Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4472721 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=agaugust][/quote]
thank you verry much.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Nigeria does not have the capability of producing missiles. That pipe that you are smoking is too strong for you, I will only advice to leave it once and for all.

old topic treated fully on page 342 of this forum, please dont drag us back and waste our time here...sharaaap !

Augustine Again:

yes, the full details are not disclosed, i posted the little information i could gather last from april to may, @saengine was not online that day, @andrewza saw it but now he pretends he did not see it.

nigeria testing locally made long-range rockets/missiles at epe town on lagos sea coast

@Spirit says:
July 22, 2012 at 5:09 am
@Henry,
Your country has been “secretly” building and testing long range rockets (missiles?) in Epe, Lagos state. I know guys living in the area that claim they sometimes see the missiles soaring into the night skies even before the MOD made it public some 3 years ago. I thought the projects has been scrapped until the minister mentioned it last month.

http://beegeagle./2012/07/21/nigeria-success-story-in-defence-industry/

quote from :

Dr. Robert Ajaiyi Boroffice granted, before separating officially from the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)— where he served as Director-General and Chief Executive Officer for eight years

"I once wrote a story in The Sunday Guardian about NASRDA’s testing of experimental rockets at Epe, Lagos State…That caused quite an up-roar, globally!

Yes. So you can see what I mean! (Laughing) It’s a very sensitive issue.

So, where does the space programme go from here?

We are at a very critical stage of the space programme in Nigeria. NASRDA is putting one of the most important infrastructures on ground."

weblink source

http://ihuanedo.ning.com/group/betterlivingofedolitesandnigerians/forum/topics/nigeria-space-agency-at-the-crossroads

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Are you crazy? I have never engaged with Agaugust in any debate day before yesterday, yesterday and even today. What secrecy bill? I have answered all your questions related to the protection of state information bill and have told you that SA is not a banana republic. We do not take no for an answer because we know the true meaning of democracy as told to us by Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela.

Viva!! The democratic rainbow nation Viva!!!

For your info, I have studied both in university of Potchefstroom and Wits University respectively.

Another case of chronic selective amnesia! Hopefully you'll be brave enough to revert to my last comment and then tell readers where you made your response on this thread.

Msauza:

You are embarrassing yourself because of your ignorance about SA law. I am a South African who has studied SA law in university. There is no bill in SA that can be passed by the parliament before it can be tested for its constitutional relevance. It is a procedure that must be followed by the parliament because failure to do so can render the president for impeachment. I cannot believe this ignorance of yours, bwahahahahaha!!

And again I am educating you that the bill has been passed and now awaits Jacob Zuma's rubber stamp! Is that too hard to understand? Once that is stamped by your president, it becomes THE LAW!! Except Zuma returns it for amendment it is safely law by all intents and purpose!! Your university law degree is suspect ... so why not sit down while I teach you parliamentary/constitutional processes applied in your own country!!!!!

Be humble!!

I'll take your loud silence as good lesson learnt from my lecture to you!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=agaugust][/quote]

I am not convinced that missile was made in Nigeria. It could be any missile acquired from any countries and tested in Nigeria. Just like here in South Africa where many foreign countries are testing their missiles.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

You are taking chances boy. South Africa is the world top 20 arms exporter.

can south africa defeat algeria in war ? i have asked this question 10 times in 3 days...no answer from the whole of south africa !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1C8Vz_2HJw
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

I am not convinced that missile was made in Nigeria. It could be any missile acquired from any countries and tested in Nigeria. Just like here in South Africa where many foreign countries are testing their missiles.
save your self from further embarassment, shut the hell up !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

You are a waste of time here! Call your elder brother AndrewZA to bail you out! It's way past your bedtime boy!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
agaugust:

can south africa defeat algeria in war ? i have asked this question 10 times in 3 days...no answer from the whole of south africa !

little tanzania can beat them (SA). I would even say ghana is at the same level with them (SA).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
agaugust:

The boy has been blind for the past three days! SELEKA kids stole his eyeballs!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Able men and oniles of Nigeria, I will now retire for the day. Will be on the road shortly. My Swahili has to improve by force. I throway enough salutes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Another case of chronic selective amnesia! Hopefully you'll be brave enough to revert to my last comment and then tell readers where you made your response on this thread.

I'll take your loud silence as good lesson learnt from my lecture to you!

How many times must I tell you that protection of state information bill is not something that is new in SA, it only needed to be amended and be passed as a law. I say again the protection of state information is a must to any country and we all understand that we need to have such a law in the country because we have the department of state security ( NIA and SASS) which will administer that ACCT. Such secret organisations cannot function effectively without that ACT. Our only concern were provisions which were amended and seem to contravene the constitution of the country. However, such provisions have now been repealed and the remain the winner. What is left is for the pres to sign that bill so that it can become a law.

SA is not a banana republic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

just kill yourself if you can't read lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4: Nigeria already had missile capabilities in the 1970's and Nigeria bought missile technologie from north korea. so you are totally wrong.
You guys are full of sh**. You always want to claim to be the only ones doing something.
Irrelevant trolls.

You mean nigeria wanted to but never manged to build a SLBM

a SLBM was first used in WW2, ATGMs are a different ball game. Any fool can make a rocket.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
andrewza:

a SLBM was first used in WW2, ATGMs are a different ball game. Any fool can make a rocket.
adress your question to augaugust.
And stop saying rubbish to me.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

How many times must I tell you that protection of state information bill is not something that is new in SA, it only needed to be amended and be passed as a law. I say again the protection of state information is a must to any country and we all understand that we need to have such a law in the country because we have the department of state security ( NIA and SASS) which will administer that ACCT. Such secret organisations cannot function effectively without that ACT. Our only concern were provisions which were amended and seem to contravene the constitution of the country. However, such provisions have now been repealed and the remain the winner. What is left is for the pres to sign that bill so that it can become a law.

SA is not a banana republic.

Evade your own comments all you want but it still was you that denied that the bill had not been passed.

Msauza:

You are embarrassing yourself because of your ignorance about SA law. I am a South African who has studied SA law in university. There is no bill in SA that can be passed by the parliament before it can be tested for its constitutional relevance. It is a procedure that must be followed by the parliament because failure to do so can render the president for impeachment. I cannot believe this ignorance of yours, bwahahahahaha!!

The real political intentions of the bill are well known to the ANC and Zuma.

Guptagate
Nkandlagate
Armsgate
Extra extra (to borrow from AndrewZA)

State Security purposes is an excuse. The media and opposition parties are the reason.

http://bookslive.co.za/blog/2013/04/30/secrecy-bill-south-african-civil-society-fights-back/
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/139023901
http://www.iol.co.za/news/special-features/anc-rejects-call-for-re-vote-on-secrecy-bill-1.1507650
http://www.iol.co.za/news/special-features/fury-as-secrecy-bill-gets-nod-1.1506624
http://www.iol.co.za/news/special-features/assembly-adopts-info-bill-1.1506534
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
Stop using the word fact. I think you don't know what it means.
And I can verry easilly say that south africa doesn't produce any missiles as well.
Nigeria produces missiles and yes it is a secret technology given that we obtained its new version from north korea (and we risked sanctions for that), and we also don't want our neighbours or other African countries to feel threatened. I remember Kenya crying foul when Nigeria was buying technology from North Korea

you know how few countries make AGMs, and north korea. Please they so poor they still got T34s in active serves. Nigeria dose not make AGMs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
adress your question to augaugust.
And stop saying rubbish to me.

I quoted you, can you not back up what you said
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
agaugust:

old topic treated fully on page 342 of this forum, please dont drag us back and waste our time here...sharaaap !

And this does not mean AGM, anybody can make a rocket.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:
For your info, I have studied both in university of Potchefstroom and Wits University respectively.

with all i've seen coming from your brain, you need a refund. undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
agaugust:

so, all the missiles and weapons owned by all militaries of the world from europe to asia to afica cannot be effectively used today if the manufacturer stopped production in 1993 ?

you are really dumbo ! britain stopped production of swingfire, but egypt still produces it, get education below

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/egypt/abd.htm

who told you that any weapon in the world becomes useless to all countries that purchased them after the manufacturer stops production ? so south african army milan anti-tank missiles too have become useless since france stopped production long ago ? see why i stopped asking after your sister ? she's gonna be thinking just like you !

i know what i posted, dont compare guided missile with ordinary RPG of seleka rebel. the only guaranty of stopping a guided missile is to track and detect by its guidance system so that it does not maneuver and dribble the mongoose, because the launcher does not fire and forget swingfre, its not radar guided, its flying wire guided to ensure it is always controlled and driven like a jet fighter aircraft by the soldier to gurantee k.illing the enemy target.

i said go read the weblkink i posted for nigerian army swingfire missile, it swings around after it is fired, swing fire swings when fired and manuevers like a snake towards its target at very high speed, it will eat up both your tank and your tanks defences.

i wont answer you again....you need to be on a police vs armed robbers thread, not military topic ! i wont waste my time replying you on anti-tank missiles again. entertain yourself and deceive yourself.

Today you are on a roll grin

1. Weapons systems (especially missile systems) become obsulete if the original manfucaturer no longer exists, or if there if no one to produce under license. I say especially missile systems for a reason. Example our anti tank Ratels are not produced anymore but can be maintained enough to fire Ingwe missiles. Now if Denel stopped producing Ingwe missiles, or Ratels would be useless. We would have to find a replacement. You can maintain heavy equipment to keep running, you cant maintain missiles to keep exploding grin.

2. Egypt started production of Swingfire in 1978. Their missiles were being produced concurently with the British. Production of Swingfire is no more. Here is the website of the company in Egypt that produced Swingfire. They list all the anti tank missiles and systems they make. Notice what is missing.....Swingfire. Not on their website because they dont make it anymore. http://www.aoi.com.eg/aoieng/factories/abdinfo.html

3. Is your internet working correctly? Try put your phone or laptop in water and see if you get better sources. Not only is Milan still being produced, SA topped up its stock maybe 2 years ago with new Milan 3 launchers and Milan-ER missiles.

4. And then you have the guts to call yourself a teacher. Swingfire used command to line of sight. Meaning there was a beam (optical or otherwise) pointing at the target. The reason you think it moves like a snake is the missile simply recalculating its position relative to this beam. If you go onto youtube you will see how all wire guided missiles seem to dance from left to right and up and down before hitting a target. The wire simply sends information back and forth between the missile and the sight. Your missile can dance like a snake, jump like a kangaroo, swim like a fish...do all it wants, but when it reaches the target it is pretty much riding that beam exactly. There is no dancing at the end. Then you have the stup*dity to think it might dodge a Mongoose missile, which only fires a few hundreds of a second before impact. Haha...okay. grin

What made Swingfire well know was the ability for the tracking and firing posts to be in two different locations. Meaning you would need two people to fire. One pointing the beam at the target, and another firing the missile to a point where it will pick up the beam, correct direction and fly to the target.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

lmao!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Evade your own comments all you want but it still was you that denied that the bill had not been passed.

The real political intentions of the bill are well known to the ANC and Zuma.

Guptagate
Nkandlagate
Armsgate
Extra extra (to borrow from AndrewZA)

State Security purposes is an excuse. The media and opposition parties are the reason.

http://bookslive.co.za/blog/2013/04/30/secrecy-bill-south-african-civil-society-fights-back/
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/139023901
http://www.iol.co.za/news/special-features/anc-rejects-call-for-re-vote-on-secrecy-bill-1.1507650
http://www.iol.co.za/news/special-features/fury-as-secrecy-bill-gets-nod-1.1506624
http://www.iol.co.za/news/special-features/assembly-adopts-info-bill-1.1506534

Where have you seen me denying that? Yes the bill has been passed because it remains important for the proper functioning of our government. Do you expect SA to walk about the streets n.aked and be read like a book by spies and foreign media? NO! Every country in the world has a system in place to held certain sensitive information from the public. Without that law it will mean that we will not have secret and intelligence services.

However there are some few provisions in that law which will not pass their constitutionality.

Read:
http://constitutionallyspeaking.co.za/new-improved-secrecy-bill-still-bad-still-unconstitutional/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
agaugust:

Nigeria does not have the ability to make missiles simple as that. No need to post pictures of rockets which any fool can make. You see a big flash in that picture and you think you can now make anti tank missile, air to air missiles etc etc? Maybe you can send a private message to Patriot because that poor soul seems to believe everything you tell him.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

Only because I have failed to agree with you on certain issues, particularly that Nigeria is not a true democracy, you then sought to discredit our institutions. You are very desperate, just like your education system.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
andrewza:

I quoted you, can you not back up what you said
I gladly recognise that augaugust is better than me in this matter, so ask him because I have no time to waste researching documents.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
saengine:

Nigeria does not have the ability to make missiles simple as that. No need to post pictures of rockets which any fool can make. You see a big flash in that picture and you think you can now make anti tank missile, air to air missiles etc etc? Maybe you can send a private message to Patriot because that poor soul seems to believe everything you tell him.
Judging by the trajectory of that object everybody with intelligence must admit it was a guided missile.
What amazes you in this ?
Nigerians are among the most intelligent people on earth !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
andrewza:

Nigeria probably acquired scud missile technology,and those things are known for being less accurate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Nigeria probably acquired scud missile technology,and those things are known for being less accurate.
Why must you always downrate Nigeria, with no single evidence to do that. A country you have never been to ! Anything Nigerian, you must see it as bad. grow up !Try objectivity, We have spent years proving you people wrong on this forum, but you don't seem to learn.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4: Judging by the trajectory of that object everybody with intelligence must admit it was a guided missile.
What amazes you in this ?
Nigerians are among the most intelligent people on earth !

You've proved time and time again that the topic of this forum isnt for you. Hence you were refering agaugst to answer questions posted to you. You can go and be a patriot in other issues regarding Nigeria. What would an unguided missile trajectory look like a few seconds after launch? You keep confusing rockets, missiles....anything with flames coming out the back and its getting irritating explaining the difference.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Only because I have failed to agree with you on certain issues, particularly that Nigeria is not a true democracy, you then sought to discredit our institutions. You are very desperate, just like your education system.

and with your indirect acceptance that those schools have done nothing to help your brain, you desperately want to change the topic.

how can a person that graduated from two universities not know the difference between democracy and Human rights? dude go get your money back. your education is a waste. period
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
saengine:

You've proved time and time again that the topic of this forum isnt for you. Hence you were refering agaugst to answer questions posted to you. You can go and be a patriot in other issues regarding Nigeria. What would an unguided missile trajectory look like a few seconds after launch? You keep confusing rockets, missiles....anything with flames coming out the back and its getting irritating explaining the difference.
Look, I am not a hypocrit like you south africans out here who keep shouting "lie, lie, lie" when they don't understand or when they are just not qualified in the subject.
If you ask me a question and I know someone else is better than me in that subject then i will direct you to him instead of wasting your time by either changing the subject or shouting "lie, lie, lie".
I have proven your dear compatriots wrong several times on this forum. My best tool is logical thinking.
I have also provided several documents to back my sayings, so if I am not to be in this topic (which by the way is Nigerian) then many south africans here including you do not have a place here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
saengine:

for starters, nobody fires unguided missiles in a vertical position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.