Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,558 members, 7,895,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:26 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4488316 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PatriotZAR: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2013
@Agaugust, Would you do me the honour of making comparisons of your latest british made Gulma UAV to our entirely locally produced Seeker 400 UAV? I cannot find much info on it other than... '' it is powered by 17hp engine... Operates via radio control on a micro pilot FCS avionics System... Maximum altitide of 10 000 feet... Endurance of 5.5hours'
'
Does it have electro-optical/infrared imaging and radar like the Seeker 400? How about an electronic surveillance payload than can detect and locate radar emitters?

I will await your comparison. grin@Agaugust, Would you do me the honour of making comparisons of your latest british made Gulma UAV to our entirely locally produced Seeker 400 UAV? I cannot find much info on it other than... '' it is powered by 17hp engine... Operates via radio control on a micro pilot FCS avionics System... Maximum altitide of 10 000 feet... Endurance of 5.5hours'
'
Does it have electro-optical/infrared imaging and radar like the Seeker 400? How about an electronic surveillance payload than can detect and locate radar emitters?

I will await your comparison. Lol...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PatriotZAR: 11:16am On Dec 20, 2013
Henry120:

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin;DDgringringringringringringringringrin

''If the above would help you sleep well at night. Carry on.''

The above doesn't make me sleep well at night. I find taking a hot shower just before bed to do wonders. You should try it, IF YOU CAN lol..

''Make e no be say "acute badbelleism" for naija con kill you.
''

I do not understand what you just typed. Oh well it must be the Generator fumes, i can only feel sorry of you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nigerian troops kill 13 Boko Haram gunmen

The Nigerian army, which has killed 13 gunmen in a shootout, has repeatedly accused Boko Haram of armed robbery to fund its four-year insurgency.

The Nigerian army says it has killed 13 suspected Boko Haram gunmen in a shootout near the border with Cameroon after an armed robbery at a currency exchange business.

"Our men succeeded in killing 13 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in a shootout near Digil village (in eastern Nigeria), where troops caught up with them after they robbed a bureau de change in Mubi," said Lieutenant Colonel Beyidi Martins, commander of a special army unit in Mubi.

Mubi, a town in Adamawa state, has been hit by a series of attacks blamed on Boko Haram, a radical Islamist group that has killed thousands of people since 2009.

According to traders who witnessed the latest attack, a gang of about 30 gunmen stormed the currency exchange at a local market in the city late Wednesday, killing five traders and carting away money in various currencies before their encounter with the army.

Troops caught up with the fleeing gunmen 25 kilometres away and engaged them in a shootout, killing 13 of them.

"We recovered rifles and stolen cash from the terrorists," Martins said.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/12/20/nigerian-troops-kill-13-boko-haram-gunmen

The Nigerian army has repeatedly accused Boko Haram of armed robbery to fund its four-year insurgency.

In October, around 40 students were killed in Mubi in raids on off-campus student accommodation blamed on Boko Haram.

The military has in the past three weeks imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew in the town after another armed robbery targeting the town's main market.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Troop101: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
PatriotZAR: @Agaugust, Would you do me the honour of making comparisons of your latest british made Gulma UAV to our entirely locally produced Seeker 400 UAV? I cannot find much info on it other than... '' it is powered by 17hp engine... Operates via radio control on a micro pilot FCS avionics System... Maximum altitide of 10 000 feet... Endurance of 5.5hours'
'

I will await your comparison. grin@Agaugust, Would you do me the honour of making comparisons of your latest british made Gulma UAV to our entirely locally produced Seeker 400 UAV? I cannot find much info on it other than... '' it is powered by 17hp engine... Operates via radio control on a micro pilot FCS avionics System... Maximum altitide of 10 000 feet... Endurance of 5.5hours'
'

@Agaugust come make yourself a fool............ Naai head (kop)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
PatriotZAR: @Agaugust, Would you do me the honour of making comparisons of your latest british made Gulma UAV to our entirely locally produced Seeker 400 UAV? I cannot find much info on it other than... '' it is powered by 17hp engine... Operates via radio control on a micro pilot FCS avionics System... Maximum altitide of 10 000 feet... Endurance of 5.5hours'
'

'

http://www.badehaerospacecentre.com.ng/

The above should answer your question.

Give credit where it is due. The Gulma is not an armed UAV, as that will be the natural progression. Trying to ridicule won't get you anywhere as every country has to start from somewhere.

By the way, the 15 NAF UAV pilots have been trained by Nigerian instructors and the Gulma was developed indigenously.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PatriotZAR: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Henry120 & @GeneralJ
Come on! You both are grown lads, there's no need to be fooling each other. I and my fellow compatriots know very well that the Gulma UAV is Amebo. The Gulma UAV is a production model of of the Amebo prototype series. They are not really two different drones.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PatriotZAR: 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
rka1:

http://www.badehaerospacecentre.com.ng/

The above should answer your question.

Give credit where it is due. The Gulma is not an armed UAV, as that will be the natural progression. Trying to ridicule won't get you anywhere as every country has to start from somewhere.

By the way, the 15 NAF UAV pilots have been trained by Nigerian instructors and the Gulma was developed indigenously.

''The above should answer your question''
No, It didnot answer my question. All i need is a comparison, how hard can this be? Or why don't you just provide the full specifications of the drone instead.

''Give credit where it is due. The Gulma is not an armed UAV, as that will be the natural progression..''
The Gulma/Amebo doesn't deserve any kind of credit, rka1. It is a piece of crap! That's it!

''... Trying to ridicule won't get you any where as every country has to start from somewhere.''
Lol.. fellow compatriots, this is rka1's way of just saying the Gulma UAV is piece of crap that no one should brag about.

''15 pilots have been trained by nigerian instructors.''
Let go of the strawman arguments. I have never disputed that.

''Gulma was developed indigenously''
No it was developed indigenously. You had help from Cranfield University aerospace engineers. Without their help there wouldn't be any so called Gulma UAV.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
PatriotZAR:

''The above should answer your question''
No, It didnot answer my question. All i need is a comparison, how hard can this be? Or why don't you just provide the full specifications of the drone instead.

''Give credit where it is due. The Gulma is not an armed UAV, as that will be the natural progression..''
The Gulma/Amebo doesn't deserve any kind of credit, rka1. It is a piece of crap! That's it!

''... Trying to ridicule won't get you any where as every country has to start from somewhere.''
Lol.. fellow compatriots, this is rka1's way of just saying the Gulma UAV is piece of crap that no one should brag about.

''15 pilots have been trained by nigerian instructors.''
Let go of the strawman arguments. I have never disputed that.

No it was developed indigenously. You had help from Cranfield University aerospace engineers. Without their help there wouldn't be any so called Gulma UAV.

You are just like a child throwing tantrums.

The NAF have a long standing collaboration with Cranfield University to train Nigerian Air Force engineers of various disciplines. This is not a secret. Aren't people in Denel foreign and foreign trained initially?

Calling it crap just shows your infantile delusions. It is not for me to make your comparisons, you do it yourself. Compare it with your UAV of similar specifications.

When the Amebo series were being tested, they were flown by UK pilots because the NAF didn't have trained UAV pilots at that time.

There would be a Gulma UAV without Cranfield because the NAF would have sent the engineers elsewhere for the skills just as you did in SA. Anything you produce now was from the help you received initially from outside sources.

We are on our way, whether you like it or not. Go and take a cold shower.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
PatriotZAR:

I will await your comparison. grin@Agaugust, Would you do me the honour of making comparisons of your latest british made Gulma UAV to our entirely locally produced Seeker 400 UAV? I cannot find much info on it other than...

'' it is powered by 17hp engine... Operates via radio control on a micro pilot FCS avionics System... Maximum altitide of 10 000 feet... Endurance of 5.5hours'

Lol...

Troop101: @Agaugust come make yourself a fool............ Naai head (kop)

just like Toyota corolla and camry belong to different categories, Gulma is like a Corolla and Seeker 400 is like a Camry.

nigerian Gulma drone and south african Hungwe drone are both 'Corolla category', they both have almost exactly the same size, shape, and technical specifications of speed,range,altitude,endurance etc.

Gulma is new, and new hardware dont get their full technical details spilled out in one day.

of course Gulma will do the job of a world class drone/UAV as proved from its operational profile, and that gives you an idea of what equipment it carries on board to do those functions below....

Application Areas :

1. Surveillance (Army, Navy, Air Force, Secret Service Intelligence)

2. Policing Operations (Police Force, Road Safety Corp)

3. Disaster Management (Civil Aviation, Airspace Management, Emergency And Disaster Management)

4. Convoy Protection (Presidency, VIPs, XBN, Diplomats)

5. Maritime Patrol (Civil)

6. Pipeline and Powerline Monitoring (Oil & Gas, Nationwide Electricity Grid)

7. Border Patrol (Immigrations And Customs)

8. Forestry/Wildlife (Agriculture & Fire Service)

9. Weather Forecasting (NAMA, NIMET)

10. Telecast (NTA, FRCN)

11. Emerging Uses (Population Census & Nationwide Democratic Elections Monitoring).

SOURCE http://www.badehaerospacecentre.com.ng/#

now above are the eleven different applications of Gulma drone, and that is the best any world class drone can do apart from arming with guns/missiles which can come later.

those eleven functions above will not be performed using some local witchcraft magical mixtures, the eleven can only be done by modern electronic equipment.

did you ever ask seleka rebels how their rifles work ? no, because their rifle does its job of killing south african soldiers.
same with Nigerian Gulma drone, forget about how it works if our air force does not tell you details, because Gulma will do its job of spying on you

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
PatriotZAR:

south african Hungwe drone too is a piece of over-rated crap !!!! tongue

if you want to trade insults about nigerian equipment, i am ready to pay you back in your own coin. you ready for a fight ? cool

PatriotZAR:

Russia helped China to build MiG 21 and later F-7 jet. China helped Pakistan to build JF-17 jet. Israel helped South Africa to build Cheetah jet.

Israel helped South Africa to build nuclear weapons.

ALL South African missile technology in DENEL today came from direct Israeli help/wholesale transfer with training, technology, designs, blue prints, and working engineers all from Israel which South Africa paid for in cash.

so whats your point dude ? ya wanna sling mud ? am a big time mud slinger in case ya didin't know ! angry

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Henry120:

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin;DDgringringringringringringringringrin

If the above would help you sleep well at night. Carry on.

Make e no be say "acute badbelleism" for naija con kill you.

Your shared video did solid bunker-bursting collateral damage to these blockhead South Africans. Seeing they say is believing, yet isn't it strange/funny how they are now in denial under the weight of NAF's demo video?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
PatriotZAR:

Silly Naaigerians !

Silly South Africans !

Second dullest brains in the world according to World Economic Forum Report year 2013.

PatriotZAR:

Lol you don't even trust yourselves to test flight these drones.

We all know why - you don't want them to come crashing down from incompetence just like your F-7 crap aircrafts. Time to buy some new multirole birds, you're an oil rich nation! Oh wait....

The giant of Crap!

Lol your Gripen jet pilots are only a bunch of drunkards who spend their time drinking away their youth and career instead of flying to be competent.

only 6 of them are qualified, the rest of your Gripen jets pilots would have crashed into Shoprite malls and kill innocent p.eople, the only reason we dont see them crashing is because they dont really fly at all and practice combat maneuvers.

Rainbow Drunken Nation tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
zaandrew:

Piza companys are building drones these days. It is not somthing to go wow over most of the tech is comecail of the shelf these days.

it is amazing that now when nigeria builds a new world class drone, south africans say drones are nothing special becasue pizza companies build them cheesy

why did you not say this when @THIZA was posting many nice photos of DENEL drones from page 1 to 900 of this thread ? cheesy

better dont let Gulma Drone k.ill y.ou with envy even before we arm it with a missile cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
zaandrew:

Piza companys are building drones these days. It is not somthing to go wow over most of the tech is comecail of the shelf these days.

look here mister, the country where i live is far more advanced than your over-rated south africa, and it is an old story here that some door to door sales companies dream of using civilian single-role drones to deliver products, NOT a military use type of drone.

show me which Pizza company has built a drone with spare parts off the shelf that has the same eleven functions/uses of nigerian Gulma drone.

i am waiting....fool cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
'

'

Well said bro, surely you can never compare the likes of TATA to the big brands such as BMW's and Mercedes-Benz.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
agaugust:

look here mister, the country where i live is far more advanced than your over-rated south africa, and it is an old story here that some door to door sales companies dream of using drones to deliver products, NOT military use calibre of drones.

show me which Pizza company has build a drone with spare parts off the shelf that has the same eleven functions/uses of nigerian Gulma drone.

i am waiting....fool cheesy

Speak of Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Well said bro, surely you can never compare the likes of TATA to the big brands such as BMW's and Mercedes-Benz.

you spoke too soon, we have replied him and made him realize he is a fool cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Speak of Nigeria.

yes i speak of nigeria, we built Gulma drone and it is world class performing eleven different roles.

what else do you want to hear ? the one we will say that will give you a second heart attack ? you want to d.ie young ? cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

TATA india makes all kinds of cars, show us a south african made car, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are not south african products cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
agaugust:

it is amazing that now when nigeria builds a new world class drone, south africans say drones are nothing special becasue pizza companies build them cheesy

why did you not say this when @THIZA was posting many nice photos of DENEL drones from page 1 to 900 of this thread ? cheesy

better dont let Gulma Drone k.ill y.ou with envy even before we arm it with a missile cheesy

Gulma drone is not a killer drone and will never be. Drones use special kind of missiles which Nigeria does not have.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
agaugust:

TATA india makes all kinds of cars, show us a south african made car, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are not south african products cheesy

Who said they are SA brands? Nobody did say anything like that. I have only wanted to give an example.

BTW, SA assemble BMW's and Mercedes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Gulma drone is not a killer drone and will never be. Drones use special kind of missiles which Nigeria does not have.

Nobody has said Gulma is a killer drone. Read previous posts before you display your continued ignorance. You SAs first said we can't produce a UAV, now it is missiles, then what next when you are all disproved?

You are nothing but desperate trolls. Concentrate on your parade ground SANDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

South Africa assemble BMW's and Mercedes.

with help from who ? you know the answer.....cheesy cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
rka1:

Nobody has said Gulma is a killer drone. Read previous posts before you display your continued ignorance. You SAs first said we can't produce a UAV, now it is missiles, then what next when you are all disproved?

I swear, there is something really wrong with these people( south africans).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
agaugust:

yes i speak of nigeria, we built Gulma drone and it is world class performing eleven different roles.

what else do you want to hear ? the one we will say that will give you a second heart attack ? you want to d.ie young ? cheesy

1 billion likes. Let him continue to wallow in ignorance if he so desires.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Your shared video did solid bunker-bursting collateral damage to these blockhead South Africans. Seeing they say is believing, yet isn't it strange/funny how they are now in denial under the weight of NAF's demo video?

Funny, I tell you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
Henry120:

I swear, there is something really wrong with these people( south africans).

bros na you cause am o grin dia head don blow out of annoyance sey we dey prove dem wrong steady. @augaugust sef just dey play dem like pele grin badt guys wink
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
agaugust:

with help from who ? you know the answer.....cheesy cheesy

That is not important by the way, coz i only wanted to make a similarity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
agaugust:

Nigeria is no where any near being better than SA, even the world know about it. I even thought you were refering to America which you and I know that you dont live in there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
rka1:

Is not me but your fellow countryman who indicated to us that you will arm your drone with missiles.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Is not me but your fellow countryman who indicated to us that you will arm your drone with missiles.

you simply misunderstood that comment because you lack sense of humor. joke's on you dummy tongue

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PatriotZAR: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=agaugust]

''just like Toyota corolla and camry belong to different categories, Gulma is like a Corolla and Seeker 400 is like a Camry.''

How/why does Corolla and Camry belong to different categories? And how would you define these categories?

''nigerian Gulma drone and south african Hungwe drone are both 'Corolla category', they both have almost exactly the same size, shape, and technical specifications of speed,range,altitude,endurance etc.''

How are they both 'corolla category'?
The Hungwe UAV is not 'almost exactly the same' to the Gulma, it is BETTER in all categorial respects of speed, range, altitude, and endurance.

''Gulma is new, and new hardware dont get their full technical details spilled out in one day''

You call GoPro cameras ''New hardware''? lol you're funny dude! I can get a GoPro camera on Amazon or Kalahari at a reasonably cheap price.

''of course Gulma will do the job of a world class drone/UAV as proved from its operational profile, and that gives you an idea of what equipment it carries on board to do those functions below....''

By equipment you mean GoPro cameras and a video camera that even lacks night time capability/Infrared imaging? I'm unimpressed.
We can only hope Boko Boys do not inflict terror at night for Gulma is a blind piece of crap at night.

Application Areas :

1. Surveillance (Army, Navy, Air Force, Secret Service Intelligence)

2. Policing Operations (Police Force, Road Safety Corp)

3. Disaster Management (Civil Aviation, Airspace Management, Emergency And Disaster Management)

4. Convoy Protection (Presidency, VIPs, XBN, Diplomats)

5. Maritime Patrol (Civil)

6. Pipeline and Powerline Monitoring (Oil & Gas, Nationwide Electricity Grid)

7. Border Patrol (Immigrations And Customs)

8. Forestry/Wildlife (Agriculture & Fire Service)

9. Weather Forecasting (NAMA, NIMET)

10. Telecast (NTA, FRCN)

11. Emerging Uses (Population Census & Nationwide Democratic Elections Monitoring).

''now above are the eleven different applications of Gulma drone, and that is the best any world class drone can do apart from arming with guns/missiles which can come later.''

The above are different applications that basic drones are able to do. Unarmed ''world class drones'' have far greater capabilities than your elementary drone, yours is in no way comparable.

''those eleven functions above will not be performed using some local witchcraft magical mixtures, the eleven can only be done by modern electronic equipment.''

Again, there's nothing modern about a very loud 17hp engine with GoPro cameras.

''did you ever ask seleka rebels how their rifles work ? no, because their rifle does its job of killing south african soldiers.
same with Nigerian Gulma drone, forget about how it works if our air force does not tell you details, because Gulma will do its job of spying on you''

Seleka rebels couldn't overun 200 well trained Parabats who inflicted heavy casualties on them. Nigerians would've ran away like they did in Mali. 1500 of our Paratroopers can take on your 3000 AK-47 weilding pathetic Special forces and beat them hands down!
That crap won't come near South African Airspace, it will be shot down!

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.