Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,746 members, 7,952,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:19 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4523702 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
agaugust: football or soccer is the greatest sport in the whole world, and nigeira is always doing great in the most important things on earth, that is why we are more in the world news than south africa . nigeria fights bigger wars too like mali and liberia, but south africa likes easy and low level stuff like military action in central african republic where the world new has no interest. nigeria is always going for great things, south africa settles for lesser things .

I prefer sports for real men aka rugby
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
rugby causes deadly brain damage, new medical problems in america now, people now see rugby as a killer. google it, its now a big cause of future brain damage. avoid it if you can.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
agaugust: football or soccer is the greatest sport in the whole world, and nigeira is always doing great in the most important things on earth, that is why we are more in the world news than south africa . nigeria fights bigger wars too like mali and liberia, but south africa likes easy and low level stuff like military action in central african republic where the world new has no interest. nigeria is always going for great things, south africa settles for lesser things .

Liberia was never clasified as a country vs country all out war same as in Mali, stop ur bullsh*t.

Even today ur army haven't contributed and deployed ur full compliment of I'll equipped I'll disciplined so called fighting force that can't even stop piracy in its territorial waters but wanna claim the high ground without even shooting one bullet in Mali since ur 600 soldiers were deployed.

Must I post reports on ur country's armies problems in Mali and the over stretching of an already demoralized soldiers who don't even have the basics like food and adequate ammunition, maybe that's why ur soldiers are still behind barracks and not fully deployed on the frontline.

Here is a link and credible report on how unprofessional ur FG and its NA Giants of Talk To Much Bullsh*t has embarrassed africa. This just shows how crap ur military is in deployment and logistics yet a Foolish expat like u wanna keep on spitting bullsh*t and claims that a nation which haven't even engaged any conventional war within a foreign country with air-land-sea power in there lifetime
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/118844-nigeria-falters-in-troops-deployment-to-mali-as-food-shortages-poor-logistics-hamper-operation.html

Now compare that to SANDF's deployment of 400 soldiers within 2 days in CAR which is over 4000km away, and which as actually prevented the attack on capital and forced rebbels to negotiate a settlement something which also irritated the french defense forces also stationed in CARtongue
http://ewn.mobi/news/local/sandf-deploys-troops-to-central-african-republic/20025
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
agaugust: football or soccer is the greatest sport in the whole world, and nigeira is always doing great in the most important things on earth, that is why we are more in the world news than south africa .

nigeria fights bigger wars too like mali and liberia, but south africa likes easy and low level stuff like military action in central african republic where the world news has no interest. nigeria is always going for great things, south africa settles for lesser things .

So can u please tell me in which region does Mali falls under.

Can u also tell me why there are AU resolutions which says that regional problems should be addressed by countries which has a vested interest in the region.

U are really jst a stup*d boy who don't even have a clue abt AU diplomatic and regional issues. Maybe this is why the majority of african nations chose SA to head the AU including being the host of the AU Parliament something which Nigeria and its politicians fought hard against and lost dearly.

Now tell me who has more influence on african politics SA or Nigeria when SA already controls both AU Parliament who's headquarters are in Midrant SA and the has own its leader as the head of the AU in Ethiopia.

I know the truth hurts and u we SA people love it when u envy and hate us.tonguetonguetongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
agaugust: rugby causes deadly brain damage, new medical problems in america now, people now see rugby as a killer. google it, its now a big cause of future brain damage. avoid it if you can.

So people don't die on soccer fields.

I played rugby untill I finished school, and never had any serious injuries, because we trained correctly. The reason why its a problem for ur sissy americans is because there grass root developmental structures for rugby aren't on par with South Africa, New Zealand, australia, France an UK and that a fact
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
Capnd143: [b]i refused to comment Msauza because of the respect, i have 4 you, but your comments above compelled me to! Ok . .lets go on a close analysis. NIgeria has practised democracy for only 13years, mainly due to military rule, with it gargantuos muslim population, it still strives to maintain democracy,notwithstanding widespread oppositions from "acclaimed" religion of peace codenamed "islam". Now which islamic country in the whole world, can say such of their govt modus operandus,just mention 1.

When almost most of the muslim population kick against democracy which entails egalitarianism that directly opposes the islamic belief of male superiority, do you honestly think there would have been an iorta of democratic tendencies? No. But yet stil nigerian govt are still democratic; freedom of the press, of speech, of religion, of association etc.

Even some "islamic miscreant" go to our dear president fb page and insult him, yet no military actions are taken because of freedom of speech, take for e.g recently when a Newyorker called obama a nigga on twitter, she was relieved of her duties and detained, this happen in a country that has practise democracy for who know? Maybe up to a 5-10 decades.

Nigerians staged protest without being clamned down on with force, can you say this of other muslim populated countries like libya,tunisia,yemen,egypt, in short the entire middle east and north african states? . My guess: No.

Preaching the gospel in countries like iran is a taboo and is sometimes punishable by death, which is in direct voilation of fundamental human rights, well a glance at nigerians spiritual nature will tell the tell, as even in the islamic core north, there are thousands of churches, and other religious set ups, notwithstanding the prevailing state established sharia laws.

There are many and many more, i cant just mention, please you are at freedom to express your self with validated truth dear Msauza. Thank you.[/b]

Nobody had ever denied that Nigeria is a democracy. Hence, is Nigeria a stable democracy or so to say a modern democracy? I understand that some few rights have been enshrined in the Nigerian constitution beside the right to education, housing, to strike and picket and the right to form political party. Many people understand democracy as merely a system of government by the people and do not comprehend the system in much finer details.

The reason why I have claimed that Nigeria is unstable democracy stems from that country's deep political and religious tension. It is no secret that Muslims in Nigeria are unhappy and feel oppressed by what they call anti-Muslim laws. Islam does not support right to life which is found in Sec4 article 33 of Nigeria's constitution. Muslims in Nigeria wants to live like other Muslims in Islamic countries under sharia law, that's why they terrorise Christians by burning their churches and bombing public structures by home made petrol bombs. It is these incidents that distabilises and threatens the democracy in Nigeria since Muslim community perceive it as biased and serving interests of only Christians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 1:25am On Feb 19, 2013
it makes me laugh when i hear SAs say they cannot wear a Naija attire but they can put on their leopard skins like zuma does.

Zuma doesnt know fashion and thats why he wears canvass together with leopard skins. Thats not too suprising any way. Afterall, here is a man who says "TO CURE AIDS, JUST TAKE A NICE SHOWER AFTER SE.X".this guy exposed the flaw in you edu system big time.

I am going to post pics of attires of both countries and i will leave all of you to tell me which is more decent. If you SAs refuse to ans me, then you are not men.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 1:31am On Feb 19, 2013
i am so tired now and dont when i will be chanced to come online. I would have loved to reply all of you. But certainly, i will be back.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:15am On Feb 19, 2013
gst101: it makes me laugh when i hear SAs say they cannot wear a Naija attire but they can put on their leopard skins like zuma does.

Zuma doesnt know fashion and thats why he wears canvass together with leopard skins. Thats not too suprising any way. Afterall, here is a man who says "TO CURE AIDS, JUST TAKE A NICE SHOWER AFTER SE.X".this guy exposed the flaw in you edu system big time.

I am going to post pics of attires of both countries and i will leave all of you to tell me which is more decent. If you SAs refuse to ans me, then you are not men.

the zulu people dont wear it every day only for important cultural occasions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:17am On Feb 19, 2013
agaugust: rugby causes deadly brain damage, new medical problems in america now, people now see rugby as a killer. google it, its now a big cause of future brain damage. avoid it if you can.

that only because they suck at it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:47am On Feb 19, 2013
agaugust: football or soccer is the greatest sport in the whole world, and nigeira is always doing great in the most important things on earth, that is why we are more in the world news than south africa .

nigeria fights bigger wars too like mali and liberia, but south africa likes easy and low level stuff like military action in central african republic where the world news has no interest. nigeria is always going for great things, south africa settles for lesser things .

Aguagust, you sound so childish, by the way how old are you? Countries do not decide on their own where must they be deployed. Countries are members of regional communities and are restricted to the confines of their region. Countries are not supposed to trespass to other regions without proper protocol. Thus, I do not understand your claim regarding SA choosing wars of low intensity as compared to Nigeria who go for big war. Rambos are not wanted in peace keeping missions and nobody is going to war, the intention is to stabilise the country and not to play Rambo style of rescue missions. DRC was as well a mammoth task to deal with, taking into account its land mass and terrain. The DRC, a francophone and richest country in Africa was in the news everywhere, but South Africa could not waste any valuable time to stabilise peace in that once Mobutu Seseko's country. I feel so proud for having been one of those privileged soldiers to have taken part in that mission years later after I joined the army in 2003. I then deployed to the DRC in Oct 2004 in Goma, near Rwanda and separated by Tanganyika lake with Burundi where rebels used to terrorise villagers by killing as well as ra*ping women and children. I must accept it was not an easy task as we had to travel the whole of eastern Congo, from Kindu, Beni, Bunya to kisanganyi. I resigned immediately on my return to further my studies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:59am On Feb 19, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:12am On Feb 19, 2013
gst101: it makes me laugh when i hear SAs say they cannot wear a Naija attire but they can put on their leopard skins like zuma does.

Lol!!! You will take long to understand SA culture. We only wear that in special occasion such as in heritage day. We do not go around people, shopping around wearing those skins. We sometimes have to commemorate our forebears and thats why we have a heritage day as a holiday in every 28th of September in South Africa. We have our own culture chief, thus we do not go around adopting foreign cultures. We promote ours first. Every tribe in SA including Boers have their own cultural attire, that's why sometimes you mistaken it to be of Nigerian origin. Tswanas, Sothos, Pedis, Xhosas, Tsongas, Swatis, Ndebeles, Vendas, Zulus, English and Afrikaans (Voortrekers) have all their cultural or traditional attires, but we do not wear them everyday like Nigerians. By the way Zuma is seen there wearing Zulus impis or warrior dress similar to the one in Shaka Zulu's era when fabrics were not yet discovered in Africa. Surely Nigerians were also wearing something similar at that time, because fabrics were discovered during the era of colonisation in Africa. White people when they arrived in Africa found us all wearing such skin and Nigerians are not exception.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 19, 2013
Msauza:

There is no African country that has no level of illiteracy. It is mostly this group that become victims of this evil foreign traditional practitioners in SA. Without being xenophobic, our new democratic dispensation has brought us many problems through the influx of many foreigners in our neighbourhood. Before ANC came into power our nation was a healthy nation in Africa, free from Ebola, sickle cell disease, Herpetitus B, Drugs and HIV, because our borders were protected day and night. HIV was something very foreign and could only be heard about over radios and televisions as something foreign. Ever since then we have seen the influx of foreign pastors and traditional doctors of African origin, majority of whom are Nigerians claiming to cure AIDS, promoting ritual killings and molesting of babies. This is why many South Africans think that Apartheid SA was much better than democratic South Africa as they were free from many sicknesses.
ediots and racist smh....where are those SA who think apartheid was better grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 19, 2013
andrewza: when i youtube search nigerian solders i get this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpbycer1U3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8cUZxIjpbM
seriously! when I search south African police I get - "view at your own discretion" posting all of it here would be a waste of time cuz it won't fit a page..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:03am On Feb 19, 2013
sheyie2007:
seriously! when I search south African police I get - "view at your own discretion" posting all of it here would be a waste of time cuz it won't fit a page..

Democracy does not allow soldiers to go around harassing citizens, if then it was the police, it wud have been better. Democracy limits powers of military within the confines of their bases. It is only during times of riots where presidents of democratic states will unleash military to stabilise the situation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:28am On Feb 19, 2013
Msauza:

Democracy does not allow soldiers to go around harassing citizens, if then it was the police, it wud have been better. Democracy limits powers of military within the confines of their bases. It is only during times of riots where presidents of democratic states will unleash military to stabilise the situation.

The SANDF is allowed to lend assestent to any goverment department so it not only in riots or other major civil actions but floods, anti poaching, border patrol extra or even building bridges in rural areas. The thing is though solders should never do poliece work even when solder deploy with cops they only there to bolster man power and a cop is all ways near at hand.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2013
Msauza:
and who told you they go about harassing citizens? you need to watch the video he posted. dimwit
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:15am On Feb 19, 2013
andrewza:

The SANDF is allowed to lend assestent to any goverment department so it not only in riots or other major civil actions but floods, anti poaching, border patrol extra or even building bridges in rural areas. The thing is though solders should never do poliece work even when solder deploy with cops they only there to bolster man power and a cop is all ways near at hand.

Yes I agree with you my countryman, those are duties and responsibilities of our Armies as prescribed and provided by the Defence Act of parliament, particularly border patrol. Besides, Soldiers should not be seen in our neighbourhood (civilians), remember in the case of Marikana where Zuma unleashed military to stabilise riots in that area, it then became a big issue as opposition parties were trying to score cheap political points by accusing Zuma of mishandling the Army.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2013
sheyie2007:

There's no modern country on earth where police don't use heavy handed and unwarranted force to subdue of enforce law and order including socalled mistaken identity killings, I can show u hundreds of vids and pics of US, French and UK police's misconduct.

The only difference between u Nigerians and SA is that our police force are responsible for law enforcement including roadblock(checkpoint duties) and we as soldiers aren't allowed outside barracks to enforce laws. In nigeria ur soldiers play a dual role both law enforcement and security ops, which leads to such issues of abuse, disrespect and mistrust on both civilian and security forces respectively.

Nigeria still haven't gotten rid of its military ruling class issues because ur armed forces still have a lot of power within society just look at ur former president OBJ who was a military general and became a president, which is not the case in South Africa and most first world nations where military power is strickly in the hands of the president and oversite by parliament and cabinet respectively.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
@msauza. Nigeria is home to some of the most civilized people of precolonial Africa. The english did not meet the yoruba and hausa man naked. The aso oke among yoruba dates back to the 11th century. Look up the soap stone images of esie on google and you will find out an evidence of proper dress among the yoruba. Those images were excavated in the 14 or 15 century. Cant remember when exactly. Thats way before colonization.

Colonization started at the tail end of the 19th century. The tech uused to weave those fabrics were made by the locals before colonialism.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
the military in nigeria holds no much power. The most radical of them have been retired at the start of the current democracy.

That Obasanjo, an exservice, became a president amounts to nothing. Afterall, there are exservice who became president in america.

And yes, the military is firmly under jonathan. He appoints all of the service chiefs and also, the military is subject to over sight function under both chambers of the national assembly. Infact, when the navy helo crashed recently with the former national security advicer and kaduna state gov on board, the navy chiefs where at the house of reps to answer some questions
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2013
gst101: @msauza. Nigeria is home to some of the most civilized people of precolonial Africa. The english did not meet the yoruba and hausa man naked. The aso oke among yoruba dates back to the 11th century. Look up the soap stone images of esie on google and you will find out an evidence of proper dress among the yoruba. Those images were excavated in the 14 or 15 century. Cant remember when exactly. Thats way before colonization.

Colonization started at the tail end of the 19th century. The tech uused to weave those fabrics were made by the locals before colonialism.

Listening is a skill, nobody ever said colonists when they first arrive in Africa they found the natives na*ked. Re-read my statement above again, there is no a single sentence that would ever confirm and support your accusations. It took modern technology to turn cotton, nilon, acrylic, wool, etc into a fabric. Thus, there is no nation in Africa that had that privilege. Animal skins were our forbears everyday clothing until the advent of civilisation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2013
By 'civilization, what do you mean? Is the western civilization brought here by europe? And by 'technology' what do you mean? Is it the ones introduced to us by europe? If thats what you mean, then you are mistaken, the yoruba people had their way of turning cotton into wooly and thick fabric.
SOME of Africa's people have stoped wearing skins a long time ago before and shortly after the birth of christ. You can do research about it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2013
Msauza:

Listening is a skill, nobody ever said colonists when they first arrive in Africa they found the natives na*ked. Re-read my statement above again, there is no a single sentence that would ever confirm and support your accusations. It took modern technology to turn cotton, nilon, acrylic, wool, etc into a fabric. Thus, there is no nation in Africa that had that privilege. Animal skins were our forbears everyday clothing until the advent of civilisation.
Lol at bolded, you're uninformed by friend, research how "aso oke" is made before the colonial era.. also research the oyo kingdom prior to the colonial era... they even had a structured system of government like we have today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
Where does this imprint in west African fabrics come from. Does it come from Europe? I challenge anyone of you who has studied anthropology.

http://mobile.slate.com/articles/arts/design/2012/03/african_fabric_where_do_tribal_prints_really_come_from_.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Msauza: Where does this imprint in west African fabrics come from. Does it come from Europe? I challenge anyone of you who has studied anthropology.

http://mobile.slate.com/articles/arts/design/2012/03/african_fabric_where_do_tribal_prints_really_come_from_.html
Just read the history http://www.mongabay.com/reference/country_studies/nigeria/HISTORY.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
sheyie2007:
Just read the history http://www.mongabay.com/reference/country_studies/nigeria/HISTORY.html

Let history speak for itself. Well, that's a well known fact that Africans moulded and shaped iron into bow and arrows, spears and open fire pots. That phenomena is evident in the history of Bushmen, the khoisan and the hottentots who were regarded as the first people. They have been in existence long before any tribe in Nigeria can ever come into existence. Speaking of savana people, the greatest slave traders of all. Who exchanged their own for a piece of cloth and facilitated for a process of mercantile slavery and further traded their trophy to the natives for the exchange of more slaves. My dear friend Nigeria never discovered fabric in their entire history, no matter how hard you will try to convince me, it will remain a propaganda before the eyes of many. If Nigeria discovered fabrics millennia ago, then why are they still importing a lot of wool, polyester, nylon and acrylic even to date? The history of white people in Africa dates back in 1400 before the actual colonisation and if you want to read more click below;

http://www.mongabay.com/history/nigeria/nigeria-european_slave_trade_in_west_africa.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
Msauza:

Let history speak for itself. Well, that's a well known fact that Africans moulded and shaped iron into bow and arrows, spears and open fire pots. That phenomena is evident in the history of Bushmen, the khoisan and the hottentots who were regarded as the first people. They have been in existence long before any tribe in Nigeria can ever come into existence. Speaking of savana people, the greatest slave traders of all. Who exchanged their own for a piece of cloth and facilitated for a process of mercantile slavery and further traded their trophy to the natives for the exchange of more slaves. My dear friend Nigeria never discovered fabric in their entire history, no matter how hard you will try to convince me, it will remain a propaganda before the eyes of many. If Nigeria discovered fabrics millennia ago, then why are they still importing a lot of wool, polyester, nylon and acrylic even to date? The history of white people in Africa dates back in 1400 before the actual colonisation and if you want to read more click below;

http://www.mongabay.com/history/nigeria/nigeria-european_slave_trade_in_west_africa.html
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_textiles

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.