Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,180 members, 7,970,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:23 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (73751 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ only if Mr. Carrick can go back to his best and compliment scholesys rejuvenation

i think scholes retirement from international soccer is the tonic behind this new form

I agree Ozil would have added options to the central midfield so when Scholes start breaking bones, Ozil can be relied upon
ill only pray Carrick returns to his best or else, ill spearhead the campaign of his return to west ham cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^^^^Still think we're getting high on Ozil.He still is unproven to me at club level,though he is definitely talented.He was in Stuttgart previously,didn't do much there before going to Bremen.He has potential,but I think he still has some way to go before being seen as a direct replacement for someone as experienced as Scholesy.
I'd say it's strange Fergie chose to sign someone he'd never seen play over an Ozil,but I guess he likes the challenge of making something out of nothing.In that sense (I think) I understand why he went for Bebe,no matter how blindsiding to us all it might have been.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Ibime(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ozil would be more of a replacement for Berbatov than Scholes. Ozil does not have the grit to play in a 2 man midfield, more of an "in the hole" player.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ibime:

Ozil would be more of a replacement for Berbatov than Scholes. Ozil does not have the grit to play in a 2 man midfield, more of an "in the hole" player.
he can function in a 4-5-1 setting (or 4-3-3) with Rooney the only man upfront

i agree a 4-4-2 in UTD might be tough one for him. Anyhow we look at it, Ozil would have added one or 2 things to UTD more than whatever Bebe would bring on board
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
Eastbay:

^^^^^^Still think we're getting high on Ozil.He still is unproven to me at club level,though he is definitely talented.He was in Stuttgart previously,didn't do much there before going to Bremen.He has potential,but I think he still has some way to go before being seen as a direct replacement for someone as experienced as Scholesy.
I'd say it's strange Fergie chose to sign someone he'd never seen play over an Ozil,but I guess he likes the challenge of making something out of nothing.In that sense (I think) I understand why he went for Bebe,no matter how blindsiding to us all it might have been.
if SAF can turn Bebe to a star, why not Ozil whom we all know is talented

no one knows anythn about bebe
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
Eastbay:

^^^^^^Still think we're getting high on Ozil.He still is unproven to me at club level,though he is definitely talented.[b]He was in Stuttgart previously,didn't do much there before going to Bremen.[/b]He has potential,but I think he still has some way to go before being seen as a direct replacement for someone as experienced as Scholesy.

Do you guys remember Ozil is 21yrs? And you were talking about what he did in Schalke 3 seasons ago when he was 18-19yr. Seriously what do you expect from an 18yr old footballer?

What percentage of players did anything meaningful at 19yrs old?

Fergie chose Bebe over Ozil can never be justified to be a rational decision until the guy comes good. What Fergie didnt see Jose Mourinho and Joachim Loew saw it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ SAF was just being SAF

Signing Ozil would/should be better than whatever Mr Bebe would deliver

and that Bebe guy looks like a terrorist grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mamagee3(f): 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
dayokanu:

Mesut ozil signs for Real Madrid, Obviously Jose can see some things which Fergie cant
grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Do you guys remember Ozil is 21yrs? And you were talking about what he did in Schalke 3 seasons ago when he was 18-19yr. Seriously what do you expect from an 18yr old footballer?
What percentage of players did anything meaningful at 19yrs old?
Fergie chose Bebe over Ozil can never be justified to be a rational decision until the guy comes good. What Fergie didnt see Jose Mourinho and Joachim Loew saw it.
Your reply is my point exactly.He still is unproven to me.
I'm not justifying Fergie overlooking Ozil for Bebe.All I'm saying is he may not be what Fergie wanted.It's gonna be hard for him to play in a 2-man midfield (which United tend to favour more of the time) when we know that he fits into a three man middle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 7:41am On Aug 19, 2010
Eastbay:

Your reply is my point exactly.He still is unproven to me.
I'm not justifying Fergie overlooking Ozil for Bebe.All I'm saying is he may not be what Fergie wanted.It's gonna be hard for him to play in a 2-man midfield (which United tend to favour more of the time) when we know that he fits into a three man middle.
how many times did we play 4-4-2 last season EastBay

if SAF wanted him, he'll probably still stick to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 like we did for most of last season
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2010
Dude,
The only games we started with a lone striker in the league last season (meaning a 3-man middle) were the two games against Arsenal and Chelsea respectively.
I don't remember us playing three in the middle with the likes of Bolton,Wolves, Hull,Burnley and Portsmouth.
If we're talking of the CL,I can understand.But truth is,United start out majority of the time with a 4-4-2 formation.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2010
LOL

we play 4-4-2 when the game usually is a stroll for us

we play the other formation when we need to be at our best

grin cheesy grin spot the difference guy

and Ozil can still play in a 2 madn midfield. If Oshea can play as a CM, then why wont Ozil play

Anderson wasnt a CM b4 we bought him, he was like Ozil, but what does he do now?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 19, 2010
^^^^^^^
Please don't bring O'Shea into this.O'Shea's versatility is not supposed to be a yardstick to measure whether Ozil can play in the middle.We all remember that Ö'shea played there because there was nobody to play there.If I remember clearly,he even partnered Giggs there.

Again, I don't remember us starting with three in the middle against the likes of even Villa or Everton last year.
United are basically one of the few teams left that use the 4-4-2 in some form.Even the Community shield game was a 4-4-2 with Rooney and Owen upfront, and Scholes/Carrick in the middle.
tkb417:

LOL
we play the other formation when we need to be at our best
grin cheesy grin spot the difference guy
Anderson wasnt a CM b4 we bought him, he was like Ozil, but what does he do now?
Anderson is a victim of his own doing.As far as I can see there is no difference.How many times do we get to play the big teams each season to play the other formation you're talking about?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 7:59am On Aug 19, 2010
^^^ lol
lemme use Giggs

can Giggs play in a 2 man midfield? if yes, why cant Ozil play in such

if carrick can play in a 2 man midfield, Ozil can play

if Anderson can play, Ozil can play

my point is, Ozil is a talented footballer, i doubt he'll have issues playing in any formation UTD adopts.
Ozil is just 21 and his growth in soccer would usually depend on what the coach believe is best for him

Im still rueing that loss mehn. Bebe looks like a drug addict grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 19, 2010
It's pretty much obvious Ozil thrives in a three man middle where he can get others to create space for him.Case in point:Germany.
Khedira and Schwinsteiger grafted for him.
Who is there for United to do that for him?
I doubt it seriously that he can cope in a two man midfield.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 9:51am On Aug 19, 2010
Ozil would be a liability at CM with just one partner. . . but he can still fit into a 4-4-2 cos he can play wide.

I dont think he's as good as the hype suggests. . . If you ask me, he's a poor man's Nasri at best.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:03am On Aug 19, 2010
Eastbay:

It's pretty much obvious Ozil thrives in a three man middle where he can get others to create space for him.Case in point:Germany.
Khedira and Schwinsteiger grafted for him.
Who is there for United to do that for him?
I doubt it seriously that he can cope in a two man midfield.
Ozil is 21 and can metamophorse into anythn

Carrick, fletcher and scholes can do whatever Kedira anad Bastian did at the WC

ritchboy:

Ozil would be a liability at CM with just one partner. . . but he can still fit into a 4-4-2 cos he can play wide.

I dont think he's as good as the hype suggests. . . If you ask me, he's a poor man's Nasri at best.
Ozil is better than all ur midfielders except Fabregas and asharvin

Nasri? who d hell is that Ritchie?

dont let me club ur face this morning oh cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2010
Ozil is better than all your midfielders except Fabregas and asharvin

hehehehe, that means he's better than all Man Utd's midfielders. TKB, are you telling me all United's midfielders are useless? grin grin

Nasri? who d hell is that Ritchie?

abegi, Ozil cant lace Nasri's left boot let alone his right. . .

Tkb, if na play stop am cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

Ozil is 21 and can metamophorse into anythn

Carrick, fletcher and scholes can do whatever Kedira anad Bastian did at the WC
I hope you're not serious on that point.
Scholes,nearing 36?
I thought you just spent the whole summer period bashing Carrick.Now he can do anything.
Guy leave this Ozil guy.Let's be real:as good as he is,he might just be another Seba Veron.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2010
Eastbay:

I hope you're not serious on that point.
Scholes,nearing 36?
I thought you just spent the whole summer period bashing Carrick.Now he can do anything.
Guy leave this Ozil guy.Let's be real:as good as he is,he might just be another Seba Veron.
i need explanations from SAF thats why im still chatting

if i dont get one from him why he decided to buy Bebesky or fckever his name is, ill call the cops

i wanna know how Ozil would not be useful despite the face that scholes is 35 and carrick is erratic.

as for you eastbay, go and face ur work joh

e no dey tire you grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2010
ritchboy:

hehehehe, that means he's better than all Man Utd's midfielders. TKB, are you telling me all United's midfielders are useless? grin grin
Ozil is potentially better than Carrick but not better than Scholes. our midfield needs reinforcement i agree but they are not useless

thats the same midfield that sodomised your team home and away last season. respect those guys oh

ritchboy:

abegi, Ozil cant lace Nasri's left boot let alone his right. . .

Tkb, if na play stop am cheesy grin

Nasri that was not good enough for the crappiest team in the world- FRANCE

same Ozil that was a shinning light in a superb German team?

spot the difference. nasri cannot carry bags for the german footballers talkless of entering the first 35 grin grin grin

Richie, u need to relocate from hells kitchen cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

i need explanations from SAF thats why im still chatting
if i dont get one from him why he decided to buy Bebesky or fckever his name is, ill call the cops
i wanna know how Ozil would not be useful despite the face that scholes is 35 and carrick is erratic.
as for you eastbay, go and face your work joh
e no dey tire you grin grin grin
Dude, free me jor. . .
No be you dey cry for Ozil,like pikin wey dey find im mama br.east.
Am off duty today,so I'm free on NL. . .
Leave SAF. . .we should be used to his stunts by now.How many high-profile players has he signed in the last 24 years of his tenure?They can be counted on the fingers of one's hands.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 11:20am On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

when you are stating this, please state who the manager was. . .
Domenech!!!
He shouldn't be managing a regional team in Central America, talkless of being a National team manager
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2010
thats the same midfield that sodomised your team home and away last season. respect those guys oh

just like Nasri sodomized United, respect The Prince!

Nasri didnt make the French squad for political reasons known only by the most clueless manager in the history of football: Raymond DUMMYnech!
unless ur trying to tell me Valbuena and the like are better than Nasri. . .

same Ozil that was a shinning light in a superb German team?

What was superb about the German team? They just played off the counter effectively until they were schooled by the only superb team in the tourney: SPAIN!

In fact, based on the quality of individual players, that is arguably the worst German team i've ever seen.

Richie, u need to relocate from hells kitchen

NEVERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2010
Eastbay:

Dude, free me jor. . .
No be you dey cry for Ozil,like pikin wey dey find im mama br.east.
Am off duty today,so I'm free on NL. . .
Leave SAF. . .we should be used to his stunts by now.How many high-profile players has he signed in the last 24 years of his tenure?They can be counted on the fingers of one's hands.
i go whoze u electronically one day grin grin grin

high profile signings? are you saying Ozil is a high profile player? if Ozil is a high profile player, then its safe to say the signings below are high profile signings

Rio Ferdinand, Veron, Berbatov, Hargo, Carrick, Anderson, Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Nani, Andy Cole, Jap Stam, Kleberson

these ones are enuff grin grin grin
u just dey box urself into corner. if Ozil is high profile, then SAF has bought plenty high profile players grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 11:34am On Aug 19, 2010
HNIC:

when you are stating this, please state who the manager was. . .
Domenech!!!
He shouldn't be managing a regional team in Central America, talkless of being a National team manager
hehehe

he took everybody apart from nasri. nasri must mean badluck grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2010
ritchboy:

just like Nasri sodomized United, respect The Prince!
he sodomised Gary neville grin grin grin

ritchboy:

Nasri didnt make the French squad for political reasons known only by the most clueless manager in the history of football: Raymond DUMMYnech!
unless your trying to tell me Valbuena and the like are better than Nasri. . .

hehehe, political reasons or not, Nasri couldnt enter the french national team- its pathetic

ritchboy:

What was superb about the German team? They just played off the counter effectively until they were schooled by the only superb team in the tourney: SPAIN!

In fact, based on the quality of individual players, that is arguably the worst German team i've ever seen.

na you sabi
quality is parading a team of players with average age of less than 25 and yet they walloped teams like England and Argentina with 4 goals

losing to spain is nothing, they are arguably the best team in the world so that aint nothing

my point is Ozil was a star at the most prestigious football fiesta while Nasri couldnt enter a team of useless players to even compete for first round knock out.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

i go whoze u electronically one day grin grin grin
high profile signings? are you saying Ozil is a high profile player? if Ozil is a high profile player, then its safe to say the signings below are high profile signings
Not saying Ozil is high-profile,but you'd rather have him than Bebe,right?Plus judging from his performance at the WC,íf he could get into the final squad for the tournament,then I think he's ok.Plus Madrid sign high-profile players.Is that enough for you?
tkb417:

Rio Ferdinand, Veron, Berbatov, Hargo, Carrick, Anderson, Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Nani, Andy Cole, Jap Stam, Kleberson
these ones are enuff grin grin grin
I guess you're looking at what these players became after they joined United.Otherwise I'm not so sure half of those players fit the bill.
I guess the price tags that came with these players is what you're using as a meter to judge their profile.
Only Veron,Hargo played at top level outside england and won competitions on the European landscape and were integral parts of those sides (Lazio/Bayern).That's high-profile enough for me.Ferdinand,Rooney,Carrick were deemed future players to build the squad on when they were signed,so they can't be termed high profile.Andy Cole,didn't get into England's national tema on a consistent basis to be termed high-profile,never mind the hype.Nani,Anderson were unproven and few outside England had hardly heard of them.Evra and Vidic,were even bought on the cheap.
Oga face your work o. . . I dey off-duty,nor follow me dey yarn . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2010
^^^
i dont seem to get your point

if Ozil is high profile, then all the players i listed were high profile

you dont have to be in national team b4 u be a high profile player- Rooney case in point

Rio commanded huge transfer fee and yet you said he wasnt high profile cos he was bought to solidify the team and yet you dont want to admit Ozils buying should be exactly what you said about Rio

ure confusing urself abeg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
If Madrid comes looking for you,you must be high-profile.
tkb417:

you dont have to be in national team b4 u be a high profile player- Rooney case in point
Rooney played at Euro 2004 before United signed him that summer.Get your facts right.
I don't think transfer fee is a good enough barometer to measure a high-profile player.That player has got to have had a reputation/distinction of some sort on the field to be high-professional.Rio played for Leeds who got to the CL semi-final in 2000.After that,he did nothing with Leeds.The 30 million paid for him was due to HYPE.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^
dude

lemme help you; plenty fallacies (strawman and red herrings in ur post- not good)

eastbay: Ozil is not tested and proven yet - (He is not high profile)
eastbay: anyone bought by Real Madrid is a high profile ( Ozil is high profile) (strawman)

double speak/fallacious statements that cannot be verified hence the reason why the argument is tumbling

I do not want to dabble into the unnecessaries like transfer fees and who should be described as a high profile player becos it defeats the purpose of the argument. But ill like to tell you that if Ozil is high profile, virtually all the players SAF has bought are high profile players. lemme use ur Rio analogy, Rio started playing for England from West ham and commanded a transfer record from West Ham to Leeds. He developed an iconic figure right from Leeds even b4 UTD bought him. He commanded another huge transfer to UTD and yet, to you, he is not a high profile player. so what does high profile means?

My argument on Ozil is just simple; a young, gifted and cheap player is available because his contract is about to expire. I thought any reasonable club would normally want such a player because of his talent, cheapness and of course the number of years the player will put in cos he is just 21. ozil was gonna go for less of what we bought Mr carrick .

as it is, let it slide cos i fit injure you from this place if you say anymore nonsense grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
tkb,
Stop putting words in my mouth when they are not there.
I said Ozil it not yet proven at club level.But he had an excellent World Cup.On that basis alone,he's qualified enough to be termed high-profile,given that the World Cup was the last major soccer event that took place.
Again,Rio only became high-profile when he moved to United and started winning things.
So because Darius Vassell played for England at the World Cup in 2002,does that make him high-profile?
I gave a pseudo-definition of high-profile:you have to have some kind of credibility for what you've done on the pitch.
Anyone can attract any kind of transfer fee for any kind of reason.Rio had record transfer fees twice in his career,but he hadn't won anything or done anything before moving to United.A high-profile player makes people want to fall over themselves for his signature.But did Rio achieve that?Yet Ozil had United,Chelsea and even Barca strongly linked to his signature.
You don't just chase a player just because he's available.He has to complement your playing style.Ozil hasn't been known to play centrally in a two-man middle.A big factor that would count against him given that United play that way more of the time.And I'm sure from Fergie's dealings in the past,he's more likely to sign almost unheard-ofs and push academy players through than go for established players no matter their age.
I said it here that Fergie hardly ever signs players from World Cup/Euro endeavours because three-four weeks is not enough to monitor any player's true form and as such Ozi l wouldn't be coming.That was obvious from the begining.
Dis ya Ozil talk don dey tire me joor.
Oga, go suck br.east. . . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.