Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,207 members, 7,970,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:16 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (73753 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2010
Im really embarrassed for these arsenal fans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2010
As mikey would say on hustle, the best maga is the one who believes he conned you.

Here is what wenger said, eastbay I knw u are from azerbaijan since u knw a lot abt veils. Please show us the veil here.

Wenger said: "I believe Paul Scholes is still one of the greatest football players in England.

"His contribution to the success of Manchester United is absolutely huge. The regret I have personally is that he was not always the fairest player.

"He did not get completely what [credit] he deserves as a football player, because he is not someone who runs after the media to be in the papers, and I respect that a lot.

"But there is a little bit of a darker side in him, that he sometimes did things which I did not like."

Wenger, though, maintained: "Who would not have liked Paul Scholes in their team? He is an absolutely fantastic football player.

"When he has the ball at his feet and you are a central defender, you have to be on your toes because he can still today find anybody in the box - and we have seen that again against Newcastle on Monday night."

Doesn't take much to scam a scummie does it. When they won't read for themselves.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2010
You don't have to showcase your stupidity to the rest of the world if your hut is not big enough for you to do so.I can live with the nonsense that goes on on your thread,but don't carry it out into here.
If I'm from azrbaijan,what's that to you?
Besides, since your one-sided gaynner logic seems to be in full effect,what's the comment about Scholes not being the fairest player and having a darker side to him doing in the same subject with his silly praise?Does that make any sense to you if you're going to lambast a player and praise him at the same time?
You're the one who fails to even comprehend anything.But like I said before,i'll be better of a scummie in whatever way I can be than be a Gaynner with all the know-it-alls even though most of you lot don't know anything,yourself inclusive.
Mr_TA:

Im really embarrassed for these arsenal fans.
Please don't be.Na trophilessness dey cause am.Let's hope they win something this season so their idiocy can reduce.When DK says gaynner fans are brainless,I think he's actually right,from the evidence above
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2010
Manchester United's Paul Scholes not a fair player, says Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
When Paul Scholes was asked during the 2004 European Championship to write his own epitaph, he replied: “They can say what they want. I don’t care.” Arsene Wenger certainly took up that offer on Friday when, at the end of a week that has seen Scholes lavished with glowing tributes, the Arsenal manager offered an alternative assessment.
Dark side: Paul Scholes' tackling has come under the scrutiny of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger Photo: AFP “You ask me was Scholes a fair player: I say no,” said Wenger. “I’m sorry, for me he was not a fair player. There’s a little bit of a darker side in him, sometimes, that I did not like. I respect him highly as a quality player but I did not like some things he did on the football pitch and I have the right to say that. It’s not because you are older suddenly that you are a saint.
“The regret I have personally is he was not always the fairest player.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/7957227/Manchester-Uniteds-Paul-Scholes-not-a-fair-player-says-Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger.html
Oga slimshay,how come the above part didn't make your original quotes?
Just go and enjoy your sunday in peace.Your dim-witted nonsense posts on this matter aren't doing much for you or your myopic manager.But I'm not surprised,like manager like fans.You very well know Arsene Wenger is never magnanimous,either in victory or defeat.Don't really know what your bone of contention is.If I'm a mugu,I'm happy to be a mugu for United,unlike a so-called smart-ass like you who supports failure and mediocrity blindly
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by yousouph(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2010
Eastbay, easy on the fellow gunners. Everybody is entitle to their opinion whether right or wrong.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2010
Oh really I editied my post. For what? In the same telegraph dat is trying to get all ur scummy bunches in a knot where are the praises wenger showered on the same man, sayin he wishes he had him on his team.
They have paraphrased wenger and ya'll are grubbin it up.
Mind you this was at arsenal prematch conference where bbc doin an expose on scholes asked for a fair assesment of the player.
Its easy to make idiots scamper u knw. Just yell the sky is falling.

Yousouph, its a tribal thing being a fan, u wan fall my hand?!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by yousouph(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2010
Slimshady, i supported you and i still want to fall your hand!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2010
Yousouph, easy on the gunners? Really?!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Ibime(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2010
Is it too early to ask the question?

2 points. . . . MIND THE GAP!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by yousouph(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2010
@slimshady. geddit.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by eyoniggar(m): 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2010
DRAW? Well Fulham aint no walk over as we
all know, so whats the whole fuzz about now?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2010
slimshay:

Oh really I editied my post. For what? In the same telegraph dat is trying to get all your scummy bunches in a knot where are the praises wenger showered on the same man, sayin he wishes he had him on his team.
They have paraphrased wenger and ya'll are grubbin it up.
Mind you this was at arsenal prematch conference where bbc doin an expose on scholes asked for a fair assesment of the player.
Its easy to make idiots scamper u knw. Just yell the sky is falling.

Yousouph, its a tribal thing being a fan, u wan fall my hand?!
This is getting ridiculous: are you sure you deserve my attention on this matter?
Arsenal boss Wenger lauds Scholes, and then hits out at United man's 'dark side'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1304800/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-lauds-Paul-Scholes--hits-United-mans-dark-side.html#ixzz0xMA4uMKq

Arsene Wenger has taken a swipe at Paul Scholes, labelling the Manchester United man an 'unfair player' with a 'darker side'.
And although the Arsenal manager made it clear he admires Scholes's better qualities, he still said the 35-year-old did not deserve saintly status simply because of longevity.

Wenger said: 'The regret I have, personally, is that he was not always the fairest player. There's a little bit of a darker side in him, sometimes, that I did not like.

'I'm sorry, for me he was not a fair player. It depends what you call clever and dirty.

'With Paul Scholes, (there's always) more than one (bad tackle) in your mind.

'I just feel overall he is a guy who liked a tackle.

'Unfairly? Of course unfairly. Look at him playing now - he still doesn't hide.

'I respect him highly as a quality player (but) I did not like some things he did on the pitch. It's not because you are older suddenly that you are a saint

Please I'm tired of paying attention to your silly responses.Apparently you love looking stupid.Or what's the Mail's problem with United this time?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2010
And here's more,Mr. Slimshay.

Paul Scholes's tackles are 'unfair' not clumsy, says Arsène Wenger
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/21/paul-scholes-unfair-arsene-wenger
Arsène Wenger has admitted he would have loved to have Paul Scholes in his Arsenal team but the manager was also critical of the Manchester United midfielder's "darker side", suggesting that he had long considered him to be a dirty player.
Scholes has hit the headlines at the beginning of his 17th season as a one-club professional, starring in the Community Shield victory over Chelsea and the Premier League win against Newcastle United to invite plaudits from the game's leading figures.
Wenger duly obliged when he was asked yesterday about the 35-year-old's qualities but he undercut the tribute with a scathing assessment of Scholes's notoriously suspect tackling skills.
Scholes's propensity for picking up yellow cards is often attributed to clumsiness but Wenger seemed to be having none of that. His players have been bruised over the years by Scholes's studs and Wenger's comments betrayed the frustration that he has felt.
"It depends what you call clever and what you call dirty," said Wenger, who was asked whether he felt Scholes tackled unfairly. "Unfairly, of course, unfairly," he replied. "How many times have you watched Paul Scholes? Have you seen only fair tackles from Paul Scholes? I don't want to come out on one specifically but I can remember a few. [They are] a bit in the past, yes, but look at him playing now. He still doesn't hide.
"No, I don't [think his approach is OK]. You ask me about the quality of the player – who wouldn't like a Paul Scholes in his team? You ask me: 'Was he a fair player?' I say: 'No, I'm sorry, for me he was not a fair player.' I just think I respect him highly as a quality player. I did not like some things he did on the football pitch and I have the right to say that. It's not because you are older, suddenly, that you are a saint."

Now tell me how all these makes Arsene Wengay meant any praise whatsoever if he started out his comments with calling him unfair.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2010
I guess the Mail,Guardian and Telegraph are having a great time shouting the sky is falling.
yousouph:

Eastbay, easy on the fellow gunners. Everybody is entitle to their opinion whether right or wrong.
That much I agree.But then when some folks think they know more than everybody else,(which not a few Gunner fans seem to do),it's only going to get heated.I for one hardly post comments on your Gaynner thread and rarely venture there for any reason (you can check that to find the last time I posted there) because I know if I go there,I'm a visitor.But somehow,you Gunners don't seem to respect other people's threads.
When someone comes to my thread and calls me a mugu indirectly,just because I spotted out what your manager said in his usual hypocrisy that hasn't allowed him to win any titles in recent memory,that fellow is asking for trouble.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2010
He started out saying he was unfair? Jeez

You have posted abt 4 links now all of them paraphrased and rearranged to get your reaction yet you are claiming this is getting silly. Duh?!

No my man they have nothin againsty manu, its just arsene they don't like.

And seriously daily mail?!!! For arsenal related articles? This is truly very silly. You'd do good next time to know who you're quoting.

I'm done with this anyways Arsene wenger did not insult scholes. Ya'll sensitive thugs, you all need hugs.

Think of it like this eastbay is a fine poster, makes his point very well, who wnt like him as a moderator. But he does chat shit attimes, and he's a tad sensitive.

Dat one nko?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2010
Think of it like this eastbay is a fine poster, makes his point very well, who wnt like him as a moderator. But he does chat poo attimes, and he's a tad sensitive.

cheesy

meanwhile, ?TEKRAM WOH grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2010
@Slimshay
Let's ask eastbay his views about SAF talking about kamikaze spending. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Cristalz(f): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2010
Jeez, dudes, back off Eastbay already.
You guys get all rabid too when anyone so much as makes a slightly critical statement on your ''sacred and sanctified'' thread.
AW made a statement, Eastbay spoke his mind about it on his thread. If anyone disses him for it, square up for return fire. grin

He didn't diss anybody, Slimshay. Your 'maga' crack was uncalled for.
Now let's just all get along, nice and easy.

Now, Fulham.  .  .dunno what they've buried in that place that we always have to struggle there.
2-2 ain't so bad, though.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2010
Alrite then mod, my bad. They called AW names thot I had to stand up for him.

Adios then folks.
Meanwhile how market sha.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Cristalz(f): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2010
Dearie, AW doesn't even know we exist. grin

Market be as e get o, but.  .  .plenty hope still dey.
Just gotta figure out a way to bang in 6 goals the way Chelsea's having a blast doing. angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by follypimpi(m): 2:30am On Aug 23, 2010
^ Well chelski has been playing weak opponents,let see em against a strong team and we see gwan.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2010
HNIC:

@Slimshay
Let's ask eastbay his views about SAF talking about kamikaze spending. grin
Why can't you ask yourself,little girl?
@Criz,
These Gaynners are talking of being sensitive.What kind of cr@p is that?If anyone as much as criticizes,say Fab4,who has been openly flirting with Barca as much as Adebayor was with Milan a couple of years ago,we get skinned alive.Yet these same folks come here and accusse me of being insensitive.
I've stated it that there are a lot of Gaynner children up here on NL(a couple just showed up),who resort to name calling at the slightest opportunity.That's why someone like slimshay still persists in a dead argument.I've never seen what kind of statement that praises somebody but calls him unfair in the same statement.As for my chatting poo,tell me you (slimshay) haven't yarned opaks before on NL,and I'll accept.
@ritch,
Market was surprisingly not good,but day just dey break.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by slimshay(m): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2010
Seriously man Eastbay, me said my bad already chiefly cos this is ya thread and the mod called me on it. I know its the draw wink, we all have down times, Arsenal more than you folks it seems.

But its all love, till we back in the trenches eh? cool Come over for a bottle of sumtin cold. . . odeku perhaps. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2010
No probs,mayn.
I'll take whatever you're taking,even paraga. . . (seems like it's your favourite)grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2010
why take anythn from a dumb and stupid coach

u lunch a scathing attack and coat it with lil praises

who doesnt know all hes saying is " i dont know why u people are showering praises on this man cos of his age, he is definitely not a fair player"

thats what the doofus was saying in his mother tongue

dumbass voyuer

@Topic
stupid Nani made us lose points

i feel like slappin someone angry angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Cristalz(f): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2010
Aw, sweet. grin
Thanks for playing nice, guys. . .I'm impressed. cheesy

@TKB
Dunno why Nani had to take the penalty kick in the first place.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2010
Cristalz:

@TKB
Dunno why Nani had to take the penalty kick in the first place.
Nanny wanted to be the new Ronaldo!
Knew Nanny was gonna miss as soon as I saw him stepping up to take the penalty. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^^^
Like Ronaldo never missed a penalty in all his life.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by codedguy1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
HNIC:

Knew Nanny was gonna miss as soon as I saw him stepping up to take the penalty. tongue

Sharrap jor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2010
coded guy:

Sharrap jor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pele.
I know how you feel
Imagine 3-1 becoming 2-2 because of. . . . . . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2010
HNIC:

Nanny wanted to be the new Ronaldo!
e be like say u don dey eat okro nowadays

whats ur own with Man U sef? ol boi waka commot for here joh

@Crizzle
i dont even know how we concede goals in torrents against this Fulham team

lets hope we score 6 against west ham cos we must join the 6 goal party

@Topic
when is that Rooney boi coming back?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
Ibime:

Is it too early to ask the question?

2 points. . . . MIND THE GAP!!!

It's barely 2 games into the season . . . are you kidding me?
Ibime, we all know this league no be gra-gra.

Arsenal thumped Everton 6-1 AWAY on the opening day of last season and they thought it was their season.
At this stage last season we'd lost to Burnley . . . . so no need to start panicking yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.