than 100,000 that fought your war.

nigerian war is more than 5 times that number and we have that historical record of the biggest war in africa, and the whole war zone covered the entire west to east of nigeria and part of the central north down into the atlantic ocean waters in the south with half a million soldiers in combat.

history of Africa says Nigeria military fought the biggest war in all African history on record with half a million soldiers in Biafran war 1967-1970.

that is one of the evidence that nigeria is the true giant of africa, and that is a serious warning to south africa if they try to fight us, millions of nigerian soldiers will fight south african soldiers from many different positions and you wont know whether to face us from east, west, or center.

please stop wasting my time south africans, i need to enjoy my weekend. goodbye my dear friends, chat you again another day. enjoy your weekend too.

Fool the biafran war was a civil war civil wars by definition always have greater numbers due to the issue of civilians taking up arms and choosing sides.

the largest conventional war on the continent remains the angolan-Sa border war
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
The Nigerian Navy has commissioned into service three OCEA and two Shaldag patrol boats during a ceremony at Western Naval Command Headquarters in Lagos.

The three OCEA FPB 72 Mk 2 vessels are 24 metre long coastal patrol craft with a top speed of more than 30 knots. The first commenced sea trials in March last year and all three were delivered in late September.

On September 4, 2012, Israel Shipyards announced that two new Shaldag Mk II Fast Patrol Craft were on their way to “an African customer for delivery to the local Navy.” This almost certainly was Nigeria.

During the commissioning ceremony on Monday, Minister of Finance Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said the vessels would be used to combat oil theft and other crime on Nigeria’s waterways. She is quoted by This Day as saying the government procured the boats because Nigeria relies heavily on resources from its maritime domain.

“I am personally delighted at what has been achieved [by the Nigerian Navy] and I urge them to continue to work hard so that we can see results,” Okonjo-Iweala said. “With the acquisition, it is to show that the president is totally behind the Armed Forces.”

The Minister of State for Defence, Dr Olusola Obada, was quoted by the Voice of Nigeria as saying the commissioning was another milestone in the Nigerian Navy’s history. “I am aware of the constraints militating against the Nigerian Navy's efforts to optimally discharge its statutory duties, especially in the security of the maritime domain. It is however gladdening to note that in spite of existing challenges, the Nigerian Navy has continued to do its best in safe-guarding the nation's maritime assets,” Obada stated.

The Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Dele Ezeoba said the Navy required at least 40 such patrol boats to effectively deal with maritime crime like sea robbery, piracy and oil theft. “Though the boats are small, they are fast. They are designed for security tasks such as interdiction, anti-smuggling, anti-illegal bunkering, sea robbery and piracy.”

Ezeoba noted that eleven officers and 48 ratings have been trained to man and maintain the boats.

The Shaldag design is in service with the Israeli Navy and other customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. It was developed and built by Israel Shipyards Ltd in the late 1980s but upgraded over the years based on combat experience. The type is powered by two diesel engines driving two water jets, which give an acceleration time to 40 knots of 40 seconds. The Shaldag Mk II has a length of 24.8 metres, a displacement of 58 tons and a range of 650 nautical miles.

Standard equipment on most Shaldag versions includes an X-band surveillance/navigation radar and electro-optical sensor system for day and night surveillance. A number of armament options are available, including fore and aft deck guns, and heavy machineguns on the fly bridge. The guns can be remotely controlled (such as the 23/25 mm Typhoon and 12.7/7.62 mm Mini-Typhoon) or manually operated weapons. In addition, a 20-23 mm naval gun can be mounted on the rear gun mount or four to eight short range missiles can be carried.

The Nigerian Navy received at least two Shaldag Mk IIs in June 2009. It is undergoing major expansion, with new boats being built locally and overseas. In October last year, China’s Wuchan Shipyard began construction of the first of two P18N offshore patrol vessels for the Nigerian Navy. These vessels are 95 metres long and are being built by China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Limited, the trade arm of China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC). They will be delivered in around three years’ time and will be partly built in Nigeria.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29434:nigerian-navy-commissions-shaldag-ocea-vessels&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

see info is there about your milltary.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

Nigeria has not yet reached that level. Majority of their hardware are procured from other countries and their specifications are freely available on the internet as well from the country of their origin. Once Nigeria starts to develop and manufacture their own weapons on a full scale, their specifications and features will be available as DICON will be starting to market their products to other countries as well. Nigerian Military has not yet achieved the status of being fully recognised as modern military as they are still dependent on technology developed by others. Beside their assault riffles majority of their weapons have been procured. Most European countries which manufacture arms and America are doing the same as SA is doing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust: i said do you have half a million soldiers in the cuba vs south african bush war ? did soviet union send a million military advisers to join cuba ? nigerian biafra war had 500,000 soldiers in combat. you dont know mathematics in south africa ? add all the countries soldiers together and they are less than 100,000 that fought your war.

Your so called biafran war is not as famous as the South African border war which included military and civil war in one. That war affected millions of people in SA, Namibia and Angola. Nigeria on its own had never fought in a country to country military war other than fighting rebels, involved in civil war or supporting other countries in war. They live a lie of claiming false victories. Victory is when you challenge another country other than rebels and overpower it convincingly by overthrowing their government.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2013
@msauza.sometimes i think south africans are liars by nature. Otherwise, how can you explain to me why you continue to tell lies even though we have proven to you that we are not fools in here.

Talking about political power and influence, we are still far more influencial than you, fact!
You speak of thabo mbeki? I laugh in your zu...whatever. C'mon, we all know of an OBJ. Even God in heaven is familiar with that name. The only mbeki success in africa is just south sudan. Let me inform you that Abdusalam Abubakar (nigeria's last military head of state)was part of the south sudan issue. Sorry to burst you buble that it wasnt solely an mbeki effort.

OBJs political influences so vast. This can be seen when he, unilaterally, put back in office a deposed legit govt in Sao tome. Becos of him, liberia is now stable as well as seria leone. He mediated in the DRC issue and the sudan presidents did their peace dialoge in Abuja.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
agaugust:

you are poor in research snydergp and your old age has weakened you brain. Cuba had the biggest army of only about 25,000 soldiers in your south african war, No soviet union soldiers in that war. so combine all the other few under-populated african countries that joined and you are far behind compared to nigerian civil war size. Lagos city alone is double the population of the whole Angola nation

Its you who needs a brain surgery. Why can't you be specific, Nigeria fought the biggest civil war in Africa and that cannot translate into a military war between two countries. SA border war so far is the only war recognised to have taken place in the soil of Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
gst101: @msauza.sometimes i think south africans are liars by nature. Otherwise, how can you explain to me why you continue to tell lies even though we have proven to you that we are not fools in here.

Talking about political power and influence, we are still far more influencial than you, fact!
You speak of thabo mbeki? I laugh in your zu...whatever. C'mon, we all know of an OBJ. Even God in heaven is familiar with that name. The only mbeki success in africa is just south sudan. Let me inform you that Abdusalam Abubakar (nigeria's last military head of state)was part of the south sudan issue. Sorry to burst you buble that it wasnt solely an mbeki effort.

OBJs political influences so vast. This can be seen when he, unilaterally, put back in office a deposed legit govt in Sao tome. Becos of him, liberia is now stable as well as seria leone. He mediated in the DRC issue and the sudan presidents did their peace dialoge in Abuja.

really you think you got influnace. Please tell me what drugs you on. We got a lot more global and regional influce.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
andrewza:

Better milltary, econmic and diplomatic ties.
wrong, americans are very tactical when it comes to military,ecomomic and diplomatic issues, you honestly espect the US to block oil supply to its own citizens? Even so, what of china and india? The ecowas? Blocking the sea route will only put SA On the enemy side, from a possible western or west african military intervention, we supply the bulk of oil this countries use, and any attempt to cut the oil routes will warrant serious military aggression. Wars are not won only with submarines, or automated rocket launchers, you allies, tacties, labour force, experience, knowlege of the enemy etc. In a possible war warranting blocking of nigerian oil routes, SA WILL DEFINITELY BEAR THE BRUNT. Thanks andrewza.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
Capnd143: wrong, americans are very tactical when it comes to military,ecomomic and diplomatic issues, you honestly espect the US to block oil supply to its own citizens? Even so, what of china and india? The ecowas? Blocking the sea route will only put SA On the enemy side, from a possible western or west african military intervention, we supply the bulk of oil this countries use, and any attempt to cut the oil routes will warrant serious military aggression. Wars are not won only with submarines, or automated rocket launchers, you allies, tacties, labour force, experience, knowlege of the enemy etc. In a possible war warranting blocking of nigerian oil routes, SA WILL DEFINITELY BEAR THE BRUNT. Thanks andrewza.

USA has larg reservs to fall on and china gets most of her fuel from Iran same has india thanks to the american sactions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
gst101: @msauza.sometimes i think south africans are liars by nature. Otherwise, how can you explain to me why you continue to tell lies even though we have proven to you that we are not fools in here.

Come on, everybody knows that Mbeki is a think tank in diplomacy and revered more than Obasanjo in that discipline.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
Msauza:

That will only happen when the current generation is dead and buried. It will take hundreds of years for that dream to be fully realised. Remember, SA companies in Naija account to over $50 billion of GDP and as such it will also benefit South Africa indirectly. There is a high possibility that this index can hike even further as SA companies start to show up in Nigerian market.
yea right! Ur analysis is almost true; i.e the fact that there are many SA companies here, but have you ever wandered if there is truely going to be a hike in future? NOooo . . . The current administration has been making progress in inviting other foreign companies especially of chinese,japanese,indonesian and british origin to the country, which wil create a virtual competition between the SA Companies and the asian and european giants! For instance mtn is facing a strong hatred by nigerians from recent survey from Nigerian bereau of statistics, which projects a possible future decline in customers, also brtish communication company UK TELECOM, have stated plans to operate in the country with call and data charges of over 65% lower than others, projecting a future hike in their user base if established . . . More and more companies are currently targeting nigeria economy because of its huge ecomomic potential, mainly due to our balloning population. Thanks Mr.MSAUZA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2013
Msauza:

Come on, everybody knows that Mbeki is a think tank in diplomacy and revered more than Obasanjo in that discipline.
dude, you just failed... Mheen you failed..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
Capnd143: yea right! Ur analysis is almost true; i.e the fact that there are many SA companies here, but have you ever wandered if there is truely going to be a hike in future? NOooo . . . The current administration has been making progress in inviting other foreign companies especially of chinese,japanese,indonesian and british origin to the country, which wil create a virtual competition between the SA Companies and the asian and european giants! For instance mtn is facing a strong hatred by nigerians from recent survey from Nigerian bereau of statistics, which projects a possible future decline in customers, also brtish communication company UK TELECOM, have stated plans to operate in the country with call and data charges of over 65% lower than others, projecting a future hike in their user base if established . . . More and more companies are currently targeting nigeria economy because of its huge ecomomic potential, mainly due to our balloning population. Thanks Mr.MSAUZA

The truth is this exercise will cripple the economy of Nigeria. Nigeria should start to learn to promote local companies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2013
Msauza:

The truth is this exercise will cripple the economy of Nigeria. Nigeria should start to learn to promote local companies.
no. It wont! There however several indigenous or local companies operating and also about to operate here, i was only using the foreign companies to illustrate a greater propability of a possible drastic decline in revenue generated by nigerian based South African companies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 17, 2013
can the blovkade happen in the first place
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2013
@msauza, reverd more than which OBJ? I guess it is not the OBJ who is also God's ally. C'mon. You use south sudan to show mbeki's political influence but i have shown you more than one situation OBJ flexed his divine muscles. Just accept it. That OBJ is even more influencial than koffii anan.

As for chaka de zulu, we do not have any chaka culture in our nollywood. Why should we, when we have all kinds of culture in nigeria much more tha you have in SA. Name them. Is the most suphisticated and more developed ones or the primitive ones you are looking for? We have them in abondance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
dude, you just failed... Mheen you failed..
dont mind the guy. I know truth is bitter. But thats not an excuse to reject it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Capnd143: no. It wont! There however several indigenous or local companies operating and also about to operate here, i was only using the foreign companies to illustrate a greater propability of a possible drastic decline in revenue generated by nigerian based South African companies.

This is really confusing because your minister of trade visited SA in November last year with a sole purpose of asking SA companies to invest in Nigeria as other developed nation do not have any interest of investing in Nigerian market. The reason is because of terrorists attacks that had been going on in Nigeria that scares away investors and the only country that seem to brave itself is SA. Majority of Nigerian companies are too small to meet the demand and the problem is many businessmen believe in sole trading and not in partnership or companies. It seems as if there is a lot of trust issue concerning business in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
souldust: @msauza, reverd more than which OBJ? I guess it is not the OBJ who is also God's ally. C'mon. You use south sudan to show mbeki's political influence but i have shown you more than one situation OBJ flexed his divine muscles. Just accept it. That OBJ is even more influencial than koffii anan.

As for chaka de zulu, we do not have any chaka culture in our nollywood. Why should we, when we have all kinds of culture in nigeria much more tha you have in SA. Name them. Is the most suphisticated and more developed ones or the primitive ones you are looking for? We have them in abondance.

Your reasoning capacity is too low. You don't convince me a little because you are just stating your opinion. State facts, South Sudan has Mbeki's name written all over it. Negotiating for peace is something else, Mbeki has done that millions a times, in DRC, Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, etc, but negotiation for establishment of a new state is a cherry on top bra. Do not worry I know that there is great tension between South and North region of Nigeria and soon we'll deploy Mbeki to negotiate for the establishment of South Nigeria as an independent state. Do you require his handwork?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.