Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,551 members, 7,875,131 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4473668 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Still basking on ancient history, while your African contemporaries are conquering new horizons in the 21st century? We are the least surprised!

these guys are funny i swear. talking about zulu warriors in 2013 cheesy
while new armies like KDF and UPDF are conquering in battle and growing in combat experience. these guys are jokes grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

Zuluike means power of the Zulu. What a good name.

Your idiotic tendencies predate you!! Surely it's your 33% brain capacity in action! grin grin grin

Zuluike = to rest, to be at peace.
Uwa-zuluike = the world at rest, the world at peace.

Now show some appreciation and thanks ... you blockhead!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

and which of the evidence and proofs we posted have south africans accepted? more like pot calling kettle black. did you enjoy my lecture on differentiating Democracy from Human Rights? dullard

I will never take any lectures from someone who knows nothing about democracy and whose country is still struggling to achieve true democracy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:

I will never take any lectures from someone who knows nothing about democracy and whose country is still struggling to achieve true democracy.

You are a sample recipe for continuous public self-embarrassment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
Msauza:
I will never take any lectures from someone who knows nothing about democracy.

this is why you'll keep failing. cos you refuse to learn from a more intelligent person. good luck remaining dumb
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
SOUTH AFRICAN MARINES IN TRAINING

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
sOUTH Africa marines in training

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
South African Marines in training

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4: I am getting tired. You are failing to understand verry simple things. Look at the war history of other kingdoms! You can not just be saying Zulu this and Zulu that and then conclude by saying the zulus were the best warriors in Africa. The title best implies there is a comparison !
And that is what you are failing to provide.
That's because they're the best like that. Unless you wanna tell me about your "Igwe" who commanded his men to victory,Like king Shaka did. Tell me about your kings or chiefs who fought well. OH they bowed to the British heheheheh LOL.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
FIRST WOMEN GRIPEN PILOT

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
WOMEN IN SANDF

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
That's because they're the best like that. Unless you wanna tell me about your "Igwe" who commanded his men to victory,Like king Shaka did. Tell me about your kings or chiefs who fought well. OH they bowed to the British heheheheh LOL.

Same old ignorance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
If you want to compare on brutality then I would gladly leave that to you.
I only set out to compare on military might of which your young Zulu empire had much less than Nigerian kingdoms did.
End of story.
"Up children!! Up the children of Zulu destroy them all,your time has come"«----The Great warrior king Shaka inspiring his men during the battle against King Zwide's army.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
south african police special task force preparing to storm a bank robbery in Johannesburg

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
SOUTH AFRICAN AIRFIRCE CADETS

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
"Up children!! Up the children of Zulu destroy them all,your time has come"«----The Great warrior king Shaka inspiring his men during the battle against King Zwide's army.

In same way, where was your King Shaka to inspire his children of Zulu during battle against the children of Seleka's army?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Latecomer!! You missed this same debate long ago. It's not worth going through with you again!! All we see is more of the same pictures as usual yet, the planes were in the freezer when SANDF took to their heels in defeat.
"It is worth mentioning" that fighter pilots were put on standby,with their heavy lift pilots counterparts. The bats defended their base,while senior joint operations Generals were confused by the politicians on weather to reinforce or not.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4: He posted that photo because Nigeria has that weapon. Moreover, the US haven't fired its nuclear missiles since 1945, so shall we assume the US is also incompetent in using them ?
And why should we be firing our missiles ? on who ?
We fire them in trainings and that is enough for now.

The US conduct Nuke drills very so often and conduct inspection on warheads, A nuke is just a war head.

To train and at targets, yes but the swing fire stockpile would be running low now nigeria bought 100 in the mid 1980s.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
When Nigerian kingdoms were trading with the british on equal terms, your people were already being marginalized by the british. the british had already conquered you. And once again, I am not going to the the research for you, you have the internet so just use it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
Thiza: @Agaugust attached is the video of the Police Special task force training
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=saps%2Bspecial%2Btask%2Bforce%2Bvideos&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQuAIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Da5mv2vg0oZA&ei=6zXlUeGmBMHMhAex5oDYDQ&usg=AFQjCNH31GsX9J5xnJuMtuadzfLNhUElng

South African Special Forces capabilities
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sandf%2Bspecial%2Bforces%2Bvideos&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDwQuAIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeM1vnA_yxA0&ei=-TblUcLENomphAfWsYHIDQ&usg=AFQjCNEEh5vG1snVaMe6XC7xW3PCJsRm_A

South African navy
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=south%2Bafrican%2Bnavy%2Btraining%2Bvideos&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQuAIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRswi4CNf-uQ&ei=OzflUanZG5CJhQf_tIHgDQ&usg=AFQjCNHzg28t25Gq13qI9mVg9CLW728vXg

South African airforce training
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=south%2Bafrican%2Bairforce%2Btraining%2Bvideos&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0fcAMweMDC4&ei=mzflUa65L8uFhQeW3IDACQ&usg=AFQjCNG7kbDGwc91If-NRFwU5FesIbx7iw

South African National Defence Force videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4FB09CwiQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT04AyF895U

http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sandf%2Bvideos&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEEQuAIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dp7Zn6VmCSU0&ei=DDnlUdn3OcqFhQf2loCAAQ&usg=AFQjCNH5Eydm2UqD7XDGqHwVbxzOH5qynw

Haha...look at the comments!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
andrewza:

The US conduct Nuke drills very so often and conduct inspection on warheads, A nuke is just a war head.

To train and at targets, yes but the swing fire stockpile would be running low now nigeria bought 100 in the mid 1980s.
Read my post again, and this time pull your head out of your a**.
And what makes you think Nigeria doesn't make those missiles or doesn't make an equivalent one. It seems to me that "the supplies" of these kind of weapons need to be made locally or else it would be difficult.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
agaugust:

nigerian army has BTR-3U IFV and is a modular amoured vehicle that can perform all land combat roles listed below and that includes anti-tank guided missile firing against enemy Tanks or IFV/APC

The BTR-3U is fitted with the one-person KBA-105 "Shkval" unified fighting module which can accommodate 30mm gun, 7.62mm coaxial machine gun, 30mm automatic grenade launcher and anti-tank guided weapons. This module was developed by the State Scientific Technical Centre of Artillery & Rifle Arms of Ukraine. The Shkval fighting module design is very flexible, which makes it possible to easily replace an existing weapon with another one.

The 30 mm dual-feed cannon has 350 rounds of ready-use ammunition.

A total of 2,500 rounds are carried for the 7.62mm coaxial machine gun.

The 30 mm grenade launcher is mounted on the left side of the turret, having 29 rounds of ready-use ammunition, with additional 87 rounds being carried in reserve (three magazines, each containing 29 rounds).

Six 81 mm electrically operated smoke/aerosol grenade launchers are mounted three either side of the turret rear and firing forwards.

The sighting systems include a commander’s 1PZ-3 observation periscope and a TKN-4S Agat stabilised sight which is integrated with the missile fire control system.

as i told you guys, you have your own...we have our own. go show your photos to M23 rebels in congo DRC

you have 47 and they in a different league. The badger is proved vs 30mm for one thing and has advance passive and active defense.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4: Read my post again, and this time pull your head out of your a**.
And what makes you think Nigeria doesn't make those missiles or doesn't make an equivalent one. It seems to me that "the supplies" of these kind of weapons need to be made locally or else it would be difficult.

You think nigeria is making Swing fires or any other AGMs?
You correct and nigeria does not make them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
chris365:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

so meaning the only competent men in you defense force are a few and old apartheid era soldiers. so your models couldn't do the work and they had to send some old generals and colonels. wow!! i overestimated you undecided

so you want to compare our generals and colonels from the civil war down to ALL CONFLICTS till 2013 to your bush war generals? now i see the kind of mentality that got your boys killed in CAR grin
Here's the thing,soldiers who fought in the bush war on both sides are now in their Forties and fifties and those who didn't leave the armed forces are now Generals and Colonels. The commander in CAR didn't fight in the bush,but he brilliantly commanded his men while holding a rifle and a drip on the other hand. The Chief of the SANDF(General Solly Shoke) made it clear that "running is not an option",while his j ops Generals were hammering a plan to reinforce the bats.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Chronic ignorance of the first order!!

Zuluike is a Nigerian name you fool! The rest I leave you to find out. Or pay to learn/consult from me! But if you ask me nicely to explain, I will.

Endless wonders of juvenile South African brains!

I may not know igbo, but surely I know that ike has something to do with power or strength.

In that case all the ikechukwu and Chike will have to do nothing with the power with the prefix ike and suffix ike.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
Nigeria can actually boast of having done the fastest deployment of men and material in African history and one of the fastest in human history: we did that in Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Nigeria wanted the rest of West Africa to take a little bit of responsability in mali.
We already have soldiers in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Sudan. And each time anything happens in West Africa, we are expected to act alone and bear all the spendings, so we said no, everybody has to contribute.

Say thanks to america and NATO who provided all the air lift. You should do actual research on it a number of nigerian generals and officers have written reports on it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

In same way, where was your King Shaka to inspire his children of Zulu during battle against the children of Seleka's army?

The Zulus wiped out Zwide's army in that battle and went straight to his kraal to clean up the remaining soldiers. Seleka failed to overran the SANDF base. GE IT?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
andrewza:

You think nigeria is making Swing fires or any other AGMs?
You correct and nigeria does not make them.
Yah, like this would be the first time you are wrong.
It seems to me that you base all your reasonning on the fact that you think that if south africa doesn't have it then Nigeria doesn't have it. You also think that anything south african is superior to anything Nigerian.
You don't give any arguments, you just keep saying your personal feelings.
It suits you well.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

And again I am educating you that the bill has been passed and now awaits Jacob Zuma's rubber stamp! Is that too hard to understand? Once that is stamped by your president, it becomes THE LAW!! Except Zuma returns it for amendment it is safely law by all intents and purpose!! Your university law degree is suspect ... so why not sit down while I teach you parliamentary/constitutional processes applied in your own country!!!!!

Be humble!!

The bill was changed a number of times so it could be passed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
patriot4:
Yah, like this would be the first time you are wrong.
It seems to me that you base all your reasonning on the fact that you think that if south africa doesn't have it then Nigeria doesn't have it. You also think that anything south african is superior to anything Nigerian.
You don't give any arguments, you just keep saying your personal feelings.
It suits you well.

When have i been wrong on anything of this subject matter.

Actually SA makes a number of AGMs

SA is superior live with it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mike..ZA:
The Zulus wiped out Zwide's army in that battle and went straight to his kraal to clean up the remaining soldiers. Seleka failed to overran the SANDF base. GE IT?
A little bit of African history for dummies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW_kaUuUg8Y

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.