Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4482218 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

but information reaching me is that the offensive is delayed because the troops(including yours) are not yet ready.

so what have they been teaching in your defense training? how to facebook? undecided

Yes post that information that is reaching you. Since you know so much, we would also like to know.
Information reaching you from who?

And post the source that says we are training inside of DRC please. Thanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

we also have businesses in SA but we dont make noise about it.

Oh really? That's why Naai-gerians are crying?

You certainly aren't making noise because of that. You're making noise because of something else...

___

SA ripping Nigeria off

24 June 2013, 20:29
I had the misfortune of walking through a South African owned shop in Lagos recently. Mr. Price to be precise. I had just returned from a trip to Johannesburg and looking for cheap gifts i had forgotten to pick up for my hangers on when i returned. There was a piece of sweat shirt I had made a mental note to purchase at Mr. Price and decided to get it at the Nigerian store. T
his was a piece of item placed at their “priced to go” racks at N1,800 (R114.74) per piece. I have a long, retentive memory and i could still recall that this same piece of sweatshirt sells for N784.24 (R49.99) in South Africa. And if you factored in my 14% tax rebates, that sweat shirt did in fact come to me at N669.34 (R42.99). That’s some 269% increase over and above the marked prices inside South Africa.
This huge price differential is typical across board on most south african owned consumer products in Nigeria. From Shoprite to Chicken Republic to Massmart (Game), Mr. Price, Woolworth and Truworths. It is a tale of undue exploitation of Nigerians by South African Businesses.
Before i am crucified for being xenophobic, it is important to understand that the criticism of South African companies have persisted as a consequence of their approach to business in Nigeria, which has often been characterised as predatory and mercantilist. South Africa’s foreign policy towards Nigeria and indeed, towards all of Africa is not based on any Pan-Africanism or anti-imperialism; it is rather based on promoting South Africa’s expanding business interests on the continent.
It is an expansionist agenda that South African corporations and parastatals have successfully implemented in a one-sided hegemonic relationship. As echoed by Foluso Phillips, the chairman of Lagos-based Phillips Consulting, a business consultancy of branding advisors, “There is much that South Africa can offer Nigeria, but there has been a problem of attitude and lack of trust as well as divergent objectives by both parties,… however, there must be a strong spirit of win-win, as the track record and perception makes it all look one-sided in South Africa’s favour.”
Believe me, I am a fan of South African business in Nigeria. Rightly or wrongly, the economic boosts our country has experienced in various sectors of the economy, in particular, retail and telecommunication, through the interventions of South African businesses have helped to redefine the consumer experience here. They have brought healthy competitions and quality alternatives to other product offerings. They have been open about their desire to conquer the consumer market and have in turn created employment opportunities for thousands of Nigerians. They saw the potential of the middle income groups in Nigeria and positioned themselves to tap into it.
My grouse however, is that this competitive positioning cannot and should not be exploitative in nature, which is exactly what is happening today. It shouldn’t happen in a market of 170 million people in which, 40% of the population describe themselves as middle income earners.
This target group alone represent a market that’s still larger than the entire population of South Africa! Worse still, this should not be happening in a country that allows businesses to repatriate 100% of entire profits back to home. And it definitely shouldn’t be happening in a country that has massive disparities in incomes with it. Some comparative economic data will suffice here:
Nigeria South Africa
Population 170 million 52 million
Gross Domestic Product $268.7 billion $375.9 billion
GDP per Capita $1,657 $7,257
Exports (1st Quarter, 2012) $750 million $150 million
How does it happen that the earning power of the average south african is more than 4 times that of his Nigerian counterpart and yet, Nigerians are made to pay almost 3 times for the same quality of goods. The reality is, South African companies are making a dangerous killing in Nigeria and we are helpless to do anything about it. There is evidence that South African companies have been involved in blatant profiteering and looting in Nigeria.
For a very long time, MTN charges in Nigeria were the highest rates in the world for cellular phone calls. And despite its massive profits, MTN has really only created about 500 permanent jobs. Most of its employees are casual or temporary workers, and just like other South African corporations, denies all of its workers the right to join a trade union. Something that would be most unheard of in their own country.
And do not be deceived by the trade surplus in Nigeria’s favour. Of the 750 million dollars worth of Nigerian exports to South Africa reported in the first three months of 2012 by The South African Revenue Service, 740 million dollars worth are made up of mineral products, mainly oil. That means, other than oil, Nigeria have absolutely no stake in South Africa’s economy.
Compare that with MTN owning 52% of Nigeria’s mobile telecommunications market; franchises like Nandos, Chicken Republic and St. Elmos, etc owning 50% of the international fast food market worth US$2.5 million per annum; DSTV accounting for 90% of the viewers that watch satellite TV in Nigeria; SASOL playing major roles in Escravos with Chevron; and Entech and Broll managing prime estates and properties including the development of the Bar Beach (Eko Atlantic) and management of over 600 fuel stations and malls across Nigeria respectively. This can’t healthy.
There is a reason why such unequal trade relations exist between Nigeria and South Africa. The bilateral agreements signed by both governments since 1999 allows this to happen without hinderance to operations. South African companies’ investments in Nigeria are heavily protected from any interference at any level by the Nigerian government. It is a license to grow as they please without consequence. Added to this, there are substantial tax rebates for companies operating here through agreements on eradicating double taxation.
South African companies that paid tax in Nigeria are protected from paying taxes back home and can repatriate the entire profits. Now, imagine the US$5.3 billion MTN had earned after tax in the 10 years of operation from 2001 – 2011 finding its way back to the South African economy tax free! Why wouldn’t the Rand be stronger than the Naira at any level?
When the foundations of this country was laid in the fight against imperialism, it was not envisioned to have it substituted with another form of neo-colonialism. The activities of South African businesses in Nigeria have been abrasive to Nigerians and the Nigerian economy.
There is a siege mentality they have on this country that needs to be addressed. They have created opportunities not to develop the Nigerian economy but to exploit its resources. We experienced that with the British, endured it with the Chinese and now, it’s the South Africans that are our new colonialists. This is not the sort of relationship we should be aspiring to at this time. The sooner our government addresses these imbalances the better.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

EMPTY

a brainless maggot that can't differentiate between a retail outlet and a shopping mall. so sorry for your parents undecided

You have nothing to post, other than weak "kick-of-a-dead-donkey" statements.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

You have nothing to post, other than weak "kick-of-a-dead-donkey" statements.

EMPTY undecided

can you please tell me why you lied that south africa is not a deeply divided country while you've been protraying nigeria as one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LpzQidjqDM
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

EMPTY undecided

Says a guy who's just posted a five-letter word and an emoticon...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

Says a guy who's just posted a five-letter word and an emoticon...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

EMPTY undecided

can you please tell me you lied that south africa is not a deeply divided country while you've been protraying nigeria as one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LpzQidjqDM

Can you please bring up the post where I lied about whatever you are on about?

I feel like I'm in a zoo talking to a primate now...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

Can you please bring up the post where I lied about whatever you are on about?

I feel like I'm in a zoo talking to a primate now...

CraigB:

We are all South African. Your attempts to divide us will fail grin!
You can't divide us, loser. Black and white - we're South African.

see why i said i don't insult you when i call you STUP1D grin

now answer my question honky. why did you lie?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

see why i said i don't insult you when i call you STUP1D grin

now answer my question honky. why did you lie?

Which exact words are untrue, idi*t? Pick a number below, from 1 to 4.

1.We are all South African.

2.Your attempts to divide us will fail !

3.You can't divide us, loser.

4. Black and white - we're South African.

Oh, no - your insults are weak. They lack creativity and finesse. It's an intelligence issue (rather, the lack thereof).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

Which exact words are untrue, idi*t? Pick a number below, from 1 to 4.

[s]Oh, no -your insults are weak. They lack creativity[/s] grin grin grin since when is that needed to call you how you present yourself? grin

3.You can't divide us, loser. LIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5SUfwYbQyw

4. Black and white - we're South African. FVCKING LIAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYbRZhymD5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1H61dhQu5I

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Answer the question: 1 to 4. Which line is untrue, exactly?

Has your brain stalled? Videos can't talk for you.

You said I lied. Tell me which of my lines is untrue. 1 to 4. Let's hear it.

Don't make an argument inside your own head my problem.

Just tell me where the lie is.

You'll end up like Parrot4, dying a slow death on YouTube.

We are not?

Will you succeed?

Can you?

We are not?

Support your argument. Show us you are better than your other chimpanzee brothers.

Where is the lie?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
The loudest silence in the whole universe. That's how one kills a mockingbird Naai-gerian loser, who can't argue in a straight line or piss straight.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Don't be an idiot! I knew long before you mentioned and better still it's on the Nigerian Navy site and also a topic of discussion on BeegEaglesBlog.com. Sadly you'll not be eating more than you cook for the Navy!! Bloody Navy Chef wanting to be a second-gunner or medic in a South African Navy that has no available ship able to travel to Australia!! grin grin grin grin

i dont need a keyborde warroir to tell me what i am. before you think of insuting a naval chef why dont you become one. but you would probaly fail has a mess men and my musstring is seamanship.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

Answer the question: 1 to 4. Which line is untrue, exactly?

Has your brain stalled? Videos can't talk for you.

You said I lied. Tell me which of my lines is untrue. 1 to 4. Let's hear it.

Don't make an argument inside your own head my problem.

Just tell me where the lie is.

You'll end up like Parrot4, dying a slow death on YouTube.

We are not?

Will you succeed?

Can you?

We are not?

Support your argument. Show us you are better than your other chimpanzee brothers.

Where is the lie?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i couldn't stop laughing as i read this grin grin grin

you do realize you repeated one thing 4 times? you are a real slow cracker undecided

all your comments balls down to one conclusion:- you are not a divided country---- totally wrong and a fat lie

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/18/nelsonmandela-southafrica

'quote'
We are not always a very united people, us South Africans, despite the hype about our post-apartheid dispensation.

Our divisions – racial, economic, spatial and social – run deep. Nineteen years after our first democratic election, and a peace that has held despite numerous doomsday predictions, we often fall into the comfort of our divisions

more evidence of your division
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2321236/Orania-Whites-town-South-Africa-Afrikaners-dream-building-state.html

"Orania, one of the last outposts of racial segregation, is a whites-only enclave."

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked CraigBitch is a fvcking LIAR grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Kindly recoil to your cocoon and remain there for a while!! grin grin You were the ones saying sometime ago that our Navy was overstretched fighting phantom pirates in the Gulf of Guinea. Yet we can afford to send off the NNS Thunder to Australia while all your fancy ships and subs cannot set sail beyond your habour?

Please walk in reverse to your small Thokoza corner! grin grin grin

3 veasels are taking part in shared accord 2013 a 4 is on ops copper and a 5 is at sea for other resaons. So that 5 ships out of the harbor today 5 days ago it was 6.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB: The loudest silence in the whole universe. That's how one kills a mockingbird Naai-gerian loser, who can't argue in a straight line or piss straight.

so you had your eyes glued to whatever you are using grin grin grin

i have other things to do, so if i delay in responding it means am busy you this maggot
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

but information reaching me is that the offensive is delayed because the troops(including yours) are not yet ready.

so what have they been teaching in your defense training? how to facebook? undecided

Your info is about 1 month old. SA has deployed all of it's forces in to the AO. 1250 and has engaded in 2 fire fights to defend civlians suffring zero losses wounding, killing or capturing around 10 rebels. We even killed the leader of one of the rebel groups. Tanziana has around 200 men in the AO and there genrail is there. Maliw is has yet to arive. The brigade will be ready end of setember. Next time do real reasherch when you cliamed to have done reshearch.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
andrewza:

Your info is about 1 month old. SA has deployed all of it's forces in to the AO. 1250 and has engaded in 2 fire fights to defend civlians suffring zero losses wounding, killing or capturing around 10 rebels. We even killed the leader of one of the rebel groups. Tanziana has around 200 men in the AO and there genrail is there. Maliw is has yet to arive. The brigade will be ready end of setember. Next time do real reasherch when you cliamed to have done reshearch.

you know a source would have been nice to back up your claims. instead of this tales by moonlight you just gave undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

so you had your eyes glued to whatever you are using grin grin grin

i have other things to do, so if i delay in responding it means am busy you this maggot

You might as well have other things to do.

You have no business here. You have all but fallen apart.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

all your comments balls down to one conclusion:- you are not a divided country

Which comment in particular?

Point me to one?

I've asked you 4 times and each time I have not received an answer.

Which one of my comments lead to that conclusion?

1 to 4. Pick a statement of mine and show me how it leads to that conclusion? May I have a clear answer for a change.

Then we can move on to deal with your Orania rubbish.

_____

We are not?

Will you succeed?

Can you?

We are not?

___

From statement 1 to statement 4, how does one arrive at your conclusion? Which [size=15pt]particular[/size] statement leads you to the tangent that you have gone on?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
As we witness Naai-geria's 98% failure rate at work.

Loooooong rope for a Naai-gerian monkey to hang himself...

We wait...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

Which comment in particular?

Point me to one?

I've asked you 4 times and each time I have not received an answer.

Which one of my comments lead to that conclusion?

1 to 4. Pick a statement of mine and show me how it leads to that conclusion? May I have a clear answer for a change.

Then we can move on to deal with your Orania rubbish.

_____

We are not?

Will you succeed?

Can you?

We are not?

so you weren't taught critical reasoning in your fine schools ehn?

tell me what these statements mean if not the same thing.

We are all South African.

Black and white - we're South African.

Your attempts to divide us will fail

You can't divide us

please if these don't mean the same thing then draw up your own conclusions please. since they came from your fried up brain.

every time i give answers you keep taking me backwards. is that how you performed in school? sad

critical reasoning boy.. use your educated 33% brain. oh sorry, you've exhausted it already. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

you know a source would have been nice to back up your claims. instead of this tales by moonlight you just gave undecided

Did you give a source for your claim? No you did not. I am on my cell phone and source diving is tediadce but all of this has been coverd with sources posted. We even sent solders to brazil for jungel warfare training.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

so you weren't taught critical reasoning in your fine schools ehn? Up to now, you have failed to point out single statement that was a lie out of the above.

tell me what these statements mean if not the same thing.

We are all South African.

Black and white - we're South African.

Your attempts to divide us will fail

You can't divide us

please if these don't mean the same thing then draw up your own conclusions please. since they came from your fried up brain.

every time i give answers you keep taking me backwards. is that how you performed in school? sad

critical reasoning boy.. use your educated 33% brain. oh sorry, you've exhausted it already. grin

Critical reasoning about my own statements? grin grin grin I should be telling YOU that.

Now, go back to the post that started this. I stated that I defend black South Africans, when the colour of my skin came up for discussion on this forum

When I said "WE", I clearly was referring to the South Africans on this forum. When I said YOU, I clearly was referring to the Naai-gerians on this forum.

If you reject the above, please explain what this statement is in reference to:

YOU CANNOT DIVIDE US ?

May I have a clear answer explaining the above, please. According to your logic and your "critical reasoning" (Naai-gerian standards, acceptable), may I have an articulation of what the words "YOU CANNOT DIVIDE US" mean, then.

____

Once we are done with that, we can then move on to your other rubbish, which there is a lot of.

There is no rush.

I wait...

___

Oh, and then, answer the following:

We are all South African. - Are we not South African? Yes or no, please.

Black and white - we're South African. - Are we not South African? Yes or no, please.

Your attempts to divide us will fail - Will you succeed or have you succeeded? Yes or no, please.

You can't divide us - Can you divide us? Yes or no, please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:
There is no rush.

I wait...
*YAWNS* you are boring me abeg undecided
speak yourself since you are a jobless juvenile.

you are the one that needs to go back since you only read the first line of every post before hurrying to comment. augugust was referring to south africans, not only the SA maggots on this thread.

i resume work tomorrow, so if you are not gonna continue, i take it your society is worse than you've been projecting?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

speak yourself since you are a jobless juvenile. i resume work tomorrow, so if you are not gonna continue, i take it your society is worse than you've been projecting?

That's right. Retreat into your usual uncreative insults. You can tell how intelligent a person is by looking at how he crafts his insults. Your insults are uncrafted. They are as Neanderthal as the best of Naai-geria is. grin grin

You were given a long rope and all day to expose the smallness of your mind and the shortcomings of your intellectual capacity.

Jumping to conclusions and making a fo*l of yourself in the full glare of computer screens.

You remain a Naai-jerian. You have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say to a South African - proof being the above.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

augugust was referring to south africans, not only the SA maggots on this thread.

And then?

Does that then mean that [size=16pt]I[/size] was referring to South Africans not on this thread? This having been your argument for the last hour?

Is this how your logic works? You become more and more Naai-gerian with each "sand-shifting" post. You totally embarrassed yourself (as if the very state of being a Naai-gerian wasn't sufficiently embarrassing already). undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

good news and great intelligence work on the side of the officers who caught him. no room for impersonators grin. thanks
"Impersonating" is what you Nigerians are good at.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

That's right. Retreat into your usual uncreative insults. You can tell how intelligent a person is by looking at how he crafts his insults. Your insults are uncrafted. They are as Neanderthal as the best of Naai-geria is. grin grin

You were given a long rope and all day to expose the smallness of your mind and the shortcomings of your intellectual capacity.

Jumping to conclusions and making a fo*l of yourself in the full glare of computer screens.

You remain a Naai-jerian. You have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say to a South African - proof being the above.

and your refusal to continue makes you what? go back to my previous response and don't be in a hurry next time.

boy, nothing you've said on this thread makes sense. like what you just highlighted.

since when do you judge intelligence by insults? undecided it only shows how much knowledge you lack when all you can do is insult and not pass knowledge in your message.

i now see why you never made sense on this thread. undecided

if you trully want to continue, continue and stop taking me back.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
2smooth2shout:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
so when i decide to post some nice residential places and roads you call it google images. but if i post pictures of ghetto you call it raw. you are a brainless buffoon grin

whats my concern with the cities germans and dutch built for you before granting you independence. am just letting you know a black nation is on the rise and still developing.
Next time you post pictures,please let it be your own self taken pics moro..*n. In terms of infrastructure Nigeria is 20 years behind South Africa,you can only "boast or brag" about La_gay-os or Abuja. Which aren't even close to a city like Durban in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
CraigB:

And then?

Does that then mean that [size=16pt]I[/size] was referring to South Africans not on this thread?

baseless... your defense was for south africans not only on this thread. he referred to south africans and you defended south africans. now you want to shift? are you this STUP1D?

does it mean our arguments on this thread has is limited only to citizens from both sides of this thread?
grow some sense please. it would have been better for you to be quiet than to come up with this rubbish.

you said you would respond to your divisions.. do i smell cold feet

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.