Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,749 members, 7,952,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4523703 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: he does know the meal and he knows the dresses otherwise he wouldnt have said it in his previous posts that "people will laugh at him should he wear those funy dresses"

Ask your fellow Nigerians who reside in SA. They wear like us and leave all those apadas back home. In SA you will look funny if you are seen in public wearing those Nigerian attire.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 18, 2013
Msauza:

Ask your fellow Nigerians who reside in SA. They wear like us and leave all those apadas back home. In SA you will look funny if you are seen in public wearing those Nigerian attire.
total bulls#it, I've been to your country, young man... I've seen south Africans wear our native attires on Sundays to church... what tha hell is your point? I even know some Nigerian tailors making doe down therelipsrsealed lipsrsealed but not agbada
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 18, 2013
andrewza:

Only in nambia but you can use it in some of other southern african countries.
Namibia is in the southern region..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2013
sheyie2007:
total bulls#it, I've been to your country, young man... I've seen south Africans wear our native attires on Sundays to church... what tha hell is your point? I even know some Nigerian tailors making doe down therelipsrsealed lipsrsealed but not agbada

You lie, South Africans are more into fashion than traditional wear. Speaking of young men wearing Nigerian attire is just a claim and unfounded. I am a South African, living in Jozi and dont come and tell me lies about my country and its people. We are fascinated by expensive designer labels, swagg bra. The likes of Aigner, Abiter, cavellas, KG, Lacoste, DMD, Polos, Louis Veitton, Murratti, Dolce and Gabana, Versage, Emporio Armani, etc is what we wear not some nameless nonsense that will make us look like chameleons and Christmas trees. Worst of it all no women will even want to date you to cinemas or restaurants as the whole world will be laughing after you. Ask your brothers who reside in South Africa, if they are honest they will advice you that the moment you touch SA you must forget about all those apadas. Don't worry you have not yet been exposed to that and since our clothing stores now make their way to Nigeria in numbers you will soon be introduced to some of this labels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:02am On Feb 18, 2013
sheyie2007:
Namibia is in the southern region..

I know I was just saying it not in every country down south. Maybe we should start a a unfied SADC currency.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: @ SAs, who told you nigeria isnt a developed democracy? What is the def of democracy? In it, you will find govt of the people. We have had election results cancelled in nigeria and incumbents replaced. We have had incumbents loose in an open election. All of that signify a good democracy.

The fact that we criticize our govt shows we have freedom of expression and no one is afraid to air out his own view. Thats democracy for you.

You cannot say the same for an SA where an incumbent will have problems with jacob zuma and the next thing is he gets sacked from his office. This means that jacob zuma is like a demi god in SA. You cant tell me that is democracy, can you?

What utter nonsense can u tell me who got sacked, because if u wanna refer to Mbeki my friend he was voted out of office in an ANC leadership election so he had to resign/step down 1year before he's term ended not sacked, u should get ur facts straight before u comment and post nonsense u IDIOT
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: also we do not cdo 'corrective' rape of lesbians.

That because ur laws are so backward that they don't even allow gays and lesbians to live freely and marry whoever they so chooses. Some of ur laws are still 1970's anti freedom of expression legislation.

Nigeria will never have a open Gay/Lesbian parade marching in its cities Lagos or Abuja and that's a Fact.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 11:37am On Feb 18, 2013
Msauza:

There is no African country that has no level of illiteracy. It is mostly this group that become victims of this evil foreign traditional practitioners in SA. Without being xenophobic, our new democratic dispensation has brought us many problems through the influx of many foreigners in our neighbourhood. Before ANC came into power our nation was a healthy nation in Africa, free from Ebola, sickle cell disease, Herpetitus B, Drugs and HIV, because our borders were protected day and night. HIV was something very foreign and could only be heard about over radios and televisions as something foreign. Ever since then we have seen the influx of foreign pastors and traditional doctors of African origin, majority of whom are Nigerians claiming to cure AIDS, promoting ritual killings and molesting of babies. This is why many South Africans think that Apartheid SA was much better than democratic South Africa as they were free from many sicknesses.
why dont you stop this cowardice and be thankful to pst chris.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: why dont you stop this cowardice and be thankful to pst chris.

That is the truth my friend. Our nation was all fine until all nations of the world particularly Africa came to flock here and contaminate contaminate us and thereafter go and write on various social networks to tell the whole world of how sick are we. By the way what is pst Chris?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: some body asked why we emigrate if our country is good as we claim.

Well there are three reasons for it. I am not going to tell lies just to win arguements. This is becos, unlike you, we know the benefits of being honest. We intrinsicly know it.

The first reason is that people find better opportunity

the second one is regretable. Yes i say that becos we are honest people. Unlike you, we wash our dirty linien outside and thats why in 13 years of democracy, we have achieved so much i cannot begin to name.

That second reason is ignorance. Some people believe every thing abroad is better than back home. So you find them in countries where things are far worse than it is back home. Instead of doing research about the country they want to go so as to know the political, economic and social climate to know if they can fit into that society, they just pick up their belongings and go. These are the people who become victims of racism in on european streets.

Victims of what because u'll only be stigmatized and labeled if the majority of ur immigrants don't comment crimes wherever they are.

I can with confidence and with verifiable facts say that there are more nigerian nationals in jails the world over due to there criminal ways more then any other african nation. Just come to SA and see how many are in jail for kidnappings, drug peddling, prostitution and even worse the trafficking of underage girls from SA and other African countries.

I still say if ur nation were so great why are there more then 500000 of ur people in SA and why are 10% of these migrants involved in unlawful activities.

Another question is it when this 10% who do these crimes are caught and jailed the rest of ur people claim SA police are targeting and are victims of racial hatred including xenophobia yet in even Indonesia over 18 of ur countryman are facing Death row as we speak.

So please stop ur labeling of countries because ur people aren't angels where they immigrate. I can post many things abt ur countryman's conduct which actually gives the majority of ur good people a bad name.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: my dear, thats what i am saying. Why should the internal problem of a party becom national issue? It goes to show you are a one party stat! Such a thing cannot happen in nigeria. One party has a problem and it becomes a national issue So that your prssident is sacked by a more powerful man? And you call that democracy? And you want to compare your democracy with ours where the powerful OBJ couldnt have his way with his third term agenda.

U argue like a child(maybe u are onetongue).

So tell me if a party is in goverment does such issues not affect the state and its functioning and does such issues not attract media attention.

It really amazes me that u say SA is a 1 party state yet u don't know that we have opposition parties governing certain provinces like Cape Town which is led and governed by the DA which by the is SA's second biggest political party. Shame so much for ur theory.

Pleasse read and research before u talk sh*t and expose ur ignorancetongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
snydergp:
That because ur laws are so backward that they don't even allow gays and lesbians to live freely and marry whoever they so chooses. Some of ur laws are still 1970's anti freedom of expression legislation.

Nigeria will never have a open Gay/Lesbian parade marching in its cities Lagos or Abuja and that's a Fact.
no our laws are not backward. They are just not stupid.

Isnt it interesting that a country that claims to protect gay people is the one whose citizens do 'corrective' rape? And the country that is seen as anti gay isnt doing this shameless thing they call corrective rape
who told you gay people were not free in nigeria. If you see antogonism in nigeria toward gay people, it is becos of david cameron who thinks the british empire still exists and that he can exert a virtual authority over anyone.

Before he came up with that blunder speech in perth, gay people were going about their normal activities only that they were not allowed to get married
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Msauza:

You lie, South Africanscans more into fashion than traditional wear. Speaking of young men wearing Nigerian attire is just a claim and unfounded. I am a South African, living in Jozi and dont come and tell me lies about my country and its people. We are fascinated by expensive designer labels, swagg bra. The likes of Aigner, Abiter, cavellas, KG, Lacoste, DMD, Polos, Louis Veitton, Murratti, Dolce and Gabana, Versage, Emporio Armani, etc is what we wear not some nameless nonsense that will make us look like chameleons and Christmas trees. Worst of it all no women will even want to date you to cinemas or restaurants as the whole world will be laughing after you. Ask your brothers who reside in South Africa, if they are honest they will advice you that the moment you touch SA you must forget about all those apadas. Don't worry you have not yet been exposed to that and since our clothing stores now make their way to Nigeria in numbers you will soon be introduced to some of this labels.
LOL..lie? I'll never take any of your response serious cuz you've not been to Nigeria.. and I'm exposed that you are in all measures...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
snydergp:

Victims of what because u'll only be stigmatized and labeled if the majority of ur immigrants don't comment crimes wherever they are.

I can with confidence and with verifiable facts say that there are more nigerian nationals in jails the world over due to there criminal ways more then any other african nation. Just come to SA and see how many are in jail for kidnappings, drug peddling, prostitution and even worse the trafficking of underage girls from SA and other African countries.

I still say if ur nation were so great why are there more then 500000 of ur people in SA and why are 10% of these migrants involved in unlawful activities.

Another question is it when this 10% who do these crimes are caught and jailed the rest of ur people claim SA police are targeting and are victims of racial hatred including xenophobia yet in even Indonesia over 18 of ur countryman are facing Death row as we speak.

So please stop ur labeling of countries because ur people aren't angels where they immigrate. I can post many things abt ur countryman's conduct which actually gives the majority of ur good people a bad name.

So just imagine me wearing Nigerian attire, so to be mistaken as a Nigerian drug lord. Being Nigerian is not the symbol of pride across the world. In airports everywhere, especially in Europe and America you will be labelled or suspected as terrorist linked to Boko Haram or Al-Qaeda network and be indecently searched all over the place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: stop trying to justify what cannot be justified. Every attemt you make is unsuccessful. Dont you have an independent constitution like we have in nigeria? Any country whose constitution is respectful of the ruling party cannot be said to be more developed than ours. We are a more developed democracy, fact!

Did u know the SA constitution contains more rights then the US constitution and that next to Sweden constitution it is rated by the UN as the best in the world.

A recent report said and I quote " the SA constitution is the most admirable constitution in the history of the world
http://academic.udayton.edu/race/06hrights/georegions/africa/safrica03.htm

Now read through that report and than compare that to Nigeria before u comment with that small brain of yours.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Msauza:

So just imagine me wearing Nigerian attire, so to be mistaken as a Nigerian drug lord. Being Nigerian is not the symbol of pride across the world. In airports everywhere, especially in Europe and America you will be labelled or suspected as terrorist linked to Boko Haram or Al-Qaeda network and be indecently searched all over the place.

gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
sheyie2007:
LOL..lie? I'll never take any of your response serious cuz you've not been to Nigeria.. and I'm exposed that you are in all measures...

Hello, I live in a developed city better than any city in Nigeria. I am surrounded by people of different cultures, the so called rainbow nation every time I step out of the door. I don't fly to Europe or America if I want to see white people, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Greek, Jew, German, Portuguese, American they are just there on my neighbourhood. I don't see black everywhere I go and that suffice to make me more privileged and exposed than you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Msauza:

Hello, I live in a developed city better than any city in Nigeria. I am surrounded by people of different cultures, the so called rainbow nation every time I step out of the door. I don't fly to Europe or America if I want to see white people, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Greek, Jew, German, Portuguese, American they are just there on my neighbourhood. I don't see black everywhere I go and that suffice to make me more privileged and exposed than you.
well thats your problem/opinion, your comments on this platform so far speaks otherwise..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: mbeki mentored OBJ? I just cant laugh. Is it the same mbeki we house here all through you strugle to be seen as humans? My dear go and sleep. I can see you are a "born free" no wonder you dont even know your history.

But there is hope son. I am ready to encourage you to do some study since there is no one to encourage SAs to read.

What the f*ck are u on abt where the hell did u get the notion that Nigeria played any part in the schooling in mentoring of Thabo Mbeki or even providing housing or funding for that matter. Is this what you've been told in and educated on in ur history classes in nigerian schools and universities.

It seems u Nigerians have a distinct nag for LIES on issues and distorting FACTS when u can't win a argument or even that u are really just plain NAÏVE.

Now here is the history of THABO MBEKI's life where he got his education. Zambia and Russia(former USSR) and England played the biggest part in Thabo Mbeki's schooling and where is where he spent most of his life before the end of apartheid.

MBEKI never sat foot on Nigerian or West-African Soil from his birth in 1942 untill the official end of apartheid in 1994. Here is the history of him on this site
http://www.sahistory.org.co.za/topic/thabo-mkebi-timeline-1942

Stop talking sh*t and know ur history before u comment u ignorant F*CK
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
gst101:

look at this guy lecturing me on se.x. Well dont worry i already know you in SA are highly promiscuous hence your high HIV rate. But pls no spoil me ooo. I still be virgin.

Dont talk like zuma was trying to advice you on cleanliness. Dont pretend you dont know the flaw in his statement. "take a nice shower after se.x THAT YOU MIGHT BE CURED OF HIV". I can see you are already ashamed of your commander in chief so no need for further bashing incase you go commit suicide.

Look who's talking the country with the second highest HIV infections on the continent and the 4th largest in the world wanna claim here that u are not affected yet ur stats and UN report says that u don't even have accurate stats on the epidemic.

By the way just a thought did u know that on average a SA citizen life expectancy is 10years higher then Nigeria's, so if u wanna compare our disease burdens please stop because u will loose that argument period.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: thats where the difference between Nigerians and SAs is. That you dont care if you elite are cheating you, if they areshitting in your head and robbing in broad day light.

We here in 9ja dont take that from our leaders. And that you can confirm here on NL. At the begining of last year, our CBN gov, finance and petroleum ministers were forced by the masses to show up in a town hall meeting where they had to literally beg us to listen to them on the removal of the fuel subsidy. These are people who in the past will take dicisions unilaterally and say to hell with every one else.

But becos we refused to take shiit from them, one of our four mega refinaries is working 100percent. This is a promise they made at that meeting. The FG is unpresidentedly keeping its promises. Benefit of talking!

What four mega oil refinery Nigeria four refineries are not operational even as we speak stop the lies now do u want me to post links here.

Nigeria is a net importer of petroleum products eventhough its a major producer these stats and facts are all over the net even on ur official goverment sites.

And please I would like to discuss our nations current oil refining capacity, because if ur country has 3times SA's population and produces oil it cannot even compare to SA who's oil refining capacity is the second highest on the continent only Algeria beats us there and they are the 3rd Largest oil producer on the continent. Does this not show the incompetence of the FG to date.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: how have you been able to export your culture out of your borders with those movies?

As for the traditional nigerian dress and food, your msauza mentioned Agbada some where in previous pages. He also know of fufu and egwusi as well as pounded yam.

I am sure he eats it, you can go to his house if you want to know it. And pls be careful so that he doest "kill the boer" lol

When it comes to food and agricultural exports don't even try to compare us with each other because if u go to all EU states today u will find SA wine and beverages even the world over, we are still the only net food exporter on the continent even if we have semi desert climatic conditions the most parts of SA.

By the way the second biggest wine and beverage company in the world is a Proudly South African Company named SAB-Miller which means that the hole world drinks SA made beer and wines.

U need to educate urself
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
sheyie2007:
LOL. we all studied government and history in high school.. I bet you didn't, it's not even included in the SA academic curriculum..

Ok is that the history books that told u thabo mbeki received military and university education in Nigeria when SA's own historical archives and Mbeki's own Biography stated the contrary.

And who told u that our struggle history isn't even included in our schools curriculum, u know nothing so stop talking sh*t.

U people truly have a distinct ability to twist and change stories to fit ur primitive inferiority complex syndromes and false agendas
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
gst101: no our laws are not backward. They are just not stupid.

Isnt it interesting that a country that claims to protect gay people is the one whose citizens do 'corrective' rape? And the country that is seen as anti gay isnt doing this shameless thing they call corrective rape
who told you gay people were not free in nigeria. If you see antogonism in nigeria toward gay people, it is becos of david cameron who thinks the british empire still exists and that he can exert a virtual authority over anyone.

Before he came up with that blunder speech in perth, gay people were going about their normal activities only that they were not allowed to get married

Democracy is an egalitarian system in which everyone is entitled to practice their rights freely without anyone including the government encroaching upon their rights. In Nigeria women are still impeded to exercise their full rights as compared to their male counterparts who are regarded as superior in decision making. Same sex marriages is still a controversial issue in Nigeria where those who are strongly defending tradition stand opposed to it. Stoning to death is still a widespread practice and remedial action against promiscuous women in Northern Part of Nigeria majority of whom have not successfully accepted democracy and instead are calling for Sharia law to take over the whole of Nigeria. The most important factor in democracy is when is fully and not partially accepted by those in which it applies. Democracy has been implemented in Nigeria, but about 50% of citizens do not believe in absolute freedom of person, rather believe that a person should be controlled with rules and principles that support religions and traditions.

Democracy does not support any religion and traditions, it anchors methods of freedom of person and limits such freedom through whenever it extents to trampling upon rights of other individuals. Same sex marriages does not encroach upon anybody's right, thus the reason why it has been legalised in modern democracies. Legalisation of abortions as well does not encroach upon anybody's right.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
sheyie2007:
distinctive feature: it contains a lengthy list of socio-economic rights, (which the drafters hoped would protect and assist those disadvantaged by Apartheid and those who are poor and vulnerable) thats why its better than the United states constitution, however its not matured.. thats what puts Nigeria constitution above it.. go figure.

U call ur constitution matured yet ur FG elite fail to respect rulings by ur courts.

Nigeria's current constitution was enacted on 29 May 1999, on inaugurating the Nigerian Fourth Republic
http://en.m.wikipedia/wiki/constitution_of_nigeria

Compare that to RSA's constitution which was enacted in 1993
http://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/constitution_of_the_republic_of_south_africa_1993

So please don't talk sh*t about constitutional maturity because its a known fact which of our constitutions are better and more matured, and please a constitution is dynamic it change as societies develops.

To talk abt woman in Nigeria and there representivity in both Goverment and private sector's u can't even compare SA to Nigeria please go and google this or do u want me to embarrass u again with facts not lies like u and ur countryman continuesly do with backing there bullsh*t talk up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
sheyie2007:
Rand is legal tender in southern African countries.

That's correct but is the Naija legal tender in West Africa, NO NO NO because the FRANC is more influential in West Africa then ur currency so u can't even compare us and our currencies. FACT
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
Msauza:

Democracy is an egalitarian system in which everyone is entitled to practice their rights freely without anyone including the government encroaching upon their rights. In Nigeria women are still impeded to exercise their full rights as compared to their male counterparts who are regarded as superior in decision making. Same sex marriages is still a controversial issue in Nigeria where those who are strongly defending tradition stand opposed to it. Stoning to death is still a widespread practice and remedial action against promiscuous women in Northern Part of Nigeria majority of whom have not successfully accepted democracy and instead are calling for Sharia law to take over the whole of Nigeria. The most important factor in democracy is when is fully and not partially accepted by those in which it applies. Democracy has been implemented in Nigeria, but about [50%-27%] of citizens do not believe in absolute freedom of person, rather believe that a person should be controlled with rules and principles that support religions and traditions.

Democracy does not support any religion and traditions, it anchors methods of freedom of person and limits such freedom through whenever it extents to trampling upon rights of other individuals. Same sex marriages does not encroach upon anybody's right, thus the reason why it has been legalised in modern democracies. Legalisation of abortions as well does not encroach upon anybody's right.
[b]i refused to comment Msauza because of the respect, i have 4 you, but your comments above compelled me to! Ok . .lets go on a close analysis. NIgeria has practised democracy for only 13years, mainly due to military rule, with it gargantuos muslim population, it still strives to maintain democracy,notwithstanding widespread oppositions from "acclaimed" religion of peace codenamed "islam". Now which islamic country in the whole world, can say such of their govt modus operandus,just mention 1.

When almost most of the muslim population kick against democracy which entails egalitarianism that directly opposes the islamic belief of male superiority, do you honestly think there would have been an iorta of democratic tendencies? No. But yet stil nigerian govt are still democratic; freedom of the press, of speech, of religion, of association etc.

Even some "islamic miscreant" go to our dear president fb page and insult him, yet no military actions are taken because of freedom of speech, take for e.g recently when a Newyorker called obama a nigga on twitter, she was relieved of her duties and detained, this happen in a country that has practise democracy for who know? Maybe up to a 5-10 decades.

Nigerians staged protest without being clamned down on with force, can you say this of other muslim populated countries like libya,tunisia,yemen,egypt, in short the entire middle east and north african states? . My guess: No.

Preaching the gospel in countries like iran is a taboo and is sometimes punishable by death, which is in direct voilation of fundamental human rights, well a glance at nigerians spiritual nature will tell the tell, as even in the islamic core north, there are thousands of churches, and other religious set ups, notwithstanding the prevailing state established sharia laws.

There are many and many more, i cant just mention, please you are at freedom to express your self with validated truth dear Msauza. Thank you.[/b]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
snydergp:

When it comes to food and agricultural exports don't even try to compare us with each other because if u go to all EU states today u will find SA wine and beverages even the world over, we are still the only net food exporter on the continent even if we have semi desert climatic conditions the most parts of SA.

By the way the second biggest wine and beverage company in the world is a Proudly South African Company named SAB-Miller which means that the hole world drinks SA made beer and wines.

Ah ! no wonder south Africans do a lot of nonsense talk and behavior, snydergp just informed us now that south Africa is a nation drunk with excess alcohol.

So your footballers are always drunk with alcohol and they lose the African nations cup playing at home in front of your south African president when a war damaged Mali was able to put south African football team inside the dustbin garbage. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
agaugust:

Ah ! no wonder south Africans do a lot of nonsense talk and behavior, snydergp just informed us now that south Africa is a nation drunk with excess alcohol.

So your footballers are always drunk with alcohol and they lose the African nations cup playing at home in front of your south African president when a war damaged Mali was able to put south African football team inside the dustbin garbage. grin

though we do drink a lot that not the point. We all so a large exporter and many of our products are found in over seas markets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Capnd143: [b]i refused to comment Msauza because of the respect, i have 4 you, but your comments above compelled me to! Ok . .lets go on a close analysis. NIgeria has practised democracy for only 13years, mainly due to military rule, with it gargantuos muslim population, it still strives to maintain democracy,notwithstanding widespread oppositions from "acclaimed" religion of peace codenamed "islam". Now which islamic country in the whole world, can say such of their govt modus operandus,just mention 1.

When almost most of the muslim population kick against democracy which entails egalitarianism that directly opposes the islamic belief of male superiority, do you honestly think there would have been an iorta of democratic tendencies? No. But yet stil nigerian govt are still democratic; freedom of the press, of speech, of religion, of association etc.

Even some "islamic miscreant" go to our dear president fb page and insult him, yet no military actions are taken because of freedom of speech, take for e.g recently when a Newyorker called obama a nigga on twitter, she was relieved of her duties and detained, this happen in a country that has practise democracy for who know? Maybe up to a 5-10 decades.

Nigerians staged protest without being clamned down on with force, can you say this of other muslim populated countries like libya,tunisia,yemen,egypt, in short the entire middle east and north african states? . My guess: No.

Preaching the gospel in countries like iran is a taboo and is sometimes punishable by death, which is in direct voilation of fundamental human rights, well a glance at nigerians spiritual nature will tell the tell, as even in the islamic core north, there are thousands of churches, and other religious set ups, notwithstanding the prevailing state established sharia laws.

There are many and many more, i cant just mention, please you are at freedom to express your self with validated truth dear Msauza. Thank you.[/b]

Now I must agree on some of ur points but the one of iran in bold I must disagree with u on that front because iran is but one of a muslim nations including Egypt and Tunisia which respects minority christian rights. Woman in Iran have more rights then in the US puttet state Saudi Arabia they can drive cars which is forbidden in most muslim states.

Now on the other hand in SA Islam is the second biggest religion yet our muslim population is not as radical as Nigeria's can u answer me that is it because of the fact that infrastructure and other developments are mostly concentrated in the South where the majority christians live. One of reasons for radical islamist foothold in many parts of the world can also be attributed to the lack of social integration and religious intolerance on both sides Christians and Muslims alike.
The fundamental problems in some of ur institutions are directly responsible for ur religious issues. There are even allot of religious hatred on this very website also and until funndamental constitutional issues is adressed like civil society, policing, socio-economic integration and proper intelligence gathering, these north-south issues will plague u for some time
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
agaugust:

Wow!!! This is very rich coming from a man who's nation only rely on one sport soccer, a country which cannot even attain 2 gold medals in the last olympics, they boast to be the giants of africa but lonesome Zimbabwe, Kenya, Ethiopia and South Africa who's population are 2-3 times smaller out classes Nigeria on every front.

So tell do u precious Nigeria have the infrastructure and organizational expertise to host the Olympic games within one year from now like we did with the CAF nations cup. I can with confidence state here that SA can even our third largest city Durban can do this because everything is already in place, so please farewell to the so called Giants of nothing but soccertongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
football or soccer is the greatest sport in the whole world, and nigeira is always doing great in the most important things on earth, that is why we are more in the world news than south africa .

nigeria fights bigger wars too like mali and liberia, but south africa likes easy and low level stuff like military action in central african republic where the world news has no interest. nigeria is always going for great things, south africa settles for lesser things .

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.