Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,148 members, 7,970,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:20 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (73748 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2010
Tatase:

I don't know if you guys saw in July, when out of the blue Lilian Thuram (in one of his continually desperate attempts to remain relevant through controversy) took it upon himself to bash Evra saying Evra was not a worthy captain, he should never play for France again, has no respect, is responsible for increasing racism in France, blah blah blah.

Evra's priceless response yesterday:

"He sullied my name without knowing what happened. Lilian thinks he's the new coach, president of the FFF and president of France.
He said that Les Blues are contributing to increasing racism. It is time that Lilian stops playing a role that isn't his to play. Walking around with books on slavery in glasses and a hat does not turn you into Malcolm X."

Meow!

Just when I think I couldn't love Evra anymore, he becomes an inch more perfect. Very well said, I feel!

Classic grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Tatase(f): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^^^
I know!!!!!!!!! That's the best line ever!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2010
Evra is my new hero

so SAF has dragged his feet and now Barca wants to get Ozil?

stewpid
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Tatase(f): 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2010
tkb417:

Evra is my new hero

so[b] SAF has dragged his feet[/b] and now Barca wants to get Ozil?

stewpid

So what's new?! Everyone else just decides they want to buy a player and gets them, our own is always different. There must always be a long-drawn out drama to it. Watch Barca get Ozil at a steal (isn't it only like 12mil or something) and then 2 years down the line we'll be struggling to buy him at some exorbitant price. Meanwhile the likes of Smalling will keep infiltrating our team. Sometimes honestly SAF makes me want to just cry.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2010
I don't particularly think Ozil will fit into our system unless we build the team around him and change the way we play completely.
The team is built around Wayne right now and that's the way it will be for a while.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2010
Reds Agree Deal for Striker

Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Portuguese club Vitoria de Guimaraes for the purchase of 20-year-old striker Tiago Manuel Dias Correia (better known as "Bebe"wink for an undisclosed fee, subject to a successful medical in Manchester later this week.

Personal terms have been agreed with the Cacém-born (Portugal) forward.

[img]http://picsrv.manutd.com/?fif=/manu/img_10_35965_3130.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=500[/img]

[img]http://picsrv.manutd.com/?fif=/manu/img_10_35964_7880.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=500[/img]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
That's a very bizarre and out of the blue signing.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2010
Mr_TA:

That's a very bizarre and out of the blue signing.

Welcome to the world of FERGIE.

P.S - Chicharito scores again for Mexico against Spain.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ice234: 12:24am On Aug 12, 2010
who the hell is bebe. heard on euro spoort man utd just brought him
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ice234: 12:26am On Aug 12, 2010
portuguese dont make good striker so y buyin him
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by DrKitaun(m): 2:40am On Aug 12, 2010
Evra is a dolt! Who does he think he is? He should have apologized for his puerile rants and actions, now he has shown he is never gonna be a good leader. Their outing at this WC is worse than 8 yrs ago.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 7:24am On Aug 12, 2010
If Sagamite see the guy he would say he is older than 20
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 12, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Evra is a dolt! Who does he think he is? He should have apologized for his puerile rants and actions, now he has shown he is never gonna be a good leader. Their outing at this WC is worse than 8 yrs ago.
Em,I don't quite agree on the above-highlighted.
It's viewed that way because of the events off the field.Otherwise in Japan/South Korea, they didn't even manage to score with their plethora of stars then.
@tkb,
If this Beb signing goes through,then we can kiss the Ozil signing goodbye.
I only hope the impending Barca move doesn't screw up his career like it is already looking like doing.
But like I said,Fergie rarely signs players on World Cup cred alone.It looks bizzare,cus I've never heard of the guy before.He's not even rated in Portugal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by 4Play(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2010
Evra should keep his mouth shut. It seems he has a case of logorrhea.

I heard this Portuguese guy can play in midfield. We still need an established midfielder like Ozil to the cut the dependence on the oldies like Scholes. Haven't lost hope yet that we can sign him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 10:32am On Aug 12, 2010
^^ I agree.

For someone who has only recently become captain, he must take blame for the abysmal behaviour of the squad. Instead of doing that, he's insulting people and being generally classless.

Not surprised really - with Beckham's moronic retaliation against Simione, Rooney's idiotic rant at the fans, and now Evra's teen-LovePeddler induced babbling, there must be a special 'how to screw up at a world cup' course on offer at Utd. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by v3: 11:55am On Aug 12, 2010
Please join in and wish Dayokanu a happy birthday

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-495912.0.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
debosky:

Not surprised really - with Beckham's moronic retaliation against Simione, Rooney's idiotic rant at the fans, and now Evra's teen-LovePeddler induced babbling, there must be a special 'how to screw up at a world cup' course on offer at Utd. tongue
Would rather have those than a spineless side with no trophy ambitions.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2010
Eastbay:

Would rather have those than a spineless side with no trophy ambitions.

The spineless side that had two players in the finals and actually had one lift the WC. . . .yeah I agree.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by v3: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2010
debosky:

The spineless side that had two players in the finals and actually had one lift the WC. . . .yeah I agree.
DEATHBLOW! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
Aslong as they are lifting trophies for man utd and regularly spanking Arsenal. its all good. Why should man utd fans care anymore than that?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
debosky:

No, it's more like
a spineless side that can't beat the likes of Wigan and Blackburn at the home-stretch of a title race;or
A spineless side that can't manage to win a trophy in the space of 5 years
Ok.
From you flawed logic,any side that produced a player in the World cup final is not spineless.There you go equating international football with club footie.If so,Lens should be a side that should be reckoned with since Alou Diarra played in 2006 for France in the Final.Same goes for Villareal for Juan Capdevilla for 2010 finals,Man City for Nigel de Jong in the same 2010,Feyenoord for van Bronkhorst (2010),Hamburg SV for Eljero Elia,Gremio for Branco in 1994,Auxerre for Stephane Guivarc'h in 1998,Flamengo for Junior Baiano in 1998, Monaco for Fabien Barthez in 1998 or Yokohama Flugels for Cesar Sampaio in 1998.
Besides Fabregas was a 106th minute sub.He wasn't good enough to even be a sub in regulation tim
You need Jesus,for real.Or you forgot to take your pills this morning.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
Note - I responded in one line and didn't question your 'spineless' assertion, all I said was that the 'spineless' side had two WC finalists while your 'spineful' side had none, i.e. a statement of fact. wink

Who was talking about club performances here? I think you need to see Dr. Kit for some codeine visine treatment.

I simply talked about the propensity of Utd players to be complete idiots at the WC, not their club performances. If you prefer to have idiots in your side, that is your preference.

Even if Cesc was a sub, he's experienced what 99% of Utd players will never experience in their lifetimes. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
All syntax,no meaning from debosky as usual.
Guy, Arsenal is a spineless side.You said a spineless side produced two players in a world cup final.And I brought you about 10 clubs with the same achievement -meaning it's no big deal to have players in a world cup final.
So if you want to equate that to United not having any players in a World Cup final,you know you're going nowhere.
And you're yet to answer my definition of a spineless club:losing to Wigan and Blackburn.That was originally the bone of contention before you moved the goalpost with your worthless point.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by codedguy1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
@ Dobo

You shud be ashamed of yourself, having erections over your club player playing in a world cup final.

Is that what will bring trophies to your spineless club.

you want to attract/equate the success of your player in his national team to your club. I dont understand how fabregas lifting the world cup equates to success for Assanal tongue

Its a pathetic and a clumsy attempt at trying to make your worthless club have some semblance of having a trophy.

mchewwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2010
v3:

DEATHBLOW! grin
Meaning what?
Coming from a supposed Mod,this is shocking.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Tatase(f): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2010
France's outing at the world cup was deliciously bad (particularly since i deeply dislike the French team- with the exception of Beloved Evra), it was even worse than ours. We were practically organized and well-adjusted in comparison.

If Manchester United players (such as Beckham and Rooney) are to be accused of letting passion get in the way of good sense on the pitch, then I agree they are guilty. But still better someone who cares even in a silly way than ambivalence when things go wrong (Yakubu, anyone?)

As for Evra, that was a different situation entirely. He was the captain, yes, and he DID apologize to the french people immediately post-WC AND he did explain everything in the same interview in which he accurately addressed Thuram's foolish dig. There was a context and he was only the captain. Yes, the team leader, but it's hardly a dictatorship.

If you read French, the full article is here: http://www.lefigaro.fr/sport/2010/08/08/02001-20100808ARTFIG00197-patrice-evra-j-ai-mis-tout-mon-c339ur-voila-le-resultat.php . Unfortunately I can't find a full version in english (but can probably be free-translated through google or something).

The salient points are that Evra DID try his best, and did his duty as a captain. Regarding the things that happened, he tried to talk to Domenech and his assistant about the players complaints before things escalated to no avail; he tried to calm his teammates down and in fact pre-WC convinced some to stay when they wanted to leave after seeing the BS set-up Domenech was running; he was the one who defused the Domenech-Anelka fight at half-time; he did get Anelka to agree to apologize to Domenech in private (though not in public since Anelka planned to sue for being misquoted in the press); he was ready to go to the bat for his team and read the statement about their training boycott and bus revolution which was a team-consensed action except that Domenech decided that he would be the one to read it; even when players were disillusioned by team selection etc he continued to tell his teammates to just try to continue to work hard; he gave a national apology to his country and said that the blame does mostly rest on the players who should have given more; even when things weren't going well, he still tried to be optimistic for his team etc.

I don't really know what else he could have done given the situation. It was bigger than one person and the issues weren't simple. Which captain would have done more than that or up to that?

Re: our new signing,

Where do we keep finding these randoms Well hopefully he works out!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2010
coded guy:

@ Dobo
You shud be ashamed of yourself, having erections over your club player playing in a world cup final.

Is that what will bring trophies to your spineless club.

you want to attract/equate the success of your player in his national team to your club. I dont understand how fabregas lifting the world cup equates to success for Assanal tongue

Its a pathetic and a clumsy attempt at trying to make your worthless club have some semblance of having a trophy.

mchewwwwwwwwwwwww
Leave the guy jor. . .voyeurism abound in the Gaynner's camp.When a side that has done nothing for the past 5 years except manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory has a lean and pathetic summer,they will do anything to get their manliness.s up.That's why debosky is now a disciple of DK's theory on world cup finals.Like Internationals had any direct relationship with club football.
Then he'll come here throwing all the big words and trying to appear like he's intelligent when we all know the true state of his mind.
Yes,Fabregas won the world cup (albeit as an apprentice),but when we tried to attach Henry's handball against Ireland in the play-off game,they were the same ones who were saying we wanted to paint Arsenal black for any reason.
Hypocrites.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2010
Eastbay:

All syntax,no meaning from debosky as usual.
Guy, Arsenal is a spineless side.You said a spineless side produced two players in a world cup final.And I brought you about 10 clubs with the same achievement -meaning it's no big deal to have players in a world cup final.
So if you want to equate that to United not having any players in a World Cup final,you know you're going nowhere.
And you're yet to answer my definition of a spineless club:losing to Wigan and Blackburn.That was originally the bone of contention before you moved the goalpost with your worthless point.

Ok - we are spineless. Fact

A spineless team like Arsenal has a world cup winner and two finalists. Fact

It is not a 'big deal' yet Utd doesn't have any. Fact

Can we move on?

PS - The original comment had nothing to do with Wigan and Blackburn - it was all about idiotic behaviour by Utd players at the world cup. You attempted to make it into a spineless discussion.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
Coded free me jare.

Can't I comment about Utd's players' stupidity again? What is the world coming to if you can't discuss the idiocy of players at the WC?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by codedguy1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2010
debosky:

Coded free me jare.

Can't I comment about Utd's players' stupidity again? What is the world coming to if you can't discuss the idiocy of players at the WC?

Let me free you after this grin grin

World cup happens once in 4 years, na u suppose free the guys jor.

why not we talk about Wengers idiotic strategies that have fetched Assanal trophilessness for 5 consecutive years grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2010
coded guy:

Let me free you after this grin grin

World cup happens once in 4 years, na u suppose free the guys jor.

why not we talk about Wengers idiotic strategies that have fetched Assanal trophilessness for 5 consecutive years grin
GBIM!
Viewer,any response?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2010
Feel free to do so. . . I don't have a problem with that, just don't get so sensitive and try to turn the tables when we're discussing the follies of your beloved scumtwats. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.