Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,148 members, 7,970,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:22 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (73749 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by codedguy1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2010
debosky:

Feel free to do so. . . I don't have a problem with that, just don't get so sensitive and try to turn the tables when we're discussing the follies of your beloved scumtwats. wink

we can take a count to see whose players engage in follies as if it helps their morale.

we all know how many times your player speak and even here on NL, members beg em to shut up.

Shud i list them.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2010
Why una dey attack Arsenal now? Dont infringe on their fundamental club right to remain lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
coded guy:

we can take a count to see whose players engage in follies as if it helps their morale.

we all know how many times your player speak and even here on NL, members beg em to shut up.

Shud i list them.

List them - we know Arshavin talks, but someone who scores 4 goals at Anfield in one game has earned the right. tongue

Eastbay:

GBIM!
Viewer,any response?

If you want to talk Arsenal, go to the hallowed thread to do so - this is the land of the scum, so obviously the focus is on the daft commentary often run by scumtwats in World Cups.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2010
so united have done it again, gone under the radar and bought another unknown young striker. i think its getting a bit too much now, i mean at this time last season we did the same thing with mame biram diouf and he has not exactly turned out to be the star we were hoping, and this guy Bebe was supposedly signed for around 7 mil pounds and we here that wolfsburg want 12 for Ozil, i mean its a no brainer that Ozil is much better value for money at that price,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2010
The same way they went under the radar to buy Manucho who instantly became the black Pele
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2010
^ talkless of Dong Fangzhou
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2010
Liam Miller nko?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2010
Every team have their fair share of duds. Its pretty normal for one of the most successful british sides of all time. They obviously dont out weigh the great players that have been at the club and not harmed the club that much in terms of success. So for that reason alone SAF always deserves the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 13, 2010
debosky:

List them - we know Arshavin talks, but someone who scores 4 goals at Anfield in one game has earned the right. tongue
And your point isArshavin looks more stupid for talking the way he does,in spite of his feat at Anfield (which by the way seems to be the only thing he's done since coming over to Gayy-Land.It's a stretch to say he's earned the right to say whatever he wants just because of a performance that will probably never happen again.Are you saying he's untouchable?
debosky:

If you want to talk Arsenal, go to the hallowed thread to do so - this is the land of the scum, so obviously the focus is on the daft commentary often run by scumtwats in World Cups.
Viewer,I can say whatever I want about your spineless side wherever I want. It's not a hard-and-fast rule that all things Arsenal must be said on the Arsenal thread.Besides,I don't bother to go there,with your type all over the place.There are lots of people who need growing up on that thread.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by lordimpaq(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2010
where in heaven's name is sauron a.k.a jackal
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 8:43am On Aug 13, 2010
U people shd allow gaynners celebrate spains success

The last time I checked, Spain won the WC, Arsenal did not and oh yeah, this section of sports only talk about club footie and not internations
Let them celebrate! Very soon, they will celebrate Cesc winning euro cup as a Barca player
Lololol just like some of them celebrated Henry when he won UCL as a Barca player

What a hopeless lot

@Sir Alex Ferguson
Are u stewpid sir?
I tot Ozil was going for a paltry 12milla?
Why spend 7milla on a player in the mould of Diouf and Welbeck?
If we needed a striker, why did we loan out Welbeck?
We need someone to help Scholes if he gets injured cos Carrick is a waste

How many times do u want me to say this Baba?
Don't let me come over there and beat u up o!!!

Get Ozil and close shop

@Chamotex
Why do we have to build the team around Ozil? Did the Germans build the team around him?
Do you know how Ozil plays?

He can fit in anywhere behind the strikers and he definitely can understudy/support scholesy in d middle
I don't want to be @ the mercy of Carrick this season. If Carrick does well, fine; if he decides to mess up, then guys like Ozil can help out

I don't want a repetition of that Bayern debacle, I've not gotten over it
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2010
And Hernandez scores again against Spain

The boi won't stop scoring
My money is on him to score tmr

So guys, what's the predo for tmr?

UTD 4 Newcastle 1
Berba, Valencia, Rooney and Hernandez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2010
tkb417:

And Hernandez scores again against Spain

The boi won't stop scoring
My money is on him to score[b] tmr[/b]
So guys, what's the predo for[b] tmr[/b]?

UTD 4 Newcastle 1
Berba, Valencia, Rooney and Hernandez
Bros,
You are playing on Monday.
and my predo
UTD 0 Newcastle 3
Caroll, Campbell(2) tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2010
tkb417:

And to your predo? If that happens, ill become a Reverend Father
Be careful what you say. tongue
This page has been bookmarked grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2010
SAF has told a press conference that this Bebe chap is a winger and can play on both wings.

Makes a little more sense i guess.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2010
This is a gamble without a doubt - if it's true he hasn't played a full season in Portugal, paying such a fee for him is risky.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2010
I don't want a repetition of that Bayern debacle, I've not gotten over it

More to come
tkb417:

Monday?
Are they on drugs?
Bullchit!!

And to your predo? If that happens, ill become a Reverend Father

Hope you know a Reverend father stays away from sex., I am sure you would rather die than not chop Igbin Mr Igbinedion cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bebe for 7m is a risk anyway you put it
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Bebe for 7m is a risk anyway you put it
Even as a United fan,I agree with you on this one.It's a huge gamble on a guy who's not played at top level for his former club.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by aieromon(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
What's up with SAF and strikers?Does he realise that we've got two injured midfielders
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2010
This sounds just like the waste of money that Citeh engaged in over De Jong who was available six months later for less.

In this case Bebe was available for free just a couple of months ago now Utd pay 7m? Hope he's not worth it. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
The new season is nearly upon us and Off The Ball will be scratching around the underbelly of professional football for some bizarre and often inexplicable revelations every step of the way.

This week, we have Manchester United spending £7.4 million on some bloke from the Portuguese third division,
Fergie signs unknown £7.4m striker

In what must surely be some sort of effort to outdo Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger in the obscure-signing stakes, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson pulled off a bona fide shock this week when he signed a homeless striker from the Portuguese lower leagues for £7.4 million.

Okay, so Bebe - full name Tiago Manuel Dias Correia - is no longer without a roof over his head but he was raised in an orphanage after spending part of his childhood on the streets and represented Portugal in the homeless World Cup.

Even more shocking is the news that just five weeks ago, before he signed for Portuguese Liga outfit Vitoria in early July, he was available on a free transfer after third division side Estrela Amadora failed to pay his wages.

£7.4 million! That would be enough to sign Germany World Cup star Mezut Ozil from Werder Bremen, but it seems Fergie has been reading too much Oliver Twist

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=813926&sec=global&root=global&cc=5901
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mamagee3(f): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2010
dayokanu:

More to come
Hope you know a Reverend father stays away from sex., I am sure you would rather die than not  chop Igbin Mr Igbinedion  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you serious?

I know of a convent in which the sisters in there have children and are all mothers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2010
Is that a Mormon convent?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2010
@DK
What the hell is igbin and wht d fck is igbinedion?

@ Topic
I hope the guy doesn't get work permit cos SAF is becoming a lunatic
Get Ozil and stop fckin about
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
tkb417:

@DK
What the hell is igbin and wht d fck is igbinedion?

@ Topic
I hope the guy doesn't get work permit cos SAF is becoming a lunatic
Get Ozil and stop fckin about

An European player from the EU doesn't need a work permit.

And yeah, Ozil wouldn't fit well into our system in my opinion . . . . I'm so sure of that.
SAF is not a dunce.

BTW, Bebe is not a striker . . . . more like an attacking midfielder and I think he was bought for the future.
SAF bought him now cos of the interest from other clubs that were looking at him.
Is it a risk? Hell YES but who knows how the dude will turn out. We bought Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, Vidic and even Ronaldo but they weren't particularly household names when we acquired their services.

Ozil too me is a good player but I worry for his defensive qualities in big matches especially top away games. If we played 2 holding midfielders like Germany did . . . .then he might fit into our system. Also Bremen play the same system as Germany with two holding midfielders (Frings and Borowski) whilst he plays behind Pizzaro.

Ronaldo was also very lacklustre with his defensive abilities and that's why SAF sacrifices Rooney and placed him on the wings to allow Ronaldo to play alone up front in big games. The team was built around Ronaldo then  . . . . . .now its on Rooney.

The willingness of the player is another factor . . . . he allegedly said he prefers to go play for Barcelona.

tkb417:

@Chamotex
Why do we have to build the team around Ozil? Did the Germans build the team around him?

Please tell me you didn't make this statement? shocked shocked shocked
Who else did they build the team around? Lahm? grin grin grin
Ozil was the playmaker in the team (The number 10).

Do you know how Ozil plays?

I know too much. Watched him play many times last season in the Bundesliga thanks to ESPN.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 1:24am On Aug 14, 2010
i think going for a player like ozil at 12 is perfect, i mean i was filled with anguish to learn that khedira signed for Real for 12 mil, here we are having lost owen hargreaves and having only fletcher who can play that position and u allow a player like khedira to go for 12 mil? this is coming from the same man who said there was no value in the market, so 7 mil for bebe is value? u might as well come and sign me from my sunday sunday football for 50 mil! if we dont put in a serious bid for a player who is guaranteed to be a world beater i will be disappointed and disgusted. even if he doesnt fit our system we can groom him a bit and sell him for much higher. i dont see y he cant fit in tho cuz he is exactly the kind of player anderson was supposed to be wen we bought him.

we could play
Fletcher Carrick
Valencia Nani
Ozil
Rooney
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2010
^^^^Anderson is a tenacious and tireless midfielder . . . . . that guy is on drugs. He can run all day.
They are not the same kinda player.

Ozil has the talent - no doubt, but we will have to change the way we play not just the formation. Too risky if you ask me.
We can do without him for sure like we've done in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
Not getting him now is not catastrophic like some people are viewing it. It's like without Ozil we can't do well.

Do I want a player like him in my team? Yes
Am I bothered if we don't get him? No
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2010
The same way they went under the radar to buy Manucho who instantly became the black Pele
^ talkless of Dong Fangzhou
Liam Miller nko?

@ Mr TA, nice response to these wannabes
Every team have their fair share of duds.  Its pretty normal for one of the most successful british sides of all time. They obviously dont out weigh the great players that have been at the club and not harmed the club that much in terms of success. So for  that reason alone SAF always deserves the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

@ all United haters, 

Ehn, so its preseason and the United haters/bashers are coming out of their holes on United thread to post. Lets see how long they last this season hopefully, longer than October like last year/season  tongue.

Let me break it down to y'all haters/bashers/band-wagoners and hope y'all can get it into your thick skulls for the last time:
In the past 5 years United has spent less than most teams in the EPL and we have won 3 EPL titles, 2 Carling Cups, 1 Champions League and 1 Club World Cup. And while I'm on that, since the inception of the EPL there have been 5 teams who have spent more than United, including City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Villa, yet United has won more EPL titles than every other team in England combined - and that's a FACT. Go on, feel sorry for us. Truth is, we don't need you pity or anyone else's. But thanks for putting that smile on my face as I am reminded of just how great our club (Manchester United) really is,

http://www.transfer league.co.uk/
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/index.php/Single-League-Tables/the-transfer-league-1.html

For the Scousers, it could be worse. We could have signed N'Gog, Voronin, even Rafa "the fat Spanish waiter" Benitez, et al OR is it the Gooners who A@ss-in "Viewer" W@nker has not been able to win a silver spoon/cup in the past five (5) years SMH . Mind you, the recommendation to buy Bebe came from Carlos Q, and the greatest gaffer (SAF) in the game today takes that advice, It'd be very naive and ludicrous to write it off - @least, not yet; I say give the boy (Bebe) a chance. I am also hearing that he is NOT ONLY a striker, but can also play in an attacking midfielder/winger role. I've also been hearing that Real Madrid and a couple of other EPL teams were also interested in him. Stroll back a few years and I'm sure you were probably saying the same thing when SAF signed another young Portuguese player who nobody had ever heard of to replace Beckham, Hmmm  cool

If y'all can remember, most of us (United faithfuls) never heard the name Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez prior to the world cup in SA but we now know who he is, and SAF keeps proving his critics wrong, again and again. Nuff said!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2010
^^ rubbish. here we have a manager who pocketed 80 mil from the sale of one player and then turned around and refused to spend that money on any worthwhile player, claiming that there was no value in the market. so wat exactly represents value for Alex Ferguson? 20 mil for Owen Hargreaves? if hargreaves is worth 20 mil then scott parker should be worth 30. (at least he manages to play more than two games a season) a 29 year Dimitar Berbatov at 30 mil? a player who has never really had a brilliant goal scoring record. well if all those are value for money signings then wat of a 19 year old who just had a great world cup and shows excellent promise and would cost just 12 mil?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2010
Whats all the fuss about Ozil. . . . its not like he's gonna come to OT and be the next CR7!

SAF is not perfect, he does have his odd ridiculously, outrageous blunders but then, who can fault the man given all the calls he's got right over the past how many decades!!?
I don't care if he goes and signs Sol Campbell next; as long as we have a team that will play well, compete and win something in the end!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2010
@mojo,
Unfortunately those haters never learn anything.
@kgdavid.
Relax.Ozil is largely unproven club-wise.There's no way Scott Parker can come near Owen Hargreaves when hee's fully fit.
And Berbatov had two season with Spurs with 23 goals each of those,and I expect you to know that he's not the key man upfront for United tactically.
Of all the big teams in England,I would say we have about the brightest hopes for the season.Even if we miss out on Ozil,who despite his talent,might not be what we're missing because he strikes me as someone who gets off with two steady DMs playing behind him-definitely not United's regular style.Remeber that the world cup isn't the place to scout players,because it's not a true assessment of one's ability in my view.
Fergie,despite his latest shocking signing,has earned the right to make his signings by himself.If we cannot trust him after 24 years at the helm,it means we're not true faithfuls,especially in the light of all the success he's brought with him.Like mojo says,we never heard about Hernanez before he was signed,now there is so much hope being pinned on his shoulders by us fans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2010
i think going for a player like ozil at 12 is perfect, i mean i was filled with anguish to learn that khedira signed for Real for 12 mil, here we are having lost owen hargreaves and having only fletcher who can play that position and u allow a player like khedira to go for 12 mil? this is coming from the same man who said there was no value in the market, so 7 mil for bebe is value? u might as well come and sign me from my sunday sunday football for 50 mil! if we dont put in a serious bid for a player who is guaranteed to be a world beater i will be disappointed and disgusted. even if he doesnt fit our system we can groom him a bit and sell him for much higher. i dont see y he cant fit in tho cuz he is exactly the kind of player anderson was supposed to be wen we bought him.

we could play
                                                           Fletcher    Carrick
                                              Valencia                                  Nani
                                                                  Ozil
                                                                Rooney

^^ rubbish. here we have a manager who pocketed 80 mil from the sale of one player and then turned around and refused to spend that money on any worthwhile player, claiming that there was no value in the market. so wat exactly represents value for Alex Ferguson? 20 mil for Owen Hargreaves? if hargreaves is worth 20 mil then scott parker should be worth 30. (at least he manages to play more than two games a season) a 29 year Dimitar Berbatov at 30 mil? a player who has never really had a brilliant goal scoring record. well if all those are value for money signings then wat of a 19 year old who just had a great world cup and shows excellent promise and would cost just 12 mil?

@Kgdavid

Seems like you're really bent on yapping about SAF's signings that haven't turned out great with respect to their price tags but you've failed to realize that over the past seven (7) years, the gaffer has made magnificent signings at commendable prices w.r.t to their performances and trophies won i.e Nemanja vidic, Cristiano Ronaldo, Patrice Evra, Carrick, Da Silva Brothers, Valencia, Nani, Chicharito (this one just won the charity shield in his first competitive game), et al. shocked You just made me smh by comparing Owen H to Scott Parker; Injury is part of the game but Owen H, when fit, is one of the best midfielders in the game (with the likes of M. Essien) and he's very versatile (could play RB, DM, RWF) - His versatility contributed to the treble we won in 2008 (UCL, EPL and League Cup) but you've thrown that out of the window already. If Hargreaves was fit even for two (2) months before the world cup in SA, Barry or Carrick (who were selected ahead of Parker in the English squad) would have watched the world cup from home. His persistent injury is really unfortunate, though.    

Again, I quote Mr TA's response to you, "Every team have their fair share of duds.  Its pretty normal for one of the most successful british sides of all time. They obviously dont out weigh the great players that have been at the club and not harmed the club that much in terms of success. So for  that reason alone SAF always deserves the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise." - For this reason only, and until the number of flop signings out weighs the total number of other good signings and related successes United has achieved overtime, I stick with SAF's decisions in this regard. He's been there, done that. cool

Ozil may not turn out to be the next ronaldo, he may flop in the EPL - he's not really fast (plays with calmness, control and vision like Berbatov, only that he's a midfielder) and we're talking EPL (a pacey and tough league with hard/rough tackles) not some fanciful/ball joggling La Liga or slow/boring Serie A. You may be right; maybe SAF considers Berbatov a flop cuz he's slow but skillful and doesn't want to make same mistake twice considering that Berbs even before joining United had EPL experience however, I don't think Berbatov is a flop cuz he brings something different to United's game like Ozil would do - calmness, control, vision and we don't need both players in United - maybe Berbs should have been a midfielder.

I digress: looking at the formation you've given above, I would like to believe someone like you lashed out at SAF when he was giving Darren Fletcher games under his belt to gain more experience few years ago despite some poor performances today, Fletcher's like our midfield general (Genaro Gattuso) and you've included him in your line up - Typical bandwagoner; If you'd really like to join a club of world stars signings and big names/egos then you might consider jumping off to the other side of Mancherster (our noisy neighbours) or better still, log on to www.realmadrid.com and sign up for free.  Enough with slating the greatest mind in the game today. 

PS - SAF has made some bad signings in the past years but it's not that bad cuz he's made it up when compared with the number of trophies we've won over those years including a back to back appearance in the UCL final, winning one (2008 and 2009).

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.