Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,423 members, 7,940,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 09:27 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (249845 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2011
"Best private university in Nigeria and what was the yard stick used ? It is a matter which is highly debatable."

^^^^

when did i say it was the best? i said "one of the best". and u say u are "soundly" educated? i guess reading and comprehension was not part of that education. you are a dullard. and i guess ur rants and whines is now to insult my family, boost ur ego, and dodge all the questions ive asked u. u are suffering from delusions of grandeur while u forget the reality on ground, and that is what ruins people like u coz u are so far from reality, dummy.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2011
LMAO @ saying Edo state is dry!

Edo state is not using even up to 1/8 of its natural resources (whether we're talking about oil, rubber, timber, minerals, or anything else) and it is better than Delta state in multiple statistics according to those UN reports that he loves so much. Edo state is not really using its oil and is still keeping pace with other states and is outdoing many states in several aspects. One would think that with 89% of Delta's money coming from oil (according to their own state government) and with their allocation being four or more times greater than Edo state's allocation, they would be so much further ahead than they are or at least would be blowing other states out of the water, but for his claims he instead needs to use screwed up "GDP index" calculations used to make baseless HDI figures that cannot stand up to scrutiny. I will respond to his other distortions as the spam box permits.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 7:36am On Jul 05, 2011
and one more thing, iguefi, how come with all ur rants, u have not said anything about how asaba was made capital of delta state? did asaba deserve to be the capital of the state? was it not bottom pvssy-power of maryam dat made asaba the capital. the igboman has not really worked hard or even fought hard for his achievements, he has always been known to cheat his way to get it. and true to his nature, that was how asaba was made capital, cheating with igbo-pvssy. but see now, since asaba has been made capital, 20 odd years, abi? so how far has igbo-pvssy taken asaba? not so far and the pvssy is dead from exhaustion, hahahaha
so next time dont be straining igbo-pvssy too much, abeg.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsRND(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2011
@ Ogbuefi 1 you sound frustrated in your discussions with Exotik and now you are talking about people's parents. Why are you lashing out? I think he took you to school on the history and culture that you claim to have expertise in. You should answer his question about Oba Eweka and also about why they would adopt a practice (the "Omu" queen mother tradition) out of inspiration from a woman that they despised. This isn't politics, it's the culture section, so there's no need to dodge his points like a politician. Also, you should be thanking him. grin He educated you about the Oba of Lagos and about Edo words free of charge! So now you won't make those mistakes again when proclaiming to be an expert and not a neophyte. Make sure to thank exotik for educating an "expert" on the Midwest like yourself before you leave this thread. It's the polite thing to do. cool
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsRND(m): 7:46am On Jul 05, 2011
@ Ogbuefi: As for your responses,

1. I maintain that you are a propagandist. Your statement about some sort of allegation among "the Benins" against Zik was shameless and unsubstantiated.

2. Your misunderstanding of the Uniben VC tussle and your pathetic attempt to insinuate that Nwanze was VC before a Benin man because of some sort of inadequacy or failing on the part of Binis was similarly shameless.

3. When I brought up that Chike Ekwuyasi had been elected on Otu Edo platform earlier, you claimed that this was because Otu Edo was allied with the NCNC, which shows a total misunderstanding of both my point and of political parties or it was a deliberate attempt at distortion. These sorts of distortions are what I would expect from a propagandist.

Early you made it seem as though I said a "special favor" was done toward the Anioma by electing Chike Ekwuyasi under Otu Edo. I never said a special favor was done toward the Anioma by having Chike Ekwuyasi elected under Otu Edo. I only pointed out the significance of this to your claim about the Binis and tribalism. You don't seem to understand how a political party works. A man or woman cannot declare that they are representing a political party, without the approval of those heading the party. It does not work like that anywhere in the world, and certainly not in Nigeria. Any such action is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. An NCNC man could not just claim to be representing Otu Edo and start running in elections.

There is no way and no how that the Binis would fail to notice that Chike Ekwuyasi is an Igbo man and if they are as tribalistic as you claim there is no way they would let a non Edo contest on Otu Edo platform and there is no way he would be elected after contesting. Or was Otu Edo founded and run by the NCNC? No. Otu Edo was founded and run by Binis, initially to oppose ogbonism. So the question is why they were liberal enough to embrace an Igbo man as a representative of their Edo based party! This is something you won't manage to circumvent with your skewed understanding of politics or your propaganda.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsRND(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2011
4. This honorable man (Chief Amechi) should give you just a hint into what the political orientation of Benin was with respect to Nnamdi Azikiwe:

"Oba Akenzua II deserves National Award
By MATTHEW OKAGHA

BENIN CITY- One of Nigeria’s foremost nationalists, Chief Mbazulike Amechi has frowned seriously at the failure of the Federal Government to bestow a posthumous national award on Oba Akenzua II in recognition of his contributions to the political liberation of the nation from the British colonialists.

Chief Amechi who bared his mind while speaking in his capacity as chairman of the triple celebration by the Esogban of Benin Kingdom, Chief D.U. Edebiri in Benin City at the weekend, stated unequivocally, that the late Benin Monarch was the only first class Chief in Nigeria then who was not afraid of the colonial powers, and openly identified himself with the nationalists struggle.

Chief Amechi, who is the Dara Akeunwafor Anambra, stated that Oba Akenzua II was popularly known as the father of the Zikist Movement and the father of the NCNC Youth Association.

He added that Oba Akenzua 11 identified with the youth, pointing out that whenever they were in trouble, the late Benin Monarch would rescue them, giving them money and even attended their meetings to address them.

He disclosed that Oba Akenzua II at a point, defied all odds and travelled from Benin to Onitsha to address a meeting of the NCNC Youth Association in 1952.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsRND(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2011
“Not any other Oba, Emir or Obi in Nigeria had the courage to do that, and he was a typical example of his ancestors who defied the English. The heroism is still there, and it still continues till now. The Benin Kingdom is known for heroism.

Benin Kingdom is known for patriotism, and Benin Kingdom is known for nationalism and I am happy that I was brought up here,” Chief Amechi stated in a chat with newsmen at the event.

Chief Amechi who disclosed that he has written a book titled, “The Forgotten Heroes of Nigeria’s Independence” noted that the national award bestowed on some Nigerians at the nation’s 50th Independence” Anniversary fell short of expectations, adding that the exclusion of notable Nigerians like Oba Akenzua II who risked their lives to extricate the nation from the grip of British colonialists, was one such surprises that characterised the award.

He noted that the incursion of the military into politics had interrupted the spirit of nationalism and patriotism in Nigeria, and as well disjointed the nation’s politics.

According to him, the nationalists went into politics because of what they could give to the country, and not because of what they could get from the country as it is the case today."
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsRND(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2011
5. I also say that you're a propagandist because the truth is that the Binis are liberal rather than close-minded and their history supports this.

A simple example will suffice: Of the 31 Ogisos recorded in Benin history, two of them were female (Emore and Orrorio). What other group in Nigeria had female rulers so early in their history? The only other group I can think of with such an early phenomenon is the Ifes who had one female Ooni of Ife. I can't think of any other groups who had female rulers without going forward by several centuries. In fact, the only reason there were not even one female ruler in Benin during the second dynasty is because one princess (Edeleyo, Oba Ewuare's daughter) that should have taken over (when Olua, Oba Ewuare's second son had initially refused the throne), fell ill due to a womanly problem (medical ailment) and there was a rule established because of that incident that the rulers should be exclusively male. And yet even then, the second dynasty of Benin held women in high enough esteem that some women's charms or "spells" were considered important to actual warfare and the Oba's mother had a title and her own court - which even inspired some Anioma groups to adopt a similar tradition when they had no such practice before.

Another example: After Iyase n'Ode (the Iyase that had a dispute with the Oba of Benin that escalated into a full scale military conflict that ravaged the city) left the Benin court, the Oba attempted to replace him. We certainly know the man that he wanted to replace Ode as the Iyase - a man called Ogbomwan. According to the Bini historian, Osemwegie Ebohon, this man (Ogbomwan) was from Ogwashi-Uku (i.e. the Iyase chosen by Oba Akenzua I was a Delta Igbo). This is what Ebohon has recorded, and there's no reason to believe that it couldn't be the case as Ebohon would be damaging his credibility by making up his origin rather than collecting traditions. This occured in the 1700s. How many other groups had done something similar so early? We know that the present Iyase of Benin (Professor Sam Igbe) is Urhobo, but that is not the first instance where the Benin royalty has chosen a non-Bini over a Bini for a very esteemed position.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsHD: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2011
5. I also say that you're a propagandist because the truth is that the Binis are liberal rather than close-minded and their history supports this.

A simple example will suffice: Of the 31 Ogisos recorded in Benin history, two of them were female (Emore and Orrorio). What other group in Nigeria had female rulers so early in their history? The only other group I can think of with such an early phenomenon is the Ifes who had one female Ooni of Ife.

I can't think of any other groups who had female rulers without going forward by several centuries. In fact, the only reason there were not even one female ruler in Benin during the second dynasty is because one princess (Edeleyo, Oba Ewuare's daughter) that should have taken over (when Olua, Oba Ewuare's second son had initially refused the throne), fell ill due to a womanly problem (medical ailment) and there was a rule established because of that incident that the rulers should be exclusively male.

And yet even then, the second dynasty of Benin held women in high enough esteem that some women's charms or "spells" were considered important to actual warfare and the Oba's mother had a title and her own court - which even inspired some Anioma groups to adopt a similar tradition when they had no such practice before.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsHD: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2011
Another example: After Iyase n'Ode (the Iyase that had a dispute with the Oba of Benin that escalated into a full scale military conflict that ravaged the city) left the Benin court, the Oba attempted to replace him. We certainly know the man that he wanted to replace Ode as the Iyase - a man called Ogbomwan. According to the Bini historian, Osemwegie Ebohon, this man (Ogbomwan) was from Ogwashi-Uku (i.e. the Iyase chosen by Oba Akenzua I was a Delta Igbo).

This is what Ebohon has recorded, and there's no reason to believe that it couldn't be the case as Ebohon would be damaging his credibility by making up his origin rather than collecting traditions. This occured in the 1700s.

How many other groups had done something similar so early? We know that the present Iyase of Benin (Professor Sam Igbe) is Urhobo, but that is not the first instance where the Benin royalty has chosen a non-Bini over a Bini for a very esteemed position.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysRev: 8:18am On Jul 05, 2011
9. Of course Mr. Moloku was not an Edo man. There would not be an issue with Mr. Moloku being an Igbo man and there were many non-Binis who passed through that school (such as the first VC of Uniben, who was not Bini) and many non-Binis who were employed there.

In the scholarship scheme recently established by Edo College, some of the scholarships are named after and funded by Igbos. In that Anglican church (Revd. Payne Memorial) in Benin City that was closed down and which was not founded by Igbos, the two primary languages were Edo and Igbo. I bet that if the first VC of Uniben had been Igbo/Anioma, there would also have been no complaints throughout the whole of the Midwest/Bendel. The only reason there was some complaint from the Binis over the VC thing is because there seemed to be some deliberate game of exclusion against Binis for no reason.

10. So there was not an Anioma VC before Emovon? What were you guys doing with that educational head start? grin grin I can only laugh. All that educational advantage and

11. The first VC of UniJos was also Igbo, but he was not Anioma. But my point about Professor Emovon is that not only was he the first Nigerian Ph.D in chemistry (Physical Chemistry, 1959), despite coming from a small ethnic group, he was also a vice chancellor before any Anioma man or anybody from several other groups, some of them with larger populations, yet Binis were not claiming some sort of superiority or putting down any other groups.

12. So you need to use sub-fields of a discipline to state what the Anioma were first in? (because I know for a fact that Dr. Frank Ndili was not the first physics Ph.D. out of Nigeria). This despite your very real educational head start in Aniomaland? If I should follow your logic, then Professor Godwin Ekhaguere (one of the earliest (if not the first) Nigerian Ph.Ds in Mathematical Physics (as a specific sub-field of physics)) is more impressive than some other earlier Ph.Ds because of the specific area of his Ph.D.

I could even buttress such a weak argument by the fact that mathematical physics is one of the "rarer" areas of specialization in physics in the sense that many more physicists are condensed matter/solid state physicists, AMO, nuclear, or in other areas of physics and this has been the case for a while. Regardless, this argument doesn't hold. Kudos to Dr. Ndili, but I don't see it as more impressive just because of the area the Ph.D is in.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysRev: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2011
Regarding Dr. Frank Ndili being the first nuclear physicist (1965) from black Africa, I would be a little more cautious with that claim. It was rightfully believed by Nigerians that Chike Obi was the first sub saharan African to get a Ph.D. in mathematics because there was no evidence of anyone earlier, but then some Ghanians produced a claim that a Ghanian, A. M. Taylor, got a Ph.D in mathematics from Oxford in 1947. While I have not seen any concrete evidence to buttress that claim, I certainly do not think that the Ghanians would lie and make up a person and a date for such a claim. Also, Nigerians could easily claim that the first black African Ph.D in chemistry (or, if not all of chemistry, then just physical chemistry), was Dr. Emovon, but they have not done so out of cautiousness. I am sure that Alexander Animalu (Igbo, but not Anioma) is the first sub saharan African Ph.D in solid state physics, and Abel Guobadia (Bini) was the second in solid state physics, but I think Nigerians have not yet claimed to have produced the first overall physics Ph.D in all of black Africa out of cautiousness. In the same way, a Yoruba man was the first Nigerian Ph.D in computer science (1971) but I doubt that anyone knows for sure that Nigeria actually produced the first black African Ph.D in computer science or that anyone has claimed that a Yoruba produced the first African Ph.D in computer science. My point is that modesty and cautiousness would serve your case better.

13. If you want to compare Dr. Frank Ndili's area of his Ph.D (Nuclear Physics) with Dr. Emovon's area (Physical Chemistry) then I should retort that Professor Sunday Iyahen, a topologist, was one of the first Nigerians to get a mathematics Ph.D. for research in a really abstract area of mathematics. Of course, all pure math is abstract, but there are differences: differential equations would not be very high on the ladder of abstraction, for example (I am not talking about "difficulty", just for the record).
Also, Dr. Iyahen was one of the earliest Nigerians in any of the (pure, not applied) mathematical sciences to introduce any new concept in a scientific area (with his results on certain types of topological spaces: countably ultrabarrelled and countably quasiultrabarrelled spaces, ultrabornological spaces, etc.) and that is probably why he was at one point acting director of the Nigerian Mathematical Centre in Abuja when it first started, when many other ethnic groups in the nation could have been there before a Bini.

I should also point out that of the (only) three Nigerian academics who have the D.Sc degree (as claimed by this poster in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-264280.0.html), not as their first doctorate, but as a higher degree than a Ph.D, Dr. Iyahen is one of the these few Nigerians to have a D.Sc (1987) after already completing a Ph.D (1967). With the educational head start of the Anioma, I would have expected an Anioma man to earn that degree first, but Jerome Nriagu (who got his honorary D.Sc in the same year (1987) as Dr. Iyahen) is from Anambra and the other Professor (Okezie Aruoma) could be Anioma or he could be from elsewhere (I'm not really certain), but he got his DSc after Dr. Iyahen regardless of where he's from.

I also would not expect that a Bini, and with a degree in such an abstract area (topology), would be among that small group of Nigerians with a D.Sc as a higher doctorate degree if I believed even for a second that Binis were academically deficient.

14. Being Igbo, accomplished and being appointed VC of UNN is a greater achievement than being from a group (Bini) which was and is only 1/50th of Nigeria's population (if you actually believe that Nigeria's population is now nearly 150 million and you assume the Binis are nearly 3 million) and is vastly outnumbered by other groups - several of which have equally high drive for educational attainment - and then managing to become VC of a university in the Middle Belt as early as 1978? I doubt that. If anything, it's almost certainly the other way around.

15. Regarding Dr, Chike Onwuachi, that's good, but it's a bit tangential to my specific grouse against your mention of university VCs. I could bring up the fact that the first president of the Nigerian Society of Engineers was G.O. Aiwerioba (another Bini), but it would be completely tangential to my point. If I wanted to go off on a tangent, I could talk about people like Osagie Imasogie, Dr. Osato Giwa Osagie, Osaze Osifo and many others, but I am not here to produce a list of Bini achievers as I would necessarily be handicapped in producing such a list by the fact that I am a) much younger and b) somewhat out of the loop and c) not really interested in engaging Binis in the useless bragging competitions that Igbos and Yorubas on this website (nairaland) frequently engage in. So I am not going to segue into any real name dropping competition.

I only brought up Dr. Emovon because any claim of academic deficiency against Binis would have to be measured against the reality of the fact that he got a Ph.D at such an early time, and in a fundamental subject (chemistry) before anybody else from any other group.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysRev: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2011
16. Your other statements about Prof Dike and Prof Njoku would be more relevant in a debate about academic achievement between the Igbo and a group of equally large size. In all honesty those two areas (history and botany) are not sufficiently challenging/difficult (in my opinion, but probably also to most other people studying the "hard" sciences) to the point where anyone could even make insinuations about any academic superiority by producing Ph.Ds in those areas before another group. I would only chalk that up to a population advantage, and like I said earlier, the Binis were initially behind in education in the colonial era, so it's surprising that Emovon was such an early Ph.D to begin with and that you have not listed anyone from Anioma who was the first in a whole academic field (not a sub-field) despite their educational head start of many years. I'm sure if you dig deep enough you can find someone, but it's surprising that you would have to do so despite your perspective on some sort of superiority in achievements. It's also quite telling that a Bini man beat any Anioma man to earn two doctorates in the mathematical sciences (Dr. Iyahen) and is the first Nigerian to earn a D.Sc (as a higher doctorate than a Ph.D) in any of the mathematical sciences.

17. Regarding Dr. Athony Osagie: "Outstanding"? I didn't go that far. Unfortunately, there are really only a limited number scholars out of Nigeria that can truly be called outstanding in their field. In his specific area of his field, he is important, but about his standing in biochemistry in general, I did not make any particular claim as I am not knowledgeable enough about biochemistry to make any particular claim. What I said was that it is a fact that he has many more publications and citations than Professor Nwanze, but I am not claiming that appointments are made based on that fact alone. I know that there are other factors involved, such as seniority, contributions to the university, etc. My point is that on an academic basis they are not on the same tier and that is why Professor Osagie is a former head of the biochemistry department and a past president of Nigeria's biochemistry society, while Dr. Nwanze, who is also a biochemist, is a past president of no such organization. Consequently one cannot claim that Osagie was academically deficient or inferior for the position, just as one cannot claim that he did not have seniority (which he did and he was even a founding faculty member of Uniben).

For the source of publications and citations statement that I made there are multiple websites one can use:

a) ISI Web of Knowledge (Thomson Reuters) <---- not easily accessible, need a subscription to properly use it

b) Google scholar <---- easily useable, a simple search for "A Osagie" and "E Nwanze" should satisfy your curiosity

c) Scopus <---- need to register

18. Regarding the first primary school, I can only laugh. Once again the "lie" you exposed was due to a simple error of omission. You got lucky there. I was actually the one who posted a book link in an earlier post which even said how slaves in the Delta Igbo area in the late 1800s (before 1900) were the most enthusiastic about embracing Western education to save them from the abuses and sacrifices that they had been subjected to by their chiefs and owners. So I was not unaware of missionary schools as I had read that even before this came up, but this question of why they had schools (missionary schools) a quarter of a century earlier, but didn't beat the Binis so hands down educationally is very interesting. Those UN reports on Nigeria that you love so much consistently put Edo state ahead of Delta state with regard to "educational index" (I'm not saying that this statistic is in any way reliable, but you seem to think these reports are truly accurate).

19. Where did I say the Ibusa teachers training college was not a secondary school? I know how "college" is used in Nigeria and what it refers to. Don't misquote me.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsQED(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2011
I really hate that spambot. It's so useless. I had about 30+ more points to post but it keeps banning me and removing my posts even when I post in small chunks. I'm going to take a small break because this forum's maniacal spambot is just a nuisance.

@Ogbuefi 1, I'll be back to this thread in a while, so don't go anywhere. I still have a lot to teach you!! grin This spambot keeps hiding my replies and I'm a little too annoyed with it to spend anymore time on this thread just now.

Regarding Nwanze and Osagie, I already posted a longer response about that but the spambot got it. You can find out about publications with a simple search of "E Nwanze" and "A Osagie" on Google scholar or you can use ISI web of knowledge (Thomson Reuters), which requires a subscription, or Scopus (which you have to register for). Google scholar is easier to access though. It is a fact that Dr. Osagie had academic seniority, was a former head of his department, and had many more publications and more citations. Both Osagie and Nwanze are biochemists. Osagie, however, was a past president of Nigeria's biochemistry society while Nwanze was president of no such organization. There's not much more to it than that. Don't get the impression that I'm putting down Dr. Nwanze or anything, though. My point is really that the criteria used in selecting a VC were not necessarily merit based and that everybody (including you) got the wrong story about the vice chancellor thing and started with the insults and insinuations about Binis.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2011
A lot have happened since my last post.

Negro and alj tag team,wow! Now isn't that the best looking pair since slice bread,nothern and yoruba collabo,two poverty stricken bed fellows,i see.

Already the same lazy groups are already salivating over igbo property in their lands,you don't get it do you? What makes ndiigbo thick are not those things you are salivating over,they are inbuilt and not acquired,it may suprise you to know that most of those mansions were built by people who or whose parents started off with 20 pounds,whatever happened to those yorubas who benefited from his post war privatization programme,ever wondered why ndiigbo always dominate the commercial activities of cities and towns,even villages of this country?Do you think that other groups are not interested in the lucrative business? Do you think that the natives would rather buy from a stranger than from their tribesmen,or is it because in commerce there is no quota system,no federal character,no indigene stuff,so the bravest group dominated,just like in the current female football national and the just concluded MBGN.

Lagos is the commercial nerve centre of nigeria,yet sw'ners still live in mud houses and are poverty stricken,of course we know the group who control the cash flow,their money draw the banks to the city,the lagos state government gains by taxing them and the banks,they invest their profits,but the rest they remit back home to build mansions and pay the school fees of their young ones,they fleece the sw'ners and the northerners dry to improve the lives of their families,the end result:low poverty rate in their region,high poverty rate in the sw and north.You think we don't build mansions at home,leave your ore,travel to igboland,start from agbor,by the time you get to abriba,mbaise,awkaetiti,you will faint.

"Ka okeke ruchalu army,kee bootu ya",you believed there "used" to be northern and western merchants,what more can i say? I get am before no be property,despite their merchandise,their regions are still the poorest in the country,it says a lot about them.
We igbos say we are the best,we are not boasting,we have every available stats to prove that,when those stats stops being in favour of us,then it becomes boasting.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 10:22am On Jul 05, 2011
exotik:

and one more thing, iguefi, how come with all your rants, u have not said anything about how asaba was made capital of delta  state? did asaba deserve to be the capital of the state? was it not bottom pvssy-power of maryam dat made asaba the capital. the igboman has not really worked hard or even fought hard for his achievements, he has always been known to cheat his way to get it. and true to his nature, that was how asaba was made capital, cheating with igbo-pvssy. but see now, since asaba has been made capital, 20 odd years, abi? so how far has  igbo-pvssy taken asaba? not so far and the pvssy is dead from exhaustion, hahahaha
so next time dont be straining igbo-pvssy too much, abeg.

You see why we are the best,while edo girls were selling their pvssies to dogs at europe for few cents,an igbo woman used hers to attract the then no1 citizen of the country and then brought the capital of delta to asaba(anioma),apart from continiously bleaching her skin and "tummy tucking" that eventually claimed her life,what tangible thing did "toy faced" stella did for esan or edo people,ndi iberibe.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Market women riots happened everywhere in Nigeria. It is not a unique event to igboland.

I'm talking about giving some exceptional instances of political resistance or insurbordination to the British status Quo. You have none! So shut up about some market women riot in Aba or Umuhaia or wherever that was.

Give us some parallels of sacked Obi or ruler that was dethroned as a penlty for challenging Britain or the like of Mrs Kuti, Madam Tinubu or Awo.

Market women rioted in Markurdi, Bini, Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, that was common! Be exceptional in your resistance to the invaders if you dare!

You were pliant and submissive, hence your rewarding positions.

You came top brilliance but in every decision making situation you fail to exercise good judgement.

Failed in coup, failed in negotiations, failed in war, failed to moe country forward when every strategic position was in your monopoly.

. . . .And you wonder why the rest of country is not secure and trusting in giving Igbo the Presidency. You are not a dominant force, but you lack credibility for success.
You need to stop this your whinning,i am not here to educate you on the british pacification of nigerian groups,your government class should have taken care of that,i am here to assert igbo superiority,to rub it in on anti-igbo groups,and to listen to their whining.

Ndiigbo don't need to plead for thd post of the presidency,stats have it that the yoruba and the north both of who have had the posts for long,are the poorest in the country,why the yoruba are in love with mud houses,the north are in love with illiteracy,when obj wanted the best men,he chose ndukwe(ict),dora(nafdac), soludo(banking reforms), okonjo(finance),our nobles are the best among their equals,our low lives are the best among other groups low lives,we are the best of anything good or bad about nigeria,when nigeria wants a best president,they know where to look.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2011
vicenzo, selling your pvssy abroad for dollars is better than selling it for some loose change in nigeria. go to lagos and see dat most of the ashys there are igbos, even most of the ashys in benin are of igbo-origin. and from your argument about ashys, it seems u are trying to qualify maryam as an ashy even though she was the legitimate wife of the president who married him long before delta was created. dats a foolish line of thought for igbos who proud demselves as the most enlightened and "soundly" educated.

but typical of what the igboman  known for, they influenced the woman to use her pvssy to bring the capital to asaba knowing fully well they didn't deserve it and have done nothing on ground that should make asaba the capital. but why would the igboman bother to put anything on ground in his homeland, when he has the land of another man to feast and live on? and to crown it oyiboman don give am undp report to boost his ego? pvssy and undp report won't get u far, dat all im saying and never said maryam was ashy. mtcheeew.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2011
btw, i must add dat i love igbo-pvssy. and becos igbos are known entrepreneurs? their pvssy also come cheap in naira and not hard for nigerian men to get. u can buy two and get one free. unlike edo pvssy dat sells for dollars way out of the reach of nigerians. see? dat was a compliment. hahahaha
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
exotik:

btw, i must add dat i love igbo-pvssy. and becos igbos are known entrepreneurs? their pvssy also come cheap in naira and not hard for nigerian men to get. u can buy two and get one free. unlike edo pvssy dat sells for dollars way out of the reach of nigerians. see? dat was a compliment. hahahaha

Na wa o! And i thought i was arguing with a sane person,dude,you need to visit papa olukoya for laying of hands,legs,and any available body appendage.

I never called maryam a prostitute,i was just saying that she did a better job for her people than stella did for you guys,stella couldn't see beyound her bleaching cream and tummy tuck.

As for asaba not deserving the capital of delta state,your sentiments doesn't matter,asaba is and will always be the capital of delta state,those in delta south and central,have since come to accept that warri will always be second to asaba,warri no dey carry last,but asaba no dey carry second.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
exotik:

vicenzo, selling your pvssy abroad for dollars is better than selling it for some loose in nigeria. go to lagos and see dat most of the ashys there are igbos, even most of the ashys in benin are of igbo-origin. and from your argument about ashys, it seems u are trying to qualify maryam as an ashy even though she was the legitimate wife of the president who married him long before delta was created. dats a foolish line of thought for igbos who proud demselves as the most enlightened and "soundly" educated.

but typical of what the igboman known for, they influenced the woman to use her pvssy to bring the capital to asaba knowing fully well they didn't deserve it and have done nothing on ground that should make asaba the capital. but why would the igboman bother to put anything on ground in his homeland, when he has the land of another man to feast and live on? and to crown it oyiboman don give am undp report to boost his ego? pvssy and undp report won't get u far, dat all im saying and never said maryam was ashy. mtcheeew.

Stop deceiving yourself,nobody pays any dollar for an edo pussy,even you admitted that the better igbo prostitutes have dominated the benin market,making the frustrated edo prostitutes to flee to europe ane american thinking that the whites will patronize them,but you and i know that they failed,but the whites in their infinite mercy didn't want them to starve to death,so they pay them small cents,to sleep with their dogs,nobody pays dollars for rotten edo pvssy.
exotik:

vicenzo, selling your pvssy abroad for dollars is better than selling it for some loose in nigeria. go to lagos and see dat most of the ashys there are igbos, even most of the ashys in benin are of igbo-origin. and from your argument about ashys, it seems u are trying to qualify maryam as an ashy even though she was the legitimate wife of the president who married him long before delta was created. dats a foolish line of thought for igbos who proud demselves as the most enlightened and "soundly" educated.

but typical of what the igboman known for, they influenced the woman to use her pvssy to bring the capital to asaba knowing fully well they didn't deserve it and have done nothing on ground that should make asaba the capital. but why would the igboman bother to put anything on ground in his homeland, when he has the land of another man to feast and live on? and to crown it oyiboman don give am undp report to boost his ego? pvssy and undp report won't get u far, dat all im saying and never said maryam was ashy. mtcheeew.

Stop deceiving yourself,nobody pays any dollar for an edo pussy,even you admitted that the better igbo prostitutes have dominated the benin market,making the frustrated edo prostitutes to flee to europe ane american thinking that the whites will patronize them,but you and i know that they failed,but the whites in their infinite mercy didn't want them to starve to death,so they pay them small cents,to sleep with their dogs,nobody pays dollars for rotten edo pvssy.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
lol, vicenzo, u funny o,
u didn't call maryam ashy but u brought girls selling pvssies into the argument about her to make her seem special before comparing her to stella? u were indirectly calling her one and dats a convo about ashys dat u were starting and i just had to remind u that igbos top in dat area locally while edo girls go international matches.

and btwn warri and asaba, i choose warri. there is nothing in asaba, it is dull and dry. at least warri is a vibrant city and waffi boys will use konk pidgin to scatter your head, and if dat is the only experience u can take home it is good and better than asaba that u would go home with nothing. anyway, i won't lie, the experience i took home from asaba was power failure and lots of mosquito bites.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
and stop lying edo girls don't do that shyte in the us. edo girls in the us are mostly students or those who were born there. and their earning power in europe is still better than dat of igbo girls who earn kobo kobo in nigeria
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
and which one be 'kitty' again? lol, it is pvssy!
abeg learn to use the appropriate word especially when talking about ashys.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
lol, vicenzo, u funny o,
u didn't call maryam ashy but u brought girls selling pvssies into the argument about her to make her seem special before comparing her to stella? u were indirectly calling her one and dats a convo about ashys dat u were starting and i just had to remind u that igbos top in dat area locally while edo girls go international matches.

and btwn warri and asaba, i choose warri. there is nothing in asaba, it is dull and dry. at least warri is a vibrant city and waffi boys will use konk pidgin to scatter your head, and if dat is the only experience u can take home it is good and better than asaba that u can nothing home. anyway, i won't lie, the experience i took home from asaba was power failure and lots of mosquito bites.
[quote][/quote]

And you think ndiigbo cares about what you think about asaba?We have bigger fish to fry.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
^
same way ivbiedo don't care about wot u think. lol, and i guess once again we are even.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
btw, is edoland not part of big the fish u are your cohorts are trying to fry? if edoland wasn't part of it, your master iguefi would not have been ranting ceaselessly. igbanke is not igboland.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
----
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by NegroNtns(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
Vincenzo,

Ask other Nigerians who the "whine tribe" is. Would you like a new post on the topic so you can get a good feedback?

There is a quota system in the federal arrangement - Gowon was a magnanimous person, although you hate him; as you do every other good leader in this country. He forgave your trespasses and welcomed you back into the fold. A very good man and igbo owe - not Zik, not Ojukwu, not Irinsi - him (Gowon) your praises and gratitude for whatever success came out of igboland, in manpower or land resource after your post-Biafra recovery.

If he had done like most other warring commanders do to a rebel group he should have installed non-igbos as administrators over you and your land. But that man did not! He brought you back in as if nothing had happened and then included a sharing allocation to accomodate your recovery. Yet, your ungrateful greedy a.s.s.e.s hate him!

You were lucky Murtala or Obasanjo was not the one in power, igbo will be reunited with its kin in Cameroon and Ijaw, Efik, Edo, Urhobo, Igalla will be the new owners of the land.

But, as I have said repeatedly, if igbo is verY sure that it has any ounce of glory in its historical past, if igbo is sure that if it wasn't for outside alliances it would have defeated Nigeria, if igbo Is sure that its innovation iS superb, if Igbo is sure that Biafra is a super power, if Igbo is sure that it has more wealth than any other grp, if igbo is sure that it will defeat and take over Nigeria, if igbo is sure that it cherishes its homeland. . . . . Then what are you waiting on, go on another rampage, repeat your atrocities of the 60s, bring Biafran guns out, assert the will of the land of the rising sun.

Fools!!! Gowon is not in power this time. Let's see if you don't end up as new ethnic grp in Central Africa.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Vincenzo,

Ask other Nigerians who the "whine tribe" is. Would you like a new post on the topic so you can get a good feedback?

There is a quota system in the federal arrangement - Gowon was a magnanimous person, although you hate him; as you do every other good leader in this country. He forgave your trespasses and welcomed you back into the fold. A very good man and igbo owe - not Zik, not Ojukwu, not Irinsi - him (Gowon) your praises and gratitude for whatever success came out of igboland, in manpower or land resource after your post-Biafra recovery.

If he had done like most other warring commanders do to a rebel group he should have installed non-igbos as administrators over you and your land. But that man did not! He brought you back in as if nothing had happened and then included a sharing allocation to accomodate your recovery. Yet, your ungrateful greedy a.s.s.e.s hate him!

You were lucky Murtala or Obasanjo was not the one in power, igbo will be reunited with its kin in Cameroon and Ijaw, Efik, Edo, Urhobo, Igalla will be the new owners of the land.

But, as I have said repeatedly, if igbo is verY sure that it has any ounce of glory in its historical past, if igbo is sure that if it wasn't for outside alliances it would have defeated Nigeria, if igbo Is sure that its innovation iS superb, if Igbo is sure that Biafra is a super power, if Igbo is sure that it has more wealth than any other grp, if igbo is sure that it will defeat and take over Nigeria, if igbo is sure that it cherishes its homeland. . . . . Then what are you waiting on, go on another rampage, repeat your atrocities of the 60s, bring Biafran guns out, assert the will of the land of the rising sun.

Fools!!! Gowon is not in power this time. Let's see if you don't end up as new ethnic grp in Central Africa.
Anusz sniffing goat phucker, it's a pity you are using nairaland to display your stupidity to the world. Shame on you aszbytch hoebag. Get a life gutter monkey.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
@negro.

Gowon is nothing but a stooge,used and dumped by the north,he masterminded the death of millions of ndiigbo,although today his angas group and other middlebelters are poverty stricken and die in their lands at the hand of their northern masters,fulani/hausa,that which he brought upon biafrans has come home to visit  his region,karma is a bitch,i tell you,even their son,orka saw this coming he thought he could stop it,but karma caught up with him.

The truth is that every tribe that was involved in the gruesome murder of biafrans, are today paying  for the sin of their fathers,they are all poverty stricken today,from the  core north to middle belt and odualand,the story is the same,41yrs after the civil war,they are all behind ndiigbo again,and as before they are full of envy and loathe.

Gowon could have done all you said if he was able to defeat biafra on his own,but we know he couldn't,the british and the others who won the battle couldn't have agreed to that,so he in collabo with awo(frog) resorted to render  ndiigbo economically useless,the 20 pounds policy and the immediate privatization programme that followed was to that end,many igbos had to deny their igbo identity,or change their names to obtain what other nigerians easily obtained,boundary adjustment was done to rid the east central of any oil producing community,

Nobody helped ndiigbo,we simply persisted,shook off whatever nigeria threw at us,we were aware of anti- igbo sentiments in the north and the west after the war,yet we didn't hang back at our war ravaged towns and villages,we rather moved into west and north in search of greener pastures,our motto was:if i perish i perish.What a brave group.@negro.

Gowon is nothing but a stooge,used and dumped by the north,he masterminded the death of millions of ndiigbo,although today his angas group and other middlebelters are poverty stricken and die in their lands at the hand of their northern masters,fulani/hausa,that which he brought upon biafrans has come home to visit  his region,karma is a bitch,i tell you,even their son,orka saw this coming he thought he could stop it,but karma caught up with him.

The truth is that every tribe that was involved in the gruesome murder of biafrans, are today paying  for the sin of their fathers,they are all poverty stricken today,from the  core north to middle belt and odualand,the story is the same,41yrs after the civil war,they are all behind ndiigbo again,and as before they are full of envy and loathe.

Gowon could have done all you said if he was able to defeat biafra on his own,but we know he couldn't,the british and the others who won the battle couldn't have agreed to that,so he in collabo with awo(frog) resorted to render  ndiigbo economically useless,the 20 pounds policy and the immediate privatization programme that followed was to that end,many igbos had to deny their igbo identity,or change their names to obtain what other nigerians easily obtained,boundary adjustment was done to rid the east central of any oil producing community,

Nobody helped ndiigbo,we simply persisted,shook off whatever nigeria threw at us,we were aware of anti- igbo sentiments in the north and the west after the war,yet we didn't hang back at our war ravaged towns and villages,we rather moved into west and north in search of greener pastures,our motto was:if i perish i perish.What a brave group.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by vicenzo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
exotik:

btw, is edoland not part of big the fish u are your cohorts are trying to fry? if edoland wasn't part of it, your master iguefi would not have been ranting ceaselessly. igbanke is not igboland.

State of origin doesn't equate to ethnicity,igbanke people are to edo what those igala and  communities in anambra are to ndiigbo or what those ndoki communities in akwa ibom are to ibibio,at the end of the day,everybody answers their father's surname.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.