Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,180 members, 7,970,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:21 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (73750 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2010
tkb417:

2-0!!!!

Chamotex

I watch football and i know Dayo watch footie so i know waht im saying

I think Real would buy him anytime from now

lets leave the Ozil palaver joh and lets enjoy this rout of Newcastle

Me sef dey watch football now grin grin
Infact after God and my family na football be next grin grin grin

I dey watch match o . . . we need 3 more at least for second half

2-0 Half-time
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Sharappp there.

See eczema for your teeth, You swallow soak-away/Septic tank? cheesy cheesy cheesy angry angry angry

Manure is doomed this season make UEFA just pair us together for second round again. I dont want group stage where you can qualify as second.

Knockout and lemme show you for the umpteenth time who your DADDY is
Coming from the original donkey himself,this is ironic.
What about the gap between your own teeth:you kiss bulldozer?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2010
^^^ LOL

Decent performance from awon boiz

Scholes, Fletcher, Evra, VDS, Vida, Evans, Oshea, Berbatov and most especially Nani all did well

Rooney aint ready and Valencia was poor

next is Fulham
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2010
@tkb and Eastbay, thanks for the compliment about my posts

The lads had a terrific game last night. Judging from the game against Newcastle, for me, Scholes was simply outstanding - what a man-of-the-match performance that was. This kind of performance and work rate of his sends shiver down my spine especially when a sudden news about his retirement in club football is being rumoured by the press. I have not for a moment seized to ponder who'll take over that mantle in midfield, laying those cross-field and through passes, when Scholes finally hangs his boots.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2010
OMO IBO:

LOL
I just see response to my earlier post.

Well, sebi match don start??

Anya n' ele . . . .

Which eye you dey take analyse ball sef?
You just dey yarn for the sake of being heard,positive or otherwise. . .or rather to increase the number of your posts. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2010
mojounited:

@tkb and Eastbay, thanks for the compliment about my posts

The lads had a terrific game last night. Judging from the game against Newcastle, for me, Scholes was simply outstanding - what a man-of-the-match performance that was. This kind of performance and work rate of his sends shiver down my spine especially when a sudden news about his retirement in club football is being rumoured by the press. I have not for a moment seized to ponder who'll take over that mantle in midfield, laying those cross-field and through passes, when Scholes finally hangs his boots.
scholes will be replaced by Ozil grin grin grin

joke joke

God will provide a replacement cos players like that are always hard to replace

Vintage Giggs scored again
The class of 99 will never cease to amaze me.

Guys, any idea why SAF prefers Oshea to Brown?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2010
unfortunately had to miss the game but from all accounts we picked up from wer we left off last season. i think we r gambling a lot on the ability of the younger players and new signings to be able to take the step up, if they can do it then we'll have a great squad but othyerwise we'll be in trouble. i think the likes of Obertan, Macheda and cleverly will be given a chance to prove themselves and i get the feeling that if Macheda doersnt break through this season he'll be lookin for greener pastures, welbeck too had better impress on his loan spell or find his way. does anyone know if Matt James is out on loan? i expect he should be stakin a claim as well and definitely i expect to see something from Rodrigo Possebon coz he's been here for way too long without doing anything. i think it also fair to say we'll see a bit of joshua king and probably magnus eikrem and corry evans will make their first team debuts. pretty exciting stuff. probably y the big man is reluctant to bring in players in certqain positions
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2010
tkb417:

scholes will be replaced by Ozil grin grin grin

joke joke

God will provide a replacement cos players like that are always hard to replace

Vintage Giggs scored again
The class of 99 will never cease to amaze me.

well judging by the last time i saw brown play, o'shea is the lesser of the two great evils
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by eyoniggar(m): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2010
Saurooooooooooon, where iz u @, I don miss u o!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2010
@tkb

Brown is a hacker; watch him play closely and you'll know it's risky having him man-mark a player inside the 18-yard area but I kinda like the intimidation he creates/leaves in players after they receive one or two rugged slide tackles from him (I remember vividly when he tried to end Robben's career in a match against Chelsea few seasons ago) lol.

scholes will be replaced by Ozil Grin Grin Grin
hehe, your love for Ozil is second to none. From all indications, this is what I've noticed from club football these days:
Oliver Kahn, Ballack (ran to Chelsea for money and now what?), Schweinstagger, Lahm, Muller, etc - Legends and future prospect of German football;
F. Hieiro, Raul, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Villa, etc -  Legends and future prospect of Spanish football;
Robson, Shearer, Scholes, Lamps, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, Carragher, Rooney, etc - Legends and future prospect of English football;
Maldini, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Totti, Del Piero, Gattuso, Cannavaro (left for Madrid but later realized that home is where the heart lies), etc -  Legends and future prospect of Italian football

^^^It's just a shame that Arsenal and Inter parade despicable number of foreign players in their teams especially Inter Milan (founded by fans to spite the other cub in Milan who had many/all home players in their squad).

Why all this rant if you may ask? Verily Verily I say unto you, most (not all) players are better of at home soil where they're truly loved (behind their home crowds with maximum support and chants of their favourite and respective names) than players plying their trade abroad - Barca is a good example in this regard.

When a player bleeds the colours of his club through and through (Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard, Lamps, Xavi, Iniesta, Raul, inzaghi, Totti, Del Piero, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Ambrosini, et aal), been with the club through thick and thin as a player and fan, such player will give his all for the club/team on the pitch unlike some money grubbing wannabe STARS who play for the pay-cheques and whine all season when all is not well or not going their way in the club (Robinho, Tevez, Ibra, Ade, etc)

For me, I just think if we get a big name player, he'll play for 3-4 years with United, become a bigger name player and start singing and whining about having wet dreams to play for Real, Barca, Munich, or so since his child-hood days thus destabilizing the club/team and its football policy. Meanwhile, if we get a player from the youth academy or buy and groom an unknown player who'll end up bleeding United and become a STAR, we're sure going to retain that player which will bring a sort of balance to the team for a longer period than buy a money gubbing wannabe STAR - Scholsey and Giggsy, big example.

J. Evans is getting established as a young center back just like G. Pique, if Tom Cleverly is mentored very well and given more games to play with the bigger boys as I watched his tremendous performances during preseason, he could turn out to be another established youth player coming through the ranks like Busquets, Pedro, Bojan of Barca. More training and game time for experience is what the young lads need not some marque signing every transfer window as that will hinder the progress of the young lads - this is exceptionally for the future of the club, remember young tkb will also be a Red Devil (United) some day and the future lads and our academy will be needed to keep United going even after SAF's retirement.

SAF believes in the current squad, I have faith in these boys - remember we've not yet used the services of Park, Ando, Hargreaves (if and only if he'll be fit) in the midfield hence, pressuring SAF to add more midfielders will give him headache during selection, unless we start selling but we're neither Real Madrid nor Man. Shitty.

Ok tkb, let me ask this Q, how would you feel being a gunner where the Manager doesn't buy and no trophies won in the past five years?  lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Iyineda(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2010
My starting IX

Van Der Sar

Ferdinand Vidic
Rafael Evra

Fletcher Scholes
Valencia Nani

Berbatov
Rooney

Supersubs: Hernandez, Park and Giggs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Iyineda(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
Mini analysis of Man U's central midfield options for this season:

Paul SCHOLES
Best position: Central midfield
Strength: Passing
Weakness: Tackles
Versatility: Average - can also play as an attacking midfielder
Grade: 7.5/10
Verdict: Starter

Darren FLETCHER
Strength: Workrate
Weakness: Shooting
Versatility: Good - can also play as a defensive midfielder and as a right midfielder
Grade: 7/10
Verdict: Starter

Michael CARRICK
Strength: Ball protection
Weankess: Lack of pace
Versatility: Poor. Only efficient in central midfield
Grade: 6.5/10
Verdict: Rotator

Darron GIBSON
Strength: Shooting
Weakness: Lack of vision
Versatility: Poor. Only efficient in central midfield
Grade: 5.5/10
Verdict: Benchwarmer

Owen HARGREAVES
Best position: Defensive midfield
Strength: Versatility
Weakness: Injury-prone
Versatility: Excellent - can also play as a central midfielder, right midfielder and as a right back
Grade: ?/10
Verdict: Rotator (if fit) / Benchwarmer (if physically hesitant)

Ryan GIGGS
Best position: Left midfield
Strength: Vision
Weakness: Stamina
Versatility: Good - can also play as a central midfielder and as an attacking/creative midfielder
Grade: 6.5/10
Verdict: Rotator

ANDERSON
Strength: Physicality
Weakness: Passing
Versatility: Average - can also play as a left midfielder
Grade: 5.5/10
Verdict: Benchwarmer
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ok tkb, let me ask this Q, how would you feel being a gunner where the Manager doesn't buy and no trophies won in the past five years?

Mojo
Nice analysis but hey, as for ur Que above, if i was a gunner, i would decamp to UTD or Chelsea straight

why support a hopeless set of players?

im sure you know some of the present Gunners are the crazy Chelsea fans in Lagos grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2010
Mesut ozil signs for Real Madrid, Obviously Jose can see some things which Fergie cant
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2010
tkb417:

Mojo
Nice analysis but hey, as for your Que above, if i was a gunner, i would decamp to UTD or Chelsea straight

im sure you know some of the present Gunners are the crazy Chelsea fans in Lagos grin cheesy

LOL.Seconded.
See how spineless they were on Sunday against Liverpool.Pepe Reina was their best player.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2010
DK
they (Ozil and Khedira) will be sold to Panathanaikos/Brondby soon

they shd go and ask their predecessors grin grin grin

Eastbay:

LOL.Seconded.
See how spineless they were on Sunday against Liverpool.Pepe Reina was their best player.
i hope they beat BlackPool tho cos my money is on them

if they lose or draw,Wenger will pay me back my money or i start learning terrorism
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2010
Mojo
Nice analysis but hey, as for your Que above, if i was a gunner, i would decamp to UTD or Chelsea straight

im sure you know some of the present Gunners are the crazy Chelsea fans in Lagos 

@tkb, hehehe, I've always assumed there were very few true blue (Chelsea) fans until 2004 when they defeated Arsenal in the UCL Q. finals courtesy Wayne Bridge's goal. What do we have these days - Just some glory-hunters.

DK
they (Ozil and Khedira) will be sold to Panathanaikos/Brondby soon

they shd go and ask their predecessors

My sentiments exactly. Why would any midfielder switch to Real Madrid? They already have Ronaldo, Kaka, Van Der Vaart, Alonso, the two Diarras, Khedira, Di Maria, Pedro Leon, Gago, Canales, Granero, Drenthe and now Ozil   shocked That's 14 quality midfielders. What Real need is a LB and another striker, maybe.

OK, Ronaldo could be used as a SS, while Alonso, Diarras, Gago as DM, and Di Maria, Drenthe, even Marcelo as wingers but for crying out loud Pedro Leon, Canales, Granero, Kaka, Van Der Vaart, Khedira are mostly/all AMs/CAMs, what is Ozil smoking? - $$$. Unless he'll be deployed as an attacking RMF/LMF then I think its bye bye to his career. embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2010
France have banned Evra for 5 matches. Anelka got 18 match ban.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^ Good for UTD

@Mojo
after 2 seasons, i expect Ozil to be sold to Nurmberg or Malaga

hes a Arrow

but, im not hapi SAF didnt buy him tho sad

whats gonna happen against Fulham?

I hope we dont lose more than 3-4 games this season so in essence, we must beat Fulham
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^^^
And with the recent background of losing our last two games there,it's even more critical we get all three points there.
There can be little margin for error.
I'd like to see how Ozil flourishes in Madrid or thereabout.I'm still not convinced he can give us what we need at United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
OK, Ronaldo could be used as a SS, while Alonso, Diarras, Gago as DM, and Di Maria, Drenthe, even Marcelo as wingers but for crying out loud Pedro Leon, Canales, Granero, Kaka, Van Der Vaart, Khedira are mostly/all AMs/CAMs, what is Ozil smoking? - $$$. Unless he'll be deployed as an attacking RMF/LMF then I think its bye bye to his career.

In that midfield Ozil is better than everyone except Kaka who is injured till December. He is more creative than all , VdV has been on the list of those to be offloaded for 2 seasons now but no one wants to buy him, I think VdV would leave back to the Bundesliga soon.

Also with Ozil and Khedira I also think they wont do well, But even after failing in Madrid they would still get other clubs to buy them and they would suceed. e.g Robben and Sneijder. if he goes to Arsenal or Chelsea and fails he would have a huge roblem getting any quality team to buy him.

Since Mourinho bought them, He would give them a chance until they fail,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^

i hope SAF positions himself to buy the 2 of dem when they eventually fail

i personally think Ozil might impress cos hes a good footballer but can he really live up to the Madrid billing?
thats the problem.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
Madrid is an entirely different kettle of fish.
Ozil has all it takes to survive there,but I'm not sure he can get all the playing time he needs to flourish there.Even though Kaka is injured till December,I'm not o sure he's going to be first choice,not because he's not up to it,but because I think he's new to their wierd system. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
Madrid is a huge pressure cooker, 3 good games and 2 bad games is all you need before you see the white handkerchief

Ozil needs a no pressure environment to succed maybe because he is still young and plays as his emotions go. If pressured, he crumbles. He has done that before at Schalke before moving to Bremen.

In Bremen Diego was the main guy who shouldered the pressure so Ozil was able to grow unnoticed but in Madrid given his World cup success he has no hiding place.

Personally I think Fergie would have been a better manager for Ozil as he is more patient and would allow Ozil grow up more

the advantage is that he is still young 22yrs if he fails in Madrid and is out by 24 he has other places to go to
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by deebsman1(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2010
Manchester
United manager Sir Alex
Ferguson reveals he
hadn't seen Bebe play
before signing him- goal.com
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by duduspace(m): 1:40am On Aug 18, 2010
What have yu people done to Sauron? I'd like him come explain bebe's signing. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 18, 2010
duduspace:

What have yu people done to Sauron? I'd like him come explain bebe's signing. grin grin grin
Just as soon as you also explain the Eduardo signing too.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:03am On Aug 18, 2010
United paid £7 million to activate a release clause in the forward's contract as reports indicated that Real Madrid were also interested in making a deal. Such was the club's haste, Ferguson concedes he was unable to see his new signing in action.

"On this occasion I didn't watch him," Ferguson said. "It is the first time I have done it. Normally I see plenty of video footage but our scouting department is very good and sometimes you have to go on instinct.

"Our scout in Portugal was adamant we must do something quickly. You look at the material. You look at their age and whether they're bringing pace, balance, desire to play. You got to trust your staff at times, so I sent David Gill down there to do the deal."

When asked at a press conference on Wednesday what were his best attributes, Bebe replied: "I am fast, I kick well and I score a lot of goals."

The funny part in this is the highlighted part

who is the boss? Gill or SAF? grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by yemmight(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
tkb417:

The funny part in this is the highlighted part

who is the boss? Gill or SAF? grin grin

Just the way I send my MD to go and pick some visiting expatriates at the airport. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
yemmight:

Just the way I send my MD to go and pick some visiting expatriates at the airport. grin grin grin

Visiting Oyinbo whose competence you didnt know or verify
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2010
dayokanu:

Visiting Oyinbo whose competence you didnt know or verify
he had no time to see clips as the scouts told him to do a deal quickly as Real were about to snap him up - its a gamble

He said he trusts the scouts judgement tho
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
Its a gamble but I think Man Utd is well covered in those places. The main places where they might have needed reinforcement was in the midfield, Carrick/Scholes axis but with Scholes performances its confusing, One day The man plays like Zidane next day he breaks the opponents bone and bags a red.

I hope it all fails and we beat you soundly this season

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.