Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,390 members, 7,940,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (249838 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 1:07am On May 28, 2011
@Physics, it is pointless derailing this thread. Your continual regarding of me as someone else is not tolerated lighthly. You may not know it but it is true, your posts are fool of abusive words.
This thread has for long clamoured for an IkaIgbo to come and clarify some certain issues, Luckily, Ogbuefi is here but you guys are desperate to chase him away, why?.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 1:09am On May 28, 2011
@Ogbuefi, apart from Igbanke, what other Igbo villages are forcefully carved into Edo state.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 1:39am On May 28, 2011
@Ngodigha, Physics HD is an ant and so are those of his likes.I have dealth with them severally , and this is just another opportunity.Apart from Tgbanke, Ekpon and Inyelen are other Anioma towns in Edo State.We do have as well settlements like Iru founded on Benin territory.We consider them nonetheless as our kith and kin.

@Physics MHD, I know insults s the nature of the average man from Benin .This is why I am waiting enthusiastically for your ''full" package.But dont think I will leave this thread like Omonuan, No way ! I neva said everthing Egharevba said is truth especially those that relates to other ethnic nationalities.But the question I ask is that the father of this present Oba, Akenzua 11 in whose presence the book was edited did not deem it fit to made adjustments at that time.

My dear try and visit Urhonigbe and you would so ashamed of even trying to make comparisons in development between the Anioma and Benin people.

You are so insincere to accuse me of hate when you the one that spreads that message all over the place.I am not from Afemesan but it is a simple question I asked why is there a demand for an Afenmesan state ? I am waiting
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Obiagu1(m): 2:22am On May 28, 2011
Physics don see his match today.
Verbosity for verbosity, quotes for quotes.

Ogbuefi1, I hail oo, you too much. cool

Me na Obiagu1.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsHD: 2:58am On May 28, 2011
Ogbuefi 1:

@Ngodigha, Physics HD is an ant and so are those of his likes.I have dealth with them severally , and this is just another opportunity.Apart from Tgbanke, Ekpon and Inyelen are other Anioma towns in Edo State.We do have as well settlements like Iru founded on Benin territory.We consider them nonetheless as our kith and kin.

@Physics MHD, I know insults s the nature of the average man from Benin .This is why I am waiting enthusiastically for your ''full" package.But dont think I will leave this thread like Omonuan, No way ! I neva said everthing Egharevba said is truth especially those that  relates to other ethnic nationalities.But the question I ask is that the father of this present Oba, Akenzua 11 in whose presence the book was edited did not deem it fit to made adjustments at that time.

My dear try and visit Urhonigbe and you would so ashamed of even trying to make comparisons in development between the Anioma and Benin people.

You are so insincere to accuse me of hate when you the one that spreads that message all over the place.I am not from Afemesan but it is a simple question I asked why is there a demand for an Afenmesan state ? I am waiting

1. Oba Akenzua II did advise Egharevba to make some corrections, actually. See Uyilawa Usuanlele and Toyin Falola's article on Egharevba's editions of A short History of Benin. In addition, Egharevba revised his traditions multiple times across different editions, so it does not mean that Oba Akenzua II was consulted and approved of every addition or alteration because he read over one verson at one time. 

2. I'll say it again. I wouldn't have any particular reason to visit Urhonigbe as of right now. But it's pretty strange how you're using the example of a town which was neglected by the government, in a state with less monetary resources (Edo state) and which is suffering from erosion, to make your point.

3. I don't really need to accuse you of hate when anyone can see it as plain as day. It doesn't even bother me now, but I didn't care for the fact that you showed such hate but were pretending not to have hatred. I don't have anything against you personally, but I will continue to say that your hatred is unhealthy and you should not let it consume you.

4. The Afenmesan thing has to do with politics. The denial of the governorship to Edo north all those years and the treatment of Ambrose Alli (Esan) was the real issue there. Edo north should have governed the state earlier than they did, no doubt. However, your mention of the Esan is funny. Tony Anenih (an Esan man), one of the biggest criminals in Nigeria, tried to scheme to make Edo north have to wait until 2015 to produce the governor of Edo state, while Edo central (Esan) would produce the governor (Osunbor) after Igbinedion. So apparently they weren't aware of the need to acknowledge ethnic zoning either. The Binis, being the majority in the state, could be credited with voting in Oshiomhole over an Edo central contender, or overturning the results and declaring Oshiomhole the victor, if we were to start crediting groups in that manner, but it probably had as much to do with the failure of PDP and the popularity of Oshiomhole as it had to do with the need to acknowledge ethnic zoning. There could still be an Afenmesan state in the future, but for the same reason there are other agitations for separations of states (such as Ondo splitting into Ondo and Ekiti, for example).
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 10:42am On May 28, 2011
@Omonuan, please come back to this forum. Am here to match those guys insult for insult.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 10:46am On May 28, 2011
@Ogbuefi, I think Ndigbo East and West of the Niger should push harder for the return of Ekpon and Igbanke to the proposed Anioma state.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by jason123: 2:03pm On May 28, 2011
Ngodigha:

@Ogbuefi, I think Ndigbo East and West of the Niger should push harder for the return of Ekpon and Igbanke to the proposed Anioma state.

How far Andre Uche I see that I was not the only one that was deceived by your pathetic disguise. grin grin grin
Anyway, just wanted to tell you that YOUR HYPOCRISY KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afanna1: 4:13pm On May 28, 2011
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 28, 2011
Okay guys, I did not run from this thread because of physics. Sure physics and I have no "chemistry" at least on the issue of the massacre of my Anioma people in Benin. However, he is not capable of chasing me out of anywhere. I am a proud Igbo and any Igbo that is worth his salt does not back down or cow-tow for anyone.  I don't enjoy trading insults and I am not going to condescend to physics' cesspool of insults.

The facts are:  The Binis killed my people in cold blood in 1967.  In my own opinion, Anioma is as Igbo as other Igbo clans; Bini people have not apologised for the massacre in 1967.

Physics cannot defend the atrocities commited by his people therefore on one hand, he seemed to condemn the massacre but on the other hand, he wants to blame Anioma people for trying to occupy Benin Land and thus the massacre was justified according to him.

True to form, what he could not win with logic, he tried to cajole with insults. At the point where his arguments became a cornucopia of insults, I chose to leave him in his quagmire. I had made my points.

If Nairaland had a radio station, I would request a song for physics but since Nairaland does not have a radio yet I will summarize the song "We and dem" by the late great Bob Marley for him:

"we don't know how we and dem are go work it out,
cause some one will have to pay for the innocent blood
that they shed every day oh children mark my word,
its what the bible say yea yea!"

Ogbuefi (Nwennem) my brother has said it and I will reiterate it here. Benin is a city of blood and that is why it has not progressed much. Bini is a one city tribe like no other in Nigeria and Why? You guess it-too much innocent blood shedded by that tribe. Rumor has it that the Bini still bury their oba with several innocent souls.

Physics cannot wish away the reward for shedding innocent blood try as he might. My only concern is that physics and his ilk relish it when they hear people like Agbontaen make fun of Anioma's Igbo heritage because they think they can exploit this disunity.  For me, I am Igbo and Anioma and proud.  I hope our enemies know that after the massacre of my Igbo people from 1967 -70, we have vowed like the Jews: Never Again!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 5:46pm On May 28, 2011
city of blood, but you guys can’t seem to stay out. so who is now enjoying the blood? and i thought igbos also claimed they were jews? now it is "like the jews”?

honestly, “igbos” are the most confused people in nigeria that why i love hanging out with them coz they always make me laugh.

btw, omonoan/iguefi internet schizophrenia can easily be cured if you just make your points with one id.

and you said i was unexposed? i have dual citizenship and a kpali that “igbos” marry ugly-fat-caucasian women go get, and i didn’t get it by marrying anyone, and im still single.

and you also made one silly comment that the contemporary itsekiri man does not see himself different from “yoruba”? are you serious? i know you live in benin, and i know u know benin has the best mama-put joints across nigeria. so lemme tell u a “real” story.

i was buying pepper rice from a bini woman recently, and this girl was giving her phone number to the woman, and the woman asked her name, and she said “alero” a name that sounded “yoruba”, and the woman asked, “oh, you be yoruba?” and the girl chuckled and replied “no, i be itsekiri”  and the woman said “ok”. thats a real-life situation not all these made-up stuff you guys are spewing on the internet with multiple identities.

an itsekiri person on a good day will never identify as yoruba, cos unlike the contemporary “yoruba” identity the itsekiri one has existed for centuries and has survived till this day.

how is a “delta-igbo” man with “osakwe” as surname which is a proper edo name meaning god-agrees, and which common amongst edos and deltans going to feel “igbo”? and identify as such? you guys are living in a fantasy world on the internet fighting internets wars that are irrelevant to what is happening on the streets.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 5:53pm On May 28, 2011
iguefi, dont use ur pump action to shoot me ooo, cos i dont want to be caught in the "cross-fire", na tafia i dey, and i was just strolling by, haha
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 6:06pm On May 28, 2011
exotik:

how is a “delta-igbo” man with “osakwe” as surname which is a proper edo name meaning god-agrees, and which common amongst edos and deltans going to feel “igbo”? and identify as such? you guys are living in a fantasy world on the internet fighting internets wars that is irrelevant to what is happening on the streets.

I wonder when Osakwe started being an Edo name.Osakwe is short form of Orisakwe(Imo) or Olisakwe(Anambra) which means God agrees.While it is possible to have an Edo version,it is more associated and common with Igbo.Search Osakwe on facebook and tell me how many Edo related people will appear.

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:16pm On May 28, 2011
yeah ryt, so how did orisakwe and olisakwe now transfrom to osakwe. thats too much of a stretch that is unbelievable. is osa, olisa, orisa the "igbo" name for god? edos answer osakwe.  ok, lets assume edos dont, how about those with "oba" related names? or there not any? maybe im wrong also, school me.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:17pm On May 28, 2011
lol, i didnt even see the picture before i was asking the "oba" related names, haha
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:24pm On May 28, 2011
oba-emeka, that is weird combination oooo, and the first time im seeing such a combo
i guess that one can also claim yoruba ancestry also, when e don taya for the jewish one, haha
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:41pm On May 28, 2011
or maybe it was oba eweka that transformed to oba-emeka? shai, make una come see direct oba eweka descendants ooo, ryt on face book. thats pure royalty ryt there. so lemme hail royalty, oba gha tor kpere, ise!!! hahahahahahahaha
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 6:47pm On May 28, 2011
At least I have confirmed that you are here for jokes.So let us crack the jokes well.Oba means a slave in Igbo language.Akpolokpolo means someone that crawls on the ground.Uku means big or great.Omo means child or children.Combine all and translate to Edo for me.Anu ohian!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:54pm On May 28, 2011
so, obaemeka on facebook is slave-emeka? shocked and they are descendants of slaves? and here i was, thinking they were royalty. i take my hailings back! mtcheew!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 9:13pm On May 28, 2011
exotik:

yeah ryt, so how did orisakwe and olisakwe now transfrom to osakwe. thats too much of a stretch this is unbelievable. is osa, olisa, orisa the "igbo" name for god? edos answer osakwe.  ok, lets assume edos dont, how about those with "oba" related names? or there not any? maybe im wrong also, school me.

Learn about Igbo and it's language before you comment as if you know its dynamics. Olisa/Orisa/Olise/Orise is an Igbo name for god as well. It is used not only in delta, in the whole of anambra and Imo, and other parts in Igbo land. That is a fact. Just because one use of the name of God/god is more commonly used(Chukwu) does not mean we don't use those same names(Olisa/Orisa) for god. Check yourself.

Anambra:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhrUDIN9apU[/flash]

Both Olisa and chukwu are used to refer to God

Delta: (start from 3:00)

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvEWnkVuu0&feature=related[/flash]

Both chukwu and Olise are both used for God

Abia:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx7qaPM3FmQ[/flash]

You can hear him use Orise and orisa repeatedly before the song even starts. Oh, and he's from Ohafia, the far east of Igboland grin

Both Orise and Chukwu are used to refer to God

Look, this guy, stop talking what you don't, ok? This is something that you obviously don't know so stop talking about it.

You reasoning makes no sense. As for edos answering Osakwe, that is good and well, igbos do too. According to your logic, different ethnic groups can't have the same meaning of a particular name. Also, it is not uncommon for neighboring groups to exchange words or use the other groups word more than his own. Gt it together.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:02pm On May 28, 2011
Ohafia people say 'Orise'. You sure about that, Chyz?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 10:20pm On May 28, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Ohafia people say 'Orise'. You sure about that, Chyz?

Like I said before, it is a word used to refer to God in Igboland. It is a word being used by a man from the far eat of Igboland, and it is a word used to refer to God in Igboland,period.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 10:27pm On May 28, 2011
@Omonuan, Nnua, Welcome back. Thank you for insisting on that sad event.It what happened.Nobody can single Benin people for anything especially if it is an event of that nature.We only point to it because that is what happened.We have like I noted earlier are the oldest neighbours of Benin because history says we settled in our territory since 900 AD suggesting that for over 1,000 years we have had strong relationship with the Benin kingdom.I know of many Benin people who accepted that shameful act of their parents and try to be conciliatory about it.Nobody said no Benin man or woman did not protect Anioma people during that period of madness but what I dont understand is the attempt by those ones in this thread to completely deny wht happened.When the issue came out in Oputa panel , why did thy not deny it ? And trust the "highly learned " Physics who brought a link as if it was only Asaba people that had issues in the Oputa panel out of the 100 or so Anioma towns that suffered casualties in the war .The issue is not about the killings that occured within Aniomaland.It is the one that happened right in Benin City , a place many of us thought we were safe considering the centuries of close interactions we had shared with them.Nobody talks much about Sapele and Warri because we dont really have much to do with them.It is just an expression of disappointed by the Anioma and not as physics put wage a crusade against the Benin people and their history.

I actually posted a reply to the rubbish written earlier by tht goat in human form called Physics HD just to dismiss what emanates from his slave mentality , but the spam box was at it worst, I actually enjoy debates with the "modern intellectuals" like Physics HD only to make a fool of them.Like I noted earlier I have read the book by Talbot but it was from a Library and I thought the writer was a woman.I only sought for relevant facts but for Physics HD , it was breakthrough for him when he saw where in the publication that human sacrifice which Benin City was famous for was a little over -emphasized thereby dismissing all other accounts, Laugh, He does not stop there,  he went further to narrate how Oba Akenzua 11 did not take Egharevba's review seriously perhaps as eye-witness in the 1930s, It was even for the studies carried out by Egharevba that he was bestowed with the title of Obakhavbaye and he knows that.

In  Benin custom, it was even a thing of pride to be called a slave of the Oba, Why deny it.Edo was a slave.Was he a freeborn ? No, History does not say much about his background because he was a slave and he saved the Oba's life.Hence the land was named after a slave called EDO.Nothing can change that, no matter how a slave is being projected as a servant (just for ethnic pride) a slave is a slave  and cant be servant.And just like Bokohalal noted thee Benin man is proud and that is the problem with Physics HD.

Exotik, I thought you said you wont respond to a "fool" like me, You are the biggest fool in this thread and a coward for that matter.I personally donot take you seriously because to simply put , you are a clown.Just go and wash your head may be na home problem you get, That is the situation in many Benin homes these days .These guys are destroying themselves via their diabolical tendencies of which they are well known in the country.I no even notice u because , you u reach me fire so back off ! or else your own go be apology.But I like your fun spirit derived from the fact that you are amongst the few Benin that have had the priviledged to even leave Benin and experience life in other parts of the country.The mind set of the average Benin man or woman to stay put at home because of insecurity(for reasons I am not sure)  or just "travel go Jand"

The name Osakwe is Igbo as it is Edo.The Edo spelling is Osakue, Osa in Igbo is derived from Olisa and it forms the roots of other names like Osaji, Bosah, Osadebe, Osamor , Osemeke and so.The Edo Osa ie derived from Osalobua and form the basis of their names like Osagie, Osakue, Osahon and so on.The Osakwe and Osakue case is just co incidence because the Igbo kwe and Edo kue both mean to agree attesting to that relationship I have always emphasized must have existed between Igbos(essentially of Anioma stock) and Edos.Have anyone ever asked himself why crops like local pear, breadfruit, pepperfruit etc are shared in Edo and Igbolands and not in Yorubaland ? This is how we research and get answers and not with the likes of Physics HD that lacks originality and love quoting books that favour those baseless points of his.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2011
I'm only just addressing some implications of your post. Long story short, Orisa-related names isn't an eastern thing. It's more of a westward thing. That's all. So just relax.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 10:54pm On May 28, 2011
Yes, Igbos of Aniomaland will get these their territories once Anioma State is created.No matter how the Oba's palace would want to interpret their relationship with Igbanke.Imagine non of the rulers of Igbanke clan is recognised because the Govt does not want to offend the palace, I see this as expansionism of the Benin on Anioma territory.But those I really blame are the likes of Omojie whose ignorance would make the Anioma appear so cheap to the Edo where for instance is the Edo influence in Ikaland compared with the Igbo influence ? There is no basis for that comparison.Ika people to start with are Enuanis and by extension are Anioma and Igbo people.During the war, the late Obi of Agbor, Obi Ikenchukwu remembered for his zeal to bring all Anioma people together fully supported the Biafran cause unlike the Obi of Owa who in his charismatic nature pitche his tent with the Nigerian troops and the bargain paid of. He has since after the civil war being projected as one of the  paramount rulers of Anioma even above  the Obis of Ute Ogbeje, Ute Okpu and Agbor  who are traditionally ranked above him.I have read the Ndiowa publication referred to by Omojie and it clearly did not contradict one single thing I said before that the founders of Owa migrated via Ute Okpu from Nri and included in their kingdom Owa Ofie which was founded by Benin migrants and this is why the Obis of Owa are installed by the Olihe of Ofie.This have always been the situation.The Obi of Owa, Efeizomor 11 have always declared that he is of Nri descent.I have read publications on this and there was even a time the Ezenri was invited to felicitate with his Owa Oyibu kith and kin.

Like I noted I cnt be dribbled by the claim that Ika people are not Igbos; I am awware that some of our people deny that they are not Igbos fine,,,There are certain aspect of our civilization that is distinct and unique and was neither derived from the Eastern Igbo nor the Edo.Hence it is better we just remain as a distinct group between the two cultures.I completely disagree with that.There are enough eveidences to tilt the Ikas as Igbo people.But the Benin themselves have varying perception of the Ika people.Some like Bokohahal who is more traditional with his observation thinks that they are Ikas and are seen as a distinct nation from the Igbos yet the highly insultive and ill-mannered Physics HD thinks Egharevba's account which corresponds with Bokohahal's claim was absolutely wrong and could be a reason why some Ika people like Omojie would stoop so low to bombard the net with what he thinks is the official version of the Ika people cum their perception on ethnicity.
The fact is that originally the Edos have little idea if an Igbo ethnic group actually existed.What they know is Eka and the Ekuale corresponding more or less with the Enuani and Ukwuani divisions.Thus the concept of an Igbo ethnic group existing at all is a recent development amongst Benin people.Therefore Egharevba conservative in his perspective in reference to the old ideas would want to project the Ika as a blend of the Igbo and Edo while in modern thought such an analysis why it could be truth would not be a justification not to classify them as Igbo.

2morrow is Sunday and I will not post at all because I might encounter tht fry Physics HD and I could just bear my anger on him.So let him to clear off for a while why I patiently wait for his responses to what I have posted earlier.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:07pm On May 28, 2011
@Ogbuefi1, thanks a lot for your post. The current Obi of Owa might have played the devil's advocate in the past, but at the present, he is a repentant man and pro Igbo. Last year's summer, the Obi was in the U.K and he spoke to Igbo Youths in the U.K. He praised the effort of Ndigbo since the end of the war and canvassed for strong Igbo unity irrespective of what side of the geo-political zones we come from.
This was in London 2010, but I do not know if he is different while in Nigeria.
Mehn, the guy is eloquent and intelligent.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:14pm On May 28, 2011
lol, chyz,

orisha/or orisa is also one of the "yoruba" names for god or deity. so which one man go come believe?

ok, what of the "kwe" part of it? does it mean agree in "igbo" dialects?

coz i know in edo, "kwe" means agree  and "osa" means god. and that just seems to perfectly rhyme with osa-kwe meaning god-agrees and it is also the same with the "igbo" meaning.

so maybe the "igbos" are really not jews but just plain ol' edos? haha

and oh, i always thought chineke was the more authentic  "igbo" word for god? coz that's what the "igbos" usually say when are stressing out. "chineke, god, abeg o!"

and i have gotten it together with myself, just waiting for the "igbos" to do same so that we can move on. coz today they are jews, tomorrow they trace their ancestry to edo, the day after that, na egypt.

and one last thing, where are all the olisakwe/ orisakwe/olisekwe/ orisekwe on facebook? u guys should post pictures i go check them out tomorrow coz maybe i will find some oba eweka's children inside.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:22pm On May 28, 2011
iguefi, the reason i came back to the thread is i love to see u address urself, and oh, i hope u like the way i "binized" ur name, ozuo
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:26pm On May 28, 2011
^^^Kwe in Igbo means to agree or consent.
HAVE YOU NOT HEARD ABOUT IGBO KWE NU before.
There are so many names for God in Igboland just as in other languages.
For example--Chukwu
Chineke.
Olisa, Olise, Olize.
Obasi.
Chiokike.
Olisabuluwa.
Chukwuabiami
ETC.
Please reread Ogbuefi's post once again as he did explain this. Goodluck.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2011
exotik:

iguefi, the reason i came back to the thread is i love to see u address urself, and oh, i hope u like the way i "binized" your name, ozuo
Is there any reason why your keyboard can not type Ogbuefi1?.
Respect please.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by henry101(m): 11:37pm On May 28, 2011
Is Osigwe an Igbo or Edo name? Read an article of an Edo guy with the name.
Maybe I will post it once I find it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.