Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,546 members, 7,895,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 04:29 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4488031 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PatriotZAR: 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
@rka1, I asked for info on Nigerian Airforce Training, NOT the entire History of your Airforce! Come on @rka1.

Please post something along these lines:

''To solo on the Gripen should typically take new pilots FIVE YEARS, 2 Squadron's operation officer, Lt.Col Musa ''Midnite'' Mbhokota told journalists in October... This includes Basic Military Training(Three Months), Officers Forming Course( a further three months), the Military Academy(One year) and basic piloting training(One Year). The latter includes 150hours on the Pilatus PC7 MKII. Next follows some 390hours on the Hawk at 85 CFS before posting to 2 Squadron where conversion to the Gripen takes place... Six weeks in the Classroom followed by 70hours on the Squadron Level Missiom Trainer( Flight Simulation), then 70hours on the aircraft. Both periods include 30hours of conversion training, 20hours of Air Warfare training, then lastly six sorties to Solo''
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PatriotZAR: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
rka1: @PatriotZAR:

@rka1: ''The below is from a UAV Pilot;

Me: You know this how? The commenter does not identify himself as a Gulma UAV Pilot.

@rka1: "The Gulma series project was borne by NAF’s vision at Optimizing Local Engineering (OLE), developing aviation technology in Nigeria using 100% Nigerians and within Nigeria as much as possible – Indigenous is the key word. @Crystal Aerospace cleared thoroughly on the wealth of experience of the NAF team working on the Gulma."

Me: Hehe..There's a reason why you omitted the first part of his comment. He's a fraud. He says, '' There are quite a handful of engineers and researchers from the Amebo team that's on the Gulma project.'' Well we know this to be wrong because the Gulma is borne out of the Amebo project. There are no two separate drone projects. The Gulma is a descendant of the Amebo prototypes built by the same people.

@rka1"The black camera on board has a tau 640 IR sensor. The drone can operate day and night and has one of the best autopilots on-board. The aircraft was designed by an Air Force team made of 8 PhDs (all trained at Cranfield University UK) plus over 30 Officers with MSc in Aerospace Vehicle design, all from Cranfield University UK. The process from concept to test flight was over 80,000 man hours of work. Guys, let’s learn to appreciate good things"

Me: On his earlier post he/she says, 'Amebo was a joint project between the Air Force and Cranfield University UK. Gulma from concept to design to manufacture has NO FOREIGN PARTS.''

Really? Do you agree?

And he never provides a source that ''camera on board has a tau 640 IR sensor. The drone can operate day and night and has one of the best autopilots on-board...''

Not only is he self-contraditory; but he doesn't even bother to post a source. The burden is upon you to provide a source on his behalf seeing as how you brought him up.

https://beegeagle./2013/12/18/nigeria-unveil-first-indigenous-unmanned-aerial-vehicle-gulma-designed-and-constructed-by-the-nigerian-air-force/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:32am On Dec 23, 2013
PatriotZAR:

@#??@#^^()?<>@###?

your meaningless post is better written the way i helped you to 'interpret' it above .

you will get one simple answer, one of the engineers who built Gulma drone for nigeria has given you technical specifications/data, if you doubt him and want more details, go and consult the most powerful herbalist/sangoma oracle is soweto for more details, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:05am On Dec 23, 2013
souldust:

what is this "gateway" all about? Whats the implication of it being in SA?

gateways for satellite telecoms will work like GSM base stations that are spread over a city to transfer/connect/forward signals/messages from source point to final destination point.

could be used for telecommunication satellites, but would not be needed for earth observation satellites that just take pictures of locations.

i dont know any source that says nigeria has satellite gateways in south africa, it may just be a story south africans cook up because we have embarrassed them with the fact that they dont have any satellite cheesy

i cannot say if the gateway thing about nigeria is true or false.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:21am On Dec 23, 2013
.[size=14pt]
fresh rebellion in south sudan as coup turns to war...new african civilian refugees...
.[/size]

i have reliable information from a south sudanese citizen who informed me in a closed door meeting a few weeks ago that he just returned to the U.S. from home and that the current president is massively looting the nations oil wealth.

i advised him to encourage their few patriotic army officers to plan a coup detat and overthrow their president.

he told me it will be difficult because the current corrupt president has 'settled' all the powerful military commanders with stolen sudanese oil money.

i told him they should get mercenaries and flush the guy out in a coup or else he should shut up and stop complaining to me.

two weeks later the coup came up and failed as he said, but it is turning into a civil war now.

maybe my advice was bad, maybe...but i did not contribute to any coup plan, i only advised it as a patriotic african.

they must have been planning thier coup before i told the guy to phone home base and ask some patriotic veterans to mobilize.

i dont have input in anybody's coup plot, but i i believe south sudan needs a coup before another mobutu sese seko arises there.

now i see civilian refugees flooding the streets of south sudan, running for dear life.

soon now the R.aping of these helpless sudanese girls and women may start as usual in african wars.

nigeria was complaining before that the arab sudanese are R.aping black sudanese women and young girls, and k.illing their men and boys in genocide.

i dont even know what to write again, now that we the blacks are now the ones R.aping and k.illing ourselves in sudan.

what is the problem with us africans, dont we ever learn any lessons ?

that foolish AfroArab girl will be laughing at us now.

foolish south sudanese mofos ! oil and gas was supposed to make your country rich like Libya, thats why we nigerians laboured so hard to help you get independence....now your oil and gas is your doom and destruction....foolish sudanese mofos !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:54am On Dec 23, 2013
The uselessness of the Naai-gerian military. Now, this loser military has outdone itself. shocked

Boko Haram kidnaps soldiers’ wives, children in Borno

The army on Saturday launched a manhunt in Abbaram, Borno State, for suspected fighters of the Boko Haram sect, who had reportedly kidnapped soldiers’ wives and children during the Friday attack on an army barracks nearby town of Bama.

The suspected Boko Haram fighters had stormed the barracks in the town of Bama early on Friday, spraying it with bullets before torching the compound.

Agence France Presse reports that several Bama residents said the Boko Haram gunmen fled to the nearby village of Abbaram after the attack, where the military sent hundreds of troops on Saturday.

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-kidnaps-soldiers-wives-children-in-borno/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2013
agaugust:

gateways for satellite telecoms will work like GSM base stations that are spread over a city to transfer/connect/forward signals/messages from source point to final destination point.

could be used for telecommunication satellites, but would not be needed for earth observation satellites that just take pictures of locations.

i dont know any source that says nigeria has satellite gateways in south africa, it may just be a story south africans cook up because we have embarrassed them with the fact that they dont have any satellite cheesy

i cannot say if the gateway thing about nigeria is true or false.

It seems as if you know little about how satellites work. Satellites need servers (gateways) to funtion optimally, be it of anything, including taking images.

Read the link below to see that your gateways are located in SA, China, Italy and Northern Nigeria.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2007/05/nigeria-nigcomsat-gateway-to-digitalising-africa/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Most of sub-saharan African countries receive their network from SA. A gateway is a source of network or router in simple language.
about ten years ago when i use to go to cyber cafes and when cyber cafes were every where in Nigeria, i know some people took their network from SA but most were from the US, italy and Israel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

It seems as if you know little about how satellites work. Satellites need servers (gateways) to funtion optimally, be it of anything, including taking images.

Read the link below to see that your gateways are located in SA, China, Italy and Northern Nigeria.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2007/05/nigeria-nigcomsat-gateway-to-digitalising-africa/

is Northern Nigeria different from Nigeria?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

That is very true, one of your gateway for Nigcomsat is located in SA.

I can authoritatively guarantee a kid like you that there is no such gateway in South Africa. The onus to prove me wrong resides with your willingness to tell us where in SA it is located. There is a difference between submarine fibre optic cable landing points/gateways and satellite communication gateway! There are many submarine fibre optics cable landing points and gateways across Africa's coastline also landing in Europe and Asia.

Please prove me wrong, otherwise remain with comments above and below:

The satellite has four gateways to be located in South Africa, China, Italy and Northern Nigeria.

Take your time to read the above excerpt from your shared link.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:59am On Dec 23, 2013
souldust:

is Northern Nigeria different from Nigeria?

"South Africa , China, Italy and Northern Nigeria", said the article. And there won't be any meaningful work in Northern Naai-geria this decade. Not with the Naai-gerian military's dismal stuff-up of its operation, there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:08am On Dec 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

I can authoritatively guarantee a kid like you that there is no such gateway in South Africa. The onus to prove me wrong resides with your willingness to tell us where in SA it is located. There is a difference between submarine fibre optic cable landing points/gateways and satellite communication gateway! There are many submarine fibre optics cable landing points and gateways across Africa's coastline also landing in Europe and Asia.

Please prove me wrong, otherwise remain with comments above and below:

Take your time to read the above excerpt from your shared link.

And I can guarantee you that there's no such functional or healthy gateway in Northern Naai-geria either.

The point of the post was to explain how satellites work - and the fact that South Africa and the other locations had been considered is enough.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:12am On Dec 23, 2013
Stupid boy! I was even hoping you'd be talking about satelite relay and base stations being located in SA but here you are talking your kak about servers! You well at all? Look up Main One, Glo-1, WACS and SAT3 landing points/gateways. Stop fooling around.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Stupid boy! I was even hoping you'd be talking about satelite relay and base stations being located in SA but here you are talking your kak about servers! You well at all? Look up Main One, Glo-1, WACS and SAT3 landing points/gateways. Stop fooling around.

Don't give us useless noise. I won't be looking anything up. Show us the healthy gateway in Northern Naai-geria. Failing that, your very existence is a big, washout waste.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:18am On Dec 23, 2013
This is where the useless Naai-gerian military personnel gave up their wives and children to Boko Haram. cry

It doesn't get more pathetic than this.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2013
CraigB: This is where the useless Naai-gerian military personnel gave up their wives and children to Boko Haram. cry

It doesn't get more pathetic than this.

My friend this is really not a joke anymore. I have also seen that on the news. The second most powerful military in Africa (source: Agaugust's rankings) have really suffered a collateral damage at the hands of insugents. They have had several soldiers killed and their wives and children kidnapped, probably even r.aped as we speak, but the army is keeping mum about the whole ordeal. There is indeed a serious problem going on in that country of denial.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Stupid boy! I was even hoping you'd be talking about satelite relay and base stations being located in SA but here you are talking your kak about servers! You well at all? Look up Main One, Glo-1, WACS and SAT3 landing points/gateways. Stop fooling around.

It seems as if you dont even know what a gateway is. All gateways that are connecting Africa to Europe are located in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2013
And an infantile CrazePig for want of something to say is only able to express more of his chronic stupidity? Sadly he and his dumb FighterPilot know nothing about Satellites. They fail to understand that making spurious and silly points seriously exposes their porous nyash! Nigeria's Satellites are doing their rounds in orbit and are fully functioning, controlled and manned from our ground control station. Ask or beg nicely to get a piece of our satellite's functionality/action and we may site the gateway to fulfill SA's satellite cravings!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

My friend this is really not a joke anymore. I have also seen that on the news. The second most powerful military in Africa (source: Agaugust's rankings) have really suffered a collateral damage at the hands of insugents. They have had several soldiers killed and their wives and children kidnapped, probably even r.aped as we speak, but the army is keeping mum about the whole ordeal. There is indeed a serious problem going on in that country of denial.

They should simply ask for help.

Their military leadership doesn't even know whether they want to be politicians or military men. Jonathan has all but accepted that the violence has escalated.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:40am On Dec 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: And an infantile CrazePig for want of something to say is only able to express more of his chronic stupidity? Sadly he and his dumb FighterPilot know nothing about Satellites. They fail to understand that making spurious and silly points seriously exposes their porous nyash! Nigeria's Satellites are doing their rounds in orbit and are fully functioning, controlled and manned from our ground control station. Ask or beg nicely to get a piece of our satellite's functionality/action and we may site the gateway to fulfill SA's satellite cravings!

More useless noise. No evidence. As expected.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

It seems as if you dont even know what a gateway is. All gateways that are connecting Africa to Europe are located in SA.

If you had known the meaning of a gateway or tried to educate yourself from my direct comment and response to you, you'd not have responded in this manner! The topic is about Nigeria's satellite gateways and so far there isn't anything credible you have offered to sustain your dubious claim.

Until you can tell between a submarine fibre optic gateway and satellite gateway, just shut up! BTW, my comment above still stands!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: And an infantile CrazePig for want of something to say is only able to express more of his chronic stupidity? Sadly he and his dumb FighterPilot know nothing about Satellites. They fail to understand that making spurious and silly points seriously exposes their porous nyash! Nigeria's Satellites are doing their rounds in orbit and are fully functioning, controlled and manned from our ground control station. Ask or beg nicely to get a piece of our satellite's functionality/action and we may site the gateway to fulfill SA's satellite cravings!

I think the only person who knows nothing about satellites is you. I live in a country which is very advanced in Engineering, Science and Technology. Satellites require servers (gateways) from which to access network, or do you think satellites are controlled manually from the ground to orbit the earth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2013
CraigB:

More useless noise. No evidence. As expected.

A pig will always be a pig! All mud and no decency! All stupidity and no sense! Deluded by the smell from his piggy pout!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:03am On Dec 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

A pig will always be a pig! All mud and no decency! All stupidity and no sense! Deluded by the smell from his piggy pout!

Perhaps, is your amadioha that controls your satellites for you on the ground.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

I think the only person who knows nothing about satellites is you. I live in a country which is very advanced in Engineering, Science and Technology.

And how does your comment respond to the points I have made to teach you how not to be stupi.d and fraudulent? Even tiny BENIN REPUBLIC is host to several submarine fibre optic gateways, talk less of Angola or even Nigeria. Question still remains ... where is our Nigcomsat gateway located in SA?

Until you acquaint yourself with my comment above you remain a fool today!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:09am On Dec 23, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

If you had known the meaning of a gateway or tried to educate yourself from my direct comment and response to you, you'd not have responded in this manner! The topic is about Nigeria's satellite gateways and so far there isn't anything credible you have offered to sustain your dubious claim.

Until you can tell between a submarine fibre optic gateway and satellite gateway, just shut up! BTW, my comment above still stands!

There is a huge difference between submarine cables, which have recently installed by MTN and satellite gateways. There is a huge difference between satellite network and Cable network.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:09am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You are useless. There are 36 states in Nigeria and war on terror is only affecting one which is not contributing anything to the Nigerian economy.

And your stup1d brain calls it serious. Serious enough to make Nigerian economy overtake SA by next year? Serious enough to make Nigeria the country with the highest FDI in Africa this year and next?

You and you fellow south sad Africans are just a bunch of clueless and ignorant 1diots that don't know anything outside SA.

Carry on. Ode

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:14am On Dec 23, 2013
chris365:

You are useless. There are 36 states in Nigeria and war on terror is only affecting one which is not contributing anything to the Nigerian economy.

And your stup1d brain calls it serious. Serious enough to make Nigerian economy overtake SA by next year? Serious enough to make Nigeria the country with the highest FDI in Africa this year and next?

You and you fellow south sad Africans are just a bunch of clueless and ignorant 1diots that don't know anything outside SA.

Carry on. Ode

You care more about economy than the victims who are law abiding citizens of Nigeria and yet continue to lose their lives for nothing. It doesnt matter if is affecting 3 states in Nigeria or not, but still it is happenning in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:15am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Perhaps, is your amadioha that controls your satellites for you on the ground.

Making a joke of yourself will not serve as an escape for your stupidity today! I'm sure you'd rather have a tokoloshe or sangoma control our satellites since you've got none in SA to control! Your loud mouths must be gateways for churning out crass stupidity day in and day out.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You care more about economy than the victims who are law abiding citizens of Nigeria and yet continue to lose their lives for nothing. It doesnt matter if is affecting 3 states in Nigeria or not, but still it is happenning in Nigeria.

The tables are turning on all sides of your previous arguments on the wide range of points ever treated on this thread ... economic, political, military, etc., hence you think Chris365's comment is out of place? Welcome 2014!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:22am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Never mind the total stûpidity of his comment. This war against terror is funded by aliens from outer space, then?

And the total leadership time that continues to be spent managing this fiasco is nothing to worry about?

Naai-gerians are "smart".

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Will you please just shut up already. So are south Africans that get killed everyday(a murder rate still higher than Nigeria with boko haram) not law abiding citizens? You are really stup1d.

No one has denied the problem in borno, but for you to open you gutter and say it is very serious just make you ignorant.

Terrorism cannot be defeated anywhere in the world. It can be controlled to the barest minimum which Nigeria has achieved.
Algeria till today still gets hit by AQIM, but you can't deny there progress in containing the animals.

Please enlighten yourself before exposing your foolishness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.